Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Onboy123
I'll take a look when I can. :D And how's your Carlton coming along?

Just about done. Just need to fine tune the tranny, and LSD, soooo in the next couple of days I think. How about yours?

Car on share now. Just remember it is far from finished

Just about done. Just need to fine tune the tranny, and LSD, soooo in the next couple of days I think. How about yours?

Car on share now. Just remember it is far from finished

Mine was started yesterday. It was running some kind of SSR7 drag racing gearbox geared for 250mph…but I forgot how I built it. :lol: The LSD is ok, sort of, but it still has a feeling that it will kill you if you don't listen. :lol: Suspension wise, there hasn't been much done, the rear's been softened and the front stiffened, and some camber here and toe there was been added, but the rest haven't been touched.

Wow, Onboy, you're taking a liking to Jaaaaaaaaaags lately, aren't ya? By the way, have you seen the X-factor yet?

Well, yes, but also for British cars in general like the DB9 and such. They're all on share, by the way, even the XJ220.

I haven't had time yet, too many of my own project cars are getting in the way, though Carl (;)) has had it's debut race with an experimental gearbox along with some more punch.

I'll give the X factor a spin some time tonight. 👍

Well, yes, but also for British cars in general like the DB9 and such. They're all on share, by the way, even the XJ220.

I haven't had time yet, too many of my own project cars are getting in the way, though Carl (;)) has had it's debut race with an experimental gearbox along with some more punch.

I'll give the X factor a spin some time tonight. 👍

Carl is in constant evolution, I like it.

Could you make a review of the X-factor when you drive it (and when you have the time)? It would be refreshing...:sly:

Guess either AC or raVer gets the XJ9 then.:lol:

@Onboy when you run "Niku's X-Factor" later also give my "Whitesnake" a go please and let me know how.bad a drifter it is.:drool:

Guess either AC or raVer gets the XJ9 then.:lol:

@Onboy when you run "Niku's X-Factor" later also give my "Whitesnake" a go please and let me know how.bad a drifter it is.:drool:

Yup. :D

Assuming life and homework doesn't get in the way, no problem. (Niku, I know you're older than me, so you should know more, so help me do my physics homework if you want the X factor reviewed. :lol:)
I'm just kidding, by the way.

Niku's X-Factor- The Mira's soul mate? Possibly…

Well, let's get straight to the point. This. Is. A. Blast. I haven't had so much fun in such a tiny car in a long time. The last time I drove a Daihatsu, it was a revised version of the Wallbanger favourite, that Mira monster. And this is every bit as bonkers as that little box on wheels. If anything, it's even more shocking to drive, in a good way.

The Mira was surprising because it drove like the rears were shot, slithering about at every slight kink in the road, even if it was a FF. This surprises you with the sheer grip. 50/50 power distribution and 206hp means that this microbe will not let go of the road without a hell of a fight, and only letting go when the narrow little wheels give up. But before they do, you'd honestly think you were on the racing slicks. (Which cost more than the car itself. :lol:)

I have no real complaints with this, as with the Mira, apart from the understeer which contrasts the Mira's love of crabbing through corners. I would think that, as a cure, you could simply add 0.20 of negative toe front and rear to help keep its nose in. But other than that, this is definitely up there with the garage favourite. A job well done. 👍

Well, let's get straight to the point. This. Is. A. Blast. I haven't had so much fun in such a tiny car in a long time. The last time I drove a Daihatsu, it was a revised version of the Wallbanger favourite, that Mira monster. And this is every bit as bonkers as that little box on wheels. If anything, it's even more shocking to drive, in a good way.

The Mira was surprising because it drove like the rears were shot, slithering about at every slight kink in the road, even if it was a FF. This surprises you with the sheer grip. 50/50 power distribution and 206hp means that this microbe will not let go of the road without a hell of a fight, and only letting go when the narrow little wheels give up. But before they do, you'd honestly think you were on the racing slicks. (Which cost more than the car itself. :lol:)

I have no real complaints with this, as with the Mira, apart from the understeer which contrasts the Mira's love of crabbing through corners. I would think that, as a cure, you could simply add 0.20 of negative toe front and rear to help keep its nose in. But other than that, this is definitely up there with the garage favourite. A job well done. 👍
Thanks for the great review Onboy.👍👍

I left it a bit tight with that hint of understeer to make it easier to control in rally on gravel and snow. If you have a loose car on tarmac you tend to get a lot of oversteer on the other surfaces. For best times there you want to be able to drive the course not drift them.:D

Cool review, my man.👍 The Niku factor made you a happy man, it seems...:) Too bad I suck at physics, Onboy, or I would help you as a present for the good job you've done. You gotta do a few more reviews when time allows (a bit like me, really...)

Cool review, my man.👍 The Niku factor made you a happy man, it seems...:) Too bad I suck at physics, Onboy, or I would help you as a present for the good job you've done. You gotta do a few more reviews when time allows (a bit like me, really...)

I've been doing reviews like that since my second post here, you'd think I'd know how to write a decent review by now, eh? :P

It's ok, got it done already. :lol: Anyway, I'll kill myself a bit more in the whitesnake tomorrow, I don't feel like being killed just yet. :lol:

Also, Niku, can you give my two new cars a spin and tell me how they're like? (Post it here so I don't suddenly get PM alerts midway through a class)

We ain't all anime geeks. :P Which one was that from? Or I'd that the Anime's name? I has no idea. :lol:

It's not actually an anime, but she's still more popular than most celebrities.

