RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Seeing as PSN can't even stick to the most basic of schedules, eg. Maintenance until 2am should mean 2am, not letting us sign it at 1:30am and not bothering to actually finish what they were supposed to...

its not as bad as KFC...they put chicken jibblets and bones in the gravy :/ BIG MAC ALL THE WAY! and sapphire whats that special sauce on the Big Mac's its gorgeous!

GT350GT
its not as bad as KFC...they put chicken jibblets and bones in the gravy :/ BIG MAC ALL THE WAY! and sapphire whats that special sauce on the Big Mac's its gorgeous!

It's called Mac sauce ;) I cannot remember exactly what it is supposed to be. I know Tasty sauce is a sweet mustard sauce though, because I looooove it :D

Rather than start a thread I thought i'd just ask in here as I use most of your tunes anyway,

Is there a right or wrong way in which parts you tune a car?

I'm guessing you would get the power you want then work on the rest but i'm not 100% sure.....

Engine/Transmission
Weight
Ride height
Springs
Dampers
Tire angle
LSD

lots of things to change but does the order in which you do it really matter??? :/

Last edited:
priesty_lfc
Rather than start a thread I thought i'd just ask in here as I use most of your tunes anyway,

Is there a right or wrong way in which parts you tune a car?

I'm guessing you would get the power you went then work on the rest but i'm not 100% sure.....

Engine/Transmission
Weight
Ride height
Springs
Dampers
Tire angle
LSD

lots of things to change but does the order in which you do it really matter??? :/

I think the only order that matters is the gearbox, most of the time the setup depends on you having set the top speed or final drive settings before the ratios

Everything else is tackled when it needs to be, so if you change suspension and the LSD is wrong, you fix that...

Dragonthing
Almost as good as my R34 Touring Car! will have to get the others up soon, probably tomorrow night after work

Ahahahahaha :D i can't wait until wednesday! It's when i'll go home and your tunes should be up already right? ;) i'll try to review them ;)

Dragonthing

Ahahahahaha :D i can't wait until wednesday! It's when i'll go home and your tunes should be up already right? ;) i'll try to review them ;)

Yep, should be up by tonight, if I am not super lazy :sly: not sure whether I shall upload the R32 as a WIP tune yet, still not really happy with it...the R35 is just as mind-numbingly fast and boring as it always has been :sly: I'm actually imprezzed by the Impreza :dopey: despite it's lack of power, so that will be up, although I don't think it's driving style will be to everyone's tastes. Same with the R34, it is not really the same as the Black Edition, because my own R34 road car is a modified tune too...we shall see! All will be revealed tonight, hopefully 👍👍

GT-R Spec V REVIEW
Conditions: DS2 controller, steering sensitivity 0, v2.00, offline, grip reduction real, tyre/fuel off, Eiger short track

Parts Only (default settings)
Hippy power!!! Erm, no. Perhaps the stifling understeer is Toyota's way of telling you to slow down and stop killing the planet?! Not to mention the psychodelic red bar thingy, I'm not sure what it does but I'm guessing it's nothing to do with going around a racetrack in the shortest time possible.

Corner entry is just a mess: massive understeer while braking and then the chassis takes ages to settle in the transition from braking to turning. Post-apex is a better story, where it actually maintains decent front grip. Not having any power to trouble the front wheels helps with this, likewise traction is excellent (*cough* at transmitting the fury of a lawnmower engine hooked up to a couple of AA batteries).

As for the gearbox, the CVT makes it very hard to judge entry speed especially with the torque convertor frequently unloading. And then it all goes eerily quiet mid-corner at low revs. The right hand sweeper before the tunnel is a symphony of rapidly fluctuating revs and tortured front tyres crying "understeer".

Lap time 1:22.6

RKM Tune
Great work on the front suspension, it settles much quicker into a corner so entry understeer isn't as pronounced. A Prius trait is that the car is much better balanced once you're back on the throttle, and this tune lets you get to this stage quicker. This was especially noticeable at the start of the RH sweeper, where big gains were made with the RKM tune.

