RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

………

Y I SO RETARD TO SELL HPA GOLF?!?!?!?!?

fuuuu_by_ku127-png.jpg

Do You Need One?

I Can Give Mine For Free ;)

In price, yes. In bang for your buck, nope! Who plays Crysis on full settings with a Mac? Who? :P
Currently, the Demio's fastest time is a 1'39.xxx and it would've been faster if I hadn't made a mistake.....
Well stop making mistakes or my Prius isn't even going to get to do a 2nd lap of Cape Ring. :lol:
450-500pp FF road cars around trial mountain. So, the first thing i did was come to RKM and select a potential weapon of choice :sly: wont they dont know wont hurt....
We do test around Trial Mountain so yeah, good choice. :D:tup:

The Spoon FD2 is gaining fans as fast as the NSX-R originally did. :lol:

In price, yes. In bang for your buck, nope! Who plays Crysis on full settings with a Mac? Who? :P

Well stop making mistakes or my Prius isn't even going to get to do a 2nd lap of Cape Ring. :lol:

We do test around Trial Mountain so yeah, good choice. :D:tup:

The Spoon FD2 is gaining fans as fast as the NSX-R originally did. :lol:

I DO! :lol: Nope, I don't. I don't even know what's so bad about it.

Oh if the Mazda2 fails, I'm willing to provide a fairly potent backup car. :D

It does? I've got to try it then. But I hate the FD2 to begin with, so that maybe an issue.

In lieu of a review, I though I'd post a "quick" video of me taking a leisurely cruise around the Nordschleife. This is my first lap driving the car, so it's warts n all. You can see me wiggling at the start to feel the car out, I miss a few apexes and am generally cautious almost all the way to the end. And yes, I popped out of the carousel, but I kept it off the barrier. Watch out for the big yump going into the long right-hander after the mini-carousel :sly:

Sorry about the quality, new camera and using my Wife's netbook. Something got lost in the transaltion from camera to laptop to internetz :ouch:

{Cy}

PS - 7:50.summat laptime, will go much faster...

As soon as Roj is done with things I shall get my two V8 tunes up and away, and I have two tunes planned...I've been playing with a 750bhp SLR on RHs to go with my MP4, and I would like to have a similar powered Viper tune. But which Viper? :sly:

As soon as Roj is done with things I shall get my two V8 tunes up and away, and I have two tunes planned...I've been playing with a 750bhp SLR on RHs to go with my MP4, and I would like to have a similar powered Viper tune. But which Viper? :sly:

Tune the Coupe, the ACR is overrated. :D

RKM Motorsport's Isuzu 4200RS

4200RS.jpg

4200RS_Big.jpg

Based on: Isuzu 4200R Concept '89
Obtained: Brand New Model from Isuzu

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 452 BHP (@ 94.8 miles)
Torque:---- 57.9 kgfm
Weight:---- 1250 kg
PP:-------- 531

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/0

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/8
Accel:-- 0/16
Braking: 0/8

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -15/-20
Spring Rate: 5.5/10.0
Extension:-- 7/6
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll:-- 4/4
Camber:----- 1.5/1.0
Toe:-------- -0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/5

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
It's back in black, with a shiny S on the name too...hey look, I'm a naming genius! It's my good old 4200R, on squishy sports tyres this time. With a nice rumbly V8 and plenty of torque, this mad concept will propel you and it's fax machine to insane speeds, all while sliding sideways :D

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport's Corvette Supercharger

CorvetteC3.jpg

CorvetteC3_Big.jpg

Based on: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
Obtained: Brand New Model from Chevrolet

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 567 BHP (@ 33.3 miles)
Torque:---- 93 kgfm
Weight:---- 1257 kg
PP:-------- 576

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Front Aero A
Spoiler A
Burgundy Metallic Paint

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Fibre Hood (Body Colour)
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.322
2nd:-- 1.499
3rd:-- 1.100
4th:-- 0.900
5th:-- 0.760
Final: 3.500
Max Speed: 224 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/5
Accel:-- 0/10
Braking: 0/15

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 8.0/4.5
Extension:-- 6/5
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll:-- 6/1
Camber:----- 1.5/1.0
Toe:-------- -0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 2/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Another V8 this time, classic American muscle this time though...supercharged and tweaked to a massive 570bhp, this fancy classic will easily hit ridiculous speeds and actually goes round corners rather well...just be careful with the tyres!

