GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
As there is no news and we're being "forced" to discuss blue flags and all sorts of trivial nonsense in general is there someone somewhere who somehow knows anything about GT5 which we don't yet, or more realistically when any new info can be expected?

:grumpy::boggled:;)

There was a delay. They went back to work. Of course there's no news. We were supposed to be in the lead up to the launch of the game, so they'll be saving any of the details planned to be released in that phase of marketing, when we get back to that phase.

You can't force GT, or news about it.

Kaz knows a bit about it.

Well, then we'd have something to talk about, kind of answering your own question.

There was a delay. They went back to work. Of course there's no news. We were supposed to be in the lead up to the launch of the game, so they'll be saving any of the details planned to be released in that phase of marketing, when we get back to that phase.

You can't force GT, or news about it.

Okay fair enough, stupid questions require stupid answers :lol:

I was just hoping someone knew about an event somewhere in the near future ( games/ car show ) where new info could be expected :indiff:.

I just looked through the booth features and sessions on sony's GDC website

http://playstationatgdc.eventnewscenter.com

and did not find a trace of anything PD, KY or GT related lol. Doesn't mean we won't hear anything but eh. There's a lot of GOW III stuff going on, other upcoming games so it's depressing.

Perhaps they will add more as we close in on GDC.

Okay fair enough, stupid questions require stupid answers :lol:

I was just hoping someone knew about an event somewhere in the near future ( games/ car show ) where new info could be expected :indiff:.

We're all in the same boat bro.

desert_boat-sm.jpg

I just looked through the booth features and sessions on sony's GDC website

http://playstationatgdc.eventnewscenter.com

and did not find a trace of anything PD, KY or GT related lol. Doesn't mean we won't hear anything but eh. There's a lot of GOW III stuff going on, other upcoming games so it's depressing.

Perhaps they will add more as we close in on GDC.

I think PD is rarely listed by themselves. Usually they are part of Sony so they won't show up on any lists.

I haven't seen these images before:

24q0scp.jpg

10rsihl.jpg

2d8ndk3.jpg

I thought the last one was a night racing pic, but it's not

The first 2 pictures are obviously from TGS09, but I haven't seen the last one... looks pretty like a night racing scene from replay cam angle! (wishful thinking :drool:) or is it just because of my screen's brightness not matching the picture? I'm using my laptop connected to my LCDTV to read at the moment. :P the last picture looks pretty dark from what I'm seeing.

Gran Turismo 5 wasn't listed at GamesCom either but it did show up.. but I don't think we'll see GT5 in GDC. E3 is more likely .

Why not? I think it would be very stupid from Sony and also from PD to not show anything or not give any kind of news in a BIG event, when they have planned a first release of the game in March (just to not accomplish it).
And also when they said: release date for EU soon (or something like that)... :crazy:

I'm :ill: about how marketing works in Sony 👎

The screens are all from TGS09 and they all show the Tokyo track. The last one just shows a part of the track, where the trees cast shadowes onto the road and the car, so it looks as if the screens show some night racing.

The screens are all from TGS09 and they all show the Tokyo track. The last one just shows a part of the track, where the trees cast shadowes onto the road and the car, so it looks as if the screens show some night racing.

No wonder, thanks for clearing things up. 👍

I bet we DO will hear SOMETHING about Gran Turismo at GDC.
Otherwise it would be like... 5 months without any news?
even last year was a lot less quiet.
And this year is supposed to be the launch year of Gran Turismo so...

Grr I really have a love-hate relationship with Gran Turismo.

Another video from the Osaka Auto Messe 2010 - On Fuji vs the Data Logger ghost

if you listen closely, you can make out the new improved throbby V8 sound of the Lexus IS-F :)
And the new improved grass and dirt around the curbs etc
The guy playing is a pretty experienced GT5 Prologue player and he still spun out, but he did manage to hold that drift a lot longer than I have in the GT5 Time trial with a wheel, maybe things have improved there tyre model wise. That's with the traction control on, as indicated by the HUD. According to Tiff Needell the IS-F is pretty oversteer happy :D
Though he did run over the dirt section just before the back end came out, which may have coated the tyres enough to reduce grip

February 13 at the Osaka Auto Messe went to Sun's play GT5. Shame shame on driving behavior is what I felt like GT Academy. I then introduced for other events here!

[YOUTUBEHD]NfXoX-UCGRc[/YOUTUBEHD]

gt5osakaautomesse.jpg

---

HD video from TGS '09 - has 1080p option on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCj0-1VJFjc

Just 10 FT-86 in the race. Quality is good enough to see the details.
The collision is funny, the driving is bad, and the tyre wall gets smacked at the end :dunce:

Sexy reflections on the building windows and stuff!
[YOUTUBEHD]CCj0-1VJFjc[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited:
The guy playing is a pretty experienced GT5 Prologue player and he still spun out, but he did manage to hold that drift a lot longer than I have in the GT5 Time trial with a wheel, maybe things have improved there tyre model wise.

He looks like me with the TT demo. :scared:

gt5osakaautomesse.jpg

---

HD video from TGS '09 - has 1080p option on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCj0-1VJFjc

Just 10 FT-86 in the race. Quality is good enough to see the details.
The collision is funny, the driving is bad, and the tyre wall gets smacked at the end :dunce:

Sexy reflections on the building windows and stuff!
[YOUTUBEHD]CCj0-1VJFjc[/YOUTUBEHD]

Look closer at 0:50 AI car jumped off when hit a wall!!! That shows that we can expect rollover in GT5!!!!

Last edited:
Back