Tharain's Tuning Temple / NSX-R Proto LM Road Car tune released (updated 24/01/11)

• Thread starter Tharain
  • 255 comments
Better than that. I've just posted a 6:03.643 with your Zonda R tune! That's my personal best with any car! Thanks mate. My previous best was with the Mazda 787B and that time was 6:08.293. I feel it's definitely possible to get below 6 mins but to be honest I'd need a wheel for that as the DS3 doesn't give me enough precision to place the Zonda on the track. It needs a lot of space because it's so light - it's very easy to "hop" from one side of the track to the other.

If only you'd do a tune for my favourite car, the Calsonic IMPUL GT-R.

6:03 is fast! :D

Added the Calsonic to my to do list :)

6:03 is fast! :D

Added the Calsonic to my to do list :)

It's fast for me, lol. My best with the Calsonic is around 6:15ish. It feels like it'll go quicker because it's a very stable car. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Since i havent beaten the 6:10 with any car except the FGT it's really fast, no trolling :)
And that with the DS3... you have some aids on?

I have ABS on @ 1 for every car but nothing else. For the Zonda I used traction control though. It just jumps about all over the place otherwise.

Sorry Tharain, I just can't break the 6 minute mark. I'm getting close but the short uphill section after the Karoussel slows me down too much. The car is just too skittish in that part of the track.

Zonda_Time.jpg

Hehe nice,

maybe I'll deliver a setup for a 6 minute breaking car, I already have one in mind :)

I'll keep you updated and furthermore I'll have some updates on all setups regarding the difference between online and offline experience :)

Hello Racers,

here it is! One of the most anticipated tunes so far for one of the fastest cars ingame.
Get ready for a car similar to a F1-car but I would guess it is even faster ;)

Welcome to the famous Formula Gran Turismo.

fgtfinal.jpg

Notes:
This car is so fast, it will blow your mind away :D
Watch out in the high revs, it tends to oversteer!

Tuning: to the max (687kw/550kg/7960.1km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 70/90

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 430kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: n/a

LSD: 30/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -8/-8
Springs: 16.0/14.0
Dampers (Ext): 8/5
Dampers (Com): 8/5
Anti-Roll: 6/6

Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0.0/0.20

Brakes: 8/7

This setup gave me positive results regarding the over/understeering
and I managed to win the FGT-championship on the 1st try altough the AI in this challenge is very annoying :D

Feedback is as always welcome :)

Thanks for this tune. I reckon a very good tune as my B-Spec Bob was able to win every race in the FGT Championship and he's not very good to be honest :dunce:

Thanks for this tune. I reckon a very good tune as my B-Spec Bob was able to win every race in the FGT Championship and he's not very good to be honest :dunce:

Thanks, thats good to know
Hmmm, since I havent won Monaco myself I think I should give the FGT a try again and maybe then it will be even better (I kind of let it down because there are so many good cars :D)

:)

Last edited:
Great job on the tunes Therain! I haven't had a complaint about any of your tunes. I do greatly appreciate you taking the time to share these with the public because it makes the game way more enjoyable for me.

On a side note, those of you looking to improve the cornering on the Formula gran turismo I suggest trying 4/1 on the breaks it helped me with controlling the breaking coming into turns.

Thanks, good to know I'll have a close look to it today :)

But first I need to do seasonal events #3 , because I need more money :D

He it comes... a monster with over 1000 horsepower!
What do you expect? This car has so much power you have to adjust your driving style alot! Brake earlier and harder!

The speak is of the Viper SRT10 ACR '08.

viperfinal.jpg

Notes:
Brake earlier and harder as usual! Be aware of its power...!

Tuning: to the max (752kw/1257kg/83.4km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 10/40

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 400kmh seems quite good

LSD: 40/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Springs: 9.5/9.5
Dampers (Ext): 7/7
Dampers (Com): 5/5
Anti-Roll: 7/7

Camber: 3.0/3.0
Toe: 0.00/0.00

This tuning can still be optimized I think but for now it is quite solid as I've tested it alot on the Nordschleife and it is capable of sub 6:20 easy!

Last edited:
Like the Viper tune, adjusted the Toe out front to by -.10, seems even better. Put down a 1:23.413 lap on trial mountain. I'm not that good, but Ive been driving this car since I had the money for it, love it and this is best tune so far.

Last edited:
He it comes... a monster with over 1000 horsepower!
What do you expect? This car has so much power you have to adjust your driving style alot! Brake earlier and harder!

The speak is of the Viper SRT10 ACR '08.

viperfinal.jpg

Notes:
Brake earlier and harder as usual! Be aware of its power...!

Tuning: to the max (752kw/1257kg/83.4km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 10/40

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 400kmh seems quite good

LSD: 40/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Springs: 9.5/9.5
Dampers (Ext): 7/7
Anti-Roll: 7/7

Camber: 3.0/3.0

This tuning can still be optimized I think but for now it is quite solid as I've tested it alot on the Nordschleife and it is capable of sub 6:20 easy!

FINALLY!!
gonna test the car tomorrow.
keep up the good work :)

Just to let you know, after I've done some more endurance races I'll post an update on some tunes and release another tuning (for now I think it will be a DTM car :))

Thanks for the Viper ACR '08 tune, those are very hard to come by!