Last edited:
But I hate the FD2 to begin with, so that maybe an issue.
How can you like the DC2 but hate the FD2? :dunce:
In lieu of a review, I though I'd post a "quick" video of me taking a leisurely cruise around the Nordschleife. This is my first lap driving the car, so it's warts n all. You can see me wiggling at the start to feel the car out, I miss a few apexes and am generally cautious almost all the way to the end. And yes, I popped out of the carousel, but I kept it off the barrier. Watch out for the big yump going into the long right-hander after the mini-carousel :sly:

Sorry about the quality, new camera and using my Wife's netbook. Something got lost in the transaltion from camera to laptop to internetz :ouch:

{Cy}

PS - 7:50.summat laptime, will go much faster...
Very neat lap in the ATR! :D Shame you didn't put the HUD on for that nice high speed blast at the end. :P

Which Viper shall I taaaaaaaaaaaaaake?

rebecca-black-20110322-622645.jpg

How can you like the DC2 but hate the FD2? :dunce:

I hate the FD2 because RACECAR. Wait…no…that didn't work, did it? :lol: Nah, I just hate it because the ones I see online are all driven by brainless arses, said Civics all look like ricers and are beaten by a small stone on the road. That and the fact that a 400hp Civic is just a tad stupid a prospect for me.

Onboy123
I hate the FD2 because RACECAR. Wait…no…that didn't work, did it? :lol: Nah, I just hate it because the ones I see online are all driven by brainless arses, said Civics all look like ricers and are beaten by a small stone on the road. That and the fact that a 400hp Civic is just a tad stupid a prospect for me.

Everyone online seems to be a tad bit 'tarded with their cars...

And has nobody spotted the two V8 tunes I posted up? :P

jackie-chan-meme.png

Very neat lap in the ATR! :D Shame you didn't put the HUD on for that nice high speed blast at the end. :P

Thank you, think I'll put a few more of these up, once I figure out how to properly convert the 1.8GB files down to something a little more manageable. My Wife's netbook probably isn't the thing to be doing it on, but whilst I'm dialled in from home, I can't access a lot of websites (inc YouTube) on my work laptop. Not even sure I've got anything on it that will convert better than Win Movie Maker.

Better attempt at converting and HUD next time, so people can see speeds and how hard the pedals are being worked.

For the record, the car is very nice. You'll be able to tell from the vid where I'm properly on it and not lifting at all. You'll also be able to tell where I've been a bit gentle with it. My car isn't built exactly to your specs, as of the three cars I have, only one hasn't had any engine tuning done. I'm keeping that one stock for now. For anyone else that's wondering, you'll get this around most tracks quickly enough. Don't increase power too much above the listed spec, or it'll really start to suffer in the corners. The car I used originally had 340+bhp and I had to drive like Miss Daisy through the corners. Don't be tempted by the Evil Power Monster :)👍

{Cy}

I love how the title "No Replacement for Displacement" refers to a Chevy 327 small block, and a Lotus-developed 4.2 :sly:

Last edited:
I love how the title "No Replacement for Displacement" refers to a Chevy 327 small block, and a Lotus-developed 4.2 :sly:

4.2 > 2.0 though, right? :lol: Although I have a sweet spot for a certain 3.2 and it's screaming soundtrack. :D

Tweaked for Spec 2 with some extra FIGHT and KILL in the ECU programming.

Love the Isuzu 4200R Concept '89 tune, so much fun to toss around and love when you can get a nice long drift through a turn. Not tire friendly... but who cares XD

ryangt
Love the Isuzu 4200R Concept '89 tune, so much fun to toss around and love when you can get a nice long drift through a turn. Not tire friendly... but who cares XD

Good stuff! That's what it is meant to do so it's a relief to see it does it well...

The M3 CSL actually got even faster in Spec 2 without a single tweak. So no tweaks here, although the complaints regarding the brakes have been fixed so yeah, the Audi-killer is back. :D

interesting. I just noticed that the M3 CSL has been updated today and it looks like the suspension and the diff did not change. Only the braking bias changed from 5/6 to 6/7.

I'm far from a tuning expert but I have been driving the M3 CSL with the RKM tune for a long time. It seems like in order for the car to feel the same as Spec 1 I had to set the rear toe to be +0.02.

For spec 2: The car also seems to be more prone to bump upsets at maximum lateral acceleration causing it to snap over steer and if you don't correct it quickly the car will pendulum out of control and put you into the wall or guard rail...

Mind you I have it tuned as my 500PP car and only went with stage 1 weight reduc, no engine mods, slight power limiting to 500PP and stock ratios on the 6spd full customizable transmission, sport soft tires and all the drivetrain upgrades.

Back