~ Ready, Steady, Go! - Chapter 55 ~ (02/03/12)(56k/MobileApp Warning!)

• Thread starter VTiRoj
  • 1,199 comments
I'm 22.

You get it. :P

On a less in-your-endo note, RSG is going on a break after Ch.55 is posted. Sorry guys but technical difficulties are preventing any proper progress on my end. :( I will see if I can start something new in the mean time, but no promises. đź‘Ť

That sucks, hope the break isn't too long, and about something new. Seems like Dave has been getting a little popular lately, any plans for maybe a prequel story about him and his Vitz?

That sucks, hope the break isn't too long, and about something new. Seems like Dave has been getting a little popular lately, any plans for maybe a prequel story about him and his Vitz?

It shouldn't be too long. I'll try and do something else to make the wait less painful, like my Mighty March race report or a short series similar to RSG.

Prequels, sequels, backstories and sidestories will come after RSG is done I think. It's not something I want to start just yet. :)

Chapter 55 - Euro Tour Finale

It was race day in London the following morning. Yuka and Hitomi were stood beside their Brera in the pitlane, with Kyoko taking pictures of them.

Kyoko: And done! These’ll look good on Facebook and all over the European racing sites!
Yuka: Ohhh? Cool!
Kyoko: Yeah! They’ll probably pay me to have these pics on their sites. Hehehe!
Hitomi: I hope you got my good side then!
Kyoko: Yeah yeah.
Hitomi: I’m serious! Let me see the camera.
Kyoko: Here. Let Yuka see too.
Hitomi: Oh you did get my good side. You look really good in these Yuka.
Yuka: Yeah! You’re a good photographer Kyoko!
Hitomi: She is, yeah!
Kyoko: Aw, thanks! It’s just a hobby of mine, I don’t consider myself to be any good at it or anything…
Yuka: Nonsense! These are great!
Kyoko: Well if you two think so, I guess I can’t disagree!
Hitomi: There you go then. You’re our professional photographer when we make it big.
Yuka: Don’t get too ahead of yourself Hitomi. We still have to win this race to prove ourselves.
Hitomi: No problem!
Yuka: Mhm. Anyway we should get going. See you after the race Kyoko!
Kyoko: Yeah! Good luck to you both!

Kyoko walked up between Yuka and Hitomi, hugging them both and kissing their cheeks.

Kyoko: For luck!
Yuka: Awww! Thank you!
Hitomi: Thanks! Wipe your mouth with something though, I’m wearing make up.
Kyoko: Alright then! I’ll see you two at the winner’s lounge!

1. Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0i V6 24V ‘01
Spider Driver: Last race was a disaster. This time will be different.

RSG-1412.jpg

2. Lancia Stratos ‘73
Desmond: Last chance to retain some self-respect…

RSG-1413.jpg

3. Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 ‘65
GTA Driver: Ugh! Again!

RSG-1414.jpg

4. Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto ‘66
Duetto Driver: I’m pleased that an Alfa Romeo won last round. Hopefully the same will happen today.

RSG-1415.jpg

5. Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due ‘00
Barchetta Driver: Again, I’m the only Fiat…

RSG-1416.jpg

6. Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 ‘06
Yuka: Last race Hitomi, no pressure!
Hitomi: We’ll win, don’t worry!
Yuka: Keep the car in one piece okay? I’m racing Kyoko after this.
Hitomi: That’s still on? Sweet. Alright then.

RSG-1417.jpg

7. Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione ‘91
Delta Driver: Alright! Let’s test this new new turbo!

RSG-1418.jpg

8. Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale ‘63
Speciale Driver: I may not be winning, but I am still stylin’.

RSG-1419.jpg

9. Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V ‘04
GT Driver: Again with this grandpa car in front of me!

RSG-1420.jpg

10. Alfa Romeo 147 GTA ‘02
147 Driver: I guess I can’t prove anyone wrong, huh?

RSG-1421.jpg

Yuka: Go round the outside if you can, you can get a good run up to the next guy from there.
Hitomi: Okay!

