RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

:D

It's good that the V10 finally gets the badge it deserves, it must have felt insulted, being degraded like that.

Anyway, Roj, will the IT350R be making a comeback? After all, as one of your favourite cars, I think it deserves a place in RKM Spec II.

I don't think it felt anything, as it's an Audi.

Probably. It probably doesn't even need changing in the first place.

I don't think it felt anything, as it's an Audi.

Probably. It probably doesn't even need changing in the first place.

Typically emotionless and German, then.

Ok, I'll give it a go and report back. If there is an issue, I'll send the car back for a tweak. Assuming you haven't already duped one for yourself, that is.

Typically emotionless and German, then.

Ok, I'll give it a go and report back. If there is an issue, I'll send the car back for a tweak. Assuming you haven't already duped one for yourself, that is.
AudiRS6-003.jpg

AudiRS6-012.jpg

"I feel no pain. Pain is for Renault's." - Ikeamobile Panzer Edition.

I built my own, hence why I could take pictures and re-tune it. :dunce:

AudiRS6-003.jpg

AudiRS6-012.jpg

"I feel no pain. Pain is for Renault's." - Ikeamobile Panzer Edition.

I built my own, hence why I could take pictures and re-tune it. :dunce:

Um…the R35 isn't a Renault though…right? Unless that's what the R stands for…

Ah, ok. And will we see a tune for your BCC car? The Evo VIII 2F2F edition or something…

…Speaking of which, I'm off to do a time before I get DQ'd. *runs off*

Um…the R35 isn't a Renault though…right? Unless that's what the R stands for…

Ah, ok. And will we see a tune for your BCC car? The Evo VIII 2F2F edition or something…

…Speaking of which, I'm off to do a time before I get DQ'd. *runs off*

Nissan and Renault have a partnership. Close enough. Nissan GT-Renault. :D

Nope. Just max the AYC, tuning done.

Yeah, you're holding us up. :yuck:

RKM Motorsport’s Locust

Locust.jpg

Locust_Big.jpg

Based on: Lotus Evora '09
Obtained: New Car Dealership

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 321 BHP (@ 222.4 miles + rebuild)
Torque:---- 292 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1117 kg
PP:-------- 500

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Front Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type B
PDI 525 Wheels
Engine Rebuild/Chassis Refresh once possible

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Sports Header
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Close Ratio 6-speed Gearbox
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Hard Tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/6

Ballast
Amount:-- 15
Position: -6

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 97.3%

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/8
Accel:-- 0/15
Braking: 0/12

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-12
Spring Rate: 15.9/19.2
Extension:-- 8/9
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 4/1
Camber:----- 1.5/1.3
Toe:-------- -0.14/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/4

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
They come in swarms and destroy everything.

'nuff said.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Locust

Locust.jpg

Locust_Big.jpg

Based on: Lotus Evora '09
Obtained: New Car Dealership

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 330 BHP (@ 222.4 miles + rebuild)
Torque:---- 321 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1233 kg
PP:-------- 500

PARTS
GT Auto

Engine Rebuild
Chassis Refresh

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Sports Header
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Close Ratio 6-speed Gearbox
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/6

Ballast
Amount:-- 15
Position: -6

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 97.3%

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/8
Accel:-- 0/15
Braking: 0/12

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-12
Spring Rate: 15.9/19.2
Extension:-- 8/9
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 4/1
Camber:----- 1.5/1.3
Toe:-------- -0.14/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/4

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
They come in swarms and destroy everything.

'nuff said.

The first thing I said when I saw this was "GRUBS!" Haha, Gears of War 3, you have twisted my mind so much.

Ah well, each to their own. The tuning forum doesn't end at RKM and Ferraris though. :D

Anyway, one more thing Roj, the old NSX 3rd Anni tune was just clocked doing a 2:01.634 lap around Suzuka with me driving. I admit it's on RS tyres, but that's still a facking quick lap that even most touring cars will fail to reach.

