Comparison "Rome track" and real-life

• Thread starter McGti
  • 43 comments
The obelisk was a decoy in my opinion. It was there only to show that the track was located somewhere in the historical center of Rome. I've researched on the subject and there weren't any at the end of a long straight like in Rome Night.

obelisks.jpg

The Obelisk in GT2 Rome Night was located about where the Altare della Patria is in GT5 Rome Track. Maybe it was some kind of "placeholder" because at the time the guys at PD couldn't properly model it, or didn't have time to.

All seems very plausible. Nice pic, brings back memories :crazy:

I'm hoping, then, that the version of Rome seen so far is incomplete, since the scenery doesn't seem to extend very far beyond the reaches of the "new" circuit.

I just hope it's more fun to drive then the horrific Hong Kong track in GT4.

City tracks are fun to see but in my experience not usually that much fun to race on in a game.

I used to think the same, but once you get used to it it's flawless and very funny to drive. The same applies to Opera Paris, awesome track, hopefully it's in again.

Thanks for the pics. They always do good job. GT is about realism and they do better job than other racing sim ;) Here is London track comparison and it also looks good.

It was a horrible and stupid idea to just change the layout of Rome Circuit.
I want the old one back.

Or at least find out if the Rome we see is a Short version...

I loved the Rome Night layout, and would be more than happy to get a GT5 updated version of it.

As far as city circuits, id prefer real circuits, like Surfers Paradise, Long Beach etc.

Last edited:
Best city track in GT4 was a New York for me...

not really... but i like every track in GT. ik love narrow street circuits. like Costa Di Almafi, Citta Di Aria, George Paris, Opera Paris, Rome circuit (Old), Hong Kong.

i like to battle for a place on this tracks. When you have no space for overtaking but still need to do it on a fair way. i just love that.

Citta di Aria was the track i drove the most in GT4. I also mastered it with a Subaru WRX and dominated the computer car in the challenge that was actually much faster than mine XD by about 10 to 20 seconds.

I'm really really hoping that track is in GT5, or for dlc or something!

i really love the second picture of one of the straights of the track. i remember seeing an accident just there when i was to rome once. a vespa was hit in the back by a car in front of a pedestrian crossing. great city.

...and ill be looking forward to driving on the rome track at gamescom, to see if the plastered roads behave like they should. cause they are pretty low grip.

i really love the second picture of one of the straights of the track. i remember seeing an accident just there when i was to rome once. a vespa was hit in the back by a car in front of a pedestrian crossing. great city.

...and ill be looking forward to driving on the rome track at gamescom, to see if the plastered roads behave like they should. cause they are pretty low grip.

Spaghettimonste, in future please use the "Edit" button if you want to add something to a previous post. Double-posting isn't held in high regard here on GTP.

Maybe they could do a 'classic collection' with the old Rome tracks updated and merged with the new one. I'd actually like to see most the old tracks return!

Back