#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm.. I could. I have a well set-up Supra sent to me by my Substance teammate, Che69velle. It's better set up for SSR7 than what I could manage, as I haven't been able to beat his Supra. I'll see how he feels about sharing his setup with the world

Hmm.. I could. I have a well set-up Supra sent to me by my Substance teammate, Che69velle. It's better set up for SSR7 than what I could manage, as I haven't been able to beat his Supra. I'll see how he feels about sharing his setup with the world

How about seeing if he will become part of TheCardboardBox Tuning 👍

NrburgringNordschleife2.jpg

RS6 TT
Audi RS6 '02

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
590PP
760hp/6900rpm | 600ft-lb/6400rpm
1388kg
Model: Standard
Type: Grip/Track

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Catalytic Converter
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo
Transmission: F/C
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Center Differential
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Racing: Hard - Soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.290
2nd: 2.299
3rd: 1.677
4th: 1.218
5th: 0.932
6th: 0.751
Final: 3.350
Top Speed: 249
(Set Final Gear, Max Speed Then Individual Gears)

L.S.D.:
6 - 12
16 - 30
8 - 6

Drivetrain:
30 - 70

Suspension:
Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 13.8/10.2
Damper Extension: 7/8
Damper Compression: 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 1.8/1.5
Tow: -0.03/0.07

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
8 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

After many hours testing at the Nurburgring i feel this Audi has now got the ability to make the GT-R's sweat. Running Sub 6:50's at the Ring its now a true 4WD contender...

Last edited:
I really appoligise , seeing i did the review with the completely wrong tires therefor making my review worthless ... I am sorry i only noticed it now .

Last edited:
Hey, I'm starting to get bored of gt5 so I was looking for things to try out.. I've seen lots of "togue" and "wangan" (sorry for the wrong spelling haha) but I have no idea what they are.. I really want to get into them as I see them EVERYWHERE on GTP :)

Hey, I'm starting to get bored of gt5 so I was looking for things to try out.. I've seen lots of "togue" and "wangan" (sorry for the wrong spelling haha) but I have no idea what they are.. I really want to get into them as I see them EVERYWHERE on GTP :)

Touge- simply put, racing on a Computer Generated course on sport hard tyres and with full damage and tyre wear.

Wangan- Drag racing with corners, basically. Tracks are like SSR7, on Sport soft tyres, cars go up to 240mph without draft…270+ with draft. Probably good fun on route X.

Meh…as far as my knowledge goes, that's their definition for me.

Haha the wangan seems like my kind of thing :) but I'd still love to have a go at togue.. If anyone has any specially built togue or wangan cars on share I'd love to test them out :)

Haha the wangan seems like my kind of thing :) but I'd still love to have a go at togue.. If anyone has any specially built togue or wangan cars on share I'd love to test them out :)
I knew if I mentioned drag racing, you'd instantly like it. :lol:

Look at where you've arrived to. The thread title, translated, says 'Cliff' (Touge, I'm guessing) and something that translates to 'Wangan'. I know SolidSnake has tuned for both though, look in the OP, it should have everything you need. 👍

Haha when I wake up tomorrow I'll add him and whoever else and have a play with them :) haha.. Me and you should have a drag onboy ;)

Yeah ^^

Touge is japanese for Mountain Pass
Wangan is japanese for Bay Shore, and is the name of the longest straight road in Japan, The Bay Shore Expressway.

That's the most basic explanation of what it is. If you want more detailed or stylized explanations, feel free to check out the links in my signature for the most predominant Wangan and Touge destinations on GTPlanted. Legend of the Streets and Wangan Masters Tournament.

They're both rooted in Japanese street racing with cultural differences in the style of the cars and tuning. Quite challenging race types and definitely worth testing those waters if you're finding yourself growing bored of GT5. If you ask which is more difficult... well I'd say they're both just as challenging, especially when running full damage. Controlling a car at speeds in excess of 220mph with tire wear and damage to worry about is just as intense and adrenaline-pumping as racing in winding mountainous roads in close quarters (touge is characteristically narrow).

When in Wangan themed lobbies, the norm is cruising around with fellow drivers, drag racing, 40-kicks (drag racing from 40mph rolling start to reach a certain speed. eg: 100, 150, 200mph etc.) as well as full fledged races.

