RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Lol, will try MadFinnTuners then.

Same goes for them too, but as you aren't even willing to work just a bit for you tune, I suppose I'll take your request and ask Roj to tune that car for me!

Right, Roj, tune the eyeballs out of that car, and use it to slaughter the R35 GT500.

Same goes for them too, but as you aren't even willing to work just a bit for you tune, I suppose I'll take your request and ask Roj to tune that car for me!

Right, Roj, tune the eyeballs out of that car, and use it to slaughter the R35 GT500.
I want to do it but i dont know how it's not that well explained in the OP atleast for me then,

I want to do it but i dont know how it's not that well explained in the OP atleast for me then,

Oh, this issue. :lol: In that case, it's not that bad. Just pick a car, preferably a car relevant to your needs so it helps make the writing easier, talk about how it handles stock (or just slap the tune on it if you really are in a rush), and then talk about how it drives with the tune on.

Example (Copy and paste review from a page back):

Civic Type RS- 1:34.692
This really is a case of saving the best till last, this is easily the most fun of the 4, and it’s also the most powerful at 325hp. And as such, it does suffer from some slight understeer, especially when you exit a corner. But unlike the Accord Type R, if you give it a good flick into the corner, it’ll tuck its nose into the corner and grip. It’s the hooligan of the 4, the most boy racer like.

That took barely 30 minutes, and is more than enough for a tune. It's really easy, just don't be shy about what you say. If the car starts out as a mound of dog turd, say so. But remember, it's about the tune, not the car, so no raving on about how the car in question looks like a cow. ;)

Hmm…Roj, I'm actually quite surprised that the Bread Van hasn't been Spec II'd yet…is that going to happen some time soon?

Hey Roj, just so you know what I meant by the whole Mugen look, here's that Accord Type R. :D

I know my photography doesn't do it much justice, but it actually looks awesome. :drool: :lol:

Anyway, I guess it's time to get the GT86 tune hooked up, I need something to cure my disappointment for how it drove.

Request and car sent your way Roj.
Okay. 👍
To finish the 86 family tree !

FT-86 Concept II (parts installed, stock settings) : It surprised me. Stable, very little understeer, back loose, but you can still prevent the drift before it starts by countersteering. It was faster stock than any other car with the setting applied...
Lap : 1:34.095
FT-86 II GT-Apex (parts installed, settings applied) : It got more stable, the back sticks like glue to the ground, only if you provocate, the drift will happen, understeer eliminated. Again, it was the fastest car of the 86 family around Trial Mountain. My favorite of them all.
Lap : 1:32.626

Thanks to ryangt for sending the car to me so I could test it. I'm currently sending it back.
Really? It was the fastest for you? I find that I'm faster in the GT86, although not by a huge margin. :lol: Your lap time is barely slower than mine though, so it's obvious the FT-86 II is much easier to drive.
Hi Roj,

A quick question about this wonderful thing, can we say this is a spec 2 version of GREEN MEANIE in the archives?

Thanks m8, you have a great day
I don't think you can, because they're different cars. You're welcome to see if the settings work for the G37 though. 👍
Sorry mang, senor VTiRoj needs detailed reviews. Probably 2-3 paragraphs minimum. :)
Indeed. There's 3 pretty big hints at the bottom of the OP, which I wish people read before CTRL+C'ing the request form. :ouch:

The car has no eyeballs, therefore job complete already. Thank you come again. :lol:👍

But yeah, it's only fair that you scratch our back first if you wish for us to scratch yours. I appreciate not everyone is capable of writing a novel, but look at NascarManiaco, short reviews but full of info, not hard right?
Hmm…Roj, I'm actually quite surprised that the Bread Van hasn't been Spec II'd yet…is that going to happen some time soon?
I was saving it for 2.02, when it could get gold 5-spokes again. The new cars have delayed it's tweak for the time being. :lol:
Roj, just a heads-up, the RE Amemiya review is now revised and made final in my review thread. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6377730#post6377730
I'll read it when I'm finished replying to all these quotes. 👍
Hey Roj, just so you know what I meant by the whole Mugen look, here's that Accord Type R. :D

I know my photography doesn't do it much justice, but it actually looks awesome. :drool: :lol:

Anyway, I guess it's time to get the GT86 tune hooked up, I need something to cure my disappointment for how it drove.

