ride height as low as possible f +r
springs rates at close to default
all dampeners at 3 or 4 3 for light cars 4 for heavy cars
front stabilizer bar 4 or 5 rear 3 if 3 is default
camber about 2.5-3 front
1.5-2 rear or a bit less for really high horsepower cars
.1-.2 toe out front 0.00 rear
brakes somewhere around 4 f 7 rear, higher rear number for tail happy cars

i throw this tune on every drift car i have and it has made worlds of difference, i can drift around the whole track now where i couldnt even hold a corner before

i havent found a rwd car that this doesn't work for, or course this is a rough tune, fine tuning the car will provide better results but this has made even my 1000hp viper or comfort hards with a g25 manageable on tsukuba.

Last edited:
S15 Race Mod Tune For wheel users
Buy Every Part Possible
Aero
20f 20r
Transmission
168 mph
LSD
10 45 40
Suspension
Ride height
-25 f -25r
spring rate 6.3 f 6.0 r
all dampeners 3
anti roll bars 3 f 6 r
camber 3.0f 1.4 r
toe -.20 f -.40 rear
comfort hard or mediums f and r

brakes 4 f 7 r

using a g25 this is a pretty manageable tune

Anyone got anything or tried drifting the Nismo 270R '94?

bought it last night and put lsd, racing air filter, and full custom suspension on. didn't touch settings and it feels a little under powered but manage-able.

going to try the settings for the wheel w/in a couple days.. thanks for the settings!!

Buy Every Part Possible
Aero
20f 20r
Transmission
168 mph
LSD
10 45 40
Suspension
Ride height
-25 f -25r
spring rate 6.3 f 6.0 r
all dampeners 3
anti roll bars 3 f 6 r
camber 3.0f 1.4 r
toe -.20 f -.40 rear

brakes 4 f 7 r

Thanks for this set up! I've been so frustrated trying to drift with the wheel...I'm finally able to drift and connnecting turns!

Buy Every Part Possible
Aero
20f 20r
Transmission
168 mph
LSD
10 45 40
Suspension
Ride height
-25 f -25r
spring rate 6.3 f 6.0 r
all dampeners 3
anti roll bars 3 f 6 r
camber 3.0f 1.4 r
toe -.20 f -.40 rear

brakes 4 f 7 r

Official name please, otherwise the Depot should be updated.

Hey guys It's good to join the GT forum.

I've just tried drifting for the first time. Because of a seasonal challenge I wanted to try before it went. I guess I'm requesting the settings for the 350z.

I've spent alot of money on it, basically I followed the guide for the 370z z34 for my 350z z33, because I figured they'd be similar. But I was wrong, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. not only have I tried gradually changing things bit by bit but I've tried every type of setting I could imagine. It's 507hp also tried 300ish 400ish, and I basically bought and set everything the way the 370 is shown on pg 1. I was told by a few that the 350 was a good starter car.

The car seems to spin out very easily and I've tried all the comfort tyres, I'm practicing on Tsakuba. and It's like impossible to control even on straight without having to half accelerate, or when I start turning on corner b4 finish line I start well and if I counter turn to balance skid it flys back to wall. guess I'm just not setting the right things in the right order. I know it takes practice but this is ridiculous, it can't be this hard or it could never be popular.

PS I'm not a master but I'm also not a noob, I got all gold on first 3 licences in first few days without driving line. haven't tried rest yet. "gulp" "also won 2,000,000ish on season GTR Skyline, and muscle car race expired today, just taught i'd post that in my defence that all though this all sounds like I'm retarded. I'm sincerely not. So I'd love to see the 350z settings some time. Or for someone to tell me I'll never learn to drift and to give up now.

PS. "I'm gonna stop talking crap now"

anyone got a tune for an rx7 type r 02, the one you buy from the dealer?
I have quite a high hp ver of it and its quite hard to control

'07 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33)
Power: 535hp
Weight: 1228kg

Parts to buy:

All 3 stages of weight reduction
Window weight reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforcement
Aero Kits (from GT Auto)
Sports ECU
All 3 stages engine tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Muffler
Supercharger
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension
Comfort Soft Tires

Settings:

Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 10.6/8.6
Dampers Extension: 7/7
Dampers Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/4

Camber angle: 3.5/0.5
Toe angle: -0.25/0.15

LSD Setting:
Initial Torque: 60
Accel Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 60

Brake Balance: 3/8

Downforce: 0/16

All driving aids off except ABS set to 1

Little description of handling characteristics:
This setup is tuned at the Tsukuba track. It's for DS3 controller. It's pretty stable in my opinion. Approach the corner at the right speed, sometime throw in the ebrake to throw that tail out, and punch it in second or third gear, depending on the corner. But of course throttle and steering control is the key to hold the drift through out the corner. Bad throttle control will either cause it understeer or spin out. Overall, it's very manageable with DS3 controller, not too sure about the wheel. Any feedback on the setup would be appreciated.

Thanks so much kinasan. Your the best. Just saw your post but I'm not home yet. So ill be letting you know how I get on within a few hours.

That sounds like good advice.
Cheers big ears. Can't wait to drift.

Edit
I tried the new settings and it's 50% more easy, however It's far from easy, I'm just gonna practice.
But the moment I tried the settings I done my best drift yet straight away.