The previous gripes with the gearbox and lack of horsepower remain- unfortunately there's nothing RKM can do about that. However, the better steering response also makes it more pleasant to drive.

Lap time 1:21.5

As a racecar (which the Prius isn't) there are some fundamental flaws, but well done to RKM for making it suck much less!

GT-R Spec V REVIEW

As a racecar (which the Prius isn't) there are some fundamental flaws, but well done to RKM for making it suck much less!

Thanks for the review! :D:tup: I'm not sure if I should blame Toyota or PD for how awful it is with default settings, but that just makes tuning it far more effective and as you've demonstrated, can knock over a second off default laptimes.

VTiRoj
Thanks for the review! :D:tup: I'm not sure if I should blame Toyota or PD for how awful it is with default settings, but that just makes tuning it far more effective and as you've demonstrated, can knock over a second off default laptimes.

I think we can definitely blame PD, since they are respolsible for stuff like the R35's hopelessly unrealistic hax :sly:

RKM Motorsport's Skyline GT-R R34 Touring Car

R34TC.jpg

R34TC_Big.jpg

Based on: Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 TC
Obtained: DLC

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 795 BHP (@ 32.6 miles)
Torque:---- 78.2 kgfm
Weight:---- 1130 kg
PP:-------- 668

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Midnight Purple III Paint

Tuning Shop
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbocharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Center Differential
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 35/60

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

Set Max Speed, then individual ratios.
1st:-- 3.257
2nd:-- 2.146
3rd:-- 1.543
4th:-- 1.200
5th:-- 1.000
6th:-- 0.850
Final: 3.500
Max Speed: 249 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 7/8
Accel:-- 32/35
Braking: 12/14
Torque Distribution: 25/75

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 9.0/12.5
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll:-- 1/3
Camber:----- 2.5/1.5
Toe:-------- -0.10/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 4/10

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Once upon a time, I took delivery of an RKM Skyline R34 Black Edition, and something started...after molesting the R34 into my own 800bhp beast, complete with Midnight Purple III paint, I was finally happy. Then this happened.

Here is PD's race-ready answer to cars like my R34...with more power and some heavy aerodynamic tweaks, here is a Skyline that puts GT500 and DTM cars to shame with it's power and road holding. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do :D

I think we can definitely blame PD, since they are respolsible for stuff like the R35's hopelessly unrealistic hax :sly:

It's not hax, it's a way to milk money from R35 fanboys. I just hope the money goes towards actual new cars and not more variants of the R35.

Hmmmmm

Thought #69 was Roj's number!? ;)

Anyway, will look to try this out as not actually driven the R34 TC yet!

:)
It's an overused number to begin with, but hey, who doesn't like 69? ;)

RKM Motorsport’s NISMO 300ZX R-Tune

NISMO300ZXR-Tune.jpg

NISMO300ZXR-Tune_Big.jpg

Based on: 1989 Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT Two-seater
Obtained: New Car Dealer

First of all, I'd like to thank you guys/gal for doing the great job here with your garage. I have read most of the thread and tried several tunes so far, I won't spend words much yet, but they have been great.

That said, this car is one of my favorites and as much as I hate to admit it, it is a strange tune. Probably due to Spec 2.0 update, but car feels harder to control than with default tune settings. Default had low speed corner oversteer and was generally unstable but it was still mostly useful when I needed to set the car for the corner exit, while with your tune I can set it in the corner by braking and .. I don't know, it is just somewhat hard to adjust to it and looking by the times, it lacks consistency. I can't even run faster lap than the default setup, and I'm mostly second or two behind the ghost.
I'm using DS2 so that might also be a part of it. Anyway, hope you will visit it soon for a checkup.

btw is there any specific reason you haven't installed sports catalytic converter?

was just about to say, "were are the new tunes at?" but i see the R34 TC (I have no DLC though :( ) and the fairlady tune (been waiting for one of these :D)

Is Kyle no longer tuning :( (and i'm extremely sorry for asking this) is the r400 rx7 the one i fell in love with when i first found out about you guys (and gal now). It just doesn't seem the same.

