Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for teaching me some Finnish! :D

New Wheels, NIMITÄHÄN, finished in VÄRITÄHÄN from MERKKITÄHÄN

Which Google Translate tells me is:

New Wheels, THIS NAME, finished in COLOUR from THIS SIGN HERE

And sweet Scirocco. I had mine painted in the exact same colour for a while, but then I painted it a darker blue.

Thank you for teaching me some Finnish! :D

New Wheels, NIMITÄHÄN, finished in VÄRITÄHÄN from MERKKITÄHÄN

Which Google Translate tells me is:

New Wheels, THIS NAME, finished in COLOUR from THIS SIGN HERE

And sweet Scirocco. I had mine painted in the exact same colour for a while, but then I painted it a darker blue.

It's half 12 at night here, so there might be some errors that had to be fixed.. besides, most of Finnish consists of cussing, so that's where you should start too :lol:

Honda Civic Type R Zero '08

363 bhp, 359 Nm, 1055 kg, PP 500
Painted in Championship White from Honda

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Front Splitter & Skirts Type A
Rear Diffuser Type A
Front Extensions Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Mid Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: ~200.000Cr

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.537
2nd: 1.782
3rd: 1.400
4th: 1.175
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.836
Final Gear: 4.750

Max speed: 280 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.0 / 3.5
Dampers (Extension): 4 / 4
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 3
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.15 / -0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 3 / 8

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

When the FD2 Type R was introduced it caused a shock among enthusiasts - a four door Type R? Yep, that's right. Eventually it went on to crush lap times set by the DC5 Integra and at that point the doubts vanished.

But like all good things, it can be made better. Or "better" is a subjective word but at least faster. With a lot of internal (and one little external addition) work later the engine coughs out more power than the one found in the NSX and acceleration problems are history. Losing weight is self explanatory too, hence the "Zero" name, but the suspension took some serious thinking. For some reason the car was very hesitant to react favourably to just about anything but with a few successful changes it finally reached the level of performance that can be expected from a car of its class. While perhaps not as pleasant to drive as the agile Integra it excels at stability and predictability, and definitely shows that a four door FWD can be a sports car like any other.

Last edited:
I'm finally back to GT5 after a lengthy Skyrim diversion, and relocating to Australia.
Tried out your Tuscan last night - fantastic. I'll try to write a proper review later (but between baby and new job, I'll see how it goes).

hey M.F.T, do you have any experience with the Saleen S7? I've looked all over for a racing tune for it to no avail. I know that the car has potential (just look at the real life S7R) I would send you my reflex purple
S7 (maxed out) except I don't have Internet access for my ps3 so...

I have some experience with it, max tuned just like yours. Quite a wild ride indeed.. :D If you review a single car from us, either I or Greycap will make you a custom tune depending of whose tune you reviewed and send you the setup via PM.

I have just finshed testing greycaps Aston Martin Vanquish GT and may I say i haven't had so much fun in a long time! I test my cars at eiger norwand short course, and the Vanquish manged to beat my stock c6 zo6(ss tires) by nearly a full second, and that was with me grinning like an idiot the entire time as it made passionate, power sliding love to the tracks every curve. I can't imagine a more fun or satisfying run than that beautiful 107.336 lap!
The Vanquish GT is like a rare woman, not only does she have the gorgeous curves, she has almost pre-cognitive, instinctual moves to match. My hat is off to you artists of iron. I recomend this car to anyone with a pulse, and maybe a few without!

Hm, that's Greycap's tune.. :D Oh boy, he's gonna have a field day with S7.. :lol: I don't know whether I should pity him or the car..

Hm, that's Greycap's tune.. :D Oh boy, he's gonna have a field day with S7.. :lol: I don't know whether I should pity him or the car..

Just be glad he didn't choose your tunes. :lol: An is the S7 that bad? I've tried tuning one (stock), and it's fairly well mannered. Though I thought oversteery cars were Greycap's specialties…who knows, he might enjoy it! :dopey:

Stock it's quite controllable, but he wants full tune.. Which makes it entirely different animal. That reminds me, I should continue tuning mine on SSRX, I think it has potential for great speeds.

Hey, Leonidae

Are you gonna put up the Crossfire tune you done for me so i can do a little review?
Very happy with the car, by the way, it's one of the best handling cars i have now.

Cheers!

You can put the review up even without that, it's been done before. Besides, I didn't copy the setup anywhere.

Phooey.. That was quick but nasty piece of sickness I had. Now that I'm no longer puking my guts out, I might as well continue working.

