Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled-1.png

Rom1.jpg

Text:
While it may not be the fastest car to drive around the circuits one thing is certain ... its among the most fun to drive cars I've driven in GT5.

The Oversteer warning wasn't a joke though. You smoke around almost any corner and yet the Stratos never really feels out of control - The right amount of countersteer will always keep it on the Track and guarantee you face exactly into the direction of the next straight. It is a very controllable kind of "Drifty"/"Oversteery" thing. The only thing you have to look out for are those low speed hairpin corners. The Stratos doesn't like those and accelerating out of em might send you spinning if you don't have a firm grasp on its leash.

One very strange thing i noticed driving this one around different Circuits was the Fact that it isn't affected by the Status of the Tires at all ... or rather that my Times kept getting better as my Tires degraded.
It might be me or my driving style combined with the Car but my Times improved as my Tires descended into the Red. :dunce:

Times:
Grand Valley - 2'00.492

P.S. Would love to see a fully flashed out Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 from you guys

Last edited:
Review for review? :sly:
Not until I find time to actually drive my own cars more than once a week. :P

But yes, the Elise is a real jack of all trades when it comes to cornering - no matter what you throw at it it'll just do it without any drama whatsoever. Its only real drawback is the power which limits its use somewhat, I wouldn't take it to Nürburgring for example because it'll get killed on the long straights. oh well, I guess the handling has to have its countering force.

Jill - Welcome among the ones that have stopped lurking and begun posting instead! 👍 When I first saw your time I thought "damn, that's fast". Half a second faster than my effort on the banner to be exact and I was right on the limits during that run. :odd: Then it occurred to me that the car was tuned with the 1.xx physics and we now have the 2.xx in effect so back to GVS it was... and lo and behold, the clock stopped at 1'59,646. :dopey: This is a car that has really benefitted from the physics change, it hasn't lost its personality but it's now actually manageable unlike back in the day when it was built. And the sound upgrade has done its job too - when the Dino V6 lets rip with both pipes at full blare there's no denying that Ferrari knows how to make engines.

I'll deliver that Mazda in the near future, a good suspension setup already exists but it has to be adapted for the heavily beefed up performance.

I will review the Car of Tomorrow '10, one of Greycap's older cars but a setup that is excellent to this day.
Keeping in mind that the car was meant for Indianapolis we'll test it there first, then at my favourite track, Spa-Francorchamps.
Indianapolis 0:45.038 (no slipstream)
Spa-Francorchamps 2:21.053 (cautious lap, could do better)
It performs as advertised and is an excellent car for grinding that race.
But, this car surprised me with its excellent handling. I feels as if it had 150 kilos less than it really has and is, in my opinion, the best all-rounder NASCAR tune there is.
In return Greycap, make a 1200 Beetle (the DLC one) go as fast as you can while still keeping the handling smooth and buttery. If you don't have Car Pack 3 then make a Lotus Elise '96 RM tune with similar characteristics.

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - RTL Racing '10

922 bhp, 1382 Nm, 930 kg, PP 733
Painted in a colourful livery

I have read in the description that this car was tuned to the v1.06 physics.. would it be still, as it says, predictable, even on our current v2.05 physics?

title2.png

Tokyo%20R246.jpg

it took me FOREVER to get this thing it just didnt pop up in the UCD x_X

Handling/First Impression:
Deja Vu ... Feels a lot like the AE86 (compared to mine). You can floor the gas once you entered the corner and adjust the heading with simple countersteer. Its damn hard to get this one to spin out if you dont try it deliberately. Heck its so stable i did a 180° turn on the straight and drove it in reverse for a while (Tokyo R246 - did another 180° at the end and continued normaly).

Speed:
Not too shabby. While you most likely wont win against an X2010 or something like that you will probably have a decent chance against many of the 70's and 80's Sportscars.

Verdict:
This car is a lot of fun to drive if you like to smoke around corners. Unlike the Stratos i reviewed earlier it feels much more stable and is a lot easier to drive. That can be both good and bad depending on your personal preferences. If you feel like taking on a challenge try the Stratos but if you just wanna enjoy driving without having to worry about spin outs i got a feeling you will love this car.