The IKEA mobile (not sure if you have updated that tune since spec 2.0) It really feels like a bus round corners now (too much body roll i think, but i don't know anything about tuning) I'm pretty sure it didn't used to.

I heard the physics online differ to that of the offline. is this also true for 2player split screen in arcade? why are they different?

First of all, I'd like to thank you guys/gal for doing the great job here with your garage. I have read most of the thread and tried several tunes so far, I won't spend words much yet, but they have been great.

That said, this car is one of my favorites and as much as I hate to admit it, it is a strange tune. Probably due to Spec 2.0 update, but car feels harder to control than with default tune settings. Default had low speed corner oversteer and was generally unstable but it was still mostly useful when I needed to set the car for the corner exit, while with your tune I can set it in the corner by braking and .. I don't know, it is just somewhat hard to adjust to it and looking by the times, it lacks consistency. I can't even run faster lap than the default setup, and I'm mostly second or two behind the ghost.
I'm using DS2 so that might also be a part of it. Anyway, hope you will visit it soon for a checkup.

btw is there any specific reason you haven't installed sports catalytic converter?
Thank you!

It's most likely the Spec 2 update, yes. The car hasn't been revisited yet.

The car isn't supposed to be fully tuned, so some power options weren't used.
was just about to say, "were are the new tunes at?" but i see the R34 TC (I have no DLC though :( ) and the fairlady tune (been waiting for one of these :D)

Is Kyle no longer tuning :( (and i'm extremely sorry for asking this) is the r400 rx7 the one i fell in love with when i first found out about you guys (and gal now). It just doesn't seem the same.

The IKEA mobile (not sure if you have updated that tune since spec 2.0) It really feels like a bus round corners now (too much body roll i think, but i don't know anything about tuning) I'm pretty sure it didn't used to.

I heard the physics online differ to that of the offline. is this also true for 2player split screen in arcade? why are they different?
I can't speak for RJ but I'm certainly feeling the effects of playing GT5 for a year now and co-running RKM for 11 months. I've practically stopped tuning now and I'm rarely on GT5 itself anymore. The motivation has fizzled away now I think, which only a nice long break can cure.

The RS6 hasn't been updated for Spec 2.

Thank you!

It's most likely the Spec 2 update, yes. The car hasn't been revisited yet.

The car isn't supposed to be fully tuned, so some power options weren't used.

I can't speak for RJ but I'm certainly feeling the effects of playing GT5 for a year now and co-running RKM for 11 months. I've practically stopped tuning now and I'm rarely on GT5 itself anymore. The motivation has fizzled away now I think, which only a nice long break can cure.

The RS6 hasn't been updated for Spec 2.

:scared: NO! Don't say that. there are still like at least 700 cars you haven't tuned yet im sure at least ten of those wont be yet another version of the R35 lol (whats with that anyway? i think kaz must have wet dreams about it)

you say your rarely on GT5 anymore.... please dont let that be because you have an xbox and forza 4 :ouch: that would be too much to take.

:scared: NO! Don't say that. there are still like at least 700 cars you haven't tuned yet im sure at least ten of those wont be yet another version of the R35 lol (whats with that anyway? i think kaz must have wet dreams about it)

you say your rarely on GT5 anymore.... please dont let that be because you have an xbox and forza 4 :ouch: that would be too much to take.

Like I said I'll probably return to tuning after the motivation comes back. Maybe when the next DLC packs roll out. 💡

It's true I have an Xbox, but I only have Forza 3. :P I'd rather build a gaming PC and play some of these great games I'm missing out on, than get conned by Microsoft and Turn 10, so no I'm not ditching GT5 for Forza 4. Actually I'm satisfying my need for chaos by playing Saints Row: The Third. :dopey:

Back