Hybrid in GT4 ^_^, save game & code in the 1st post

• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 1,161 comments
Death Scythe, I can't make your save to work. But I found a gamesave that work, I forget the link but it belong to 'Z'.

Now I can make hybrid for NTSC version too, since I already found the base address for it. I intend to post it today but accidently delete it.

I'm gonna try your code now suca.BTW,i was just thinking,would you like a clean save with all cars untouched?I mean,we have that code,the full garage one,it would fill up the garage with all the cars of the game.What do you think?

Suca,i'm sorry,but i couldn't find any difference in the game using your code.
But,i'm also not quite sure about what i'm trying to find here,can you tell me?
And suca,do you think it is possible to keep the G numbers at 0,so the cockpit camera doesn't swing that much?

And one last thing suca.You say that you can change drivetrain,you've done it before,but the car was corrupted.Could you do it again,but making that car the one selected?Just to see if that's driveable lol.

Scythe,we tryed that in the early days if hybriding(check the first pages).I would also love having cars with no wings,but it ains't possible,since the code aind't for the specific wing,but a generic code,the same for all cars that activates the correspondent wing on a certain car.

What i don't know if it is possible,is to create a code to disable it,to disable the wing code.

I just found out something weird in that car list you have there suca.In nstc list there's a Honda Dual Note and an Acura DN-X,wich are the same car,but in different badges.Weird is that we PAL don't have that DN-X.
I'm trying to figure more cars like that,they have only one car less than us,i'm thinking that maybe they have some hidden cars.

I'm a little confused at the moment i'll try to figure out what's going on here.
The alfa GT,that supposidly is a PAL exclusive car is on both lists.Same with audi le mans quattro,auto union.Even the esso ultraflo,wich ain't for sure in the ntsc version is on both lists!

Nissan 180sx doesn't exists in PAL GT4(it's the 200sx,the fast back version,Version X in the game),but it is on the list.
It exists too in the nstc version,wich means you can have both turbo and supercharged version(i think) of the fastback S13...Lucky bastards...I gotta have the ntsc version.

They have the infinity G20,wich is the american version of the primera.They also have the Hyundai turibon GT,one of the korean hidden cars.

---
I found a comparison program,i'm running it and posting the differencies between them.

Pal version has 2 versions of a dihatsu car,the mira and the cuore.The NSTC only has the mira.Same to sirion and storia.NSTC only has the storia.
NTSC version has 2 versions of both 88 and 03 accord.PAL only has 1.
PAL version has 5 extra Honda HONDA S2000(yes,it is written like this lol),Besides the right named ones.NSTC doesn't has them,and has a 04 model wich the PAL doesn't have.
PAL version has the Fit and Jazz honda model.NSTC only has the fit version.
NSTC version has the hyundai turibon GT and the coupe fx(european name for the turibon).the infiniti G20(the american primera),and G35 coupe and sedan are also in the nstc version.PAL has only the G35 Sedan.
PAl version has the mazda2.NSTC doesn't.
NSTC doens't have the MAZDA 6 MPS.Both games have the MAzdaspeed atenza,even tough i don't recall seeing one in PAL version.
Both versions have both eunos and mx-5(in nstc they're mx5 miata) versions of cars.There's also mazda roadster,wich i believe is another name for the mx5.
Mitsubishi 3000Gt SR in PAL is SL in NTSC.
NTSC version lacks the 200sx and 200sx (S14),and the PAL version lacks the 240sx and 240sx(s14).Yet both have the 180sx type wich,at least in PAL,i have never seen rolling.
NSTC has the 350z concept race car.PAL has the fairlady Z concept race car,but NSTC has it too.
Both versions have the primeras.
NSTC has the scion xA and xB.Pal has them as toyota BB and other car i can't recall the name.And NSTC has them too.
NSTC has the versions of 02 and 99 MR2 spyder.Pal doesn't.They both have the MR-S versions.
PAL has all the yaris,wich are the european name for the Toyota Vitz.
PAl has all the vauxhalls,wich are the opel cars in UK.

That's it.In the end,what i really miss is the 240sx...
Seems like the so called unique pal cars are in both games,but maybe they're hidden in the Ntsc

What i really could use now was a korean car list...

Scythe,we tryed that in the early days if hybriding(check the first pages).I would also love having cars with no wings,but it ains't possible,since the code aind't for the specific wing,but a generic code,the same for all cars that activates the correspondent wing on a certain car.

