~ Ready, Steady, Go! - Chapter 55 ~ (02/03/12)(56k/MobileApp Warning!)

• Thread starter VTiRoj
  • 1,199 comments
Yuka and Hitomi in UK, Maybe they will drive a 1996 Lotus Elise :D

And

Dave and Shin Fighting For The Win (What a Suspense)

All I Have To Say Is Awesome Chapter and Keep it Coming :D

Cheers :cheers:

VTIRoj, this is amazing! I read since the chapter one and I can't wait until you post the following chapter! Congratulations, you're an excellent writer!

VTIRoj, this is amazing! I read since the chapter one and I can't wait until you post the following chapter! Congratulations, you're an excellent writer!

Thank you very much! :embarrassed: I post a new chapter every Friday. 👍

Chapter 35 - Winning’s Winning

Shin charged up the first straight, putting the pedal through the floor in an attempt to finish Dave once and for all.

Shin: You can shove that 1,000,000 Yen up your arses! That Atenza is going to give me the vital funds I need to push this Mustang to it’s potential!
Dave: Oh crap.

RSG-0904.jpg

He braked hard for the first corner, throwing the Mustang into a high-speed drift around the bend.

Shin: If I have to drift to win, then I will drift!

RSG-0905.jpg

Dave was falling behind fast. Shin’s assault on Aso was far too much for the Atenza to cope with.

Dave: I need to catch up! I’m not going to lose!

RSG-0906.jpg

Shin’s tyres were shot, but he stayed firmly on the throttle, sliding the Mustang around Mt. Aso like an episode of Initial D. Dave put all his concentration into keeping up.

RSG-0907.jpg

Not even the dreaded blind turn could put these two off now. Shin drifted through the turn with a full throttle drift, with Dave taking the inside at high speed.

RSG-0908.jpg

Shin turned the wheel to throw the Mustang into another slide around the next corner, but the rear tyres were already past their best. The rear end of the Mustang came all the way around.

RSG-0909.jpg

Dave went down the inside, attempting to avoid a possible collision. The Mustang’s rear bumper grazed the fences.

Shin: No! Don’t spin on me!
Dave: That’s not good.

RSG-0910.jpg

Shin came to a stop, facing the way he just came. Dave passed by, not slowing down at all. Shin hit his steering wheel in frustration.

Shin: Damn it! Damn damn damn!!!
Dave: TJ was right, waiting for him to screw up was all I needed.
Shin: Stupid tyres! Argh!!

RSG-0911.jpg

Shin: No, I still have a chance.

Shin whipped the Mustang around and set off after Dave.

RSG-0912.jpg

Dave: Well, that’s this race over then… Wait, what’s that in my mirror?

RSG-0913.jpg

Dave: Damn he’s relentless! I need to keep running until the end. I’m not going to lose!

RSG-0914.jpg

Shin: I’ve lost sight of him again. He’s on the final corner! Blast! I can’t lose like this!

RSG-0915.jpg

Dave: Final stretch!

RSG-0916.jpg

Shin: No! No no no no no no!!! He’s already at the finish! Damn it! I’ve lost…

RSG-0917.jpg

Dave passed the finish line in first place. He parked up at the side of the road where TJ was waiting.

Dave: I did it man! I did it!
TJ: Well done, looks like a seven second lead. He spun didn’t he?
Dave: Yup!

Shin stopped his car beside Dave’s and got out. He approached TJ and Dave.

Shin: It seems I underestimated you Dave. I will deposit the money at TJ’s garage by tonight.
TJ: Good.
Dave: So you’re not going to apologise?
Shin: No. Infact I’m going to challenge you to a rematch, on a proper circuit this time.
TJ: You should just quit while you’ve still got only one loss to your name.
Shin: About that… I’m actually quite amused with myself for falling for your strategy so easily. I suppose my pride stepped in before my mind did. I guess at the end of the day, I’ve won more than I’ve lost whilst being here anyway. I suppose what I’m trying to say is that this race was practically rigged from the start, wasn’t it?
TJ: You would’ve won if you had an ounce of throttle control.
Shin: Whilst that may be true, I still want to see who actually is the better driver out of me and Dave here.
Dave: Fine, you’ve got your rematch.
Shin: I’m going back to the States after tonight. When you next see me, my Mustang won’t be the same car that lost tonight. I will give you however much time you need to prepare a car for the race, since you’ll need it.
TJ: So this’ll be a tuner battle eh?
Shin: America’s finest versus you two.
TJ: Sounds good.
Dave: Yeah, it’s a deal.
Shin: Good. I will leave my contact details with TJ once I deposit the money. I will see you both soon.