When in Touge themed lobbies, the norm is also cruising around, learning the track layout (as most of the time it's run in custom Toscana(Tarmac) tracks, though Eifel, Mt. Aso aren't exempt), and racing in free-run with rivals. The action is quite intense, especially when matched with an equally skilled driver there will nary be a distance of 2-3 car-lengths between the drivers and all it takes is one mistake to lose control. Races are also most often 1v1.

Last edited:
……

You know far too much. :lol:

Anyway…I better get my arse moving to finish off that S2k review…I still owe you that.

And remember how my R33 totally beat yours by a massive 0.002 seconds? :lol:

Haha well I have to get ALOT better at circuit racing then :P but hopefully I should be quote competitive with the wangan.. Is there normally a PP limit for these or just go similar cars?

Haha well I have to get ALOT better at circuit racing then :P but hopefully I should be quote competitive with the wangan.. Is there normally a PP limit for these or just go similar cars?

Normally, for Wangan at least, the PP limit is at 600. So your Supras and Twin Turbo Z32s should work quite well there. As for Touge, 500PP is normally the maximum.

Hahaha awesome :) I shall put my wealth of drag tuning into creating my first wangan tune :) it will be a day or two but it will good *shakes fist in general direction of any critics ;) *

Hahaha awesome :) I shall put my wealth of drag tuning into creating my first wangan tune :) it will be a day or two but it will good *shakes fist in general direction of any critics ;) *

I look forward to seeing it, or rather, seeing its taillights. :scared:

But aren't you a 1/4 mile tuner? What do you know about top speed tuning? :lol:

I kid, I kid.

Anyway…Solidsnake, where's the oldies gone? :dopey:

I look forward to seeing it, or rather, seeing its taillights. :scared:

But aren't you a 1/4 mile tuner? What do you know about top speed tuning? :lol:

I kid, I kid.

Anyway…Solidsnake, where's the oldies gone? :dopey:

I've finished the Mustang Mach 1, Lamborghini Countach 25th, Camaro Z/28 and 512BB. The Shelby has been a pain in the arse, it's showing some progress but i'm not satisfied with it yet, same for the Challenger R/T '70 though it's far more promising than the Shelby.

I've been busy with college as I've just finished my first full week of this semester.

First of all I have to appoligise , it was never my intention to make this review so long . I started my testing with R3 tires fitted :banghead:, so I had to redo this and include both sets of tires .

6697417241_bb2e7c4f7c.jpg

The Thrustmaster
BMW M3 GTR '03

Preview :

In February 2001 BMW presented a pure-bred sportscar for road use , however the production did not start till 2002 .
Unlike all other M3's this model was fitted with a 90degrees V8 simular to engine they used in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS).
The street version had to do with only 350hp (345bhp / 396hp on my GT5 car don't know why ) compared to the 450hp (443bhp) racing version
due to emissions and noise levels .
Still at 1350kilo this two seater M3 GTR is a motoring purist dream .
So when browsing these tuning forums I saw yet another M3 GTR tune , nothing special in all fairness but this one was given the cocky nickname
"the trusthmaster":rolleyes: , now if you post a tune with such a name you better be sure of yourself .
So the question is , does it deserve the name ?....

Review :
Upon installing the tune on one of my spare M3 GTR's some numbers crossed my eye .
472 bhp (478hp) at 1178kg sound fast that is for sure , but with sport soft tires .... :scared:
Hopefully can the rearspoiler the size of a boeing 747's wing keep this car on track:odd: .

To be honuest I don't like the M3 , NSX's , LFA's to much in the 550pp bracket seeing not many people even bother trying different cars ,
but in a review one must set personal dislikings or likings aside and keep an open mind .
Now for this review I will visit 4 different tracks , with different styles to see how the car handles .
Going from Spa Francorchamps to Deep Forest to Cote d'Azur and finally Trail Mountain .