What i don't know if it is possible,is to create a code to disable it,to disable the wing code.

well, thats what I was thinking of when I saw the pics back then. looks like the code forced a wing on the car that wasn't supposed to be there - like a wing code for a Mazda Demio, take that code and apply it to another car - and the wing code for the demio (for example) is applied to the current car (saleen s7, for example), should allow for downforce adjustments (i think, dunno). however, the wing would not be aligned to the new car since the wing code is from another code (diff, wing model so the offsets different too).

what I was wondering, if a car w/ no wing mod has the value @ FFFFFFFF for no wing equipped/default, or maybe diff values - could be beneficial for hybriding purposes: example, take a wing code from a car w/ stock f/r downforce adjustments - but you can't put a wing on it. apply it to another car and BAAM you now have the downforce adjustments, and no parkbench on the trunklid (the range of adjustment should be the same as the original car the wing code came from). however, if its FFFFFFFF then it probably gets its adjustment values from the car body data itself (ala gt3 hybriding).

maybe you can make a non-wingable(even a word?) car into a wingable, kidna how you make a non-rally car go rally in gt3? (think f1 car in rally tracks).

although figuring that out should come later on after we get everything else identified and rock solid (missing codes, etc...).

suca, I have the ntsc game copied onto my hd, I also have ps2dis on it - is there anything I should look for in the elf file? I tried poking around, but couldn't find anything useful (trying to look @ how it accesses the memory card for encryption purposes, but couldn't find much usefull).

EDIT: Found something browsing ps2savetools.com, its a gt4 replay reader - maybe that can give us a hint on the savegame encryption? dunno if its the same/similar format but whatever.

-l8r

I think it gets the data from the car itself.I think i get what you mean there,but in our tries,that wouldn't happen.I reckon the FFFFFFF means 0(i suck at coding),right?I think 0 means stock,and each car has a specific stock setting,even tough the code to activate it is the same for all.

What i think is that maybe he can disable them,but that ain't going to be so easy as trading parts.We have to hide them.And i'm sure that takes hard coding.
But i really think it is possible.

ok, I have a savegame ready, ntsc version - it has the following cars (couldn't find my old one)
-in order #1-#6

Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91
Honda TODAY G '85
Mitsubushi MINICA DANGAN '89
Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00
Nissan Silvia K's (S13) '88
Mine's Skyline GT-R N1 V-spec '00

-As you can assume, I supplied doner cars and transplantees (sp?) lol,
A Honda Today G w/ a 195hp jolt from a Prelude h22 sounds fun, maybe
a awd Minica Dangan w/ 500-ish hp, or a good old Silvia w/ a Skyline rb26dett under the hood. Lemme know what you can work with, I'll try n play w/ the save myself (think I saw some addresses a few pages back).

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2m4mdj4tmi
-thanks for that link, mediafire is tha shizzle lol

Damn, I feel dumb. I saw that you had uploaded a NTSC game save and installed SharkPort and got it working(apparently the PS2 disc doesn't work in the slim PS2, but it works in my big PS2, in which GT4 and other DVD games don't work, arg!), did the whole game save swap and all, then tested it, only to find that the cars were regular...I misread your post as hybrids you had made, and was about to tell you that they didn't work.

:dunce:

Well atleast I'm set up for testing whatever NTSC hybrid saves you guys come up with. Can you throw in a MazdaSpeed 6 engine into the MX-Crossport, so that it would actually be a CX-7? ;)

Good work sorting the car list PlayGuy :) 👍, I just not familiar enough with many car name to do it properly. I should be able to transfer NTSC body to PAL after I write down what value used in NTSC.

About gamesave, I currently have both NTSC and PAL version with all cars that never been used, they contain rare car too so gamesave is not a problem anymore.

The ARMAX code I posted before should equip the car with wing only when the checking address contain spesific value. It seems the address shown by emulator a bit inconsistent, I guess this means hybrid using ARMAX still have a long way to go.

About cockpit camera, I still have no luck finding the G variable.

I will try to create save with changed drivetrain again, I will post it later today.

About wing, if we enter value that GT4 do not understand, it will crash. So creating non wing code is not possible. Stock car or race car do not have wing code. Minimum downforce should be placed somewhere around suspension setting.

For downforce adjustment availability, is there any car that can't be equipped with wing and also do not have downforce adjustment? Nardo is one of them?

About finding info from elf file, I don't know. I usually use debugger to find something.

About GT4 replay reader, I don't know if I can learn something from it. I think the application writer should be capable of decoding GT4 gamesave encryption too.