Shin started the Mustang back up and drove off. TJ sat on the Atenza’s bonnet and gazed up at the sky.

TJ: I hope Yuka is back before this race.
Dave: Why?
TJ: After you’re done with Shin, win or lose, I want to see Yuka rip him to shreds after. Lets see his cocky arse talk after dealing with that Civic.
Dave: Her Civic is fast but is it faster than a pro-tuned Mustang?
TJ: That Civic is pro-tuned too, plus I spent a couple of days replacing the LSD on it.
Dave: You did what?
TJ: Yeah, those guys at RKM had a new LSD model out and wanted to let Yuka have a free one in exchange for the old one she already had. She doesn’t know about it yet, it’s a surprise.
Dave: Are you sure that’s okay?
TJ: Yuka trusts me with her car, don’t worry. I’ve not driven it properly but after seeing RKM’s FD2 demo car smack a bunch of Skyline’s up, I’ve got no doubts.
Dave: Wow. It’s that fast?
TJ: RKM’s is a turbocharged FD2 but otherwise shares the same suspension and LSD with Yuka’s car.
Dave: I see. I bet it cost a bomb though.
TJ: Yeah. It was worth it though.
Dave: I can imagine.
TJ: Anyway lets head back home and get a head start in fixing this Atenza up for the race with Shin.
Dave: Right.

Later on, in England…

Yuka and Hitomi checked into their London hotel. It was a five-star hotel with all the luxuries, including a hot tub and walk-in wardrobe.

Yuka: Wow… This is…
Hitomi: Ahhhh! It’s like my dream house come true!
Yuka: Excessive…
Hitomi: Don’t you like it?
Yuka: I like it but… For a hotel it’s a bit excessive.
Hitomi: We’re loaded anyway, this is fine! This is what, 200 Euros a day? Barely dents our 50,000 purse!
Yuka: In that case… Dibs on the first hot tub!

Yuka ran inside the bathroom and locked the door shut. Hitomi tried to open the door but it wouldn’t budge. Yuka started running the water for the hot tub.

Hitomi: Hey! Yuka! Hey!!

Special thanks to Rotary Junkie for being Dave!

Looks like Shin know when to assume that he lost. Can't wait for that rematch heheheh

I wanna be that hot tub in the hotel.

I'm not sure he's a "Big Dave" yet, he's still driving an Atenza afterall. :lol:

Personally I'd rather be the bathtub in Yuka and Kei's apartment. Hotel hot tubs aren't the best things in the world to be. :lol:

I wanna be Yuka's towels.

Chapter 36 - Subway Racer

It was the next morning. Hitomi’s phone started ringing beside her with the same old Rihanna ring tone.

Hitomi: Ugh… Who’s calling at this time of day…?

She picked the phone up and glanced at the caller ID. She didn’t recognise the number. She picked up anyway.

Hitomi: Hello…?
Man: Is this Hitomi, Leon’s girlfriend?
Hitomi: Yeah… No! I’m not his girlfriend!
Man: Oh? I must have my information wrong. Anyway I’m Chris, his brother.
Hitomi: So you’re the one who’s supposed to be lending us a car for the British Lightweight season huh?
Chris: Yeah. I’m at Subway right now, it’s just down the road from your hotel I believe. I’ve brought the car along, want to meet up?
Hitomi: Sure…
Chris: Great. Is your cousin there with you?
Hitomi: Yuka? Yeah, she’s still asleep.
Chris: Oh, did I wake you just now?
Hitomi: Yeah.
Chris: My apologies! How about I treat you both to breakfast?
Hitomi: Sure. We’ll be there once we’re both actually awake.
Chris: Great, see you soon.
Hitomi: See you.

Hitomi put the phone down and woke Yuka up.

Hitomi: Hey Yuka, wake up.
Yuka: Mhmmm…
Hitomi: Hey!
Yuka: I’m sleeping!
Hitomi: It’s morning and we’re being treated to breakfast, so get up and get ready.
Yuka: Oh alright.

Later on…

Yuka and Hitomi made their way down the street towards Subway.