Sport Soft

Spa francorchamps
Taking this car to Spa , wich despite a lot of people think is a very technical track , I could not stop thinking how this car would go up Eau Rouge / Radillion .
This very fast corner combo can be a killer for the long straight behind it . To my surprise the M3 GTR went up at 210km/h (130mph) wich would put it in an exellent position for the long straight . The rest of the track this car keeps an exellent pace and tons of grip , you will have to be carefull seeing there is always a little chance of oversteer but this is easely corrected . It is very fun to drive this car on this track and running a 2.24.472 as a best of 5 hotlaps on sport soft it is defenatly a fast car .

Deep Forest :
Very intresting to see how good this car reacts to the height differences , bumps and bankings on this track . At no time did it feel unsafe or on / over the edge . Presonal best 1.29.417

Cote d'Azur :
Amazing how sharp this car steers in the small streets of Monaco , the car eats every conrner one by one always on the hunt for more . My best time on this course was a 1.35.974

Trail Mountain :
Pretty much the same as on all other tracks , personal best 1.29.417

Racing Soft

Because of the high amounts of grip I decided to get rid of the spoiler when using racing softs , basicly it gives me more power and the car looks way better :D

Spa francorchamps
Even without the spoiler at the back the car was rock solid .
Minimun of throttle controle is needed to keep this car in bay , i senced almost no understeer ( exept when overshooting my breaking point )
but even then it was easy to controle and get it back in line .
Oversteer well i searched for it but apperantly it was hiding for me .
Only when i wanted it and put some effort to it the rear would slide a little .
Just enough for a good replay but nothing uncontrolable .
All in all for Spa i would consider this an superb beginners car with rocksolid handling and exellent to get to know a track .
For the more Experienced driver this is a steady ride able to keep posting the same laptimes lap after lap .
While not pushing the car past maybe 80% of its abilaty i was able to set nice 2.18.1xx's lap after lap , with an easy 2.17.358 as a best time .

Deep Forest :
This track is tricky with the height difference , bumps in the first and second sector . Still no flawes could be found in the setup exept for some driver errors it was a fun ride .
1.11.967 was my best lap but numerous of steady 1.12.xxx we're achieved .
The car was adapting exellent towards the bumps and sharper turns .

Cote d'Azur :
This twisty track is one of the most beuatifull tracks in the world , pure driving sensation . while the combination of driver and car needs to be at there top to post a good time .
On this track the GTR dived into every corner like it wanted more and more ( greedy bastard :P ) still driving the same gearbox from Spa and deep Forest i was able to post a nice 1.31.842 .
It was a fun and safe drive with just a little oversteer when flooring it in the twisty part of the track .

Trail Mountain :
1.23.754 , i would consider this a very sharp time . Not to many random online lobbies run faster times to my knowledge . It was smooth just in the first sector you needed to be sharp , little mistakes could have big consequences . but other then that is was a very good drive as well

End conclusion :

When using this car it doesn't matter what kind of tires you will use , you will always be fast . This tune will work for both Racing and Sort soft and is a pleasure to drive . It does not matter if you are a novice on the track or a more experienced driver this car will suit all . And with that said the amounts of convidence this car will give his driver I can only say it defenatly deserves the name "The Trusthmaster" 👍

Keep in mind all testing was done Online , with only ABS set to 1 , everything was turned off . And that better testtimes should be easely manageble by more skilled drivers . I only did 1 warmup lap followed by 5 hotlaps on every track .

( i might still edit some stuff incase of typo's , oh and i didn't take the car to the nurburgring seeing i consider that track more of a challange towards the driver then a car , besides i hate that track :P but i am certain it could post good laptimes there as well :D )

sDZEokAWbHvqK7P0HJ_0.jpg

Gatebil Drift Taxi
BMW M5 '08

GT Auto:
Oil Change : GT Auto Front A

Tale of the Tape:
581PP
688hp/8200rpm | 470ft-lb/6900rpm
1394kg
Model: Premium
Type: Drift

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood: Any
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Transmission: F/C
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Comfort: Hard

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 4.507
2nd: 3.020
3rd: 2.197
4th: 1.680
5th: 1.347
6th: 1.130
7th: 1.000
Final: 3.765
Top Speed: 217
(Set Max Speed, Individual Gears Then Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
0 - 60
0 - 60
0 - 35

Suspension:
Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 10.0/9.6
Damper Extension: 6/5
Damper Compression: 3/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/3
Camber: 2.2/1.4
Tow: -0.05/0.09

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
5 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

One of my daily Drift cars on GT5....

