RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Ok so I was setting your transmission setup on my 86GT and if I set top speed to 180 the lowest I could set 1st is 2.910 but you have it at 2.823. If I set it at 193 top speed than I could get it down to 2.823 so I'm just checking is it 193 or 180?? Either way I set mine at 193. Thank for the tune

Ok so I was setting your transmission setup on my 86GT and if I set top speed to 180 the lowest I could set 1st is 2.910 but you have it at 2.823. If I set it at 193 top speed than I could get it down to 2.823 so I'm just checking is it 193 or 180?? Either way I set mine at 193. Thank for the tune

It's probably 180, but you've got a racing exhaust instead of semi-racing.

Engine tuning, exhaust, cat, and ECU all raise the rev limiter and, as a result, change the ratios available at a given top speed setting.

XDesperado67
Just start a secondary account.:D

Let's you have the joy of starting over while not having to rebuild your entire garage of cars. Plus can help you build a secondary revenue stream.👍👍

I already have a secondary account, but I have not progressed very far...I want to back up my progress somewhere secure and then just start over again on my new console with my DLC cars and shiny stuff ^_^ and while I get stuck as a low-level newb again I can post some more interesting tunes :embarrassed:

While i wait for a scirocco R tune. I will give a short summary of my experience with the 86 GT.

I used a G27 wheel, with the ABS 0, and manual, on Time trial circuit. When i first drove out with it, it seemed very solid, very conservative, and took the corners very well. The outlap made the car seem very boring, but when i put my foot down on the first lap, the car showed that it still had some power in it. It didn't step out too much, but when you put your foot down coming out of the corner, its wheels started to spin, with no grip. You could drift it around corners if you wanted to. But when you drove it well, with control, it has great handling, better then the stock version(obviously), it's not as agile as some of the MR lightweights, but it did beat the time of a semi tuned Mclaren MP4-12c, but was slower than a mazda Mx-5 TC.

It is easy to drive, and has great control, but also can be fun to drive if you really push it.

Final Notes- Over all the cars are great, I would say use any one of them just be aware of their faults. If you want to look cool and drift all the corners use the ft-86, if you want a track monster to learn tracks and hit every apex use the G-string (it’s not the fastest but very stable and good for trying to learn a track). But if you want a nice balance between the two use the gt 86. I think it’s the fastest of the 4 cars, Roj and I disagree on the spoiler… ugh that 99-05 Pontiac spoiler is just nasty looking, in my opinion doesn’t fit the car at all, give it a nice lip and call it good, but that’s a whole different story. But other than that the gt 86 is great, makes you look like a movie star when you ask it to (drifting wise) but if you want to be serious and beat some guys in the same PP class as you, it will do that no questions asked. So the winner of this review is the gt- 86.
Cheers for the mass-review RyanGT86! (See what I did there?) :D

Considering you've reviewed all the cars seperately before, I don't think there's much I can say really. The FT-86 and G-String have gotten a little looser since Spec 2. For the G-String this is great as you found, but it's made the FT-86 a lot more drifty, but then the GT86 happily takes the FT-86's old job so it's all good! :D

And I just prefer winged GT86's. :P The bootlid looks a little weird without one. :P
Hey, Roj, just wanted to let you know, I <3 Juliet. :D The Goof Patrol Trio had a race on Trial Mountain yesterday, and with the 500PP limit and Sport soft tyre restriction, I had her (or rather she drove me to) run rings around Andre's stupid little Impreza rally car. :D And I also, for the first time ever, set a competitive lap time which put me in the lead! :D It's still mostly the car though, so…yea…

:D
Most likely, yes. :lol:
Final words : All of them feel good, each for they use. For me the perfect car is the GT86, agile, fast, no under/oversteer, feels very balanced like ryangt sayed. The others have each their flaw, but don't let them get dust. Give then some love. When I get my hands in a FT86 Concept II, I will finish my 86 tree review.
Thanks for the reviews!

Again, there's not much I can say aside from that I agree with you totally. Each car has its own personality and that's what sets them apart. They all look the same, but they don't drive the same. :D

The AE86SS suffers from a terrible powerband, so unfortunately there's no fixing it's lack of speed compared to it's younger siblings, but hey, it does stick like glue. :D
Holy crow. The Goof Troop have nearly prevented me from posting on Page 420!

Anyway, got stuff coming... In theory.
Look you can tell.
While i wait for a scirocco R tune. I will give a short summary of my experience with the 86 GT.

I used a G27 wheel, with the ABS 0, and manual, on Time trial circuit. When i first drove out with it, it seemed very solid, very conservative, and took the corners very well. The outlap made the car seem very boring, but when i put my foot down on the first lap, the car showed that it still had some power in it. It didn't step out too much, but when you put your foot down coming out of the corner, its wheels started to spin, with no grip. You could drift it around corners if you wanted to. But when you drove it well, with control, it has great handling, better then the stock version(obviously), it's not as agile as some of the MR lightweights, but it did beat the time of a semi tuned Mclaren MP4-12c, but was slower than a mazda Mx-5 TC.