A review of the RKM GTO/VR4:

I've always thought of the Mitsubishi GTO as a 6-cylinder contender against Nissan's Skyline and the now-defunct (sadly) Toyota Supra. In the earlier Gran Turismo games, the GTO was one of the must-have cars that can be tuned to within an inch of its life. That is, until the Nissan Skyline came along and quickly established its reputation as an in-game Godzilla. The GTO was demoted to a status of has-been.

Call it nostalgia but I personally feel it's great to see the GTO out of the backburner and tuned by the folks of RKM to its potential. Oh, a little off-tangent here: congratulations to Sapphire as the 3rd tuner of RKM! I've been a solid fan of this garage from the get-go and I can't wait to try out your tunes!

Taking a look at the tune, I noticed Roj set the front spring rates to be stiffer and the rear ones looser. Knowing that the car tips the scales close to 1400kg (stage 3 weight reduction applied) and it's 4WD, I thought it'd be a recipe for understeer. Anyhow, I applied the settings to my GTO and I was wrong about my understeer assumption.

My GTOs performance figures are conservative compared to the RKM car (322 bhp, no power upgrades). Also, I set the torque4 distribution of my GTO to a 25/75 split. Despite the discrepancy in power, the handling of the GTO is incredibly stable. Going back to the tightly-sprung front end, the best way to describe it is to imagine the front of the car is nailed to the track and acts as a fulcrum for the rear. At first, steering feel may be a bit heavy and numb, offering little feedback from the front tires. Nevertheless, this odd combination greatly reduces understeer and the front is grippy. If a driver didn't know the GTO was 4WD, one would think it is a front-wheeler because of the weight of the steering feel.

I wanted to test the limits of the GTO's understeer by driving it on tracks with wide radius corners that can be taken at fairly high speeds, i.e. Tokyo R246, Cape Ring, etc. Surprisingly, the GTO has a remarkable tolerance for such corners. Speedy left-right transitions or off-camber turns do not upset the overall balance of the car. The key determinant for this, in my opinion, is the firmly-planted front and the pliant rear. Such a combination works well on the GTO. For a heavy 4WD car such as this, turn-in response is impressive. However, handling characteristics (particularly the limit of understeer) would be different from mine in another car running the full RKM GTO trim.

There's not much to speak of my GTO in terms of performance. The car would accommodate the RKM ratios but given my car's only rated at 322 bhp, it runs through the gears fairly quickly but tops out quite early. Adjust it for better top speed and acceleration is hampered. I dare not modify the ratios posted by RKM because they work for my GTO. Though performance isn't explosive, it's enough to leave a Spec-V R35 behind a 6-sec. gap at Monza. :)

Overall, the RKM GTO is an incredible car, especially with the front spring rate trick. It'd make for a great learner's car for picking the appropriate racing line for a variety of turns given its handling characteristics. It certainly breaks the stereotype of heavy front end in a 4WD = understeer.

Oh and thank you RKM for bringing the GTO back into the fray. :D

Ah well, each to their own. The tuning forum doesn't end at RKM and Ferraris though. :D

Anyway, one more thing Roj, the old NSX 3rd Anni tune was just clocked doing a 2:01.634 lap around Suzuka with me driving. I admit it's on RS tyres, but that's still a facking quick lap that even most touring cars will fail to reach.

Yep but only if the Touring Cars drive on Comfort Softs :lol:

raVer

Yep but only if the Touring Cars drive on Comfort Softs :lol:

raVer

:lol: You say that, but then the guy in the M3 GTR Race Car spent a full hour running around Suzuka trying to beat my time! And what's funnier still is that not only is he using a race car in a road car room (He's the host, a bad one at that) but he didn't even come close to it!

Onboy123
:lol: You say that, but then the guy in the M3 GTR Race Car spent a full hour running around Suzuka trying to beat my time! And what's funnier still is that not only is he using a race car in a road car room (He's the host, a bad one at that) but he didn't even come close to it!