RSG-1422.jpg

Yuka: Just like that!
Barchetta Driver: Don’t be cocky by passing me on the outside! You won’t…

RSG-1423.jpg

Barchetta Driver: …Succeed? Damn it.

RSG-1424.jpg

Yuka: Mind you don’t knock a mirror off with that guardrail ahead.
Hitomi: I see it.

RSG-1425.jpg

Hitomi: Nothing to worry about!
Yuka: Good! Doing well so far!
Duetto Driver: Ah, the winners from last time. By all means go and win again!

RSG-1426.jpg

Hitomi: Excuse me!

RSG-1427.jpg

Hitomi: Coming through!

RSG-1428.jpg

Yuka: You love that part of the track, don’t you?
Hitomi: I just love grabbing air from kerbs.

RSG-1429.jpg

Hitomi: Come on buddy, move over!
GTA Driver: Now is my chance!
Yuka: Old Alfa coming up on your right Hitomi!
Hitomi: Oh what?

RSG-1430.jpg

Hitomi: Damn it!
GTA Driver: Sorry girls, but you’ve been first enough times this series.

RSG-1431.jpg

Hitomi: You want to play, boy? I’ll show you.
Yuka: Kick his ass!

RSG-1432.jpg

Hitomi: Raw power son! I got it!
Yuka: Weeeeee!
GTA Driver: Damn V6…

RSG-1433.jpg

Hitomi: And finally past this guy!
Yuka: Desmond’s Stratos is ahead!

RSG-1434.jpg

Hitomi: Got him in my sights.

RSG-1435.jpg

Yuka: We’re not gaining on him! Can you push harder?
Hitomi: I’m trying!

RSG-1436.jpg

Hitomi floored it out of the fast right. The Brera started getting closer and closer to the outside wall, until a massive scrape was heard from inside the cockpit.

Hitomi: Oof!
Yuka: Mind the walls Hitomi!
Hitomi: Do you want to win or not?!

RSG-1437.jpg

Hitomi kept her foot down, ignoring the minor damage to the car.

Desmond: Not able to catch up eh? This track suits the Stratos even more than Rome did. You two won’t have your clean sweep.

RSG-1438.jpg

Hitomi: You aint getting away from me Desmond!

RSG-1439.jpg

Hitomi stayed hard on the throttle, using the combination of her favourite part of the track and the long straight section after it to reel Desmond’s Stratos in. The Brera bounced off every kerb Hitomi cut, but remained stable and eventually caught up by the start line.

Desmond: Last lap! It’s too late for you!

RSG-1440.jpg

Yuka: Take it easy around here, we know where we’ve got an advantage. Just keep up with him at the most.

RSG-1441.jpg

Hitomi: You’re mine now!
Yuka: Too fast Hitomi! Slow down!
Hitomi: The Brera can hold it!

RSG-1442.jpg

In reality, the Brera couldn’t hold it, proven by the amount of understeer the Brera was about to display to Hitomi.

Hitomi: I’m losing it! Ah…!

RSG-1443.jpg

Hitomi panic braked, hoping to avoid the wall. It was to no avail. The tail of the Brera whacked the wall with immense force.

Yuka: Ow!
Hitomi: I’m sorry!

RSG-1444.jpg

The rear end of the Brera bounced off the wall, throwing the front of the car into the wall as well. Hitomi kept her foot to the floor, frantically fighting the wheel to keep the car straight. She succeeded in her efforts and pulled the Brera off the wall. She looked ahead to Desmond. The gap hadn’t opened up as much as she feared. There was still hope.

RSG-1445.jpg

Desmond: Injured are we?

RSG-1446.jpg

Hitomi gave chase. Her only hope of winning now lied in the one section that plays to the Brera’s favour. The only obstacle in her way was a successful overtake over Desmond.

