Tharain's Tuning Temple / NSX-R Proto LM Road Car tune released (updated 24/01/11)

• Thread starter Tharain
  • 255 comments
hey man i love you tunes for the FGT ..im hoping that you would do another tune for any of the RUF cars.keep the good tunes coming.

I am new here en from the netherlands. My englih is quit a shame so sorry for that. But i love this tune topic guys, special thanks to Therain.

unfortunately i play with a controller, but i hope the setting will work.
My experience with car tuning is reasonable.

A good car for de nurburgring is de Veyron tune to the max en raelly easy drive 6m30 with a controller en x buttom gas, haha, any DTM car is good.

Tharain: Whats your oppinion about a GTR Vspec. As all 4wd's the car ondersteers a lot on the trottle and some on the brake. what are some good setting to consider?

The audi R10 TDI is probable the car with the most down force, but what is the max power you can tune the car?

Question Tharain- Is it possible to "de-tune" the FGT to make it more manageable for users driving with dual shock?

I know Santa is only bringing me coal for Xmas but I want a wheel.

That soft of a spring setting with that low of a height, hmm. Is the in-game description not correct that with LOW ride height ya need stiff springs cause they cant move much.

Fellow racers,

I hereby release the setup for a very special car. So far the fastest german non race-modded car in the game I believe.
And this masterpiece of construction is named SLS AMG '10.

slsamgfinal.jpg

Notes:
Watch out for jumps!!! The front lifts off quite easy! This beast has huge power and strong brakes.
For sure one of the fastest cars without race modification!

Tuning: to the max (625kw/1313kg/715km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 0/40

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 400kmh seems quite good

LSD: 15/35/30

Suspension:
Height: -17/-17
Springs: 10.5/10.5
Dampers (Ext): 5/5
Dampers (Com): 5/5
Anti-Roll: 5/5

Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0/0.20

Brakes: 8/7

I tested this setup mainly on the Nordschleife and Deep Forest and if it works here good it should work good on most tracks ;)

Any feedback is welcome :)

i was testing zonda R, mazda furai @ highspeed ring, indy n rome. they all work smooth. love driving both. I salute you coz you are able tune the car without tuning chamber n toe. and then i bought sls amg'10 n tune like you did but i think it still understeer and i can't pass highspeed ring n indy when turning every corner with high speed like zonda n furai. tks

Hi fellow racers,

hereby i want to announce the opening of my own Tuning-Garage.
I'm all on my own and I do have a fulltime job so the setups I plan on releasing can take some time but I hope it is worth it :)

As hardware I'm using the G25 and ofc manual shifting, all aids off except ABS on 1.

Here's a quick overview of some cars I want to tune for sure:
  • GT-R Spec V
  • McLaren F1 Stealth Model
  • Elise 111R '04
  • RUF RGT '00
  • Enzo Ferrari '02
  • Audi Le Mans quattro

And here's a quick overview of cars i already tuned:

Ford GT LM Race Car SPEC II

Mazda Furai Concept '08

Zonda R '09

[/CENTER]

Maybe I'll add some cars later but for now I think these cars will take some time to tune.

The first tune may be up shortly and i would really appreciate some feedback :)

So far,
Tharain

love ur tune on zonda, ford gt race car n furai. to test corning with highspeed at highspeed ring and indy. to test brake,accelerate,manuver i used rome. i drove them smoothly. i believe you are very good tuner so can i request tune for my viper srt 10 acr'08. this beast is FR too like corvette ZR1 but i don't know how to setting it, always understeer n turning like mummy. hate it. ps: i was testing your setting on zonda, ford n furai using joystick n i don't any problem with it. just like i said, love it.

i was testing zonda R, mazda furai @ highspeed ring, indy n rome. they all work smooth. love driving both. I salute you coz you are able tune the car without tuning chamber n toe. and then i bought sls amg'10 n tune like you did but i think it still understeer and i can't pass highspeed ring n indy when turning every corner with high speed like zonda n furai. tks

Thanks for testing :) And you cought me on the right spot!
I try to tune without toe/camber first then if I can't get any good results I'll adjust these settings.

The SLS AMG is really hard to tune in my opinion and thanks for your note!
I also recognized the problem with the SLS cause this car is also very difficult to drive on the Nordschleife aswell and I'll test it some more on Highspeed Ring!

