Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

Yui-san - I can do that, I'll pop in and have a look a bit later today.
gibki8 - Aha, excellent, I look forwards to it :)

And now to part three of my Christmas special... but fear not, the fun isn't over yet. By the end of today I shall post a surprise for you all!

____________________________________​

First off, credit where credit is due, and I must give a shout-out to SlipZtrEm who featured a Gallardo modified to look like a Superleggera LP570-4 in his gallery not long ago, something I liked so much I simply had to go and create my own, but in my favourite Lamborghini colour ever, Verde Ithaca, courtesy of one Murcielago LP640.

Anywho, this Gallardo has been given all the trimmings, care of weight reduction to a smidge over 1300kg, power boost to a stratospheric 570-580 horsepower, and an aero kit which makes it a dead ringer for a real-life Superleggera, minus a carbon fibre engine cover and the all important stripe on the side. Nonetheless, it performs just as well as a real one, lapping the Top Gear test track in 1:12/1:13ish thanks to a sticky set of race-ready soft tyres.

Wickedly fast, this Superleggera punches well above its weight on a racetrack, whilst catching every eye thanks to that brilliant Lamborghini green paintjob. Enjoy!

Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera @ Siena

Click for full size.

The surprise comes later today.

Last edited:
Hell. Yes.

:D 👍

I know I'm going to own another Gallardo soon, done up with Verde Ithaca as well, because you're right; in faux-SL trim, it looks the business. Such a stunning car, and I love the shots you've taken at Siena; I wasn't impressed with the location when I checked it out, but you've found some awesome spots I had no idea about. First shot should be hanging in bedrooms everywhere.

The GTS set is another of my favourites from you, which is saying something considering the quality in the gallery, but you've captured that orange so well, so much better than the flat lifeless orange the Chromeline comes with. I need your secrets! ;)

Lastly, the 500 is cool, though it does get a bit overshadowed by the awesomeness that followed it. I wouldn't have guessed at the paint colour; it almost looks a tiny bit pink-ish, definitely different from how it appears on some of the Ferraris, though that might be the shape of the 500 and the surrounding light. Either way, all Christmas updates are awesome, and they piled on quickly. Happy Ho-Ho, Rev!

Awesome stuff Rev, the colour treatment is superb and the first shot in particular is impressive. Nice choice of background.

I love that first Gallardo shot! :) But all shots looks absolutely fabulous...they should belong to a magazine cover/feature! And once again, thanks for the advice/tips ;)

SlipZtrEm -Thanks Slip! I wasn't too sure about Siena... but yeah, the little shops and parlours around the edge of the main area make for quite a cool background. The Gallardo is a stunning car though, isn't it? It makes me sad that it only comes in three colours.
I found the Chromeline M3 to be quite an average orange too. My particular M3 is actually painted in Hugger Orange, courtesy of a Camaro. I figured if I wanted a bright hue, the best place to look was 1960s American muscle cars. :D I daresay the pinkish tone to the Fiat's red was due to my cyan colour filter on those photos for that cross-processed look. Merry Christmas to you too :)
GPR - Thank you for the comment! The colour tones are what I find myself focusing on most of the time these days. :)
Yui-san - Thanks! And no problem, anytime :)
sejtur - Hehe, thanks! Were you away long? I have done quite a few updates lately, haven't I :P
TVR&FF - Thanks! Numbers 1 and 2 were my favourites too.
HumanDestroyah - Thank you! Feel free to PM me with any questions!
gibki8 - Haha, thanks :)

And now....

Surprise!
____________________________________​

All 3 parts of the Christmas Special are up... so now what? Well, in the Christmas spirit, I decided to create these three cars with the intention of giving them away! Surprise!

So not only is it a Special of photos, but it's a...

Christmas Car Giveaway!

So what does this entail? How do you enter? Well, all you have to do is leave a comment! (about the photos of course, comments not about my pics will be ignored!) If you've already commented in this gallery, then you're already entered! (don't let that discourage you from commenting again of course, I'm always happy to read them!)

So how will this work? You can consider the competition *open* until Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve, (probably around 6pm here... I'm GMT+10:30, so work it out for yourselves wherever you are what time it'll be), I'll close the competition and run this random number generator with the parameters set to between 1 and whatever the number of the most recent post in the thread is. It'll be run three times, three random numbers will be generated and if your post number matches the generated number, then you win!

So, the prizes! You should be familiar with them, they are the Scuderia Red Fiat 500 Abarth, the orange BMW M3 GTS and the green Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera posted in my previous three updates. We can consider the Fiat to be third prize, the BMW to be second prize and that gorgeous Lamborghini to be first prize. First number drawn gets third prize, second gets second, and third number drawn receives first prize. If you win, I'll PM you asking for your PSN details and gift you the car!

So.. that's about it! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask... and good luck to all!

In the meantime, here's a little something for you all to comment on :) For those wondering it's not only a composite image, but it's also a HDR shot, combined from 9 different photos (3 cars, 3 exposures). Enjoy!

Christmas Cars @ Red Bull Hangar

Click for full size.

You are amazing!! Once again I haven't got any words to describe quality and performance of your photo. Please teach me how to do this

Sounds like a fantastic idea! I really want that Lambo of yours XD

Anyways, I love that shot! The color combination is simply breath-taking :) It has that Christmas feel to it too!

Rev you make me want to shoot at Siena again! Love the industrial look to the first lambo shot! Great idea on the giveaway, and the shot looks great. Definitely a great location to do some hdr!