Sounds like me when I beat a fully riced 458 around a wet lap of the Nurburgring in a sedately driven stock Toyota 430SCV...the poor kid kept overtaking, then crashing, then overtaking again. He wiped so badly at the end of the straight that I sailed past and stole his place :D

Mini reviews!! :D

RX-7 R400-
Properly, properly good. Slightly less radical settings, similar effects. Turn in is nearly flawless. Strong word, but it feels pretty much perfect. Nice and quick, without being too quick that it catches the back end or the driver out. It also feels confident, planted through the bumpy bends of Trial Mountain, even with an utter noob driving. It's very easy to drive too, plenty of grip, doesn't bite back and very balanced. Have to say as well, with the new gearbox and slight boost in power, it accelerates faster than the previous one too.

It isn't without flaws though, it seems to wallow a bit more in the corners which may help its performance on bumpy tracks like Trial, but feels too soft for flatter tracks. There is a hint of understeer here and there at the limits which, although can be cured with a mild overdose of throttle, makes it slightly tricky to work with in a race. And I also find the new trend of setting gearboxes slightly strange. The last gear is often set longer than the rest, to keep the car in it's powerband for longer? Whatever, the new gear settings more than compensates for that.

To sum up, this latest evolution of the R400 doesn't disappoint. It's every bit as quick and easy to drive as a R35 GTR, while being more alive, more responsive, being right up there with the old NSX 3rd Anniversary in terms of feel.

……and speaking of which, here's the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary, retuned for Spec II.

NSX-R 3rd Anniversary-
Strong words, but with the latest update, the 3rd Anniversary is another step closer to perfection. It feels sharp, quick, and…pretty much like how it was before the update, actually. It may have grown a set of sharper teeth and a slightly more waggly tail as a result of the update, but it's still not what you'd call…tricky. It's still very easy to drive, still fun to drive. Sideways is the norm for cornering in this. your only real choice is how much slide. Good. Then there's the performance. A car as easy to drive as this means that this NSX will still be pushing the limits when most cars would have let go. Sub 1:30s around Trial Mountain is cruising speed for this car.

Flaws? Erm……I suppose it is a bit tricky to use online with that lively arse, but that doesn't matter much. Partly because it was tuned offline, but mostly because you just can't hate a car which is such a big laugh. It is just faultless, it may not be the quickest setup for a lap of a track, but everything else considered, it is still the masterpiece it once was.

Edit:
Sounds like me when I beat a fully riced 458 around a wet lap of the Nurburgring in a sedately driven stock Toyota 430SCV...the poor kid kept overtaking, then crashing, then overtaking again. He wiped so badly at the end of the straight that I sailed past and stole his place :D
Only exception being that this guy in the M3 never got the lead! :lol: Every lap he upped his pace, I broke my previous lap record till I smashed it by 2 full seconds and he spent the next hour chasing after that 2:00.000 mark. Oh how I love Suzuka and the NSX. <3

Alot of people say RS online are SS offline, would you guys agree??

Is just that I use the NSX a hell of alot online and at higher spec (fully tuned at 460bhp/560pp) and sometimes reduced to 550pp and I still find it the best car I've driven in GT5 using either RS and SS (have to be more gentle using SS tho)

Oi Roj, I think you can just take the Castrol Supra out of the archives and into the new list of tunes without any changes at all, there is nothing different about the car's handling , it's just as easy to drive and just as mind numbingly quick. It lapped Suzuka in 1:55.140 without me breaking a sweat and with the turbo taken off.

Deathscythe seems to be cleared too, just as murderous and murderously quick as before. Mind you, that's on RS tyres and the car feels a tad more remote.

Alot of people say RS online are SS offline, would you guys agree??

Is just that I use the NSX a hell of alot online and at higher spec (fully tuned at 460bhp/560pp) and sometimes reduced to 550pp and I still find it the best car I've driven in GT5 using either RS and SS (have to be more gentle using SS tho)

Not at all.

They're really about the same, just the general feel of cars changes between online and offline.

Edit: @ Onboy RE RX-7: Sounds about right. 6th is a top speed run gear (tops out right around peak power, won't be going much faster without aero tweaks) but still close enough to 5th to keep pulling.

Last edited:
Back