It is easy to drive, and has great control, but also can be fun to drive if you really push it.

Thanks for the review! Yeah the lack of power compared to how much grip it has does give you the sense it's a bit boring when you're not giving it any stick, but it comes alive when you put your foot down. Makes it a nice daily driver or endurance car I think.

It's just all Juliet in his case. :grumpy: You know what, I HATE Juliet, Elises are so OP... oh wait, there's a 501 PP GT86 in your car lot :lol:

I LUUURVVE YOU JULIET!!! <3

Anyway, though I was hoping to get a collection of reviews for my 'Review ALL Hondas', but here's a few more short ones for you so that I actually make some contribution.

[…] Accord Type R- 1:37.551
Not at all bad for such a relatively big car, it’s actually very composed and easy to drive fast. It can take the first section at damn near full speed without much trouble, though it could be down to a lack of power, 276-ish hp isn’t really that much for this car. Another mild issue is that there is still a bit of understeer. It’s not dramatic, but it still pushes a bit when you exit a corner, particularly that banked hairpin at the end of the back straight. Otherwise, it’s a very well mannered, quite fun, FF sports saloon which is capable of schooling a few low end sports cars when the mood takes you.

[…]Civic Type RS- 1:34.692
This really is a case of saving the best till last, this is easily the most fun of the 4, and it’s also the most powerful at 325hp. And as such, it does suffer from some slight understeer, especially when you exit a corner. But unlike the Accord Type R, if you give it a good flick into the corner, it’ll tuck its nose into the corner and grip. It’s the hooligan of the 4, the most boy racer like. //

Short, yes, but at least it's something.

PS, Roj, I painted my Hondas nighthawk black with gold Advan RGII wheels, looks like a Mugen. :drool: :lol:

It's just all Juliet in his case. :grumpy: You know what, I HATE Juliet, Elises are so OP... oh wait, there's a 501 PP GT86 in your car lot :lol:
Romeo is going to slice your face off for saying that. :lol:

It's 501PP but barely 501. A bit of power limiting brings it back to 500 without losing much power. :P
I LUUURVVE YOU JULIET!!! <3
Romeo will also slice your face off. :lol:
[&#8230;] Accord Type R- 1:37.551
Not at all bad for such a relatively big car, it&#8217;s actually very composed and easy to drive fast. It can take the first section at damn near full speed without much trouble, though it could be down to a lack of power, 276-ish hp isn&#8217;t really that much for this car. Another mild issue is that there is still a bit of understeer. It&#8217;s not dramatic, but it still pushes a bit when you exit a corner, particularly that banked hairpin at the end of the back straight. Otherwise, it&#8217;s a very well mannered, quite fun, FF sports saloon which is capable of schooling a few low end sports cars when the mood takes you.
Yeah, it is an Accord afterall so it's not going to handle like an Integra. Also I did try to keep the sports saloon character, rather than trying to turn it into a sports car. :lol:
[&#8230;]Civic Type RS- 1:34.692
This really is a case of saving the best till last, this is easily the most fun of the 4, and it&#8217;s also the most powerful at 325hp. And as such, it does suffer from some slight understeer, especially when you exit a corner. But unlike the Accord Type R, if you give it a good flick into the corner, it&#8217;ll tuck its nose into the corner and grip. It&#8217;s the hooligan of the 4, the most boy racer like.
Most boy racer like is about right, yeah. Seems to be something the EP Civic's are good at. :lol: It's still the fastest European Civic Type R to date actually. Maybe that'll change next year or whenever Honda bring out the next Civic Type R.
PS, Roj, I painted my Hondas nighthawk black with gold Advan RGII wheels, looks like a Mugen. :drool: :lol:

Very good. :D

It's 180.

However, the FT-86 II and GT86 have the same gearbox ranges, so if you use the gearbox from the our FT-86 II onto a fully tuned GT86, it'll work fine. :D:tup:

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport&#8217;s G35 Luxoline

G35Luxoline.jpg

G35Luxoline_Big.jpg

Based on: Infiniti G35 Coupe &#8216;06
Obtained: Brand new from Infiniti

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 418 BHP (@ 26.2 miles)
Torque:---- 46 kgfm
Weight:---- 1295 kg
PP:-------- 522

PARTS
GT Auto

Enkei RPF1 Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.091
2nd:-- 2.148
3rd:-- 1.599
4th:-- 1.249
5th:-- 1.023
6th:-- 0.849
Final: 3.750
Max Speed: 186 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/15
Accel:-- 0/45
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 11.0/6.0
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 3/5
Camber:----- 2.7/2.5
Toe:-------- &#8211;0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The G35 is essentially a luxury 350Z for Nissan&#8217;s Infiniti brand. So since it shares its engine and platform with the 350Z, there&#8217;s a lot of potential for a good handling car, under all that leather. Thing is, why would you try and make the G35 handle like a 350Z? It&#8217;s a bit pointless.