Really great pictures in these last three updates and they all look really good has a set. About this last picture, I can say its the first HDR picture, using GT5, that looks good and not too over edited. HDR is amazing for interior and evening/night shots when well applied.
Also, lovely idea, this Christmas giveaway. Looking forward to it.

I was away from friday until today. A nice weekend away with my girl. :) Yes you've been busy. I'm not complaining! ;) Very nice shot, that last one, I might set it as my wallpaper. I can see and read that you've put alot of work into it. Oh and I hope I get one of the cars, would be nice to have one from a fellow GTP photographer. :)

For those wondering it's not only a composite image, but it's also a HDR shot, combined from 9 different photos (3 cars, 3 exposures). Enjoy!

Nicely done, at that. I've been fiddling around with HDR/composite shots myself and did a four-car, five-shots-each image a bit back. I'll be getting to work on some more thanks to this inspiration. Great work, and I look forward to being a random number in your generator on Christmas Eve!

What a pleasant surprise! And great cars giveaway idea. On the last picture, just put some words on it and you've got yourself a cool Christmas card. How about a tree topper at the back? :dunce:

gibki8 - Haha, thanks again :)
Keisu - Cheers, thanks for the comment!
Yui-san - Thanks! It does look quite Christmassy doesn't it? Must be the red and green :)
RetroGiant - Thanks muchly! I was browsing the HDR thread in the Photomode section and saw a couple of others had done HDRs there and they looked quite good so I just had to try it myself. :)
Nicknamealguem - Thanks for the comment! HDR is a tricky thing to get right. I spent a while tweaking it to get the sort of look and feel I wanted, something bright and clear, but not oversaturated. Something with a bit of wow-factor :P
sejtur - Aah, that sounds nice! I'm glad you like the composite :D Good luck, you may just win one :P I'm hoping whoever wins them will put up a photoshoot with them, I'd love to see what others do with my cars. :)
sixtoes - Aha yes, I think I saw some of your work when I was browsing earlier. Did you do the Chevrolet one at that same location in the Redbull hangar? I was really impressed with that one, it's why I chose the spot in front of the plane :) Hmm, what are the benefits of using 5 exposures for a HDR instead of 3? Does it make a large difference? I'm fairly new at the HDR game :P
kanisama - Haha, it would make a good Christmas card at that :D Thanks for the comment!
SNEJKi - Thank you sir! :)

I just Got Inspired and Bought made me a Leggera Myself.Love the First shot in the collection simply class .👍

Absolutely fantastic pictures, crisp and cool. As for the competition , one of a kind. You can tell you really care for this and I love that!

Ive just taken a look through your entire gallery and there is some amazing work here. You can clearly tell you put a lot of care and effort into your photos. I look forward to seeing future updates. :)

The first pic of the green Gallardo is the best, but i love them all. The second one has a bit of an odd angle that makes it look like the gallardo has positive camber haha. Looks kinda derpy.

Good job and keep it up!

Contest Closed!

Okay folks! A little later than I expected, but here are the results! I ran the random number generator three times, with the range set between 1 and 115. The three results I received were 50, 98 and 22.
As it turns out, post 50 is one of my own posts, so I ran it once more and number 32 came out, for third prize.

And the winners are...

Posts 32, 98 and 22, in that order receiving third, second and first prize.

These posts belonged to...

Third Prize, the Fiat 500 Abarth to post 32: gt5photographer
Second Prize, the BMW M3 GTS, to post 98: gibki8
and First Prize, the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera goes to post 22: Moglet!

I will shortly be contacting those three members by PM to add them on PSN and gift them their cars!

You guys don't *have* to, but I'd love to see a gallery update featuring your new car sometime!

So a Merry Christmas to all, congratulations to the three winners and I hope everybody has a lovely day!

Last edited:
Your gallery is the premium of the premium gallery's around here.

Very unique sharp style, it is soft warm and yet show realism all in one.
It is perfect!

sixtoes - Aha yes, I think I saw some of your work when I was browsing earlier. Did you do the Chevrolet one at that same location in the Redbull hangar? I was really impressed with that one, it's why I chose the spot in front of the plane :) Hmm, what are the benefits of using 5 exposures for a HDR instead of 3? Does it make a large difference? I'm fairly new at the HDR game :P

Yes, my Chevrolet HDR composite image was shot in the same location as your trio of Christmas cars. I used a wider focal length (24mm, if memory serves), but that's indeed the spot.

As for a 5-shot bracket versus a 3-shot bracket, I use 1-stop intervals going from -2 to +2 (or -3 to +1, if I want a darker look). The difference between that and a 3-shot bracket depends on which 3 shots you're using:
  • If you do a 3-shot bracket going from -2 to +2 (using 2-stop intervals), the difference will be one of subtlety. The extra stops give the HDR software a better opportunity to blend more naturally. This helps avoid making the image look overdone.
  • If you do a 3-shot bracket going from -1 to +1 (using 1-stop intervals), though, the difference will be more dramatic - in this case, because there's a broader range of light and dark to work with. The image will still look more natural, but it'll also look flatter.

Of course, now I've just given you a tool to beat my work into the ground with... :dunce: Still, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work - as always! :drool:

:D Thanks! I've been struggling to get a really good car due to being at work loads, so this'll help me a LOT. I'll be doing a shoot of it the moment I receive it! :lol:

Back