And besides which, you can't argue, because she's the Super GT300 champion.

...Well. When I say her...

scaled.php

It's actually a BMW Z4 GT3 made into her. But w/e.

It's also quite a shoo-in for this game

It's not actually an anime, but she's still more popular than most celebrities.

And besides which, you can't argue, because she's the Super GT300 champion.

...Well. When I say her...

scaled.php

It's actually a BMW Z4 GT3 made into her. But w/e.

It's also quite a shoo-in for this game

Oh..right. :lol:

So, forgive the slight sexism here, but a GIRL has won the Super GT?! What has this world come to?! :lol:

Looks good though, and I wouldn't mind seeing this in GT5 either.

I've been doing reviews like that since my second post here, you'd think I'd know how to write a decent review by now, eh? :P

It's ok, got it done already. :lol: Anyway, I'll kill myself a bit more in the whitesnake tomorrow, I don't feel like being killed just yet. :lol:

Also, Niku, can you give my two new cars a spin and tell me how they're like? (Post it here so I don't suddenly get PM alerts midway through a class)

Well, you already know my opinion on the Wolf, so that leaves the Jaaaaaaaaaag, I think. I did drive it for a while, and I liked it. It is a bit more loose than the Wolf, but nothing too severe. As I know that the modern XK is a good drifter (based on Clarkson's opinion:lol:) it is controlable when it goes sideways in a corner. A luxo grand tourer that can keep up with the best.

I'd have christened that Stor-age Space the Hatsune Niku if I were tuning it

And why would you do that, Mr. Zeta? Unless it is just a name pun, I can't get the idea.

It is the naming pun. It's Hatsune Miku to start with. :lol:

Very well done then, my friend.:lol: I never thought that Miku could actually get involved with my nickname:dopey: (I guess that the anime character that gave me inspiration could get involved into that pun, too...:lol:)

Hey Niku if you get a chance give my "Apex Predator" a run please. I've used it to win the Dream Car seasonal race at Spa and like the way it handles but would appreciate a second opinion.:D

Hey Niku if you get a chance give my "Apex Predator" a run please. I've used it to win the Dream Car seasonal race at Spa and like the way it handles but would appreciate a second opinion.:D

I'll try it tommorow, if I can, and then I'll give my opinion. No worries.👍:sly:

I'll try it tommorow, if I can, and then I'll give my opinion. No worries.👍:sly:

Oi, be fair. :P No massive post for him and tiny 2 sentences for me, you've been slacking off recently. :lol:

I kid, I kid. Obviously. :P

Anyway…to make this post have some worth, I'll soon be moving my Euro expedition away from the British cars and, in doing so, introduce some new manufactures to the garage. So that's something I'm rather happy to announce. :D

Also, the Dragon's big brother is in development (Yes Niku, an even more powerful dragon, which probably wouldn't kill you as easily) and there's also some ideas about a Scooby Impreza coming about…

Oh, and I need some ideas here. I want to do something crazy again, like the Esprit, I'm thinking an epically high powered FR with an N/A engine…any hints?

Oi, be fair. :P No massive post for him and tiny 2 sentences for me, you've been slacking off recently. :lol:

I kid, I kid. Obviously. :P

Anyway…to make this post have some worth, I'll soon be moving my Euro expedition away from the British cars and, in doing so, introduce some new manufactures to the garage. So that's something I'm rather happy to announce. :D

Also, the Dragon's big brother is in development (Yes Niku, an even more powerful dragon, which probably wouldn't kill you as easily) and there's also some ideas about a Scooby Impreza coming about…

Oh, and I need some ideas here. I want to do something crazy again, like the Esprit, I'm thinking an epically high powered FR with an N/A engine…any hints?

Oh, sorry, I need to make something more informative, school takes a lot of my time, please don't count those sentences as reviews.:nervous::dopey: Anyway, another Dragon!?:scared: OMG OMG OMG OMG....:dopey: As for the new FR project, I can only think one car:

S2000 (clap,clap,clap), S2000 (clap, clap, clap)!

In the meantime, here is a improved opinion of:

The Wolf

Well, to start, allow me to say: Godamm, this is pretty. I love Aston's car design, so this one buys me already. I don't mind the Bling rims, they look neat after all. But what about driving? Well, that is the main reason to have this. This a GT that you can throw around corners and it won't slide away like a Monaro, a very steady wolf indeed. Take it to the mountains (Trial Mountains, of course) and you will be convinced. This one is a blast to drive on that type of courses because it behaves like a proper Sports GT car. In comparo with the DB9, it is far more sharper and precise, faster without scares. Almost like a DBS version, I say. And that ain't wrong at all. Hey, James Bond! Forget the missiles and get this Aston. It may not include Martinis, but it can give you a great thrill.

And:

The underdog (Jag XK '10)

Ah, the good ol' Jag XK. Not a bad car by any means, but I would opt for a Granturismo any day. The Jag is a bit too rough around the edges for my liking. How did the underdog do with my driving? Not bad, really. It is a bit more loose than the Wolf, so expect more slidin' around corners. It does throw a bit of luxury out of the window, so it is more graceful and less boaty. In overall perfomance, it loses out to the Wolf, but you can still enjoy a drive in this car. A sharper XK that can still pamper you with leather? You bet your pretty pounds, people! Another good Jag from the Outlaws garage.

Back