This is my first attempt for NTSC hybrid, contain only 4 modified car. I hope all car works.
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1532977/NTSC_4_car.max.html

woohoo, I'mma test the ntsc save you uploaded. I'll have some results (hopefully soon). I wonder what you changed, I guess I'll find out in about 15min. just got it on my memcard, looks wierd - I'm used to the 1.49MB files, this one is roughly 1/2 the size. I'll load it up on my memory card to see what happens.

EDIT: Testing now...
1st try - game locks up @ autoload =/ w/ memory card in slot 1
2nd try - memory card slot 2, 2player loading screen.
works!!! kinda, I can only select the 1st car, the 99 silvia /w the wierd suspension settings. looks like its launching w/ slicks and 1200hp (but at a stand still). the other cars can't be selected, game complains @ me =/ (insert memory w/ correct data, says the card was switched).
it actually won't let me use cars 2-4, the 517hp mitsu minica, the 263hp amuse s2k r1 (kinda wanted to try that one), and a 446hp suzuki gsxr/4, everything else in the save (so far can be used #1 car, and cars #4 and on).
the silvia works, kinda, the suspension feels ridiculously stiff, car seems like a test anyways - looks funny in the replay. good stuff, some progress being made here.

(cliff)notes:
-1st car works, s15 silvia, extremely dropped rear, extremely raised front, very stiff suspension. only works when using 2player mode, and selecting the garage from memory card slot2
-cars 2, 3 and 4, cannot be selected (also the only other cars driven), seems car driven #1 and all other cars NOT driven can be selected via 2player mode (in memory card slot 2).
-loading game from memory card 1 @ start freezes @ autoload
-starting game w/ no card in, then going into gt mode w/ the card in slot1 freezes game about 1/2 way
-when going 2player mode, card in slot2, trying to access cars 2-4 says error about "memory card changed, insert card with original data in slot 2", I got errors like this when I tried messing w/ the "garage" section of the savegame file back in the day - I think it has to do with some missing data in the garage file - its 543KB, should be 1.2MB in size. the whole savegame should be just under 1.495MB in size. The ntsc save I dl'd was 780KB in size, so its missing the rest of the file (specifically the garage section is missing data, hence the reason the game locks up)
-I'mma try and find a spare memory card I have somewhere so I can experiment w/ buying the 4 hybrids from the memory card into a "fresh" game.

And I had a save all setup:(, oh well I guess. Can I request some cars then?
Here is what I wanted to see,

Subaru 360 with a Suzuki MR Wagon Sport engine

VW Beetle 1100 with a RUF RGT engine

Mitsubishi i with a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII MR GSR engine

Suzuki GSX-R/4 with a Citroen Xsara Rally car engine

All I want are some engine swaps, then I can mod the cars like normal.

Edit:
I have his save too, you want to see who's faster:sly:.

Edit2:
I saw that too, it's only 790KB. I tried to load it and it froze at the loading screen:(.

well suca, atleast it somewhat works - the savegame I posted up earlier on mediafire was in armax .max format, I just tested the link again and it works - 1.45mb file, loads up in my ps2. I'm not going to make any requests, just put up what you can for testing purposes - however, that 500hp Mitsu Minica sounds tempting lol, make it the #1 car for the next savegame =P wonder. I'll hrow up a codebreaker format also (what I'm currently using, since my armax disc is being a... uhh... female poodle... at the moment).

reguardless, just check that the savegame is 1495KB (xport .xps format) 1488 (armax .max format) or close to it
os2 save builder internal size info (ntsc/pal identical in size):
gamedata - 232 KB
garage - 1.22 MB (your earlier savegame was 543 KB here, missing data mayb?)
icon.sys - 964 bytes
icon0.ico - 9.56 KB

angelcreator, yeah it works - only if you put that savegame in slot2 and load it up from arcade/2player mode and select it on slot2 - the silvia works, cars 2,3 n 4 won't load - the garage data is 1/2 missing corrupting the savegame. just read my notes on it and you'll see what I mean.

the savegame I posted has 8 cars I think, all stock and a crapload of money - for testing purposes - all the cars in the save I posted are stock, its also ntsc not pal.

The gamesave from Death Scythe halts the emulator.

See if this work properly, I miss some byte when copying previously, include 400hp GSXR and 400hp minica, also S2k with double wing:
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1533356/NTSC_4_car2.max.html

Death Scythe, I use PS2savebuilder too, and I will keep try to make it works.

Do the silvia has R34 engine noise?