Last edited:
6822911649_465ee20ac3.jpg
[/url]
The Pocket Rocket
Honda CR-X SiR '90

GT Auto:
Engine Rebuild
Chassis Restoration
Paint: Midnight Pearl
Wheels: Rays VOLK CE28N, Midnight Pearl
1233.8 miles​

6822912437_17e46a9635_b.jpg

This is my entry to February 2012's 400PP Nordschleife Tuner Shootout. It might not be the lightest or most powerful 400PP car out there but its a blast to drive!

Enjoy! 👍

Erm…small thing. Looking at the power distribution, I have to say, I'm very surprised at how you got that thing to become a RWD car! :lol: It's 100% to the front, not the back. :lol:

Erm…small thing. Looking at the power distribution, I have to say, I'm very surprised at how you got that thing to become a RWD car! :lol: It's 100% to the front, not the back. :lol:

HUH?! what the?!:crazy:
hahaha, oops, forgot to change that.. see, i always forget a little something when making these setup sheets.

I had finished the setup a few days ago but rushed the setup sheet.

Did you get the rz setup

I'm actually working on it, the transmission setup is courtesy of Che69velle, which is amazingly fast, I'm just working on the suspension a bit so it is less likely to spin out.

I've been busy with college work this weekend so I hadn't gotten around to dedicating the time to fine-tune my cars. As I tune for online, the physics aren't exactly the same as offline so it takes some more trial/error which I wasn't in the mood for this weekend.

I'm a Media-Technology major so most of my work is on computers; photoshop, after-effects, video-editing, etc. so that took up mostly all my time.

I'll be getting to it throughout the week though.

As for the Oldies setlist of cars, they're almost done 👍 and I must say I'm loving them!! Mustang Mach 1 is hella fun and even without ABS, it has the best brakes of the group next to the Ferrari 512BB.

Ok, so i'm working on updating the OP with new tabs for the cars as opposed to text links. In the same fashion as the CR-X for the tuner shootout.

Also, I've been working on the Old School setlist a bit this week. and GRRRRR the Shelby GT350R is such a b*tch to tune hahaha but I'm slowly finding was around it. With that being said, I'm loving these old cars and I'll be making the Old School setlist one that is updated periodically with more old cars. Suggestions will be taken and considered but ultimately not every car will make that list.

ToscanaTarmac-4.jpg

Golf TR6
Volkswagen Golf VI R'10

GT Auto:
Oil Change : GT Auto Front A : GT Auto Rear A : GT Auto Wing A

Tale of the Tape:
500PP
351hp/6700rpm | 296ft-lb/5700rpm
1239kg
Model: Premium/DLC
Type: Touge

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood: Any
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Racing Exhaust
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo
Transmission: Stock - 6 Speed Close Ratio
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Center Differential
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Hard

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
6 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
5 - 11
16 - 25
10 - 14

Drivetrain:
25 - 75

Suspension:
Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 9.2/6.7
Damper Extension: 2/8
Damper Compression: 5/9
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/6
Camber: 1.8/1.6
Tow: -0.32/-0.12

Downforce
F - 0 : R - 18

Brakes:
7 - 8

Ballast:
0kg

After many hours on the Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT5 Touge tracks i have come to this setup.
I used a Stock Transmission when making this setup on the longer tracks but on the shorter, more tighter tracks the Close Ratio transmission comes into play.

Last edited:
I've been making new tabbed links with pictures for the cars while in class, hope you like them. looks better than simple colored text haha. So you get a clue as to what the car is before you click the link.

I've been making new tabbed links with pictures for the cars while in class, hope you like them. looks better than simple colored text haha. So you get a clue as to what the car is before you click the link.

Wow…:drool:

I particularly like that NSX banner. Looks like you were having fun there. :lol:

Though you could have added something like another little box in the banner that said [LotS Season 2 Winner] or whatever it was, rather than screwing up the neat layout with the actual text. But I'm not a photoshop expert, I don't even have it, so yea…

Back