Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

sanmusa - Wow, cool! I don't mind at all, thanks for the feature :)

And now, something different! It seems everybody around these parts is doing cool layouts and presentations of their images, so here's something a little different from me - an advert! You can click each ad to see the original full size image, featuring my shiny new sig. :P Both images are HDRs (yes, I know argued against motion-HDR shots in the past, but when done nicely they can look oh-so-cool :P) Anywho, enjoy!

Vorsprung durch Technik

Click for full size, unadorned images.

Man, now that I've finally got the game I realize how great you are at this! Fantastically looking realistic tones! 👍

Wow, they look awesome Rev. Very nicely done. The colour tones are quite realistic and good classic 3/4 angles.

Slightest thing for me though is the logo and text bit on the second one feel a bit to tightly near the car, but since the shot obviously was framed that way it left you little room to play with.

In any case some of the best ad like presentaions I've seen so far. 👍 👍

Keep up the great work.

Amazing, Rev. Would fit in a magazine just like that! Audi should be proud of their car when they see those pictures! ;)

Sharp! Awesome work, both look amazing. What program did you use to make the HDRs? Is it possible in Photoshop CS2?

Bram Turismo - Thanks Bram! How are you enjoying GT5 so far? :D
GPR - Thanks for the feedback! Now that you point it out, the text + logo is just a touch too close to the car in the second 'ad'.
sems4arsenal - Thank you!
speedthrill - Haha, I wish! That'd be cool :P
DiabolicalMask - Thanks for the comment :)
RetroGiant - Thanks RG! Before starting I flicked through a couple of car magazines I have lying around here for inspiration. Glad it looks the part!
sejtur - Thanks Sej!
SVX - Thank you :) HDRs were created in Photomatix, and then adjusted in Photoshop CS5. I'm not sure if CS2 has the ability to create HDRI... hmmm, a quick google search says yes! Have a look here and give it a try :)

The hdr lp670-4 is awesome. In all honesty I don't think the background quality hurts the overall quality of the image. 👍

I'm surprised you didn't put the extra information or any text on the second R8 picture as to me that one feels more like ad.

Awesome colors all across the board 👍

Click for full size, unadorned images.

Just as I asked GPR during his Citroen GT Race Car photo shoot, would it be at all weird if I said "I love you"? :P :lol:

I love everything about this. Simply fantastic. 👍

Vorsprung durch Technik

Although I think the R8 would look 1000 times better without the duct tape sides this shot makes it look sexy! 👍 (and yes, I know it's not really duct tape)

Wow on top of wow. Those could pass for real ads. Great tones to the shots as well as angles. A great location to top it all off. Very nicely done.

[empty space] - Thanks Empty :) I agree with you, the focus of the shot is the car so hopefully people don't look too hard at the scenery. ;)
TVR&FF - Thanks TVR! My favourite too!
s12ken - :dopey: Thank you!
GT5photographer - Mmmm, I'm strongly considering reviving the Photoshop comp... watch this space :P
Terronium-12 - Thanks T12 :) Glad you like it! In the back of my mind I was conscious about posting more stereotypical tunnel shots, but I suppose the reason they're common is because they're so darn nice. :D
sanmusa - Aww, not a fan of the contrast sideblade? That's possibly my favourite part of the R8 :(
Swiss Legend - Thank you sir! Glad you like them :)

If you do I'll co-host it with you, I would have offered to do it, and I want to, but the new semester at university started and I can't guarantee being entirely available all the time

Excellent! Watch this space, folks!

Another update is incoming as soon as I've uploaded it, plus a fix for the front page which is a bit out of sorts after the automatic image resizing update to the forum. That'll come in the next couple of days, or tonight if I get time!

Here are a few of my favourites from my "Sunsets" shoot for this week's 2.0 Competition, featuring an utterly gorgeous Mercedes McLaren SLR in faux-722 Edition guise thanks to a carbon fibre front splitter and some lightweight racing wheels. Enjoy!

Mercedes McLaren SLR 722 @ Toscana

Click for full size.

I-M T-O-T-A-L-...ok..totally shocked!

Your work is a mix of great knowledge of photography and serious photoshop skills !

Would you mind share a little piece of your knowledge with us? :P

I love the warm, colourful tones here. Have the photos been HDR'd at all? They appear to have been but I never know with your skills! :P

Bram Turismo - Thanks Bram! How are you enjoying GT5 so far? :D

Don't you even go there! :lol:

Nobody told me that once you take a fully modified JDM car to the Wangan tunnel you'll never quit that session if you're using a wheel :P

I love the cockpit cam, but for me it's way too shacky so at high speeds I'm either using the bumper cam or hood cam because I can't see crap with all the shaky-ness :scared:

Back