And if I may make a recommendation, maybe give the Audi R8 5.2 some love, whenever you get the chance, it's fun to drive :)

Thanks for the Viper SRT10 ACR '08 tune, those are very hard to come by!

If I may make a suggestion as for a future tuning, give some love to the Audi R8 5.2, it's such a beautiful and fun car to drive, did 6:50 on Nord fully tuned and I practically half-assed it!

Hay Tharain - can I ask a huge favour? Could you post the BHP of your tunes as well...

Or is thier some easy way to go from KW to BHP?
I'm making a comparative list of all tuners garage cars on GTP
And it would be easier than me building each one!

OH btw Im running your Tuscan setup just for some fun lapping :)

RUF RGT '00.

LSD: 15/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -25/-25
Springs: 10.5/10.5
Dampers (Ext): 6/6
Anti-Roll: 6/6

Camber: 1.0/1.0

Brakes: 8/7​

Was testing out a different RUF tune, after being disappointed, decided to search for what else was out there and came across this.

Test Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Best Lap: 1:52.354
Previous Tune: 1:53.265

Test Track #2: Trial Mountain
Best Lap: 1:23.583

9 tenths quicker, and the car was much more enjoyable to drive. With 1 exception... Under hard braking, this car is absolutely un controllable.

This little tid bit, prevents me from getting into the :51 bracket. I simply can't enter the corner, even closely as hard as I should be able to, and I lose a lot of time slowing down so much earlier. Trail braking seemed to be the best option in this scenario, but it definitely hurt my lap times.

Corner Entry... When trail braking, the car was very smooth and handled well. If I needed to turn tighter, I could tap the brakes and it would help aim the car, although it's not advised to have to drive this way, but it worked for the time being. Turn in on mild corners seemed fine, definitely while coasting.

Center of the turn: Under coasting conditions it worked well, but at times where I over drove the corner a touch, I was literally paranoid to touch the brake peddle to get slowed up and correct the issue. So I was forced to coast beyond the apex, and just live with an understeer condition, resulting from driving in too deep. This hurts my exit and screwed me up, and costs me a lot of time throughout the track.

Corner Exit: With the exception of the above forcing exit issues, the exit felt pretty good. I caught myself catching the tail end at times if I got to full throttle before the car was ready. On the 1-2 larger sweeping turns, I did sense a touch of understeer on exit, but all I had to do was let off for a sec, and it helped the car get up and off the corner.

Overall, if I could get rid of the Braking issue, which I'll try to do with the Brake Balance, I think this tune would be great. It's hard to fully review it with this rather large issue I'm having, but the above is the best I can do for now.

Update!

I played with the brake balance, and saw minimal enhancements of control under braking, so my next step was to go straight to the LSD.
After some rather quick and abrupt LSD guesswork, I got to the setting of 15, 18, 10, ran a few laps to get use to it, and then ripped off a 1:50.306. A full 2 seconds faster at Grand Valley with LSD adjustments. These are rough figures, as I didn't take the time to fine tune them, but there's work to still be done to both the LSD and in my humble opinion, the tune as well. Using this LSD set up, I was able to drive the car a lot harder and more realistically. This unmasked the core of the suspension, where I came to find, that the car has too much turn in, not enough turn out. Turns too much on corner entry, and doesn't turn enough on corner exit. The car doesn't seem to appreciate quick weight shifts from corner to corner, but with the new LSD settings, I was at least able to control the car from spinning. Trail brake is still required for the first corner to not absolutely lose the car, but I can live with that. My personal opinion, is that the car needs most attention to its Toe settings, both front and rear, as I have a feeling that this is where I'm getting the turn in/turn out issues. 0/0 isn't very common throughout many tunes across GTPlanet. I might try playing with some more fine tuning tomorrow, but I didn't want to waste much time on it, when I don't feel the core of the set up is quite suited for me just yet.

Update #2 Adding - rear toe, stabilized the corner entry very nicely. I used -.07 on the rear, and didn't touch the front. Dropped the front Sway bar to 4, and then used a spring rate of 9.9 / 13.0
This is the stock front to back ratio of 43% - 57% stiffened by 15% all around. The softer front springs also helped the car transfer weight under braking. This allowed me to put up a new personal best of 1:49.966 which was my goal for the night, So I'm headed to bed! But the car still understeers from center out on the higher speed, longer turns.

EDIT: Performing Chassis maintenance in GT Auto, drastically reduced everything I complained about. Added a 2nd track & times to all 4 tunes tested.
Test Track #2: Trial Mountain
Best Lap: 1:23.583

Last edited:
About the SLS, i noticed the lifting off problem is diminished, but is still there, driving on Nurburgring is really hard =/

Tried to soften the suspension a bit, didn't work out =/

Are you still trying to solve this problem?

Besides that, the car is simply a blast, it's soooooo fun to drive it xD

About the SLS, i noticed the lifting off problem is diminished, but is still there, driving on Nurburgring is really hard =/

Tried to soften the suspension a bit, didn't work out =/

Are you still trying to solve this problem?

Besides that, the car is simply a blast, it's soooooo fun to drive it xD

I kind of give up on this problem because I tried at least about 100 laps on the Nordschleifewith different settings without getting a solution...
But yeah it's still an amazing drive experience :)

Back