United States
WrecklessAbandon
Tuner Deadline: February 11th, 23:59 PST
Tester Deadline: February 25th, 23:59 PST

Round 2
Tuner Deadline: March 3rd, 23:59 PST
Tester Deadline: March 10th, 23:59 PST

FITT.jpg

Welcome to my 400PP road car shootout, hope you have some fun.

Cars:
Must be 2 wheel drive.
No tuner, concept, race cars, or RM's are allowed.
4WD is not allowed.

Tires:
Comfort Soft.

Track(s):

Cars will be driven on the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife! :D
ring_map.jpg

Contest Specifics:
Tuners are allowed to enter as test drivers.
Tuners must place their car/tune on share, it does not matter who shares the car/tune, just that it is known who is hosting the shared car/tune, and all cars/tunes shared by the tuner submission deadline.
It is each contestant's job to ensure I have the proper PSN listed in post #2 for what PSN their own tune will be shared on, and drivers for what PSN they will be driving/testing with.
Power limiter is limited to 1%
Weight/ballast tuning is not allowed.
All cars entered must have at least 200 miles/322 kilometers.
Cars will be driven offline (cannot go online with a shared car:()
Grip reduction real, ABS as stated in tune, if not stated ABS:1 is considered default.
No Skid Recovery Force, Active Steering, or ASM for any cars, even if specified in tune.
Drivers must submit all times in one post, going back and updating as needed is perfectly fine. Please do not make multiple posts for multiple car/tune times.
While test drivers are free to start as soon as tunes/cars are available, test drivers are asked not to post any times until the tuning deadline has arrived.
If any test driver needs to post reviews earlier, they may PM me their review/times before deadline, in which case I will make their reviews post for them after the deadline. (I know from experience trying to remember or write everything down can be a serious pain:lol: )
Tuners may not change or alter their tunes once they are officially released, so if there's time before the deadline, and you're not sure your tune is ready, don't release it quite so fast.
Testers are allowed to start testing as soon as tunes are officially posted.

Friend Requests: It is everyone's responsibility to make sure they have adequate room on their friends list, if someone sends you a friend request and your list is full, the burden is yours to add them, or risk potential disqualification. I want to keep this fun for everyone, and waiting until the last minute to finally have the ability to test a car doesn't work out well for anyone.

Standardized rules
1) Each tuner may submit one car tune for the challenge.
2)There is a 400 PP limit on all cars.
3)Power Limiter is limited to 1%
4)Comfort soft tires only.
5)No Concepts, Race Modified, Race Cars, Rally cars, of any kind.
6)All car tunes must be submitted here no later than the deadline.
8)Test drivers have the responsibility to test all cars as the tuner writes them up, including all gear settings and LSD settings. The tuners must place the car on share or send it to the test drivers.
9)Tuners may enter as test drivers in this shootout.
10)The average of the drivers times will be used to determine the Shootout winner.
11)All drivers must submit valid times for all car tunes entered in the event here no later than the deadline, unfortunately drivers that cannot complete all tests by deadline will have to have their times removed, as partial testing will alter final results for some cars and not others.
13) While discussion of the various cars tunes and the methods drivers use in testing as well as their reviews of said car tunes is encouraged, anything viewed as a personal attack on either the car tuner or the driver/reviewer may constitute grounds for disqualification/removal from the contest. Discussion of anything related to the contest is highly encouraged. Personal attacks and bickering/flaming will not be tolerated as this curtails the enjoyment of the community as a whole and could lead to the moderators steping in and closing the contest down. This can be an enjoyable experience for all of us and a possible learning experience. Let's have fun and be respectful of others.

No bashing of tunes or drivers, if you're unhappy with a tune, feel free to say so in your write-up, also make sure to list why/what you dislike, in a friendly and courteous manner. If you are unhappy with a test time, you're welcome to say so in a friendly and courteous manner once. I will do my best to read each post as I usually do anyway, any post can be found, so there will be no need to repeat a complaint.
Back and forth bickering will not be tolerated, and will be reported immediately.

car_crashes_bmw_e36_m3_at_nordschleife_01.jpg

Prizes: (CSLACR not eligible)
Tuners - Fastest will be determined by the average laps of all test drivers.
Fastest total time: 1 prize from list.
Most fun car: 1 prize from list.