Times:
Grand Valley Speedway - 2:03,821

screenies.png

@Greycap
Update on my Time with the Stratos: 1:59,411

Last edited:
Ford RS200 Evolution '85

534 bhp, 540 Nm, 980 kg, PP 585

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Comfort / Sports / Racing Hard / Medium / Soft / Dirt / Snow Tyres

Overall cost: a lot

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 15 / 25

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.781
2nd: 1.880
3rd: 1.460
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.975

Max speed: 270 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5 / 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 10 / 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5 / 5

Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 20 / 80

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -15 / -15
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 5.5 / 7.5
Dampers (Extension): 9 / 7
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 / -0.25

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 4 / 6

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Perhaps the most advanced Group B car of them all, the Ford RS200 was the only model designed from the ground up to compete against the hot hatches on steroids fielded by Peugeot, Lancia and the rest. Sadly it was destined to leave the arena without ever being able to show its true abilities and a planned Evolution model stayed on the drawing boards.

Fortunately we can now get an idea about how it could have performed. More than a hundred extra horses are added to the herd and the handling has been fine tuned to use them effectively. The real rally versions had torque split options of 0/100, 33/67 and 50/50 but a value of 20/80 seems to give the best balance between manoeuvrability and traction on grippy surfaces. Even though the car has a very remarkable weight distribution of 50/50 the spring rates are staggered to adjust the balance during cornering, it's slightly understeery by nature so things had to be helped. The result of all the fiddling is a car that almost feels like it would have been wasted on gravel - there's a serious track racer hiding under the rally car shell.

Yes, all tyres listed although the time was done on Racing Softs. Because it can take them all without complaining.

Peugeot 205 T16 Evolution II'86

501 bhp, 537 Nm, 910 kg, PP 582

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

Overall cost: Can be won from an event or bought from the UCD.

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 15 / 35

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.294
2nd: 2.183
3rd: 1.566
4th: 1.188
5th: 0.953
Final Gear: 4.100

Max speed: 260 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 30 / 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20 / 10
Braking Sensitivity: 5 / 5

Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 40 / 60

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -30 / -30
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.0 / 6.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.40 / -0.40

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 2 / 5

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

It's small, loud, sports more sponsor stickers than your average NASCAR commercial and is built to take punishment and destroy special stage records. Despite of the humble roots, the 205 T16 Evolution II has nothing to be ashamed of. This tiny french is a true monster of a machine even amongst others of its era, and no matter what elements mother nature threw at it, it emerged victorious, further cementing the legend of Flying Finns who piloted it through narrow forest roads and curvy alp routes.

title2.png

Tokyo%20R246.jpg

it took me FOREVER to get this thing it just didnt pop up in the UCD x_X

Handling/First Impression:
Deja Vu ... Feels a lot like the AE86 (compared to mine). You can floor the gas once you entered the corner and adjust the heading with simple countersteer. Its damn hard to get this one to spin out if you dont try it deliberately. Heck its so stable i did a 180° turn on the straight and drove it in reverse for a while (Tokyo R246 - did another 180° at the end and continued normaly).

Speed:
Not too shabby. While you most likely wont win against an X2010 or something like that you will probably have a decent chance against many of the 70's and 80's Sportscars.

Verdict:
This car is a lot of fun to drive if you like to smoke around corners. Unlike the Stratos i reviewed earlier it feels much more stable and is a lot easier to drive. That can be both good and bad depending on your personal preferences. If you feel like taking on a challenge try the Stratos but if you just wanna enjoy driving without having to worry about spin outs i got a feeling you will love this car.

Times:
Grand Valley Speedway - 2:03,821

screenies.png

Thanks for the review. I see that you enjoyed of my birthday car as much as I did, and instinctively in the manner it was meant to be driven. :D Well done! Feel free to PM request, and sorry that replying to your review took a while.

Borna12345 - It's been a while since the CoT has been taken for a spin! It's a bit of a miracle how I managed to get the car so right, especially because it was made to do nothing but grind Indy and yet, as you say, excels just about everywhere. Not to mention that it also works on the 2011 models just as well if not better. And your Beetle... am I allowed to say that I'm going nuts with it?

NascarManiaco99 - I believe it would, if anything the new physics have made cars handle in a more composed way than they did with the old ones.

