Best way to make money

• Thread starter slowman
  • 268 comments
As a side note, the '09 Nissan GT-R Spec V. is a devastatingly powerful and effective car on tarmac. Very uneventful to drive, but effective nontheless. Horrible on dirt.
I'm sorry, Nissan GT-R horrible on dirt?
You have 0 experience on driving

I've been saving for 3 days now, waiting for my F1 Ferrari to show up.. and clearly the most efficient way to grind is the TEST COURSE. It gives 150,000 per 2 laps (which i do in less than 4minutes). Doing 99 laps rewards you with over 1Million, i thought if there's only a way I could somehow do a B-Spec driving. That is, letting the game complete 99 laps by itself.

And indeed, there is. Here's the way:

The main trick: Configure your controls so that "Right-Shoulder Button" is also Acceleration. Once you've done that, the next thing to do is wrap a rubber band around so that the "R button" is kept pressed all the time while racing. If you have a car fast enough, then you can leave it running around the test course B-Spec style.

How to do: Grind until you have at least 4Million. We need this amount to purchase a supercharged car, any lesser car will not do the trick. Disable Autosave. Race a bit more and regularly check the Dealers to find cars that costs 3.5M or 4M credits. BEFORE YOU BUY, SAVE FIRST. This way if you don't like the car you bought, or if isn't fast enough, then you can always press Home, bail out, and restart the game. So anyway, I tested several very nice race cars (those that costs 1M, 2M, 3.5M) and raced at Test Course to see if they were fast. If your car is too fast, you'd end up racing with F1 cars and that isn't good, since you'd just lose.

I found one car that will do this trick: PESCAROLO C60 HYBRIDE RACE CAR '05
Pescarolo-Courage-C60-Hybrid-Judd_5.jpg

There might also be any other car that will perform good which I haven't tested yet, but for the sake of this thread, let's stick to my chosen car. Anyway, if you have this car, race at S Rank for 99 laps (Test Course). It will reward you a whopping 1,071,000 cash in 3hours and 5 minutes of racing. The car was so good that it was ahead of the other 3 Escudos for more than a lap.

Car's Behavior: It will run reaching a maximum speed of around 378km/h and just slows down at every cornering (305km/h) because of the drag. But there's nothing to worry about. I raced againts Suzuki Escudo and they were slow like turtles compared to my machine.

Go watch TV, do your school homework or household chores. After 3 hours, smile at your 1 Million cash. ENJOY!

Let me elaborate on this, and how to get the fastest lap times, in 'b-spec'. Of course, you can do it by turning yourself, instead of wall-grinding. Then again, would you want to do this 1600+ times to get the money for all cars?:

Track: Test course, S Rank, 2 laps, Limit to single manufacturer? No
Prize: 150,000Cr

Car: As mentioned, but I will do some tuning on this.

Transmission: AT,or Automatic
Tires: R3/R3. An important thing that wasn't mentioned in the quoted post
TCS: Any amount will do, but I use TCS 5. Gives me better traction, off the start line
ASM: Off
Active Steering: Off
Physics: Standard. Do not change it to Professional, it will make your car unstable (from the rebound off the wall) and spin out. You don't want to leave the PSP for four minutes, whilst your driver drives the wrong way.

Add this car to your favourites, you wont regret it. So we can tune this to get the most potential. 👍

Note: We will do the tuning on the race menu screen. Do not tune before you enter the race menu.

Time for some tuning:

Front/Rear

Aerodynamics: 38/53
Ride height: +10/-15
Spring: 6/6
Damper: 8/8
Toe: +0.05/+0.25
Camber: 1.0/0.0

Now, start the race. Your 'driver' will complete in 3'44.878. I have achieved a 3'20.xxx by driving the Pescarolo myself.

1st lap - 1'56.843
2nd lap - 1'48.035

Keep on repeating this, then you can enjoy 2.2 million credits per hour ;)

If you have a better tuning, then please let me know. :)

Last edited:
Well, you'll be alarmed to discover that I've been digging through single player to find the most worthwhile races.

Most of the tracks at S-level have races worth between 11,300cr per mile and 12,000cr per mile. The only notable exception is a single lap race at Beginner Course at 10,938cr per mile and almost any race worth 150,000cr or more - tracks are rewarded by distance until they reach 150,000cr and from that point on they follow a pattern of the prize money increasing every "n" laps to a set value on a predetermined scale regardless of track length. "n" varies - it can be six or seven for many tracks (so a 12 lap race is worth as much as a 6 lap race - 150,000cr) but up to fourteen for very short tracks and one for the Nuerburgring. In terms of the best reward per mile, the winner is a six lap race at Ice Arena, at 12,109cr per mile.

