Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,323 comments
Here's my new toy:

canon20ef2070200mm20120fl2.gif

a Canon EF 70-200MM F/4L. It's currently in the hands of FedEx (:nervous:) but should be in my hands by the end of the week. :D I'm planning to take it to Brands for the BTCC on the 30th.

I officially hate you with a vengeance..

I wish I could afford an F lens of any kind...

It wasn't actually a purchase, it was a gift from my girlfriend but I really liked it:

copocheiolo3.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have any Coke at home last night to fill it up. :(

MSI's GeForce 8800GT OC with 512MB. Great deal through Newegg for $189.99 after rebate. It should be here today since I got it overnighted but I might not have placed the order in time last night so I might have to wait to Thursday. Now all I need to do is ditch my god awful 19" monitor for a 23".

14-127-329-02.jpg

14-127-329-03.jpg

Oh and in case anyone else wants to capitalize on this awesome deal which is good till 31/3/08:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127329

Nice, is that the IS or non-IS version? I myself have been looking at the 70-200F/4 IS one.

It's the non-IS version, I can't afford the IS version and to be honest much of the shooting I'll be doing will be with a fast shutter or some sort of support anyway. A good monopod is next on my shopping list. 👍

20060425220409_880+charger.jpg

Regular price: $250
Amazon's marked down price: $150
Add a dash of Coupon Code: $100
And a sprinkle of tax, shipping and handling: $105.99
Getting the wife to agree that this is a "need" - priceless!

A remote for damn near everything in my entertainment center. 👍

To watch a DVD, it'll turn on the TV and receiver and change them to the right inputs and turn on the DVD player by pushing 1 button. As I add more components I get more complaints that it's too difficult to run. This should stop that. ;)

Key word - should.

TB
20060425220409_880+charger.jpg

Regular price: $250
Amazon's marked down price: $150
Add a dash of Coupon Code: $100
And a sprinkle of tax, shipping and handling: $105.99
Getting the wife to agree that this is a "need" - priceless!

That's cool! Great price. I picked up a Harmony Remote before logitech bought Harmony out and started stamping their name on it. It's a good product. Does it still offer website based programming via USB?

That's cool! Great price. I picked up a Harmony Remote before logitech bought Harmony out and started stamping their name on it. It's a good product. Does it still offer website based programming via USB?
Indeed it does. I had this same model (Logitech Harmony 880, btw) about a year ago but my TV wasn't supported then. I'm hoping that has changed. *fingers crossed*

Very nice! I really need to reprogram my remote and start using it again. About a year ago when I got my PS3/360/Wii my entire system's configuration changed and I never updated the remote. I actually simplified the system by using a auto sensing A/V switch for my consoles so they all go into one input on my receiver. It works pretty slick and in turn would make the Harmony programming simpler and more effective.

Is that a charging base for the remote?

Is that a charging base for the remote?
Correct again. :D

We usually leave the remotes on the back of the couch (it's up against a wall) so it was nice to just leave the base there and never have to worry about the remote going dead. It was a great remote for the week I had it, but as Vizio's were then too new, nothing went to the right input so back to BestBuy it went. Everything else worked perfectly, just not the TV. Needless to say a $250 remote that doesn't do everything you ask it to just isn't acceptable.

Again, I'm very much hoping that Vizio's are covered now or I'm getting a mark next to my name in my wife's "He screwed up again" book. :P

MSI's GeForce 8800GT OC with 512MB. Great deal through Newegg for $189.99 after rebate. It should be here today since I got it overnighted but I might not have placed the order in time last night so I might have to wait to Thursday. Now all I need to do is ditch my god awful 19" monitor for a 23".

*snip

Oh and in case anyone else wants to capitalize on this awesome deal which is good till 31/3/08:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127329

I was looking at the same one. Very nice purchase, should be well worth it.

How does that remote work with your cable or sat. system?
Chew on this for a while - I haven't had cable for over 9 years and I've never had satellite. :eek:

Add to that shocker that in the last 5 years I've gone from a VCR to record TV shows to a TiVo Series 1 (now dead) to a Series 2 (single tuner SD in the bedroom) to a Series 3 (2 tuner HD in the living room) - all with only 5 channels. Now with HD it's up to a staggering 10, not including the doubled up SD and HD channels. Granted, 4 PBS stations all playing the same thing just at different times technically shouldn't count. :lol:

All that technology just to record LOST in HD. Worth it? Hell yes. :D

I was looking at the same one. Very nice purchase, should be well worth it.

I'm dying to get it, I have a crappy 6600 right now and it just isn't good. I just checked newegg and it's been shipped and is expected to arrive at my office tomorrow before noon. I love overnight shipping.

Finally got one huh Beerz. Awesome, it'll make photo editing in general way easier, exponentially better.

I can't wait to see what kind of stuff you put out now with that tablet.

TB
Correct again. :D

We usually leave the remotes on the back of the couch (it's up against a wall) so it was nice to just leave the base there and never have to worry about the remote going dead. It was a great remote for the week I had it, but as Vizio's were then too new, nothing went to the right input so back to BestBuy it went. Everything else worked perfectly, just not the TV. Needless to say a $250 remote that doesn't do everything you ask it to just isn't acceptable.

Again, I'm very much hoping that Vizio's are covered now or I'm getting a mark next to my name in my wife's "He screwed up again" book. :P

:lol: I have a lot of marks next to my name.....

Who would have ever thought that I would have my PS3 and home computers running off a private wireless internet connection? I was a bit intimidated at the store wondering if I really could get this thing hooked up properly. In the end it was a piece of cake. It’s awesome to have a bunch of computer geeks out there to make my life easy.

5138632318aa8492a77fs3.jpg

I still need to buy a router for my PS3 to use internet, and some games would help too. I'll post those things when I get 'em.

Who would have ever thought that I would have my PS3 and home computers running off a private wireless internet connection? I was a bit intimidated at the store wondering if I really could get this thing hooked up properly. In the end it was a piece of cake. It’s awesome to have a bunch of computer geeks out there to make my life easy.
I have my house wireless as well, but I still have an issue with NAT 3 over the wireless. Hard wired to the modem is fine, I just need to find the magic setting on the router. :grumpy:

Back