Hitomi: London is pretty big isn’t it?
Yuka: Yeah.
Hitomi: Hopefully our car won’t be too much of a handful, I don’t want to crash through a shop window.
Yuka: Elise’s aren’t hard to drive.
Hitomi: Yeah… Wait, Elise? What Elise?
Yuka: Isn’t that our car over there? That white Elise over there outside Subway.

Yuka pointed out a white roadster with a huge rear wing and front splitter.

Hitomi: Oh! Yeah I think that’s it.

The girls walked over to the car and started inspecting it.

Yuka: It’s cute!
Hitomi: Looks fast.

RSG-0918.jpg

Yuka: Looks like it’s had a lot of work put into the handling.

RSG-0919.jpg

Hitomi: This spoiler is huge though. Surely they could’ve fitted something more suitable?
Yuka: It’s not that bad.

RSG-0920.jpg

Hitomi: Well there’s no doubt this is the car then, let’s go inside.

Hitomi and Yuka walked into Subway. Chris immediately recognised them and got up to introduce himself.

Chris: Hitomi! And ah, Yuka?
Hitomi: Oh so you’re Chris.
Yuka: Hi.
Chris: I see you’ve already seen the car. Do you like it?
Hitomi: It’s not a TVR but it’ll do.
Yuka: I think it’s cute. Hehe…
Hitomi: Yeah. So about breakfast?
Chris: Ah yeah. Go order and I’ll pay for you both.
Hitomi: Sure.

Meanwhile, in Japan…

Dave arrived at TJ’s. He walked into the garage where he saw his Atenza completely stripped down to bare metal, with all the paint sanded away. All of it’s parts were removed and organised into neat piles around the garage. TJ was flicking through a parts catalogue.

Dave: Wow. You’ve sure made progress.
TJ: Ah, Dave, I was about to call you.
Dave: Yeah? Need help?
TJ: Well since this is your car, it’s your choice as to what colour you want it painted.
Dave: Oh true. Yeah… I’m not even sure myself.
TJ: The car was originally white, if that helps. Can you believe that green respray was a professionally done job? Must’ve cost a fortune. They actually painted the whole shell, not just the exterior panels. I only found the original colour by looking the car up online.
Dave: So I guess we’re going to do that too?
TJ: We have to after I sanded it all down to bare metal again. So yeah, pick a colour out and we’ll get cracking.

Later on…

Yuka and Hitomi finished their Subway breakfast, paid for by Chris.

Yuka: Ahhh! I love a good sub! Especially foot longs, mmmm… I could go for another!
Hitomi: How do you eat those and not get fat?
Yuka: Well I’m not thin…
Hitomi: Yeah but you’re eating foot long subs!
Yuka: I guess I just exercise enough then.
Hitomi: You need to teach me your secrets girl.
Chris: Aha! I’m glad you two are enjoying your meals. How are you finding London by the way?
Hitomi: So far, I like it!
Yuka: It’s pretty neat. I see they’ve already prepared some roads for the race this afternoon.
Chris: Yeah, it’ll be fully barricaded by then.
Hitomi: So are we driving the Elise to Surrey or are you using a trailer?
Chris: The car is road legal, so you two can drive it up to Surrey, race it, then come back here to drop the car off before you go.
Hitomi: Great stuff.
Yuka: So what’s been done to the car exactly? I noticed it’s not standard.
Chris: Oh yeah, I should explain that huh? It’s a 1996 Lotus Elise, tuned for low level track racing. It’s had some weight reduction done so it weighs about 740 kilos, basic engine work to 140 horsepower, a shorter ratio gearbox, suspension already adjusted for racing and the aerodynamic improvements you saw for yourselves.
Yuka: Sounds good.
Chris: If that’s all, then I think we’re all done here.
Hitomi: Yeah, I think that’s it.
Yuka: Hitomi, do you want to take London? I really want to race on the Top Gear track…
Hitomi: Sure cousin.
Yuka: Yay!
Chris: Well I need to go now, I’ll leave the keys with you and I’ll see you both in a few days!
Hitomi: You’re just leaving us with the car?
Chris: I trust Leon’s opinions about you, so yeah.
Hitomi: …
Yuka: Well thank you Chris, we’ll take good care of the Elise!
Chris: I’m sure you will, goodbye ladies!
Yuka: Bye!

Chris made his way out of Subway.