Hey guys! I apologise for the delay of my review. I've kind of lost track of time while tuning at ssrx lol. But I decided to give one of your older tunes a go. I built your r32 skyline. I used it in the 500pp seasonal at Trial Mountain and was very impressed at how well the car handled. I didn't have any problems with understeer like I did with the stock version. The gearing was tight and responsive. I was getting consistent times in the 1:38-1:39 range (decent for me) and was able to gain 1st place well before the end of the 2nd lap. It is no longer a chore to drive this car. You have made it come to life and become an enjoyable ride. This is the car Nissan should have built! Great job. Keep up the good work.

gt4viper - An interesting choice! I've had some kind of a magic touch on the Vanquish since GT4, it has something in it that really makes it better than one would expect. Which is more than proven by the fact that it can even compete with a Corvette on such a course and emerge as a winner in the end... certainly not what a heavy GT car is supposed to do! I'll see about the S7 some day, PM me if there's anything specific that has to be taken into account.

kennyblanco - No, the R32 R-Tune is the car Nissan should have built. ;) But indeed, the setup shows how little it sometimes takes to turn a mediocre car into a cornering machine - just a slightly more aggressive suspension can do the trick.

gt4viper - An interesting choice! I've had some kind of a magic touch on the Vanquish since GT4, it has something in it that really makes it better than one would expect. Which is more than proven by the fact that it can even compete with a Corvette on such a course and emerge as a winner in the end... certainly not what a heavy GT car is supposed to do! I'll see about the S7 some day, PM me if there's anything specific that has to be taken into account.

Thanks greycap for helping my S7, I love the car but can't seem to lose the understeer. (I painted mine Reflex Purple from TVR, yes I spent 100k just for a freakin paint chip!)
As far as the Vanquish (don't ya love that name?) i knew it was special when it first came out and saw that it weighed 2 tons had less than 500 hp and STILL went 200 mph. I really wish polyphony would update its scans though, it looks the same as GT3, and the rear fenders look really bad where they meet the doors. it's a shame to see such beauty so poorly presented; especially when you consider some of their more questionable choices for premium cars.
I have to admit I was surprised when I drove your GT tune on it though, it handles so well and responses so crisply for a heavy grand tourer. And don't even get me started about the engine! That exaust note under slight lugging is so damn near sinful I felt guilty listening to it, not that that stopped me from sitting in the eiger tunnel listening to it (stop the car, put it in 2nd and just blip the throttle to stop it from rolling back). and just barely bog it out of a low speed corner, total EARGASM! Sweet work, Im looking forward to the Saleen S7, (another somewhat underappreciated car IMO) maybe you can help fix that!

luistaaluistaamustavalko.jpg

The guys are obviously on to something again but what, remains to be seen...

I just had so much fun with the Scirocco breaking it in @ the a-spec 500PP seasonal.
Sooo-oonish i will take this little "bug" to the green hell to see what is it made off.

Ferrari 512BBC '76

565+ bhp, 640+ Nm, 1166 kg, PP 562
Painted in Nero from Ferrari

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Rays Volk Racing CE28N, finished in Nero from Ferrari
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: more than it's worth

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.134
2nd: 2.013
3rd: 1.500
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.350

Max speed: 370 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 25
Acceleration Sensitivity: 50
Braking Sensitivity: 25

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 8.0 / 9.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 9
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.05 / 0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 8 / 3

Driving Options

Imagine the suspension and tyre technology of the '70s, the naturally unstable nature of the mid-engined layout and combine them to the "aerodynamics are for those who can't build engines" ideology by Enzo Ferrari. You'll end up with this, arguably the hardest car to master in our line-up until this day and likely to the end of days, the Ferrari 512 Berlinetta Boxer Competizione.

Well, the engine isn't an actual boxer but a 180° V12 - but let's not let that be a problem. It produces more power than necessary anyway. Under the engine lurks a straight cut gearbox which does its best to deliver the mentioned power to the seriously undersized rear tyres via an LSD that desperately tries to eliminate wheelspin. Sorry, mission impossible right there. The suspension is an attempt to keep the body moving approximately to the direction that the driver had in mind before entering the corner but nothing can be promised.

It's noisy, very difficult to drive, excessively powerful, but a very real Ferrari at its heart. Not for anyone who has even a slightest doubt about their driving skills.

Miura QV520

521 bhp, 492 Nm, 872 kg, PP 580
Painted in Bianco Monocerus from Lamborghini

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, BBS, finished in Grigio Avlon from Lamborghini
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost:20 mill and then some.

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.706
2nd: 1.774
3rd: 1.267
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.800
Final Gear: 4.100

Max speed: 330 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -15 / -15
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 5.0 / 5.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 5 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.20 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 8 / 2

Driving Options

This is the car that started it all. This is the very definition of the supercar, as it is the very first supercar, and like all proper supercars ever since, it's mid-engined chainsaw murderer with light feet and twitchy tendencies. Get it just right and it will fly you around track with elegant efficiency, get it just a just tiny bit wrong and it'll be a tire-smoking disaster spinning towards the guardrail. This car knows no mercy and doesn't take hostages, but if you know how to speak with it and how to listen to it, it will take you through the pearly gates of automotive heaven with gracefulness of a swan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back