Testers - Total Time is combined time for all cars.
Fastest total time: 1 prize from list.
Fastest lap: 1 prize from list.

Prize List: (Special thanks to Milldrum for helping dish out some pretty nice prizes here, some I didn't even know existed :) )
1967,1970,1972, 1974, 2000, 2008, 2009, 2010
370z Acad, GTR acad '09, FT86 II Concept '11, NASCAR, Classic Muscle, Modern Muscle
Historic Rally, Rally Base
NEW: Send me any car and get it painted with a DLC color and returned in a beautiful new coat.
Any trade-able car, painted in the color of your choice. this includes DLC colors.

I reserve the right to change any details and deadlines of this contest at any time, though I have no plans to change the deadlines for any reason outside of major PSN outages, etc.

Last edited:
Round 2

Top 10 tuner entries, any drivers

All rules same as the first round, except as follows:
PP limit will be 420PP
The use of power limiter is limited to 5%.
Ballast is free to be added as pleased.
To tally the score for both rounds, round 1 will count as 50% for the top 10 tuners, round 2 will be the other 50%.
Example: 5th and 5th = Same as 4th and 6th, 7th and 3rd, etc.
Tiebreaker is outright fastest lap.

Tuners:
CSLACR - PSN: CSLACR
praiano63 - PSN: praiano63
CyKosis1973 - PSN: CyKosis1973
Onboy123- PSN: Onboy123
Jackthalad - PSN: CHRYSTALBUDS
Rotary Junkie - PSN: RoJJieE
Motor City Hami - PSN: MotorCtyHamilton
chuyler1 - PSN: chuyler1
Theo777 - PSN: Zigatan
Hermanvongerman - PSN: Jontank5
tris_73 - PSN: TRIS_73

Testers:

CSLACR - PSN: CSLACR
praiano63 - PSN: praiano63
mike_gt3 - PSN: GTP_Mike_Peperni
CyKosis1973 - PSN: CyKosis1973
Jackthalad - PSN: CHRYSTALBUDS
DigitalBaka - PSN: DigitalBaka
bypo - PSN: bipito
luv2drive - PSN: jeffj6767
ryangt - PSN: ryangt18
MrGrado - PSN: MrGrado

Last edited:
Of course. :)
Big ones. :D

A copy and paste from the Indy shootout pretty much, a stiffer PL limit, and no ballast this time.
Let me know if I missed something, it's getting late for my new early schedule. :yawn: :lol:

This'll be interesting. Gonna need to strike as good a balance as possible for the best result here.

Sign me up as a carp, please. :)

It's a good job I've bought so many Standards recently. Should find a good car for this.

I'm not sure about being tester, but tuner…erm…oh what the hell. Regardless however 🤬 a car I'll make, I'm in.

Call me a minnow...erhm...pike...no.....TUNA!!!:D

Last edited:
I've had a look through the car list and already drafted up a list of cars I think would do well to myself. Only managed to get 5 since I discounted FFs, seeing as I don't necessarily wanna deal with understeer and RWD will probably end up being faster.

Nissan Skyline HT 2000 Turbo RS (R30) '83
The other R30 has more power, but the extra weight means this thing wins over. With a little extra power this should well get the same result, and the overall stats are very well rounded. You have to put up with the horrific mirrors on it, but that should be of no concern to anyone looking for speed.

Mazda Savanna RX-7 GT-Limited (FC) '85
The GT-X would be good if it had more room for upgrades, but this has plenty of that, so it's good for me. Again, well-rounded stats, and as an added bonus, I already have one in my garage.

MG TF160 '03
Another good well rounder here. Not too concerned with the MR layout to be honest here, the MG does seem to be more lenient with its sliding in general for me.

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83
Another all-rounder, though slightly lighter and less powerful to start with than the others. With enough upgrades here though I might well be able to do it.

