RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Lets try this again, hmm?

CITROEN GT RACE CAR TURBO

Hmm I might have to retry this car, when I drove and tested this car I never had this unstable problem. I myself found this to be one of the most stable cars around, doesnt mean your lying or a bad driver, we just might have different driving styles. Just so I can compare what track/s did you do your testing on.

I tried the GT turbo on eiger norwand and trial mountain, trail mountain was better for it. it's not that the car was unstable, it's solid as a rock until I try and and that very potent 600ish hp to it and the rear just trades places with the front. the power is a bit too volatile and rear let's go way to fast for me to catch it. on eiger, even in fourth gear in the tunnel it was still fighting me. maybe its just beyond my skill level, or it's just got to many gears for my style. as I said, only a truly skilled driver (which I admit I'm not) will e able to handle it.

Absolutely fantastic.!! My new favourite car. :)

Excellent work, Roj, the car is perfect and very well balanced. It rips the corners like butter, and on SSR X maxed out nearly 400 kph (almost 250 mph).

Just changed the colors a little bit: :D

(Click for larger)

I like bad looking car...

Many thanks and excellent job Roj!!

Chat you soon. :)
You're welcome! Glad you liked it. :)
I think I must watch to much top gear, all that babbling and I managed to tell your readers nothing other than that it's a P.I.T.A. to drive stock, and that you did a good job helping it hook up.

thanks RKM and all of GTP for listening to my amatuer attempts at a review

It is very entertaining to read at least. Thank you and welcome to GTP. :D

I'm going to try racing soft tires tonight, may make a world of difference.
it's power took me by surprise, it say 660 but it feels like it has 1200!
I only drove it for an hour or so, so I think maybe RS instead of RH tires and get used to the snappy powerband and I might think diff.
I was really frustrated when i wrote those reviews, I'll try and be more patient,
maybe drive the cars more before I give a verdict. I was just so exited to be posting at GTP!

thanks guys

I tried the GT turbo on eiger norwand and trial mountain, trail mountain was better for it. it's not that the car was unstable, it's solid as a rock until I try and and that very potent 600ish hp to it and the rear just trades places with the front. the power is a bit too volatile and rear let's go way to fast for me to catch it. on eiger, even in fourth gear in the tunnel it was still fighting me. maybe its just beyond my skill level, or it's just got to many gears for my style. as I said, only a truly skilled driver (which I admit I'm not) will e able to handle it.

So only when you push the car do you get this problem? Because when I push this car I find it to understeer a bit. Are you using a wheel or ds3? But I do notice when in coming out of turn if your to hard on the gas in 2nd the back comes out, if you are having that problem, just make a conscious decision to exit the turn in 3rd to keep the back end in check. Other then that easy on the gas through the corners.

Last edited:
yeah I need to try it some more, i use a ds3 btw. last night it just seemed that for a full blown race car it wasn't coping with its 600 hp very well at least at low speeds.
600hp isn't a massive amount of power, my f150 lightning has more than that!
and it copes better too🏁

maybe that's part of my problem, I was giving to much gas in 2nd and it stayed loose thru 3-4th. I need to do this test over again. it was 2am when I drove it first and I think that was probably the biggest issue.
sorry if I sent out bad info based on lousy driving, I'm going to try it again later

better to be quiet and thought of as a fool,
than to open your mouth and prove it.

I am relearning this.

Its fine its a good thing to post so others can test and see if they are getting the same thing or maybe help you out. And it did help you out, you figured out what was going on, going to much gas on 2nd and sliding all about through 3rd and 4th. Its a learning experience rather you say something and learn from it instead of being quiet and not learning at all from your experience.

thanks ryangt, I broke it out again tonight with my improved driving method, and said to myself: self, if our British burger flipping tuner babe says this car is worth the time of day, by god I'm gona figure out what I'm missing! And I found out I was missing a ton. driven smoothly this GT shines, high speed ring and
trail mountain were a real blast, although is feels a bit cramped on eiger (what 6-700hp car doesn't). It is a actually moved way up my ranks as a dual purpose machine; drive it a 9/10ths and it scorches the charts, push it to 11/10ths and it's rather content to let you play Tanner Foust. It really does great for hard tires, awesome work Dragonthing! Thanks also to ryangt for helping me get the pee out of my Cheerios. It's good to be apart of GTP finally

Actually your troubles with it seem to have highlighted something of JFool's review.

