RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

XDesperado67
Running 1:12s in traffic in the FF seasonal race. Figure no traffic I should be able to get into the 1:11 range or maybe faster if I can get a little more cornering and a little less wheelspin.:lol: Now just have to stay connected long enough to do the TT.:drool:

Hi doug I need a 458 tune.

challenge_accepted_RE_Amazing_Feats_Fails_WIns_Lolz_and_A_Contest-s325x265-158648-580.png

You're using racing hards right? Otherwise I think I have to buy some softies for the Prius. :lol:

Nah, I'm on the softs.

Last edited:
Porta555
I don't know but Roj, Your civic is absoulutly amazing! It can powerslide for crying out loud! Expect a review for tomorrow

That's how FF cars should be :D if you have to use opposite lock, it's a good 'un

Any reviews for the Superautobacs MR-S? this is my favorite car in the game but i'm reluctant to slam it to -35 all around.

Also are the gear ratios compatible with mid and high rpm turbo?

Thanks

Any reviews for the Superautobacs MR-S? this is my favorite car in the game but i'm reluctant to slam it to -35 all around.

Thanks

I can answer that. If they aren't, then you need to do a small transmission change, lucky for you, I work with that, and I have puzzled Roj and RJ with it, proving that it works. If it won't reach with the mid/high turbo, talk to me and we can fix that.

seanneedscar

Thanks

No reviews yet, it's quite a rare car to see...and as for your gears just lower the final drive a bit if you find.yourself topping out :D if not, message me and I'll set them up on mine 👍

This is my first post and was looking thru your tunes. Was very curious since you guys have more than one NSX. Which one would you guys say is the best tune for 02 NSX??

This is my first post and was looking thru your tunes. Was very curious since you guys have more than one NSX. Which one would you guys say is the best tune for 02 NSX??

Depends what you're after from the NSX. If you want max power, there's the one we called the Evolution R. It's the fastest NSX '02 we have, although it's not been tweaked for Spec 2. If you just want something that's fun to drive, then you want the one labeled 3rd Anniversary. It's really fun to drive and I'd say it's the best at being enjoyable to drive and still put down fast laps. 👍

Just managed a 1'40.6xx in the Demio at Cape Ring Periphery. It still has more to give so your Prius better watch out Roj......:sly:

First lap with softs and it did 1:38.666 and it still has more to give. :D

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Accord Type R

AccordTypeR.jpg

AccordTypeR_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda Accord Euro-R ‘02
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 276 BHP (@ 15,324.6 miles)
Torque:---- 24 kgfm
Weight:---- 1157 kg
PP:-------- 444

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.853
2nd:-- 2.037
3rd:-- 1.543
4th:-- 1.250
5th:-- 1.044
6th:-- 0.896
Final: 4.500
Max Speed: 155 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 25/0
Accel:-- 55/0
Braking: 10/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 11.5/4.5
Extension:-- 6/9
Compression: 4/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/4
Camber:----- 2.2/1.8
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
What happens when Honda stop making Accord Type R's? We make our own. This is our Accord Type R based on the '02 Euro-R. With 276bhp, as little weight as possible and a sorted chassis, this Accord will take your kids to school and your wife shopping during the week and then kill sports cars on the weekend.

Last edited:
The great thing about having a tuning garage, is that if you accidentally double post, you can make it look like you're reserving posts. :dopey:

Just managed a 1'40.6xx in the Demio at Cape Ring Periphery. It still has more to give so your Prius better watch out Roj......:sly:
Harvey Wallbanger just clocked a 1:40.011 with his Pocket Monster using High RPM Turbo and automatic transmission.

A real driver using a manual transmission should be able to do significantly better. If they can make use of the extra power from the Mid RPM Turbo times could start getting really fast!:D

So I decided to review the Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00 myself.

I set this up for online racing at Spa Francorchamp so I've equipped racing softs, set the final drive to 3.750 (top speed is now 177) and equipped the High rpm turbo (PP is now 560)

All I can say is WOW!! The 2nd lap I set was a good .7 faster than my previous best time. For reference, I was using Trivial Tune's ( https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5094745#post5094745 )

The first thing I noticed, was going up Eau Rouge, I have to cut left much less than I did before. Basically Eau Rouge is easier than ever. My car pushes less, I used to roast my front tires. I understeer less at Pouhon. And as for oversteer, WHAT OVERSTEER? Even with 382 HP I couldnt get the rear tires to come out (And believe me I tried)

The top speed is a bit higher, I assume that to be because of the -35 ride height (which I was reluctant about at first, but its certainly no detriment)

The gear ratio's are perfect, the car just feels amazing.

My old online top laptime was 2:20.3xx, my 2nd lap out I ran a 2:19.6xx

Good work boys

Hi RoJ,

I have a question about the S13 speed star, as i tested it just yesterday. It feels so different from spec 1 ONLINE. I play online all the time and all your setups works great even tough u say u test ur works on offline environment.

