Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and is it just me or have you re-classed several tunes from Advanced to Intermediate?
Definitely just you. Not a single one has been touched, ever. :odd:

Oh and QB1o, seeing that this is supposed to be our playground you really shouldn't be posting that Crossfire but we'll let it ride as it's a MFT setup by heart. Having said that we'd really appreciate you fine tuning the setup sheet to look like a "real" setup post - if necessary, I'll provide you with the base sheet with all the formatting already included.

The sort of car that works with a Web meme: Mitsu FTO Ralliart by Leo

Ok, we have a FTO to work with today, this one being a red hot chilli pepper. And no, I'm not just saying this to please music fans. We have a V6 engine, a striking red paint, 300-plus hp, and less than a ton of weight. Hum, sounds like quite the recipe...

And, since this is a MFT car, you can guess the "cook" knows his stuff. And as a result, the car itself is great. You know the Spoon Integra? Ok, it's kinda like that. And considering that is a fantastic car, this one feels like it can give it a run for his money. It's a very precise ride, and grip can be found just about everywhere. Sometimes there is understeer, but a nice throttle control can solve that issue. It's quite nimble and feels very light, but then again, it does weigh under a ton, which is quite the lightweight. Speed is very good too, and the V6 engine can rev quite a lot. In fact, it revs over 9000 rpm! No, I'm not doing that. No way, Jose. I'm not saying that! Anyway, this ride is a great FF car, the odd choice has become the RIGHT choice. I'm not sure if this would be Ralliart's project, more like the mad Ralliart's project. The Italian project. But never mind that, make sure you give this one a spin, you won't be dissapointed.

By the way, how much can the V6 engine rev again?

Ah damm, I can't avoid it...

Oh dear.. :lol: You, Sir, deserve a internet cookies for that one. :D It did come out rather nicely indeed, it had potential back in GT4 and it seems still have that same magic that made it so wonderful to drive for an overpowered FF coupe.

Oh dear.. :lol: You, Sir, deserve a internet cookies for that one. :D It did come out rather nicely indeed, it had potential back in GT4 and it seems still have that same magic that made it so wonderful to drive for an overpowered FF coupe.

Thanks for the cookie, sir.👍 Glad you enjoyed it as much as I had driving the car.

Amuse S2000 R1 Titan '04

361 bhp, 312 Nm, 1120 kg, PP 515
Painted in New Formula Red from Amuse

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Rays Volk Racing CE28N, finished in AMG Monza grau magno from Mercedes-Benz
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Fully Customizable Transmission
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: around 200.000 Cr

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.183
2nd: 2.200
3rd: 1.715
4th: 1.400
5th: 1.185
6th: 1.000
Final Gear: 4.100

Max speed: 310 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.0 / 7.0
Dampers (Extension): 6 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 / 2
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5 / 5

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Yes, we're still alive. More specifically I've been alive for 26 years and a couple of hours and that's the main reason I'm presenting my favourite tuner car in the entire game.

It's actually almost embarrasing to look at the setup, it's so simple but that's what happens when tuning a car that is nearly perfectly balanced to begin with. I wanted more power though and now the engine is producing as much power as it can without artificial aspiration - and it does it with style. Trying to improve what Amuse had done isn't a small task but it was possible, turning the handling beast into an outright handling monster that can beat the living daylight out of cars twice its power by obeying every wish the driver might have and sometimes even acting like it knew what's to come next. I don't know if a car with no vices exists but I believe this is as close as I can ever get.

Opera Performance S2330'04

330 bhp, 288 Nm, 920 kg, PP 515
Painted in Standard Opera livery from Opera Performance

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei RP03, finished in white from Enkei
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.297
2nd: 2.316
3rd: 1.775
4th: 1.420
5th: 1.180
6th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.900

Max speed: 280 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 25
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -25 / -25
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.0 / 5.5
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 3
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.25 / 0.35

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 2 / 5

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Opera Performance was already known for their wicked quick time attack Hondas when they challenged us to improve their creation. At first, the task was daunting, but somehow we managed to pull it off. This particular version has 70 extra bhp from that lovely F20, and we managed to scrape off 10kg by replacing the windows with plexiglass. In addition the car was lowered by an inch, and with additional adjustments to suspension geometry and differential, as well as changing the transmission gear ratios, we pushed the already formidable trackday weapon even further. While it's not such a loose cannon as it's pair from Amuse, it will still give average drivers a fair chance of fending off more powerful opponents.

Last edited:
Ok, sorry for the double post, but somehow I forgot to do this. Feel free to deliver a E-biatch slap, if you need to.