I know it's a bit of a trollcar but I couldn't resist sice the old Beetles are one of my favourite cars. Can't wait to see what will you do with the transmission, that's the 2nd trickiest part. I assume it's the suspension driving you crazy?

It's not so much the suspension itself, the car handles pretty well - it just doesn't want to stay on four wheels. Every corner has to be taken with care to not let the rear break loose because if it does, there's a very high risk of getting the entire thing on two wheels and inevitably losing control. And there doesn't seem to be anything that can cure it other than lower grip tyres or a different driving technique so I'll advice on using the latter. The transmission, well, it's a choice between getting a good start off the line or getting good acceleration out of corners. Guess which ability is needed more during a race and you'll know which I picked...

It's difficult to find an appropriate pair for that monster. Speed 12 maybe.. We shall see.

True to my word in that other thread, review of MX-5 coming up :)

I haven't done it already right? I've tried so many of your tunes I can't remember which I have reviewed and which I haven't :P

Anyway, the car stock is already a fairly nippy thing, but with your tune on, it darts into corners quicker than a... oh I'm not good with analogies on the spot :P Quicker than a... a... *sigh* Never mind, you know what I mean :lol: It's composed mid-corner, and will take a fair thrashing if you plant the power wayyyy too early like I did, it'll happily wag its tail on corner exit but it won't kill you. Which is nice to know :)

The gearing's tight and there's a good constant pull from the engine whatever the revs, not explosively fast, but certainly fast enough for its PP.

Your tunes do seem to work wonders on B-spec Bobs too, my bob dispatched cars of a similar and higher PP's in B-spec, something which my bob refused to do in one of my other cars... A rather tragically dented front bumper was the result though. B-SPEC BOB Y U NO OVERTAKE? :lol:

Great tune once again from the Finns :) 👍

(You and Greycap now both owe me reviews :lol: I suppose its less time consuming than taking a request right? :P I'm kidding, do it when you have time, there's no rush :))

Oh and is it just me or have you re-classed several tunes from Advanced to Intermediate?

Last edited:
I have two ready setups, one for 1. M-B 190E 2.5 16v Evolution and another one for full power Buick GNX. Those who recognize their orders, send the cars to me or contact me and I'll send the setups to your direction.

cat-shrek.jpg

Can we have more reviews, please?

Nope. :P No one's getting any reviews, so we're now all equal. :lol:

Deal with the scilence for another week or two, when my schedule allows for it, I'll drive some of the newer stuff. 👍

cat-shrek.jpg

Hey, Leo, does this count as a review? :)

Chevy Corvette ZR-1 by Leonidae

Ah, I forgot speaking about this here ride. I, as is well known, love the 'Vette ZR-1 of the 21st century, but I always thought it could use some improvement. So, I turned to Leo for a improved version, with some extra fizz and a better handling, in order to surprise a few Euro richboys in their Mercs. So, did I surprise them?

Yes, I did. The power factor is even bigger, with over 700 hp out of the supercharged V8 small block. You can't go wrong with extra power in a American car, you know. It looks even more agressive than usual, with the black colour and the mean rims. But what I wanted was a better handler, not just a mean looking car. But this 'Vette IS a better handler.

The speed you get out of this is mad as you could guess, but the way this badboy does a corner is the maddest thing about the car. Apart from some minor wheelspin on lower gears, it sticks pretty well to the road, and since you have extra power, you can pull out of corners even faster, if you control the steering well. I'm pretty happy with the way this car turned out, because it's a well done improvement of a already great ride. Thank you, MFT!

cat-shrek.jpg

Volkswagen Scirocco R-GT'10

351 bhp, 422 Nm, 1169 kg, PP 499
Painted in Greencollection Perleffekt from Volkswagen

Clickable for full size
I had to take this baby to the green hell again and again...
It's a really nice setup for FF car.
It grips, it turns and goes fast, what more do you want from a car, except it didn't take the spot from my heart from your Honda Integra Type RS'04(what is close to retirement kilometers).
The Scirocco is nice and composed, you can shift early and it doesn't really matter since the torgue is on so wide range.
I think the only proplem with it is that it's too "lazy", you don't get the same feel as you do with the integra.
Try it!! I did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back