The car heavily understeers entering corners, and fishtailing during exit acceleration. Whereas before spec 2 came out, it is a very well balanced car, I loved it. This is online.

I never expect online and offline to be this much different before. But after I tested it, it was very uncompetitive.

Can u kindly clarify this?

Thanks for your time RoJ, I appreciate it

Cheers

Last edited:
Nothing for the 458???
Just take either the 458F or the 458 Indy tune from the archives and mash them together to your likings. Simples.

Edit:
That's how FF cars should be :D if you have to use opposite lock, it's a good 'un

Oh? So……I've got a Mitsubishi Eclipse, I've tuned it (big no-no already), it only has 450~PP, it's as ricy as the car in the F&F movies and has a MAHOOSIVE turbo with equally MAHOOSIVE turbo lag. But, it gets sideways enough for you to start considering using some opposite lock, so it can be considered as a good car?

And if it is, I think I've got the recipe for a good car sorted. Big slides, a lot of smoke, and a lot of power to keep it slideways. Just like a Ruf BTR! :D

Last edited:
On the RKM ATR (Accord Type-R):
Yay! My steed's been tuned at last! :D Too bad Honda discontinued the Accord Type R. However, good news for us is RKM was more than willing to pick up the slack and churned out a masterfully built ATR.

-Steering feel is light and feedback is communicative. The front tires will let you know if the ATR is nearing the limits of adhesion.
-Front end is firmly planted on flat tracks. Curbs do not upset the ride though dips on the track compresses the suspension which jars the ATR a bit and loses some revs. Pick those racing lines well!
-Body roll and forward/backward movements are minimal. Tire loading shows the front suspension working all the time, as the rear suspension comes into play while cornering or soaking up bumps.
-LSD allows for a high degree of slippage of the front wheels resulting in fast cornering speeds in high-speed transitions (i.e. R246, Monza) whilst retaining traction.
-Even without a rear wing, the car can hug tight racing lines and maintain grip. I was surprised that the ATR lapped R246 faster than my RKM S2000(!), even if the latter had more power. If GT Auto had a low-rising and fashionable rear wing for this car, I'd add one - then the handling will have become sweeter. Nonetheless, the car is capable as-is.
-The ATR is not prone to trail-braking understeer, unless braking was started far too late and deep into the corner.
-Gear ratios kept revs in all gears inside VTEC range, resulting in brisk acceleration. Upshifts are always past 6,000 rpm. I kept my car's piping stock (power is down to 272 bhp) and yet it sounds great. The car always in higher revs makes it sound like there's a forced induction unit under the hood (noticeable in bumper cam).
-Rear brake bias helped the ATR into turn-ins. However, I retained the standard brake balance to maintain the FF feel of the ATR, and not an FR-wannabe.
-Nothing could upset this car except real bad driving.

Overall, the ATR is the dark horse in Honda's Type R stable. Overshadowed by the Type R variants of the NSX, Civic, and Integra, by no means is the Accord a slouch. As I mentioned earlier in the post, it can post faster times than a conservatively tuned S2000 - this alone is a testament to what the RKM ATR is capable of. I guess that is the appeal of the ATR - a dark horse. Overlooked and underrated, but is a bruiser of an FF car. No carbon-fiber trim, no park benches, no side skirts or rear diffuser, the ATR is all-motor and excellent chassis dynamics working hand-in-hand to bring out stereotype-breaking performance.

RKM has itself a real gem of a sleeper in the ATR. Personally, I feel it's a better car than RJ's Atenza. :D

Roj, will the settings for the Emperor's guard be transferable to the lowly peon, pre-Spec 2 RKM Evo X or are the 2 distinct from each other? :)

seanneedscar
So I decided to review the Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00 myself.

I set this up for online racing at Spa Francorchamp so I've equipped racing softs, set the final drive to 3.750 (top speed is now 177) and equipped the High rpm turbo (PP is now 560)

All I can say is WOW!! The 2nd lap I set was a good .7 faster than my previous best time. For reference, I was using Trivial Tune's ( https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5094745#post5094745 )

The first thing I noticed, was going up Eau Rouge, I have to cut left much less than I did before. Basically Eau Rouge is easier than ever. My car pushes less, I used to roast my front tires. I understeer less at Pouhon. And as for oversteer, WHAT OVERSTEER? Even with 382 HP I couldnt get the rear tires to come out (And believe me I tried)

The top speed is a bit higher, I assume that to be because of the -35 ride height (which I was reluctant about at first, but its certainly no detriment)

The gear ratio's are perfect, the car just feels amazing.

My old online top laptime was 2:20.3xx, my 2nd lap out I ran a 2:19.6xx

Good work girls

Hooray, another good review :D I'm happy to hear you liked it as much as I do...and glad to see that adjusting my final drive had the right effect too :lol:

Oh, and I fixed that last line for you ;)

Back