GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
The recent GTPlanet/RaceSimCentral GT5 interview clarifies better and confirms that the 70+ count is for actually unique courses, excluding variations such as short versions or reverse versions or else. That is, if the question was really understood by Yamauchi and translator-san.

And that still leaves room for ambiguity. I'm not complaining though, it's no bad thing either way as it's more than we've had before at any rate.

The recent GTPlanet/RaceSimCentral GT5 interview clarifies better and confirms that the 70+ count is for actually unique courses, excluding variations such as short versions or reverse versions or else. That is, if the question was really understood by Yamauchi and translator-san.

No I dont believe that there will be 70+ unique tracks.
I think its 70+ tracks with variations.

More tracks the merrier for me. But I prefer realworld locations.
Saying that I'm happy to take anything overall.

For example Suzuka East is part of Suzuka Circuit and Suzuka East is a variation.
Suzuka Circuit is unique Track.

I would be pleasantly surprised if this is so, but even caring over GT4 track assets as a starting point in the development of new tracks, 70 unique tracks I would think still take a considerable time to create.

I am still in the belief that there is 40 something unique tracks with variations not including reverse adding up to a total of 70+. :)

Are you 100% sure about this? On low height cars there seems to be a hood cam, but that's just because of the low position of the roof in comparison with it's hood. When you see people in the video's switching to every available viewpoint on a regular height car it's clear that there is no hood cam. I would LOVE a hood cam for the standard cars though.

Borrowing some stuff from Gaf :)

old build, Prologue'ish - roof cam
30ttp1y.jpg

new build bonnet cam - the camera is set at head height in front of the windscreen
9glyqe.jpg

This is a hood cam as much as it is in RFactor...

R-factor

Borrowing some stuff from Gaf :)

old build, Prologue'ish - roof cam
30ttp1y.jpg

new build bonnet cam - the camera is set at head height in front of the windscreen
9glyqe.jpg

This is a hood cam as much as it is in RFactor...

R-factor

i hope this is true. I hate Bumper and chaseview. Cockpit is my thing. but when they decieded to drop them for 800 cars. i decided to use the roof cam. but it is't perfect eihter. so a bonnet view would be awsome. But will they also be on standy's? i really hope so.

i hope this is true. I hate Bumper and chaseview. Cockpit is my thing. but when they decieded to drop them for 800 cars. i decided to use the roof cam. but it is't perfect eihter. so a bonnet view would be awsome. But will they also be on standy's? i really hope so.

Why wouldn't they? It's just a camera position

GT5 is a realistic simulator which status is supported by REAL CARS and REAL TRACKS.
Your logic might be a little flawed there. Without fictional tracks in GT...there wont be a GT in the first place because the 1st GT aka. GT1 didn't had even 1 real race track. The reason was PD back then was still a peanut company, not enough $$$$$.

Plus fictional tracks gives each racing games an idenity of their own.

If you're still stubborn about it, just stop playing console racing games. Just play GTR, L4S, or R-Factor. :indiff:

I honestly believe we're getting 70 unique layouts, which would mean 40 to 50 different tracks, not accounting reversed tracks. 70 distinct tracks would be a too much optimistic bet, but I would love to be wrong though.

Well, with the both the NASCAR and Grand-Am series drawing to a close, work should have begun on repaving the Daytona Speedway. This is something that WAS originally scheduled for 2012, but after the Daytona 500 was delayed twice because crews had to fix a major whole in the track, the repaving was moved up to end of the year 2010 and into 2011. There should be a new surface on it by the 24 Hours of Daytona 2011. This makes me wonder: Will GT5 see and undated, recently paved Daytona course in 2011? Or will we keep the old, falling apart, version that's currently in GT5P?

We might get updates/DLC for that. It doesn't seem something hard or costly to include.
Was the GT5P version of Daytona Speedway bumpy/ruined by the way?

Well, with the both the NASCAR and Grand-Am series drawing to a close, work should have begun on repaving the Daytona Speedway. This is something that WAS originally scheduled for 2012, but after the Daytona 500 was delayed twice because crews had to fix a major whole in the track, the repaving was moved up to end of the year 2010 and into 2011. There should be a new surface on it by the 24 Hours of Daytona 2011. This makes me wonder: Will GT5 see and undated, recently paved Daytona course in 2011? Or will we keep the old, falling apart, version that's currently in GT5P?

Considering that the game will be out in November and the repave is scheduled to be finished on 1/1/11, I doubt that it will be included other than DLC

Well, with the both the NASCAR and Grand-Am series drawing to a close, work should have begun on repaving the Daytona Speedway. This is something that WAS originally scheduled for 2012, but after the Daytona 500 was delayed twice because crews had to fix a major whole in the track, the repaving was moved up to end of the year 2010 and into 2011. There should be a new surface on it by the 24 Hours of Daytona 2011. This makes me wonder: Will GT5 see and undated, recently paved Daytona course in 2011?

Quite simply, no. Even when its finished, it still needs time for it to settle so no one is gonna be doing any track modeling for abit.

Again people are turning this into a wishlist. I understand that with the knowledge we'll have 70+ actual courses (whatever that may mean exactly) many are hopeful but that's no reason.

I'd say the track repaving is probably close to being done now. They started after the July Cup race with tearing the track up.

I hope they keep the old one. It has personality and there is fear among those that liked it that way that it will lose something with an all new surface.

Loool youre sounding stubborn if anything. Thats a ps1 game. GT5 now consists of real tracks which has taken it to a new level.

Real tracks like Tokyo R246?

Loool youre sounding stubborn if anything. Thats a ps1 game. GT5 now consists of real tracks which has taken it to a new level.
You're biting your own words now, buddy. So, What can you say about Eiger, Madrid, Rome, Toscana, and that GoKart track? Now I'm talking GT5 now, since you deny the accomplishments that GT1 did. I think the stubborness goes back to you. :indiff:👎

Back