But reward is only as good as the time it takes to do it - that six lap race at Ice Arena is worth less for the time put into it than any race on any road course (with the exception of the above-150,000cr races - and it's a close thing there). Most road courses are pegged at 20-30,000cr per minute, but of course the faster the track, the more the reward... Midfield is usually worth 33,000cr per minute, single laps of Sarthe are worth 37-38,000 per minute, High Speed Ring comes in at 40,000cr per minute and Super Speedway at 45,000cr per minute, but the ultimate comes in the form of, yes, you guessed it, Test Course at 52,800cr per minute for a 1 lap race.

However, Test Course hits the 150,000cr limit early - on the 2 lap race. It's still running at 51,250cr/min there, but you're now looking at the time between races being important. The time to go from one race to the next is about eight seconds (plus 4ish seconds for the race to start). So let's press on from there.

The numbers say:
Test Course 1 lap (77,250cr) - 1'35.000 approximately; +12s - 1'47 per race = 34 races per hour = 2.60m credits per hour
Test Course 2 laps (150,000cr) - 3'03.000 approximately; +12s - 3'15 per race = 18 races per hour = 2.76m credits per hour
Super Speedway 8 laps (144,000cr) - 3'06.000 approximately; +12s - 3'18 per race = 18 races per hour = 2.62m credits per hour

Now, I've not actually run any of these races to test yet - I've literally just finished S-levelling everything, but I know I'd prefer to run Super Speedway for an hour than Test Course and might be willing to take the putative 140,000cr hit in comparison to the 2-lap Test Curse race. I shall conduct non-numerical experiments in due course.

The numbers say:
Test Course 1 lap (77,250cr) - 1'35.000 approximately; +12s - 1'47 per race = 34 races per hour = 2.60m credits per hour
Test Course 2 laps (150,000cr) - 3'03.000 approximately; +12s - 3'15 per race = 18 races per hour = 2.76m credits per hour
Super Speedway 8 laps (144,000cr) - 3'06.000 approximately; +12s - 3'18 per race = 18 races per hour = 2.62m credits per hour

What car are you using to get the 3'03.00 on the Test Course? I have been using the Veyron and have been getting 3'21.xxx, and that is after giving it zero tow front and rear so I can hit 401kph.

You might find this thread I made helpful Famine. It doesn't have the same hardcore numerical analysis like you usually do, but it helps visualize things a bit. I only picked a random track for the last 3 graphs though, so the results are not all encompassing, but they're pretty representative I think.

And if you're preferring the SS over the TC, I assume it's because you're grinding on your own and wants to avoid the boredom? If you use the rubber band trick it's much better to use the TC, especially over the long run (as those time and credit deficit builds up). But that's just me being overly anal regarding minute time differences I guess.

If you use the Veyron, a 2 lap race (human controlled) takes 3.18.8xx (IIRC that's my record), but 90% of the time you'll take 3.20.xxx. Just stick to the inside all the way, shift up to 7 early and try to get to 370 km/h (spoiler retracts) ASAP by 'straightening' your entry to the first turn. With the rubber band and Pescarolo you'll get exactly the same time every time (3.44.878 if we're trusting Dan360). A bit longer, but you can do something productive in that time.

I haven't used a rubber band to date and I don't intend to start now. I don't buy games to not play them.

What car are you using to get the 3'03.00 on the Test Course? I have been using the Veyron and have been getting 3'21.xxx, and that is after giving it zero tow front and rear so I can hit 401kph.

I'm not - this was a numerical analysis only. Since there isn't a source for GTPSP laptimes that I'm aware of, I used GT4 record laptimes where appropriate (as in "Not at Valencia"), using the F1 car except where I'm aware it's not the fastest, in order to get minimum theoretical times. The GT4 record for Test Curse is a 1'27.5. Add a seven second deficit for the opening lap to get a 1'34.5 and you have 1'28 + 1'35 = 3'03.

The GT4 records are hampered by all being in Arcade Mode, with the inability to trim wing, but enhanced by GT4's Arcade Mode available power increase.

The next stage is a practical test. I doubt the Veyron is the best candidate for a fast Test Curse time, despite the obvious thought processes of "Most power = most speed". A previous poster has already noted that the Pescarolo Hybride runs faster than the Veyron time you give and I have a couple of other candidates in mind.

Update: Okay, I've been manually testing and found a couple of discrepancies - but that's what testing is for. :D

The quickest I've got the inter-race gap down to is 20s from race finish to race start. Testing the Veyron confirms peterjford's numbers for the Test Curse - an average of 3'20.500 for a 2 lap race - though I don't think it's the fastest car available for the task, I'm a little way off buying the appropriate cars to test. I might test the CGT, as it was capable of overhauling me on the straights in the Veyron, but I doubt it'll be the answer.

So the current numbers are:

Veyron @ Test Course 1 lap (77,250cr) - 1'43.000 approximately; +20s - 2'03 per race = 29 completed races per hour = 2.26m credits per hour
Veyron @ Test Course 2 laps (150,000cr) - 3'20.500 approximately; +20s - 3'41 per race = 17 completed races per hour = 2.55m credits per hour
PFGT @ Super Speedway 8 laps (144,750cr) - 3'33.000 approximately; +20s - 3'53 per race = 15 completed races per hour = 2.17m credits per hour

Remember that this is still in a testing phase. I'll be updating the numbers as I go.