Yuka: Hitomi, you didn’t say bye.
Hitomi: I just don’t like how Leon’s been talking about me to his brother.
Yuka: Guys will be guys Hitomi.
Hitomi: I guess this is why you changed huh?
Yuka: Sort of…
Hitomi: I’m glad you have Kei anyway. I can’t have my little cousin all heartbroken like me now can I?
Yuka: You’ll be fine, look how easily you get guys!
Hitomi: Mhmm.
Yuka: Anyway, I want to look around London for a bit. Want to go window shopping before we race?
Hitomi: Yeah, why not.

Later on…

Yuka and Hitomi returned to the hotel, only an hour before they were due to race.

Yuka: London is expensive…
Hitomi: Yeah… I really wanted those shoes… And that dress… And that hat…
Yuka: It’s funny though because most of this stuff is made in Asia or imported from America. We sure do make a profit from Europe don’t we?
Hitomi: Yeah and we buy their products for a premium too. It’s how the world economy works.
Yuka: Yeah. Anyway it looks like its time to race. You’re up!
Hitomi: Right.

Starting Grid
1. Green MG TF160
2. Black Lotus Elise Type 72
3. White Lotus Europa
4. Red MGF
5. Yellow Lotus Elise Sport 190
6. Black Lotus Elise 111S
7. Yuka & Hitomi’s White Lotus Elise
8. Blue Lotus Elise
9. Yellow Triumph Spitfire
10. Blue Lotus Elan
11. Black TVR V8S
12. White TVR Griffith

TF160 Driver: This MG is perfect for blasting around London!

RSG-0921.jpg

Type 72 Driver: That couldn’t be Yuka I just saw getting into that white Elise could it?

RSG-0922.jpg

Europa Driver: I don’t want to wreck a classic but I want to show these Elise’s who’s boss.

RSG-0923.jpg

MGF Driver: The MGF is apparently a girl’s car but honestly I don’t see it.

RSG-0924.jpg

Sport 190 Driver: These first generation Elise’s are the best of the lot. Much better looking and lighter.

RSG-0925.jpg

111S Driver: The Elise is perfect here, I can squeeze through and claim the win!

RSG-0926.jpg

Hitomi: I’m going to end this quickly. This track is too tight to risk getting caught up in little battles.
Yuka: It’s cosy in here.
Hitomi: Yeah, this Elise is tiny.

RSG-0927.jpg

Elise Driver: Hopefully I get some blessing from RKM’s Juliet Elise for painting my Elise the same colour…

RSG-0928.jpg

Spitfire Driver: Don’t break down on me now…

RSG-0929.jpg

Elan Driver: Nothing like a classic Lotus to enjoy a London race.

RSG-0930.jpg

V8S Driver: Lets see these Lotus’ keep up with my V8!

RSG-0931.jpg

Griffith Driver: I come all the way from Blackpool to start last, great.

RSG-0932.jpg

The lights went green, Hitomi floored it, instantly feeling the Elise’s lack of power as the 111S in front slowly pulled away.

Hitomi: What the? It’s hardly moving!

RSG-0933.jpg

Hitomi braked late for the first corner, using the Elise’s formidable grip to make up for it’s lack of power.

RSG-0934.jpg

She went side by side with the 111S around the first corner.

RSG-0935.jpg

Hitomi: Damn it, does this thing have any power?! I can’t pass!

RSG-0936.jpg

The 111S started pulling ahead down the straight and retook its position.

111S Driver: Hah.
Hitomi: Are you kidding me?!

RSG-0937.jpg

Hitomi stayed close through the next corners. Both the 111S and Sport 190 in front started to slide through the right hander, scraping the wall. Hitomi’s Elise stuck firm to the tarmac with it’s downforce, letting Hitomi pass the injured 111S.

RSG-0939.jpg

Hitomi: There we go!

RSG-0938.jpg

Hitomi took the next right like a woman possessed, narrowly missing the guardrails as she passed the Sport 190 on the inside.

RSG-0940.jpg

Yuka: You’re crazy Hitomi! I love it! Haha!

RSG-0941.jpg

Hitomi jumped yet another kerb, passing the MGF.

RSG-0942.jpg

Hitomi caught the Europa and TF ahead. The Europa and TF traded paint coming through the chicane. Hitomi came flying in just as the Europa started to lose grip.

Europa Driver: Crap!

RSG-0943.jpg

Europa: Ahh! Not the paint!
Hitomi: Ow!
Yuka: The hell just hit us?!