So instead of doing that, we made this, the Luxoline. It&#8217;s fast, but comfortable at the same time, like a business jet. No need to break a sweat, just relax and cruise in the Luxoline.

Last edited:
Rotary Junkie
It's probably 180, but you've got a racing exhaust instead of semi-racing.

Engine tuning, exhaust, cat, and ECU all raise the rev limiter and, as a result, change the ratios available at a given top speed setting.

So what is the solution if the user opts for a sports exhaust rather than a full racing? Just get the slider as close as possible?

Or just slap the F1 tune onto your one and go for a spin and enjoy the not as crap handling! :D

it doesn't handle bad, it just can't drift ! In compensation, my Cobra could drift with ease, until machate hit me with the Zonda and killed my drifto ._.
And I could run with you and machate with my F1 against the "teenage girl" Veyron and Zonda, respectively.

Last edited:
So what is the solution if the user opts for a sports exhaust rather than a full racing? Just get the slider as close as possible?

This isn't a problem. To explain, here's all the lowest ratios possible for first gear with each exhaust, when the car is otherwise tuned to maximum power.

Racing: 2.910
Semi: 2.823
Sports: 2.791
Stock: 2.759

So as you can see, the stock and sports can still have a ratio of 2.823 anyway. It's just the racing exhaust that requires a new gear ratio to be made up, which you can actually find on our FT-86 II because it's the same as the GT86.

This isn't a problem. To explain, here's all the lowest ratios possible for first gear with each exhaust, when the car is otherwise tuned to maximum power.

So as you can see, the stock and sports can still have a ratio of 2.823 anyway. It's just the racing exhaust that requires a new gear ratio to be made up, which you can actually find on our FT-86 II because it's the same as the GT86.

What this guy said.

Now, with a lower rev limiter you may wind up not being able to get 5th/6th short enough in a few cases but it's not a huge deal. Basically, the "extremes" (or really any position on the slider for a given top speed setting) always try to be the same length as far as speed goes rather than the same ratio.

Increase the rev limiter, you have more revs to play with, you "need" shorter gears to hit the limiter at the same speed.

VTiRoj

I was thinking in more general terms of what to do. I think Rotary Junkie addressed that?

What would happen if a gear box was set up with particular parts as it was specified, and then a power adder was reduced?

To cover up my fail double posting, I've posted a new tune that isn't DLC. :P

I was thinking in more general terms of what to do. I think Rotary Junkie addressed that?

What would happen if a gear box was set up with particular parts as it was specified, and then a power adder was reduced?
Well you have an answer either way. :P

Then the gear ratios would change by themselves if their current setting exceeded minimum or maximum ratio allowed.

GTP Name: Niss
PSN Name: GTP_Nissen
Your Car: Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA '03
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: i use this car for the WSGTC Series Season 3, it's already stable but understeering, i want too prevent this and make it a tiny bit oversteery and has good cornering ability :).
Link To Review:

Regards,
Martin Nissen.

GTP Name: Niss
PSN Name: GTP_Nissen
Your Car: Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA '03
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: i use this car for the WSGTC Series Season 3, it's already stable but understeering, i want too prevent this and make it a tiny bit oversteery and has good cornering ability :).
Link To Review:

Regards,
Martin Nissen.
That's a reasonable request, but we would like a review first. If you need help on what a review is supposed to be like, there are examples at the bottom of the first post. 👍
SVX
Wow, that G35 looks fantastic.
Yeah, it suits the clean look. :D
Can I do request since I made 4 reviews ? I'm just want one for now.

Yeah, one at a time though. ;)

To finish the 86 family tree !

FT-86 Concept II (parts installed, stock settings) : It surprised me. Stable, very little understeer, back loose, but you can still prevent the drift before it starts by countersteering. It was faster stock than any other car with the setting applied...
Lap : 1:34.095
FT-86 II GT-Apex (parts installed, settings applied) : It got more stable, the back sticks like glue to the ground, only if you provocate, the drift will happen, understeer eliminated. Again, it was the fastest car of the 86 family around Trial Mountain. My favorite of them all.
Lap : 1:32.626

Thanks to ryangt for sending the car to me so I could test it. I'm currently sending it back.

That's a reasonable request, but we would like a review first. If you need help on what a review is supposed to be like, there are examples at the bottom of the first post. 👍

So does this mean i need too test a car out for you guys and then i can do my request? That's awesome, btw the 908 HDi tune was great the 787B tune aswell.

So does this mean i need too test a car out for you guys and then i can do my request? That's awesome, btw the 908 HDi tune was great the 787B tune aswell.

Sorry mang, senor VTiRoj needs detailed reviews. Probably 2-3 paragraphs minimum. :)

Back