A glimpse what GT5 could become?

• Thread starter LANDO
  • 121 comments
Amazing - just looks real.

In 5 to 10 years time games will be like this - as the computers will be able to cope.

So what is this generated by computers? Is this using GT5 engine?

Read the text above the images.

Koenigsegg CCX. In-game model by Gran Turismo 5 standards. Done by blueprints and huge amount of photos. Poly budget: 192 449 triangles. Textures: in total diffuse,
normal bump and specular less than 2048x2048 each. Only in-game textures were used. Only normal bump - no displacement. Part of photo reference

OK I'm not a Tech guy. The video is amazing,is this what we may expect in GT5? If so PD take all the time you need. Please let the game look like that video.

Oooh wow, very stunning. I have a feeling though that GT5 will be the same graphics as GT5:P.

Polycount might be similar, but reflections and lighting are above GT standard.
Also stuff like LOD is very different, while this Koenigsegg here has the same detailed cockpit as you would it expect from an in-car view while playing, in GT the cockpits are a lot less detailed while the car gets "filmed" from the outside.
I think this here was just made from a very talented person who likes Gran Turismo.
This is NOT an indication of what GT5 will look, the only indication we have is Prologue and i dont think GT5 will look better.

@ GT ACE

Maybe Koenigsegg will be included in GT5?!

This koenigsegg looks much better than the cars GT5P. the lighting effects are too precise for gt5p graphics, but maybe is this the way to drive a koenigsegg in the next GT?!

What do u mean with LOD?

LOD=Level of detail, the closer you get to an object, the more details it gets.
Like in the replays, cars in the background have a lot less details like your own (the one where the camera is focused on).

That's great!! That means 2 things: Games will look like this some day and we'll have Koenigsegg in GT5!! :dunce:
It's logical to have it, because it says: "In-game model by Gran Turismo 5 standards" and "photo reference for in-game Koenigsegg CCX", you'll see the second one sentence if you go to "Part of photo reference".

Last edited:
OH MAN!!! NOW THATS SOME GOOD STUFF TO WATCH!!:drool: Hopefully GT5 will be exacly like this, and if so PD can take all the time needed LOL! Never saw such details before, coz pratecly (dont remember the word exacly:ouch:...) i cant tell the diference if its real or not. Fantastic graphics:) Im pretty happy has GT5 prologue turned out to be, so any time PD:crazy:

I pretty much knew the answer to this already, but I actually emailed the company to see if they had anything to do with PD or Sony. What caught my attention was the video style used in the Koenigsegg video is very similar to the style used in GT5p. Here's what they said though...quite interesting:

"Hello Corey

We are not working for Polyphony Digital, we sent them this as proposal on dvd to the office with
a very competitive price, and also included model of Koenigsegg in Maya format, but they not replied.
I am sure that they understood that our models better than their's, but probably Sony not allow them
outsource graphic content.

Yury Rybakov
Director
Proper Graphics PUE"

You own me new pair of underwear.

It says GT5 Standards. So meaning GT5 have the same car model graphics and poligon count. Right?

You own me new pair of underwear.

It says GT5 Standards. So meaning GT5 have the same car model graphics and poligon count. Right?

Yep, the poly counts the same. Although it take more processing power than the PS3 has to render to that standard at 60Hz

Yes they can have better reflections, better AA, better lightning, resolution. ETC ETC... PC has almost unlimited power. But its good to know GT5 and Prologue has same POLY count.

I really hope GT5 Goes 720P so we can fit better AA, reflections, etc.. but oh well.

No with 720p you dont get this feeling for distance, 1080p is almost a must imo.

And again: This is no indication of how GT5 will look, neither a hint for the car!
I also find their e-mail very arrogant. I dont want to know how long it took them to make it and i also wouldnt 'outsource' a multi million dollar project just for a nice 3D model, not to mention that all already made content wouldve to be redone.

Only true indication of how GT5 will look like is just turn on GT5Prologue. Kaz himself said its a preview of full game, and what graphics are to be expected.

And you might be right, 1080p gives better feeling of distance. I was just playing GT4 on SD TV and it's not the same. So I'll take it back! lol

To be honest it looks great but I think it is too glossy, to much perfect reflective surfaces and too many filters that would mean even if PD did decide to use the model it wouldn't look like that in game (assuming the poly and other counts were within the range PD uses for GT5).

Was the video rendered in real time like GT5 has to be? No.

OH MAN!!! NOW THATS SOME GOOD STUFF TO WATCH!!:drool: Hopefully GT5 will be exacly like this, and if so PD can take all the time needed LOL! Never saw such details before, coz pratecly (dont remember the word exacly:ouch:...) i cant tell the diference if its real or not. Fantastic graphics:) Im pretty happy has GT5 prologue turned out to be, so any time PD:crazy:

Yeah then we will get GT5 with the PS6 and not with the ps4... :ouch:

I really hope that next generation consoles ( PS4 & Xbox"720" ) will provide graphics like this in 1080P 60fps. I'm quite confident, by 2011 hardware should be both capable and cheap enough to provide this kind of awesomeness. Tbh, can't wait :drool:

Back