Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you SO MUCH for the tuning advice, they'll help hugely.

Just so you don't say that everyone is afraid of your newest creation I went out to test the Lutecia RS. Having been one of my favourite FFs in a lower state of tune (and with the stock setup), I was quite intrigued to see what it would do suitably modified.

The car being French, I took it to Le Mans first, with the components and the gearbox ratios according to your spec but with the other settings stock, so as to have a base for comparison.

Even in stock, the car is far from shabby. The gearbox is not set for the Mulsanne, running into the limiter at just over 240kmh but has very well sorted ratios for the speed range where the majority of the action will take place. Transitions are right back into the meat of the powerband.

Understeer is controlled relatively well even stock but the section around the Porsche Esses was not really the most comfortable, nor did I find an optimal line through the Ford Chicanes.

Applying your settings does not completely transform the car on the circuit but the improvements are noticeable. The front end is a tad sharper on turn-in and the rear comes into play during heavy braking - not in a nervous sense, it just lightens up enough to enable one to alter the line somewhat. The Esses were much more assured here and it flew through the final chicanes, cutting down the lap time by 4.5 seconds - quite a bit with the same power and same gearbox ratios. 👍

I subsequently took the car to Deep Forrest and GVS, too. Some further impressions are that one can really get the back to play at low speeds (when changing direction, for instance), making it a fun little device. Any remaining understeer is slight (especially given the power going through the front wheels), and mashing the throttle is more likely to tighten the line than to have the front wash out. The only issue is that if you are turning in at speed, too much lock results in a scrubbing off of speed - the engine seeminly not being strong enough to compensate for the braking effect of the car's understeer. Having said that, I still think it is commendable how well the issue is contained for a powerful FF.

The car is also not unduly upset by kerbs or bumps (not tried it on the Nordschleiffe, though). As previously, managed to get to within 3 secs of your posted time at GVS during the first race and would have finished a comfortable second, if the Ford GT did not push me off track on Lap 4. Oh well, still quite good fun to be able to hold the Ford and a GT-R behind for most of a 5 lap race :)

In the end a very effective and fun little car, with an uncanny turn of speed to boot 👍

(PS do not know if it is the mileage but am still 10 bhp away from your stated power, so there should be more to come) :)

Good to hear that my little pocket rocket served you well in a tight battle against those monsters! :D I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, I was bit disappointed by this car in GT4.. But the new generation of the game seems to have saved quite a many cars. As for the power being down 10bhp, that could very well be due to mileage.

Good to hear that my little pocket rocket served you well in a tight battle against those monsters! :D I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, I was bit disappointed by this car in GT4.. But the new generation of the game seems to have saved quite a many cars. As for the power being down 10bhp, that could very well be due to mileage.

It is apparently quite a feisty little thing in real life, too - have considered one as a second car for a while (never really panned out). As for mileage, got it with 30k or so and had an engine rebuild and oil refresh after each race. I know power starts falling permanently after a specific mileage but is it that low? :nervous:

It is apparently quite a feisty little thing in real life, too - have considered one as a second car for a while (never really panned out). As for mileage, got it with 30k or so and had an engine rebuild and oil refresh after each race. I know power starts falling permanently after a specific mileage but is it that low? :nervous:
Believe you start getting permanent power loss around 13,000 kilometers.:drool:

13.000 miles is more like it, it translates to around 20.000 kilometres which seems to hold true from my experience.
There may be some variation in cars. I say this because I've seen some of my cars suffering permanent power loss well short of 13,000 miles. Either way it's something that PD has stuck us with way to early in a cars life cycle and that should have been correctable with the engine rebuild.

I've been replacing all cars in my garage with low mileage ones as I find them so I don't have to deal with the issue when tuning. Rather annoying to re-visit one of my earlier tunes and find that because the car I used for it had 20 or 30 thousand miles on it the figures for HP, Torque and PP are all wrong.

It seems we've been on vacation for long enough and finally found some motivation to get going again. Next you'll see two seriously fast machines, one of them being red but not what you usually see in red, and the other one orange but not what you usually see in orange... in fact silver might be more appropriate for both of them on many levels.

Pagani Zonda CRS'02

852 bhp, 1029 Nm, 1240 kg, PP 633
Painted in Feueropal from Mercedes Benz

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

Overall cost:A lot and then some.

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.422
2nd: 2.328
3rd: 1.709
4th: 1.318
5th: 1.068
6th: 0.830
Final Gear: 3.130

Max speed: 340 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 40
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / -10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 8.0 / 8.5
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.25 / 0.15

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 3 / 4

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

There's a small but noticeable difference between supercars and hypercars. Supercar makes you look like a hero even when you're just commuting from point A to point B, while hypercar NEEDS that hero to stay on the road. Also, 800bhp+ supercar is easy to drive with sports softs, whereas hypercar with equal amount of power DEMANDS racing slicks and still will do a playful burnout through couple first gears and powerlide in the corners with gear or two above those. You will know almost instantly if you just look like a hero or if you actually are a hero when you drive your first meters in this car. In any case, you'd better have a lot of money in your pocket as buying and fixing this thing makes insurance companies fall into the murky realms of despair.

Volkswagen Nardo R60 '01

767 bhp, 786 Nm, 1290 kg, PP 636
Painted in the orange colour it came in

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable LSD
Racing Soft Tyres

Overall cost: A million and a half Cr. won't cut it

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 15 / 30

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.653
2nd: 2.420
3rd: 1.800
4th: 1.450
5th: 1.200
6th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.000

Max speed: 390 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 9.0 / 9.5
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 7
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.10 / -0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 4 / 7

Driving Options

One of the best concepts that never made it into production, the VW Nardo was a seriously fast supercar - actually the fastest in the world in its time when pure speed is considered.