Oh that looks good. I'll have to put the Advan's on my Accord too. :D

And yes, clearly you need some GT-Apex in your life. :lol:

Next in line for review is the EP Civic (bought one because of your guys tune, but I've never got around to apply the setting on it :lol:)

RKM Motorsport's Golf Turbo R

GolfTurboR.jpg

GolfTurboR_Big.jpg

Based on: Volkswagen Golf VI R '10
Obtained: Brand new from Volkswagen (DLC 2)

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 420 BHP (@ 13.2 miles since online races no longer count)
Torque:---- 47.9 kgfm
Weight:---- 1239kg
PP:-------- 528

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Front Aero A
Rear Aero A
Spoiler A
Chrome Orange Paint

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbocharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Center Differential
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft or Racing Hard/Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.750
2nd:-- 1.756
3rd:-- 1.312
4th:-- 1.050
5th:-- 0.875
6th:-- 0.750
Final: 4.500
Max Speed: 180 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 5/5
Accel:-- 20/60
Braking: 5/5
Torque Distribution: 40/60

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 10.0/7.5
Extension:-- 8/6
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll:-- 1/1
Camber:----- 1.5/1.5
Toe:-------- -0.15/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/5

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
So the brand new Golf R barely even set tyre in my garage and I already had the carbon glued on and the bonnet up. Tuned up to a surprising 420bhp, this 2.0 turbo Golf has become the perfect German race car. It has precision, stability and good looks.

Take this hatchback out for a spin and see what I mean. It is surprisingly well behaved and can manage some rather scary cornering speeds for a 4wd hatchback with a little weight issue. It also comes ready for racing slicks, should you decide to get serious at a track day...

Cant -_- have to go deal with old people and trying to get them in a nursing home.... so it will be an adventure XD

Well I'm sorry that banners have taken a back seat to playing "guess the present" with my girlfriend and tuning Ryan's GT86. :lol:

But the Golf has better handling and more power...besides your fancy 86 brigade already has thousands of reviews :dopey: is it my turn yet?

The GT86 is more fun and better looking though. :P Also, DLC cars get few reviews because not everyone wants to buy another unsellable DLC car or potentially ruin their current one. Most of our TC's haven't had any reviews even until now. :ouch:

VTiRoj
The GT86 is more fun and better looking though. :P Also, DLC cars get few reviews because not everyone wants to buy another unsellable DLC car or potentially ruin their current one. Most of our TC's haven't had any reviews even until now. :ouch:

Have YOU even driven it? And the Golf is cheap as chips...

Have YOU even driven it? And the Golf is cheap as chips...

See bolded. It's cheap yes, but it'll permanently take up a spot in your garage.

Also I've not driven it yet, I need to make one on my alt account, which I dont mind ruining with perma-Golf's. :lol:

See bolded. It's cheap yes, but it'll permanently take up a spot in your garage.

Also I've not driven it yet, I need to make one on my alt account, which I dont mind ruining with perma-Golf's. :lol:

I would review if I had them. Shame that I can't buy things on my own (I'm just 15 :lol:)

Hey Roj, not to feel like a burden or anything, but had you talked to RJ about my Cobra R? (Like who would tune it 'n' such.) I got another one from the used car dealership unmolested so you have a clean slate to work with. Just lemme know who to send the car to 👍

Hey Roj, not to feel like a burden or anything, but had you talked to RJ about my Cobra R? (Like who would tune it 'n' such.) I got another one from the used car dealership unmolested so you have a clean slate to work with. Just lemme know who to send the car to 👍

Oh yeah sorry. RJ is taking it. Drop a friend request to him and send the Cobra. 👍

Actually, online races do count mileage but not to break in the engine. Not sure if that's what you meant, but that's what I noticed.

My GT-R Black has 180 miles but no break-in power ):

Also, the Golf is awesome so I must try that tune. Although I'll limit myself to 500pp.

Back