It's great if you figure it out, but B-Specs can't figure cars out, they just drive them the same way no matter what.

yeah I went back and read JFool's review
and can totally see Bob having trouble with this car, stock or tuned, I sure wish I could teach bob to short shift, among other things...

But isnt every BoB different if one BoB has a problem with the car doesnt mean all BoBs will, kind of like people drivres?

oh yeah for sure, I was just thinking of a few of my retarded bobs, and on larger courses like high speed ring, grand valley and other higher speed courses even they might be ok

But isnt every BoB different if one BoB has a problem with the car doesnt mean all BoBs will, kind of like people drivres?

Kinda but not really. Some Bobs are more retarded than others for sure, but it seems like their actual driving style doesn't differ much.

My Bob (level 40) only had a problem with the Racing Gt concept when the LM Mclaren was in that race, and i would say that was more due to being in the red trying to catch it. Only then would he start ****ing up, but if that car was not there he handled the car like a dream with no input from me. It could be the pressure BoB has because he has the will of a 3 year old or it could be because my BoB is a higher level then Jfools.

My Bob (level 40) only had a problem with the Racing Gt concept when the LM Mclaren was in that race, and i would say that was more due to being in the red trying to catch it. Only then would he start ****ing up, but if that car was not there he handled the car like a dream with no input from me. It could be the pressure BoB has because he has the will of a 3 year old or it could be because my BoB is a higher level then Jfools.

Read over your posts and glad to see I wasnt only one who found that issue (the slippy). Right now Im grinding away a few accts to raise my B-Spec to 40 (current high is 35) then retry the GT. Just be aware I also was losing to the default GT R/C if it showed up using that tune not just the BMW or Chap or Zonda or Ford R/C, GT Mark IV is it?? Thats why I have been so quiet lately, I HATE GRINDING! And were it not for RJ mentioning Remote Racing his B-Spec to 40 Id have been doing it my way all this time: actually racing the damn cars over and over and over and over... I didnt know what Remote Race was until he said it. Further proof I am an idiot perhaps?

RKM Motorsport’s Murciélago GT

MurcielagoGT.jpg

MurcielagoGT_Big.jpg

Based on: Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 ‘09
Obtained: Brand new from Lamborghini

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 615 BHP (@ 32.1 miles)
Torque:---- 65 kgfm
Weight:---- 1350 kg
PP:-------- 577

PARTS
GT Auto

BBS RS Wheels
Type B Front Aero
Type A Rear Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.553
2nd:-- 2.379
3rd:-- 1.776
4th:-- 1.380
5th:-- 1.117
6th:-- 0.936
Final: 3.000
Max Speed: 230 MPH

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 14.5/15.5
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 4/6
Camber:----- 2.3/1.7
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
With the Aventador’s arrival, the ol’ Murciélago is no longer the big bull of the house. This reminded us that we haven’t tuned a regular Murciélago yet, so consider this our parting gift to the car that changed Lamborghini for the better.

Just like our Gallardo, this Murciélago has very controllable oversteer, making it very easy to slide it around hairpins. You’ll be glad to hear that this tune removes the stubborn understeer and stabilises the rear end that the stock suspension is infamous for. Overall this is a fun car to drive and will put a smile on your face.

pssst Roj... that Aventador? Comes in 2nd to the BMW on R246 B-Spec Seasonal w/ lvl 33 BoB. NICE WORK! Granted I did substitute R1s for the R3s and gave her a Titanium Muffler instead of the SE, but hot damn was that not a fun race to watch. Kudos! Now I need to figure out how to have the Citroen go head to head with this car in B-Spec...

Last edited:
Would anybody be interested in a hybrid tune for this?

wHAVx.jpg

On Comfort Hards it is a slippery slidey and pretty easy to drift car, and on Sports Softs it turns into a lairy kick in the face and huge fun to drive hard...so drift/grip tune anyone? :D

uMadson?
... you did keep it stock?

That's the way I like it. :cool:

The whole car is stock! Apart from the suspension, of course...originally made it as a cruiser, then turned it into a ridiculous stance machine :D

Back