[Gran Turismo 5 @ E3 2010] (SEE POST 1!: New Vids, Pics, Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 6,706 comments
Even if the standard cars will have cockpit view I won't drive them, because adding cockpit view doesn't make them less ugly. That's just my opinion though. :)

Darin Gangi from InsideSimRacing tv is the only competent journalist who can clear this question, he had an interview with PD and he promised to ask them about the controversial standard cockpits. I will try to contact him

Darin Gangi from InsideSimRacing tv is the only competent journalist who can clear this question, he had an interview with PD and he promised to ask them about the controversial standard cockpits. I will try to contact him

meh i don't agree.

Last edited:
Its been a question mark regaurding cockpit view on standard cars, with some indication that they would not have it. Mainly because they won't have modeled interiors.

This has blurred the line between interiors and cockpit view.

Nothing has been established definitively at this point on the cockpit view.

Photo from standard cars trailer.
1z3pllc.png

Its been a question mark regaurding cockpit view on standard cars, with some indication that they would not have it. Mainly because they won't have modeled interiors.

This has blurred the line between interiors and cockpit view.

Nothing has been established definitively at this point on the cockpit view.

Yea thats why we need to wait for GameCom announcement, they also need to show the New GT world mode.

Well I have just read the info on the official GT website and GT5 sounds and looks like it has an insane level of features and detail. Awesome if you ask me!

Photo from standard cars trailer.

That picture looks as terrible as the infamous Peugeot Le Mans screen cap. I don't know if its something to do with specifically with those cars but it still looks like a bad PS2 model and so does the Bentley shot above.

As for the cockpits for standard cars, I want to believe that its now confirmed true but with so much conflicting information (KY said there isnt) I wont really believe any of it until I see some pics. It still doesnt make up for the fact they ported 80% of the game!

Seriously, all this could be put to bed with one screen cap of a standard cars dashboard but there seems to not be one out there!

Robin.

theres no problem for PDhere The game still under development/.
Even if its game is out Pd will fix it easily via patch.

Has anyone noticed the way the head-tracking currently works in GT5??:confused:
It's like, it's not really working at all, until you turn your head way to the side and then it just sort of flicks to the left or right in a predetermined manner, like a look-to-the-side button would do!:irked:
That frankly sucks.đź‘Ž
I'd like it to work real-time and all the time, like the TrackIR thing for example, if it's going to stay like this, you might as well just have buttons for that.:grumpy: (and you won't have to part with your money for an useless gadget)

example: GRID with TrackIR

Has anyone noticed the way the head-tracking currently works in GT5??:confused:
It's like, it's not really working at all, until you turn your head way to the side and then it just sort of flicks to the left or right in a predetermined manner, like a look-to-the-side button would do!:irked:
That frankly sucks.đź‘Ž
I'd like it to work real-time and all the time, like the TrackIR thing for example, if it's going to stay like this, you might as well just have buttons for that.:grumpy: (and you won't have to part with your money for an useless gadget)

there are some reports the bright lights at the show was freaking out the PS Eye, and it needs to be properly calibrated to the person using it, which is hard to do in a rush at the E3

I had a comprehensive post, but my laptop ate it. God I hate these things.

Anyway, speedfreak69, there are videos out there with demonstrations of the progressive nature of the Facetracking with the PSEye - try to find a vid where the PSEye is in shot. A recent vid was shown where the driver kept looking left by accident (palming the wheel, hitting the D-pad, most likely)

wajdi1977 - I think it's SSR5

I don't really understand that feature, if I look left then I'm looking at my wall not the TV anyways.

I have track-ir. For every degree you look left in real life, in-game your head moves 5 degrees for example. 45 degrees in real life is about looking back in-game with my track-ir settings.

Back