Yuka: Come on Hitomi! We can do it!
Hitomi: I’m sorry for the car Yuka, I’ll make it up to you!
Desmond: I’ve won! You can’t pass me even if you rode my bumper to the finish!

RSG-1447.jpg

Hitomi: Come on Brera, give me all you’ve got!

RSG-1448.jpg

Yuka: The track is too wide for him to block here! Show him no mercy!
Hitomi: Got it!

RSG-1449.jpg

Desmond: No! Not these daredevil tactics again!

RSG-1450.jpg

Hitomi: Got you!
Yuka: Yes! Go go go!

RSG-1451.jpg

Desmond: Unbelievable…
Yuka: Woooo! We’ve won!
Hitomi: Was there ever any doubt?

RSG-1452.jpg

Yuka: No, well yes, but wow! We’ve won Hitomi! We’ve won!!
Hitomi: Yeah! What did I tell you eh? We took over Europe baby!
Yuka: I hate to admit it, but yeah, you were right.
Hitomi: I know right? Anyway, let’s get back to the pit lane and celebrate!
Yuka: Let’s!

Hitomi pulled the battle scarred Brera into the winner’s circle and stopped in front of the cheering crowd. The girls got out and began curtsied in front of everyone, much to the delight of the hundreds of Yuka and Hitomi fans. Sullivan came out to congratulate the pair and handed them their final prize. A huge gold trophy.

Sullivan: On behalf of the ERL, I present you both with this trophy!
Yuka: Thank you!
Hitomi: Wow. Where am I going to fit this?
Sullivan: Now if you’d please come with me, we have a press conference and a party to attend!
Yuka: A press conference? Oh my…
Hitomi: Party! Come on Yuka!
Yuka: Um, okay.

Yuka and Hitomi followed Sullivan into the night club where the proceedings were to be held. They sat down at a table already set up with microphones and began their press conference. The conference lasted an hour, with the girls beginning to lose their voices near the end. After being asked every question imaginable, they were finally allowed to leave and enjoy the party. Hitomi bolted for the bar, ordering everything on the menu. Yuka made her way to a small table in the corner, joined by Kyoko, who had finally squeezed past security and found Yuka.

Kyoko: Wow. I didn’t expect all this.
Yuka: Neither did I. It’s a bit too much really. I’m not good with crowds.
Kyoko: Where did Hitomi get off to?
Yuka: The bar.
Kyoko: Ah. As always.
Yuka: Want to grab some pizza? I’m not sure I want to be around when everyone is drunk.
Kyoko: Sure! Shall we go and get Hitomi?
Yuka: We’ll pick her up after, she looks like she’s enjoying the booze.
Kyoko: And the guys.

Later on…

The party kept going until late into the night. After finishing their pizza and doing a bit of light shopping, Yuka and Kyoko made their way back to the club, where Hitomi was completely wasted with her top half undone.

Hitomi: Hey girls! I’m not ready to go home yet!
Yuka: You’re drunk again, aren’t you?
Hitomi: Nope!
Kyoko: Then why do you look like you’ve been throwing up everywhere?
Hitomi: Nope!
Kyoko: Yeah she’s drunk, let’s take her home.
Yuka: Come on cousin, we’re going home.
Hitomi: Awww!

Yuka and Kyoko dragged Hitomi outside the club, where Hitomi proceeded to throw up on the pavement.

Kyoko: Ugh…
Yuka: Oh Hitomi…
Hitomi: I’m fine!
Yuka: Let’s just get you home okay?

The next day…

Kyoko and Yuka were inspecting the damage to the Brera, along with Hitomi who was enjoying a huge hangover from her adventures the previous night.