Edit: Please try this file too, smaller but I hope works better
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1533447/NTSC_4_car2_small.max.html

And here is another PAL gamesave, contain an FR Ka, supposed to be free to race Autounion, and 64hp motorwagen. the first 4 car is hybrid.
I you can please try both save.

http://d.turboupload.com/d/1533652/PAL_4_car_small.max.html
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1533659/PAL_4_car.max.html

Suca,i just tried your save game file,and the KA and the R8 don't work.The Auto union and Carriage are working fine.
The auto union doesn't work in any track besides the nurburing and test track.But it sure has the floating wing...looks funny lol
Now,the really surprise here was the carriage.It worked,and it is pretty fun to drive!It reaches 175 miles per hour with a 163 PS engine lol.It rocks,altough it is a little hard to control.

videos are coming later

The rest,even the stock cars,are corrupted.
I've been thinking about a way to extract saves from the memory card without gettin the file corrupted,and i came to this thought.What if the emulator could handle USB drives?If it could,then we just had to boot AR MAx in the emulator,copy the file to the usb,and it would be ready for uploading,and i'm almost sure that it wouldn't be corrupted.The problem is that i don't think pcsx2 has that support.

But i'm gonna search about this.

Didn't found anything relevant,seems that plugins for usb and external HDD ain't done yet.

But i relized something.The cars that weren't touched in the save(the ones with no history),work.Suca,do you have to select the car to hybridate it?If you don't,try to leave the cars untouched(history wise lol) in the next save,ok?

I would love to see how carriage run, I reduce it's height too :).

the Ka and R8 use different drive train, is it just coincidence that it don't work too? I only modify and use 4 car in those save game file, the rest of already used car (ride history 4 to 44) is from the original save game that I use.

Yes, too bad there is not working USB plugin yet for PCSX2.

I'll try to modify car then never been used today.

I guess we feel the same way opendriver19a. I never experience the fun for real too, still don't have the chance to test it yet. But seeing the hybrid work still make me happy :).

BTW, Death Scythe, I can't make your gamesave works even after trying many configuration. I guess I am lucky I can find gamesave that works for NTSC.

BTW, Death Scythe, I can't make your gamesave works even after trying many configuration. I guess I am lucky I can find gamesave that works for NTSC.

hmm, wierd - I'll try and upload it in a few diff. formats, I'm switching to the codebreaker cbs extension. maybe its a pcsx2 problem dealing with .max saves? I read somewhere that you basically have to unpack the savegame (directory + files) and create a .iso image and do some other stuff to get it to work in pcsx2? I switched back to my old save (same one I uploaded) and it worked fine, hmm - try downloading some ntsc saves from GameFAQs.com, they have a few ntsc (and pal) saves with tons of cash and all cars, etc... in various formats. in the meantime, I'll try ur ntsc v2, and v2 small and see if I get any results.

wow. I say again. wow. that suzuki is nasty! I tuned it @ the shop (set the suspension to a "non-sub-plow" height and and ended up @ 667hp and sub600kg weight. I tested it in the suzuki concept car race against other gsxr/4's and basically lapped everyone atleast once! I'd say this was a successful hybrid! and quite drivable, I had to use ss race tires, but hey - hybriding comes @ its price!!! w/o nitrous it tops out @ 260mph (because of wind drag, gonna try n tune the downforce/suspension + maybe squeeze to try and hit 300+mph).

(edit)the nsx, seems normal, it needed a oil-change something fierce. that explains the wierd(laggy?) power delivery, suca - did you touch the silver '90 nsx?

The other 2 hybrids, the silvia and the minica couldn't load - says gamesave corrupted - I kinds figured so since the save size is still 500-600kb short of some data in the garage section. however the save loads FINE in slot1 like normal, and saves normally as well (gonna try save n reload to try n save the other 2 cars). With my savegame, I think I left the autosave on and forgot to turn off the intro - I'll reupload one w/ those turned off (I turned them off after I uploaded the original one and forgot about it).

so, with some final notes: that gsx-r/4 owns. definitely come a long ways so far - keep up the good work suca n the others. (goes back to destroy..err...more testing against the cpu cars w/ the gsx-r/4 hybrid)

ps. suca, try n see if you can export a savegame w/ the gamedata @ 232kb and the garage section @ 1.22mb in size, that should work perfectly w/o corruption problems

edit: yeah, I threw a pic of the beast up (w/ some minor mods - diff wing n wheels).

-l8r

Attachments

• IMG0001 (Large).JPG
    IMG0001 (Large).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 163
Death Scythe
wow. I say again. wow. that suzuki is nasty! I tuned it @ the shop (set the suspension to a "non-sub-plow" height and and ended up @ 667hp and sub600kg weight.