Edit: I'll run up a ranking for Test Curse on cars I try
1. Veyron - 3'20.5
2. Citroen GT - 3'29

Edit: I suck at Super Speedway

Last edited:
I can't get near the time I was expecting for Super Speedway and, by the nature of the car used, it's a lot closer race and a lot harder to get a win (though I'm pretty sure I can guarantee a win, except in the case of crashing - and that's more likely than at Test Curse). You're still looking at 2.2m credits an hour, give or take, but it's less profitable and riskier than a Veyron at the Test Curse.

I'll try to find a faster way of schlepping the Curse.

I can't get near the time I was expecting for Super Speedway and, by the nature of the car used, it's a lot closer race and a lot harder to get a win (though I'm pretty sure I can guarantee a win, except in the case of crashing - and that's more likely than at Test Curse). You're still looking at 2.2m credits an hour, give or take, but it's less profitable and riskier than a Veyron at the Test Curse.

I'll try to find a faster way of schlepping the Curse.

If I am up against the CGT I can always win with the Veyron on the Test Curse, so that is why I use it. I usually split my time between that, and my desire to do a race on the Ring in every car in the game. I am about half way through the "A"s.

What I like doin is buying a Nissan Stagea (any will do), then taxe it round Tahiti Maze or Swiss Alps. Or, if you have the cash, buy a Mazda BP Falken RX7 and take it round Autumn Ring

Ridiculous that players have to evolve a 'system' to earn credits.

For a start PD, make clean online racing a (must) way to earn credits and xp.

Sad a great driving game requires 'grinding' at all :crazy:

Ridiculous that players have to evolve a 'system' to earn credits.

For a start PD, make clean online racing a (must) way to earn credits and xp.

Sad a great driving game requires 'grinding' at all :crazy:
Is this your first GT?

Your point being?
What you call ridiculous and sad is expected in GT games. I don't know how many two lap races I did on Test Track in GT PSP.

And I don't bother with B-Spec either.
Shame, tons of nice cars to win, like a Furai.

I liked how you got credits for online races with GT5 Prologue.
Biggest mistake I see in GT5 was not doing that here.

Was Prologue a GT game :grumpy:
Yep, and if you didn't do online much you had to grind races.

I think I have another theory that could work in principle (god, scientist talk) which coincides with lukey's post up there.

Step 1: Rank Test Track up to S Rank (use a Veyron)
Step 2: When you start the race, pick D Rank
Step 3: You should have three GTbyCitroens at the starting gate. Respecify to S Rank.
Step 4: Get credits!

I'm gonna try that myself.

Hi,

Im a big time newbies here. I cant seem to find my to race at the open track with the S-rank. Can anyone kindly tell me exactly where to go and how to do all this in details. Cause the only place I think the open track would be is in the practice menu. Well, been there but it didn't get me any Cr. Please help

Thx

I think I have another theory that could work in principle (god, scientist talk) which coincides with lukey's post up there.

Step 3: You should have three GTbyCitroens at the starting gate. Respecify to S Rank.

Brilliant! Works like a charm, except that you sometimes draw another Veyron even in D rank. But when you don't you can just keep going as often as you like and rack up 150k credits in under four minutes (if you can stand the boredom).

Lazy way to make money, not very effective in terms of time and earnings but you don't need to do anything.

1. Set track to Testing Course, 99 laps.
2. Pick a car.
3. When the race starts put something heavy on the accelerate button.
4. Go do something for 3 hours.
5. Come back and you should have some money by doing nothing.

Just race on test course and use a veyron there should be three gt by citroens and you should get 60,000 Cr!!!

A useful tip for those of you who don't like the pesky 2 day window that the dealerships are available. Need a bit of money?

Do driving challenges, save your Cr., and check the dealerships after every other race event until Ruf becomes available. Buy the CTR Yellowbird (and the RGT if you have the cash, fantastic car) and take the Yellowbird to a Drift race at Grand Canyon with the Open Track setting. You'll get around 25,000 drift points per lap max, and this doubles to 50,000 Cr. per lap when you exit and cash in your points.

The Yellowbird is not the easiest car to drive on gravel. It'll be sideways or trying to go sideways the whole time, but that's sort of the point of this exercise. Link a few corners together and you can bank 10,000 drift points at once.

Easy way to make 200,000 Cr. in 10 minutes and just a few laps.

I'm sure there are better cars to use, but the Yellowbird is the best I've found so far. I'm just trying different cars and seeing which are best.

As a side note, the '09 Nissan GT-R Spec V. is a devastatingly powerful and effective car on tarmac. Very uneventful to drive, but effective nontheless. Horrible on dirt.

I do the same, but @ either Chamonix or Tahiti.
I love that x2 multiplier.

best I've done at Tahiti Maze was a 31,000 lap w/ the GT350

Back