Kyoko: My word, you sure did a number on the Brera, didn’t you Hitomi? Hitomi…?
Yuka: She passed out.
Kyoko: Oh. Too much beer?
Yuka: Too much everything.
Kyoko: Haha! Of couse, why did I even ask. Well Yuka, I’d ask if you’re up for our race tomorrow, but your Brera looks pretty beat after that race.
Yuka: Nah, I can get it fixed tomorrow morning.
Kyoko: Brera parts aren’t cheap you know, Yuka.
Yuka: After that huge payout from the ERL, me and Hitomi are walking away with about 400,000 Euros. I think we can manage.
Kyoko: Bloody hell!
Yuka: We only invested 50,000 Euros into this adventure. We made it back eight-fold!
Kyoko: Wow. You two have done really well!
Yuka: Yeah! We’re splitting it down the middle of course.
Kyoko: Ah, of course. I’ll take you to my mechanic tomorrow, he can get you a good deal. Plus you’ll be able to see my MX-5! It’s actually ready for me to pick it up but I’ve been busy playing host for you two.
Yuka: Oh okay! I can’t wait to see it!
Kyoko: Me neither. It’s been too long since I last drove it.

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I stayed at the bit where Kyoko hugged Yuka and Hitomi for a while? :D

DK
Is it wrong that I stayed at the bit where Kyoko hugged Yuka and Hitomi for a while? :D

Go get medical help. NAOW.
Anyyywayyys....coolio chapter!
I wonder if the damage on the Brera counts as an autograph once she returns it. xD Also, there's a screw up near the beginning '....they were stood....'

read from Chapter 1 up to 55 in two days. I have to say, a very good read. I like the part where the Bread Van showed up. Shame, there's no Amalfi or Aria in GT5 đź‘Ž

In the parts of the story where Yuka and Hitomi get to choose a car, I was always right. I knew they would pick the C4 and Brera :D

@ VTiRoj - so, when can we expect the next chapter? I'd love to see Dave's race against Shin. I admit, green looks good on the Mustang Mach 1. also the wheels. :)

I have a question for Roj;

Did you ever expect it being over 50 chapters? (56 so far - that's incredible.)

I know when I planned my old Race Stories out, I had a set chapter number. Or is it that you don't like to cram everything in at the end?

Excellent fanfic by the way. As good as YARS is (might be a little better?)

FireEmblem10

I know when I planned my old Race Stories out, I had a set chapter number. Or is it that you don't like to cram everything in at the end?

I don't think he has a list, I think he makes them up as he races.

I wonder if Hitomi was based on Dragonthing :lol:
Nope, but they're quite alike eh? :P
read from Chapter 1 up to 55 in two days. I have to say, a very good read. I like the part where the Bread Van showed up. Shame, there's no Amalfi or Aria in GT5 đź‘Ž

In the parts of the story where Yuka and Hitomi get to choose a car, I was always right. I knew they would pick the C4 and Brera :D

@ VTiRoj - so, when can we expect the next chapter? I'd love to see Dave's race against Shin. I admit, green looks good on the Mustang Mach 1. also the wheels. :)
Yeah. I know Aria was your old stomping grounds for Red-Line so it's unfortunate that it didn't make it to GT5.

I don't know when the next chapter will be. It won't be soon though, that much I can confirm.

No, I never expected it to be over 50 chapters. I was hoping it would go into the 40's and stop, but the Euro Tour turned out to be much bigger than I first thought. I didn't plan anything at the start, I just wrote whatever came to mind. After I got the idea to do the Euro Tour, that's when I planned, but it's still nothing detailed.

Thank you!

I just spent the entire afternoon reading every chapter :lol:
It certainly is good, if I was to be really picky though, the races are somewhat predictable, have the characters lose a couple just to shake things up, nothing major to dent the plot though :)

+1

What happened, Roj?
I had planned to do a lot of 1 vs. 1 races with RJ for the story, but then his PS3 went poof so I planned to put the story on a break until everything was sorted. In the mean time I've also been trying to get a job so I've had no time to write for a long time too. Damn UK unemployment crisis. :ouch:

Anyway, I haven't forgotten about this, so don't worry everyone. :)

Back