And I put the Viper SRT 10 acr'08 on my to do list ;)

Gotta lot of work to do but it makes fun because you guys appreciate it!

Besides of tuning the SLS (I need a break... this car is so difficult to tune :P) I actually finished the setup for my first car.
It's a Stealth Model, the famous McLaren F1 Stealth Model.
This baby is close to the Zonda R '09 altough the Zonda has over 150bhp more! Capable of doing sub 6:10 on the Nordschleife... :)

mclarenf1stealthfinal.jpg

Notes:
Try to keep the car above 5.800rpm.
Very fast and watch out with your throttle, it tends to understeer no matter what setting ;)

Tuning: to the max (596kw/1100kg/374.9km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 50/70

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 380kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: n/a

LSD: 40/20/35

Suspension:
Height: -18/-18
Springs: 13.0/12.0
Dampers (Ext): 7/8
Dampers (Com): 6/7
Anti-Roll: 5/6

Camber: 1.0/0.8
Toe: 0.10/0.00

Brakes: 8/7

Hope you like it :D

Last edited:
Tharian,

Can I use your SLS tune for the AMG stealth? I find the stealths don't perform as well as the real deal race car versions! Am I correct in saying that and if so do your tunes compensate for the underperformance or make the. Ar even better?

Love the Zonda tune
Love the Furai tune
Love the FGT tune

How do i get the Audi toying car? Can you buy it? I have the Audi TT red bull touring car and it's a hoot to drive, did a 7:13 on norschlief the first time I drove it.

Thanks for any feedback.

I have gotten the A4 Touring Car through a gift ticket and I've seen it in the used dealership for about 750k if I remember correctly, it's quite rare I guess :P

The SLS tune needs alot of fine tuning and to be honest I'm not satisfied with it...
Spent over 80 laps today trying to get rid off the problem that the front lifts off so easy but I didn't find any solution... I'll keep on working on it :)

(and I dont think you can use the settings 1:1 for any "standard" and "stealth" version, they have to be different cause in fact that are 2 different cars :D)

Last edited:
Hi Tharain,

I notice that in your tunes you have not listed the upgrades to install, does this mean that no upgrades are needed? Or do I need to max out all upgrades?

Thanks.
bzbinz

The McLaren F1 Stealth tune works surprisingly well with the normal model. Completely tuned to the max with aero parts from GT Auto.

I notice that in your tunes you have not listed the upgrades to install, does this mean that no upgrades are needed? Or do I need to max out all upgrades?

I buy the "best" parts I can (don't buy the sports filter, of course Sports Intake Manifold and
Racing Air Filter) except "Restore Body Rigidity", "Engine Overhaul" and sometimes I save some money on the carbon hood.
After ~900miles I would make an engine overhaul and restore the body rigidity :)

Nice to hear that the setup for the McLaren "stealth" even works with the "standard" model.

And as mentioned: the SLS has problems with its front lifting off 👎 you need to slow down before jumps and watch out on bumpy tracks, for example on Deepforest Raceway the 2 jumps on the start/finish line and some sections on the Nordschleife aswell!
working on that...

Last edited:
Love your Zonda-R Tune and the SLS Tune works surprisingly well with my lightly tuned car ( All Weight tuning, drive train and soft sport with no aero)

Keep up the good work will try your FGT next.

Would just like to say thanks for the minolta tune, using it at the moment (with a minor adjustment to toe angle) to farm credits on like the wind indy. Works a treat :D

The Furai tune work super!

I am working on a fine tuning. The car oversteers a bit when comming out of the corner. With 8 TCS it was good (and not slower in acc)

In my opinion change your driving style a bit. Turn in the car a bit later in Turns essecially in hairpins, the car accelerate very fats out off corners

A super Tune Tharain!!!! What i specially like is almost no camber en toe tuning! Keep up the good work.
I like to now what my experience is. My fastest Grand valley lap was 1.39.234. With a controller what are yours?

(The A4 tune works also great on the TT-S DTM).

I just love your Zonda tune, it's absolutely briliant!
Just finished the Laguna Seca Endurance with it and managed to post a 1.17.101 !

The car drives so smooth and i'm using a DS3.

Back