:drool:, I will have to try that. Now it make's 400hp stock? Is that right?
If so that mean I could but it to my other card and beat cars like the R92CP:mischievous:.

:drool:, I will have to try that. Now it make's 400hp stock? Is that right?
If so that mean I could but it to my other card and beat cars like the R92CP:mischievous:.

yep, in the ntsc savegame #2 (not the small one)- its about 450-ish "stock" (the real gsx-r/4 was like 180-ish stock), you might wanna reset the suspension n start from there, as the "hybridded" suspension settings are set @ uber-low-rider mode (aka: not very drivable). so far, fastest I got it up to (for now) was 297mph, top of 6th (lol, hey suca - try n throw a adjustable 7-speed plz 💡). the nitrous for the suzuki is pretty good, adjustable up to 100 (vs, 30 or 50 for other "super" cars, might be a good address to remember). other quick specs, pulls like a bat outta hell, 1/4 (400m) in 8.8sec (quick try, just to get a # down), after oil change - went from 667hp to 701!!!

Death Scythe
after oil change - went from 667hp to 701!!!

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
I will try it tonite.

Edit:
I tried it and all I have to say is this,

:DI LOVE IT:D

I was only using a DS2 controller(have a DFP, would have been faster),
but I got a 57.5xx on Midfield Raceway, with more time left. The best
I have ever got with the normal car on that track is a 1'04.xxx:drool:.

I was just surfing around and came across some important info on HOW the gt4 savegame is (possibly) encrypted: MagicGate, its sony's encryption method for just a lot of stuff (not only ps2, but psp, memory sticks, etc...). The de/encryption method is out there, but I guess you need a key to do it. I'll see if I can find out some info on it.

OK, does anyone here have a PS3, and a hybridded GT4 game save they want to share. I just got the converter thing today and I transfered my GT3 hybrid save and everything works fine. Now all someone has to do is make a .PSV editor for GT4 stuff and we are set!

Death Scythe
I was just surfing around and came across some important info on HOW the gt4 savegame is (possibly) encrypted: MagicGate, its sony's encryption method for just a lot of stuff (not only ps2, but psp, memory sticks, etc...). The de/encryption method is out there, but I guess you need a key to do it. I'll see if I can find out some info on it.

That is a good find, if you find a way to remove the encryption than maybe
a program like the one for GT3 could be made.

Just tried the save, got the GSX-R/4 to run a 7.991 at Vegas 1/4. That's with racing tires, 701hp, nitrous, TCS at 4(tested from 0-6 and 4 put the most power to the ground), racing trans set to auto 25 and a 4.000 final drive...the gears used are 3rd and 4th, those are set to 1.550 and 1.090 respectively. racing flywheel and clutch, wieght stage 3, stock suspension and removed that ricer wing. ;)

Also got the car up to 328mph with nitrous...it'll go faster, I didn't try very hard, and with the unlimited nitrous code I'd expect around 350-360mph, it was still pulling good at 320mph. Also, judging by how it pulls with nitrous, I'd say that the nitrous is a percentage upgrade just like the others, and not a standard 100hp or whatever you set it at. In 5th when I hit my "100 shot", it was almost enough additional power to get the R5s spinning at around 200mph.

And yes, the other 2 hybrids don't work, and trading the GSX onto my other memory card removes its hybridedness.

MazKid
and trading the GSX onto my other memory card removes its hybridedness.

Yes I tried this too, and it worked just it did for you. This make's me sad:(.
That's why I would to see if a hybrid with a different engine might work.

Glad you all like the GSXR :).

Death Scythe, the way I transfer the gamesave to PCSX2 is by extracting the gamesave using PS2Builder, I think different gamesave format won't matter.

Thanks for the info about MagicGate :), I will try to find more information about it.

About corruption, I think it is the bug of PCSX2 version that I use, and unfortunately I can't run the latest version. I have to use beta 0.9 on my computer. PAL gamesave also has the same problem. I currently trying to figure out how to overcome the problem.

About non transferable hybrid, I think when we transfer the car between card, the game do not copy suspension setting too.

This is another NTSC gamesave, contain uselessly strong Oddysey (I hope it isn't corrupt).

file:
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1542738/NTSC_10_car.max.html

Please give comment on how do you feel about the current suspension setting too.

And Death Scythe, can you test this NTSC code? this suppose to make your front end bouncy.
RAW:
20A18996 00003333
20A18998 00003333

ARMAX?:
2MH0-MBTU-6ECTH
0KJ8-KVT6-6KKJ9
1NW9-E3G5-6MBFX

Back