MG MGF '97
A less powerful, lighter version of the TF160 to start with, but the outcome shouldn't be a whole lot different. Still pretty well-rounded as well.

Note how I just have 3 '80s Japanese cars and the two MGs. There are a few ones around that are worth some mention but they all have just a few flaws between them that put me off them a little.

I'm quite surprised at the lack of any MX5s or S2000, to be honest. I've done enough odd and weird cars now, Imma building something quick this time. Or at least try to.

Sign me up to tune this time. Won't be able to commit enough time to properly test unfortunately.

Its not the range of PP i tune generally , so i will have to check a lot of cars. But count me as a tuner and test driver.
><(((((°> °°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I'm quite surprised at the lack of any MX5s or S2000, to be honest. I've done enough odd and weird cars now, Imma building something quick this time. Or at least try to.

Every MX-5/Miata/Eunos is eligible but I'm not interested in them and it would be impossible to choose between them. To be honest, I don't think they're quite powerful enough for me. No S2000 is below 400PP.

Every MX-5/Miata/Eunos is eligible but I'm not interested in them and it would be impossible to choose between them. To be honest, I don't think they're quite powerful enough for me. No S2000 is below 400PP.

High milers tend to have quite a bit of PP taken off, just need to look for one…

Sign me in as a Tuna.

Car is up on share in a few (I hope a 8:31 is good enuff) :P

raVer

An 8:31..!?!?!? What's the car..?? I may or may not have just sent you an add on PSN. Largely depends on whether your GTP and PSN are similar :sly:

{Cy}

PS - I'm 6 seconds off that, so I'm chalking you up as the better driver for now :mischievous:

EDIT:

Yes, it's a 'free for all' thing.

I might just not bother and retune my Punto for the CS tyres…

Punto Vs Pug revival..?? How confident are you on CS tyres?? :sly:

My Pug is on the back burner for now, I've some ideas on how to make it go quicker (like do a proper gearbox for it), but at the moment it's 11 seconds off my fastest car and there's probably 4 cars ahead off it that I have already...

I saw the thread title and immediately thought of the GT86. 💡 It just needs a little bit of ballast and some engine limiting to hit 400PP from 402PP. Then I saw this:

Power limiter is limited to 1%
Weight/ballast tuning is not allowed.

And realised a GT86 will only hit 401PP with 1% engine limiting. :( So instead I will send the next best thing, the Honda Insight. :D

Could you let Bob take the GT86 for a few Endurance races, stack up them miles, then not give it an oil change or engine overhaul?

Could you let Bob take the GT86 for a few Endurance races, stack up them miles, then not give it an oil change or engine overhaul?

I would have to have Bob do the Nurburgring 24h every day until the 10th of Feburary to do that. I'm not sure it's worth going to such lengths for a shootout. :lol:

Besides, the Insight will be fun. :D

An 8:31..!?!?!? What's the car..?? I may or may not have just sent you an add on PSN. Largely depends on whether your GTP and PSN are similar :sly:

{Cy}

PS - I'm 6 seconds off that, so I'm chalking you up as the better driver for now :mischievous:

EDIT:

Punto Vs Pug revival..?? How confident are you on CS tyres?? :sly:

My Pug is on the back burner for now, I've some ideas on how to make it go quicker (like do a proper gearbox for it), but at the moment it's 11 seconds off my fastest car and there's probably 4 cars ahead off it that I have already...

His PSN is TrackManiac56. :D

Not at all confident, sir. :lol:

Meh…my Punto hasn't seen much light either. And I'd probably just run an MX5 or MR2 anyway. I can't be arsed to find an oddball. Or……Toyota Prius vs Roj's Insight? :lol:

Intresting shootout , i am sure we will see the odd car surfacing for sure .
Sadly my knowledge of the ring is lacking so much i won't be entering but it will be fun to keep track of this .

Unless there is a price for slowest / most crashing testdriver :P , neh j/k good luck to all 👍

edit : Oh and if someone is looking for the odd car , poke me i might have a couple of untuned bagger rides collecting dust

Having some thoughts on what to use...think I've got a plan now let's see if I can find something to actually put it into action.:crazy:

Back