And, as we've seen before, such achievements don't mean it can't be improved. With another 150+ bhp from the twin turbo W12 and some plexiglass to replace the original windows its power to weight ratio goes up while the lap times go down. The drivetrain was left alone with the exception of the gearbox that was strengthened and the differential that was fine tuned for more manoeuvrability in the twisties. The brakes and suspension parts were based on the ones of the VAG group's brightest star back then, the Audi R8 endurance racer, and slick tyres ensure that there's no shortage of grip under even the most gruelling driving. The result is a package that doesn't even break a sweat while blowing past 200 mph and when it meets a corner the one reaching the limits is the driver, not the car.

Disclaimer: the car in the pictures may differ from the retail version

Thank you for some new tunes to try. On your home page you have a section , original trade names. i find this section very useful. Leads me to this question, the Zonda is it the
C12S 00 or C12S 7.3 02 ?

That list is still to be updated to reflect the latest changes but as the year model '02 implies, it's the 7.3 litre version.

I've been slacking off lately. Your two newest creations look to be quite a lethal combination. I'll build these two up and get back to you with a review....If I survive!

...and now I go broke with a couple high-priced racers to set up MFT style. :) I can't wait to check 'em out, once they show in the UCD.

Good to see that our new cars have sparked interest :D

I still haven't built all of your old cars yet... between you, RKM, and Praiano, I just can't keep up, but I'll keep trying :) Your '94 Skyline is still one of my favorite tunes from the forums... a truely sweet car at 480 PP in online races, and the '06 Ford GT has WAY better handling than a 840 HP supercar on Sports Softs should be entitled to.

I still haven't built all of your old cars yet... between you, RKM, and Praiano, I just can't keep up, but I'll keep trying :) Your '94 Skyline is still one of my favorite tunes from the forums... a truely sweet car at 480 PP in online races, and the '06 Ford GT has WAY better handling than a 840 HP supercar on Sports Softs should be entitled to.
You should sign up as a test driver for some of the F.I.T.T. events such as the current Fall Roadster Battle. It would give you a chance to try an even larger variety of tuners.:D

You should sign up as a test driver for some of the F.I.T.T. events such as the current Fall Roadster Battle. It would give you a chance to try an even larger variety of tuners.:D

Not to highjack the MFT thread, but I have thought about it, just my availability is hit-or-miss so it's hard to stick to schedules and deadlines. I'm sitting at about 480 tuned non-race cars right now, about 80% of those are from GTPlanet, the other 20% are mine (which would be the slower 20%)

Yeah, he's not the first one you'd expect to see sideways for promotional purposes.. :lol:

TVR Tuscan S.6B '00

460+ bhp, 500+ Nm, 885 kg, PP 595
Painted in Green Pearlscent from TVR

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Rays Volk Racing CE28N, finished in their original gold shade
Racing Modification
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: ~300.000 Cr

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 35 / 60

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.868
2nd: 1.919
3rd: 1.475
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.250

Max speed: 290 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.0 / 6.0
Dampers (Extension): 5 / 5
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.10 / -0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 4 / 6

Driving Options

TVRs aren't exactly known for their great drivability and the Tuscan in particular suffers from unbelievably high understeer despite pretending to be equipped with a 50/50 weight distribution. Oh well, nothing that less weight and more aerodynamics can't fix so back to the business I went and this is what came out. The Speed Six never was a lifeless engine to begin with but some improvements have been made to raise the output on a suitable level considering the newly found handling which again is a product of the previously mentioned changes accompanied by a racing spec suspension. Gone (for the most part) is the understeer and the lightweight car zooms between corners far faster than you'd expect from the engine specs. The magic of lightness has struck again.

The name comes from the legendary Supermarine floatplane that once held the world speed record and in a way evolved to what I consider to be the ultimate British design of all time. And just like things were 80 years ago, the opponent is painted bright red and doesn't stand a chance in a direct race...

Honda NSX GT2'91

393 bhp, 391 Nm, 1045 kg, PP 548
Painted in New Formula Red from Amuse

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Original RM, finished in Berlina Black from Honda
Racing Modification
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost:~200k

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 35 / 60

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.830
2nd: 1.884
3rd: 1.401
4th: 1.089
5th: 0.875
Final Gear: 4.100

Max speed: 300 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -15 / -15
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.0 / 7.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 2
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.35 / -0.10

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 10

Driving Options

To some of you this car might look vaguely familiar, as if you had seen it before somewhere, but not in such a high definition. And you'd be right, as this is as close representation of the legendary NSX LM from Gran Turismo 1 as it just can be. Its been tuned to point where you can drive it at 99% of its abilities on sports tyres, but should you want more, then you'd better be ready as this car bites as soon as you attempt to extract that one last missing ounce of performance. Other than that slightly vicious trait, its rather docile and willing beast of burden, and a perfect stepping stone to those who are heading towards the glorious GT500 NSX.

Last edited:
Please do. That's why we're making these beauties, that people would try them out and let others know how they are to drive. 👍

Please do. That's why we're making these beauties, that people would try them out and let others know how they are to drive. 👍

Just build it now and added the settings. Mine car specs are 413BHP and 554pp, I've added all the parts so I think you may have made a typo error.👍

Going to test shortly and will be back with some feedback.

Edit:
Gave it a go at Deep Forest and managed a time of 1:17.698, which is fast in my books. Nearly 4 seconds quicker than the AEM S2000 which had the previous record. All in all I think its a good setup, it took me a couple laps to get used to but I got it in the end. 👍 5/5

Last edited:
413bhp? But my car is driven in and should have all the parts.. :odd: I'll check it once I get the endurance done.

Hey guys would like to invite you to come join in my Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun" Gran Turismo Year End Blowout. Should be a great event and would love to see you represent there!👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back