RSG-0944.jpg

Hitomi: That Europa!
Yuka: That’s going to leave a mark…

RSG-0945.jpg

Yuka: That Type 72 is ahead! Lap two Hitomi!

RSG-0946.jpg

Hitomi: It’s fast! We haven’t got the power Yuka!
Yuka: Push harder!

RSG-0947.jpg

Hitomi: Hard enough?
Yuka: Harder Hitomi! Sod the paint and get that Lotus!
Type 72 Driver: Okay I’m convinced, that’s Yuka in that car behind me. No one else could possibly keep up like this. What are you doing in London I wonder?

RSG-0948.jpg

Type 72 Driver: What the?!
Hitomi: Lesson five of the Hitomi school of driving baby!
Yuka: Weeeeee!

RSG-0949.jpg

Yuka: Last lap coming up, let’s do it!
Hitomi: Right!

RSG-0950.jpg

Type 72 Driver: Whoa! What the hell? She’s riding my bumper!
Hitomi: This Elise may not be powerful, but the brakes are superb!

RSG-0951.jpg

Hitomi stayed hard on the throttle, pushing the Elise to its limits in an attempt to keep up with the powerful Type 72. Once they reached the kerbs, Hitomi began her attack.

Hitomi: Hold tight Yuka!
Type 72 Driver: What…?

RSG-0952.jpg

Type 72 Driver: No way! She’s passed me! I’ve never been overtaken here!

RSG-0953.jpg

Type 72 Driver: How on earth can you jump the kerbs every lap?

RSG-0954.jpg

Hitomi: We did it!
Yuka: Yeah buddy!
Type 72 Driver: I’ve lost…

RSG-0955.jpg

Hitomi kept her foot to the floor, taking the battered and bruised Elise to victory.

Yuka: Woooo!
Hitomi: Yeah that’s it!

RSG-0956.jpg

Hitomi stopped the car and ran out to the podium to celebrate. The Type 72 stopped behind. Yuka glanced over as the driver got out. She instantly recognised the driver.

Yuka: Kyoko?!
Kyoko: Yuka! Wait, it wasn’t you driving just now?
Yuka: Nope, my cousin was.
Kyoko: Hitomi? Wow.

Yuka ran over to Kyoko and hugged her tight.

Yuka: It’s good to see you again!
Kyoko: Yeah! I haven’t seen you since college!
Yuka: Yeah. So what are you doing in London?
Kyoko: Huh? I live here! I should be asking you that question, unless… It’s you two who’ve been beating everyone in Europe?
Yuka: Yep!
Kyoko: Wow Yuka. You’ve turned pro since the last time I saw you.
Yuka: As have you! Anyway lets go celebrate on the podium, we’ll catch up later, yeah?
Kyoko: Yeah.

Well done to everyone who guessed the car correctly! You all win a part of Dave’s old Vitz!

I'll take.............................................................. -looks over parts- The useless rear view mirror hanging ordainment thing-a-ma-bomber.

Well done to everyone who guessed the car correctly! You all win a part of Dave’s old Vitz!

Yuka should have said KAWAIIIIII DESU :lol:

And yay, I want a car seat from the said car. Home-made playseat for the PS3 :dopey:

Y NO V8S?!

I want the wheels. Mind you, Ishizaki's Yaris is an exact twin of it so :P

Nice chapter though. Elise is not fitting with a spoiler on the back though. RM's excluded... :sly:

Is there any...*ahem* gentleman's literature in Dave's Vitz? :sly: By which I mean issues of Hot Version.

Is there any...*ahem* gentleman's literature in Dave's Vitz? :sly: By which I mean issues of Hot Version.

... with a certain teenager waiting to pop out of it and kick you in the face? :P

... or with a certain car waiting to let Roj pop out and kick you in the face? :sly:

Yuka should have said KAWAIIIIII DESU :lol:

And yay, I want a car seat from the said car. Home-made playseat for the PS3 :dopey:

Y NO V8S?!
Oh god no. She's not 12. :lol:

Also V8S is standard. You should know by now that I stick to premiums when it comes to fanfic cars. :P

TJ says there wasn't any. :dopey:

Oh god no. She's not 12. :lol:

Also V8S is standard. You should know by now that I stick to premiums when it comes to fanfic cars. :P

YOU DON'T HAVE A GOOD TASTE IN CARS, DON'T YOU BAKA?? :lol:

lul dun wurry bru i luv u

Back