Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

The course maker strikes again! Awesome choice of location and car, they go together really well and the lighting is phenomenal. Good work with the typography, too, it suits the image well.

I dont know if you do requests but... could you try and get your hands on a catterham? And put it at a place that looks nearly the same as the Lambo SV

Very nice work Rev. Loving it. The tone and angle are awesome. Yeah as pointed out the trees aren't great but the scenery suits the car well so if you don't actually focus on that stuff in the back it looks great overall.

And digging the typographic design too. 👍

SlipZtrEm - Yes indeed, it's actually my first foray into the course maker, I love the blustery countryside look you can get with it, something which looks less like a racetrack and more like a scenic road in the hills. The SV is just such a beast too, it is not unlike a stealth bomber in all-black :) Although I'm quite sure it'd look excellent in the colour I'm thinking that you've used :D
Moglet - Thanks Mog! HDR shots give you such fine control of the lighting, you can produce some really nice stuff.
Sejtur - Thank you Sej! Mmm, I might give it a shot next time I shoot there. Glad you like it though :)
Fortain666 - I haven't got a Caterham myself, but I do believe SlipZtrEm recently photographed a Caterham at Mt. Aso as part of his Christmas Magazine article. Check it out, it's quite well done! I may yet do a Caterham of my own in the future though!
GPR - Thank you :) Mmm, there's something about that location that just seems to suit the big Lambo, eh? Reminds me of classic Need for Speed titles or something like that...

For anybody who is interested, the font is called AUdimat and can be downloaded here.

The murc is gorgeous in stealth mode. A great location as well. If only the abrupt end to the trees could be fixed in PS. But anyway, The font is great as well as adding the specs in the way you did. Very creative. 👍

Swiss Legend - Thank you! Glad you like the specs etc, I wanted to add a little something extra... expect to see more stuff like that in the future.
GT5photographer - Thank you! A bit of typography can spice up an image for sure :)

New update imminent! Either later tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how things turn out.

I've just looked through your entire gallery and wow, absolutely outstanding, personally i'm still getting to grips with the photo mode and my pics are looking better and better. Now I just want to learn how to edit slightly in photoshop for those finishing touches.
Once again, outstanding keep up the good work.

Spyda - It's the finishing touches in Photoshop which can really make a good picture great! I'm glad to hear you like my gallery. Thanks for stopping by! :)

And now with the next update... a set for this week's Photomode competition, white cars on the snow. A Bossa Nova White Fiat 500 bambino at Chamonix. The middle shot is my entry (this set here has been processed in Photoshop, obviously my entry is untouched, straight from the game :P)

Testing out a new sig style here too, let me know what you think. :) Feedback welcome!

Fiat 500 @ Chamonix

Click for full size.

Mmmm, I like the sig style with one small caveat; it'd have to change colour-wise every update, and the font size might prove to be a problem for the subject portion of it, depending on, er, the subject at hand ;).

For this update, it looks absolutely right, though 👍. I think you made the right decision for the PMC entry as well, I think you'll have my vote come poll time!

Never really had enough time to comment, because of the exams. But now I want to say, that's my favorite gallery so far. Allways waiting for your updates ;) "Bambino" pics are great as well. First one got to be my favorite.

Like the second one best, nice pose and comp. As for the new sig style, pretty much what SlipZtrEm said.

Kind looks more commercial, slightly less classical.

SlipZtrEm - Mmm, that's my favourite part about it - it'd be colour-coded to match every update! :P I'll have to think through whether it'd alternate which corner it is in depending on the photo or whether it'd just be bottom left regardless. Unlike my Helvetica Ultra Light sig, it'd maintain legibility wherever it is. Glad you like the 500 set too, the second shot was the standout from the set. Hope it does alright in the poll! :)
SVX - Thanks! Glad you like it :D
RcWr - Haha, thank you! Glad to hear it! Were you around in the GT4 days? Your username looks familiar to me...
GPR - Mmm, I was going for a bit more of a professional look and feel with it. :) Thanks for stopping by!

As usual, tremendous work, Revo! It's tough to get acceptable contrast with a white-on-white subject, but these look great! :cheers:

Oh, and I like the signature - have you set it up as a Photoshop action? Should make it a little easier... I need to do something similar; my pathetic watermark is wearing on my nerves. :yuck:

TVR&FF - Thanks TVR! Lets hope it goes well in the voting next week.
Sixtoes - Thank you! Thats something I was acutely aware of when editing, have a nice contrasty image but not have all the detail of the car blown out. Bit of a balancing act really! I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I just copy the sig from one image to the other. :P Setting it up properly sounds like a great idea though, I shall have to look into that.

Sidenote: BBCode is horrible to type on an iPad onscreen keyboard. :(

I wasn't trying to hint at anything, just I've never won a regular PMC and I think I've got a strong entry this week, so here's hoping it goes well!

Excellent gallery, pictures look fantastic. I love the first post how you've set it out.

Also - You're from the same state as me. 👍

Fantastic shots Revolution! I love the color combo (white on white, with a bit of red and blue in your sig)! looks very clean... you're definetly getting my vote for the PMC ;)

First shot in that set is subtle, yet attention-grabbing. I love it.

As for the sig, I like it as well but I don't see the color scheme working for every picture unless the background tones are as soft and/or "pure" as Chamonix.

RcWr - Aah yep, I thought so! Good to see you back :)
Heath_1 - Thank you! I'm glad you like what you see. Another South Australian eh? Great to see some SA representation here :D
Yui-San - Thanks! Glad you like :dopey:
morf676 - Thank you!
Terronium-12 - Thanks! That first picture was almost my PMC entry. The sig will need a bit of adjusting and experimenting indeed, thanks for the feedback.
Funkshen - Thanks! Great to see you back Photomode. How are you finding the new tools etc in GT5? :)
gibki8 - Thank you gibki :)

New update imminent - It's something a bit different!

Back