French cheese, Type R version: Renault Lutecia 2.0 by Leo

Ok, we have a Renault Clio\Lutecia today. This car is not a bad hot hatch in stock guise, but it can use some improvement. And MFT gave it to the car. This car is meant, on Leo's words, to make a Civic Type-R run away with its white tail between its legs. But looking at the specs, this should be a disaster! I mean, 280 hp? Less than a ton of weight? FF traction? It should be horrible!

But somehow, the crazy Finn managed to make this one of the best hot hatches I have ever driven. It has uncanny levels of grip. And the best part? There is no understeer, or oversteer, or any word that ends in "steer" that would mean this car's handling would suck! It feels so neutral, I have no doubt it would school a V6 Clio on corners! The V6 would tailslide all over the place, while this would corner like a boss.

And the speed? Awe-inspiring. The accel is so quick, I could blink and the car would be hitting the limiter already. And if you put on the Hot hatch race, you will be leaving your rivals on the dust, and by the second lap, nothing will be seen in your rear mirror, except for good looking scenery.

It is a amazing car, this here. It manages its immense power in a smooth manner, giving you enough confidence to tackle those corners. It can smoke a Type R with ease, I have no doubt about that...

Mazda MX-5 ClubSport'07

Hello Finns

I have been driving this car of yours around Tsukuba for the 4 hour endurance race, and it was a really great ride. Of course there was not much in the way of competition, but this tune made the four hours fly by very fast.

It handles fantastically and looks great as well. After the endurance race, I just wanted to keep on driving it. It handles very well under braking and it is a joy to dive into a corner and then roar out the other side.

I am now going to try your other tunes. thanks

Will

Mazda MX-5 ClubSport'07

Hello Finns

I have been driving this car of yours around Tsukuba for the 4 hour endurance race, and it was a really great ride. Of course there was not much in the way of competition, but this tune made the four hours fly by very fast.

It handles fantastically and looks great as well. After the endurance race, I just wanted to keep on driving it. It handles very well under braking and it is a joy to dive into a corner and then roar out the other side.

I am now going to try your other tunes. thanks

Will

Good to hear that our tune helped you completing that race! And welcome to GTP! As MFT's policy says, review equals request of tune for any car you might think of, just shoot me a private message and let me know what car and what specifications it should have and I'll get to work.

Good to hear that our tune helped you completing that race! And welcome to GTP! As MFT's policy says, review equals request of tune for any car you might think of, just shoot me a private message and let me know what car and what specifications it should have and I'll get to work.

Thank you for the offer, but that's ok - I don't want to trouble you. I will be trying out more of your tunes though. I think I will try the Honda S2000 next, and then maybe the NSX.

Oh, it's no trouble at all. We've done so since 2007, it's the way we do things. But, in case you can't think of anything, it's fine. :)

titl3.png

nurburg.png

Handling/First Impression:
Another Round of Oversteery fun on the track. The same kind of controlled oversteer you guys seem to aim for in a lot of your tunes. I like that.

Speed:
A bit of a downer at least for me. Did test this one vs. my own RX-7 ('90 Premium model) and it didnt fair well tbh. While it has far superior horsepower and just a tad more weight it just didnt translate as well to the track. It felt a tad too soapy / loose in the chicanes and understeers a bit too much for my tastes in the high speed segments.

Verdict:
It's not always about speed and this car is fun to drive - thats good enough for me.

P.S.: i know it was tuned by Leonidae ... but could i get a tune by greycap anyway ? No offense but i recently took a look at my old gt4 garage and saw my Nismo Skyline R32 ... turns out it was greycaps tune i used so many years ago and i would love to get his take on the Nismo R32 in gt5 (well not exactly his but its too close to be a coincidence) :P

Last edited:
Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 PAE '89

424 bhp, 458 Nm, 1315 kg, PP 500

Ok here goes my very first review of your cars...

The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 is nice car to drive stock. But lacks power...
So once I had tuned my VR-4 to PAE I took it out to GVS.

Now with the engine tuned to produce 400+ hp it lacks no power nor torq. Gearing is good and keeps rpm high right where the horses are.

Handling is good and precise and cornering goes with far less understeer. Understeer is still there when you enter corners a bit too fast.

Alas a fun car to drive and moreover stable
GVS: 2:06.156

Damn !

I already had the pictures and the review ready :grumpy: just waiting for the pin ... too late :(

I think yes it was good. :)

Tomorrow I will upload pictures and set everything.

As greycap isn't much online in this thread (I think), next I will try a Leon tune ? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back