I was wondering is it important to have a spoiler and is one better than the other. As I like the look of the subtle wing but do the big wings have better downforce?

Anyway thanks again Kinasan you were a great help.

Last edited:
Thanks so much kinasan. Your the best. Just saw your post but I'm not home yet. So ill be letting you know how I get on within a few hours.

That sounds like good advice.
Cheers big ears. Can't wait to drift.

Edit
I tried the new settings and it's 50% more easy, however It's far from easy, I'm just gonna practice.
But the moment I tried the settings I done my best drift yet straight away.

I was wondering is it important to have a spoiler and is one better than the other. As I like the look of the subtle wing but do the big wings have better downforce?

Anyway thanks again Kinasan you were a great help.

Honestly, in my opinion you probably can do without the spoiler as most cases spoilers are only helpful at high speed. At low speed you won't really feel any difference with one or without one. Anyway, when comes to drifting you need to practice and practice till you get it down. That mean finding out the perfect line for you, throttle control, steering control. Here is a tip that might help you, don't do full on the throttle all the time, just feel the car as it drift, if you feel that the car is sliding out too much back off on the throttle, once you have the car under control, feather the throttle lightly, not too much or you will spin out. One more thing if comfort tire soft still a bit of a handful for you, give maybe sport tire hard or medium a try, although I find those tire too grippy for my liking.

May I suggest try a car with a little less power like the '86 Corolla Trueno SS version GT-APEX (AE86), you can get it at the Used car dealer, right out of the box slap on some comfort hard tire without any setting you are good for drifting. Personally I think that would be a good beginner's car to learn to drift and get the technique down before moving on to cars with more power. Good luck, and have fun eh.

'02 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD3S)
Power: 451hp
Weight: 1051kg

Parts to buy:

All 3 Stages Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforcement
Aero Kits (GT Auto)
Sports ECU
All 3 Stages Engine Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Comfort Tires Hard

Settings:

Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 12.6/10.8
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/2
Camber: 3.5/0.5
Toe Angle: -0.20/0.10

LSD Setting:

Brake ballance: 3/7

Downforce: 0/20

Well I'm still playing around with this set-up, but in my opinion is a pretty good base set up for this car. The car was tuned at the Tsukuba track with DS3 controller. It's pretty easy to control, quite manageable. I score roughly 17000 - 18000 for a full lap drift at Tsukuba. Proper throttle and steering control are a must. You will have to learn the car a bit to find the perfect line that work for you driving style, sometime you can punch it in second or third gear depending on the corner, without spinning out. If you find the car start heading to the wall, back off on the throttle, once you get a control of the car, feather the throttle, you should still be able to hold the drift through the corner, although I can drift the last corner at Tuskuba easily in third gear roughly 80% - 90% full throttle without the car sliding outward. Overall, it's pretty stable setup, will need a bit more fine tuning to your liking for sure. Always remember, throttle and steering control is the key for a good drift. Happy drifting, and enjoy :)

This tune is for the "Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08". I highly recommend it for both beginner and veteran drifters alike. My signature track with this car is Suzuka Circuit East.

Note: Setup was created using a wheel and in Drift Practice mode.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Wheel Settings:
Feedback Strength: 3

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforcement

ECU Tuning (Racing Chip)
Racing Air Filter
Catalytic Converter: Sports

Fully Customizable Transmission (this can be left with the default settings or tuned to your liking)

Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing

Adjustable LSD:

Rear:
Initial - 10
Acceleration - 30
Breaking - 20

Carbon Drive Shaft

Fully Custom Suspension:

Front Rear
-25 Ride Height -20
14.5 Spring Rate 14.5
7 Extension 7
7 Compression 7
5 Anti-Roll Bars 5
0.0 Camber Angle 0.0
0.0 Toe Angle 0.20

Brake Controller:
Front Rear
5 5

Comfort Hard Tires on both Front and Rear.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Last edited:
'02 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD3S)
Power: 451hp
Weight: 1051kg

Parts to buy:

All 3 Stages Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforcement
Aero Kits (GT Auto)
Sports ECU
All 3 Stages Engine Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Comfort Tires Hard

Settings:

Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 12.6/10.8
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/2
Camber: 3.5/0.5
Toe Angle: -0.20/0.10

LSD Setting:

Brake ballance: 3/7

Downforce: 0/20

Well I'm still playing around with this set-up, but in my opinion is a pretty good base set up for this car. The car was tuned at the Tsukuba track with DS3 controller. It's pretty easy to control, quite manageable. I score roughly 17000 - 18000 for a full lap drift at Tsukuba. Proper throttle and steering control are a must. You will have to learn the car a bit to find the perfect line that work for you driving style, sometime you can punch it in second or third gear depending on the corner, without spinning out. If you find the car start heading to the wall, back off on the throttle, once you get a control of the car, feather the throttle, you should still be able to hold the drift through the corner, although I can drift the last corner at Tuskuba easily in third gear roughly 80% - 90% full throttle without the car sliding outward. Overall, it's pretty stable setup, will need a bit more fine tuning to your liking for sure. Always remember, throttle and steering control is the key for a good drift. Happy drifting, and enjoy :)

Thank you, now I can drift my Keisuke RX7 :)

Kinasan your a great help mate. And I agree about the spoiler and the throttle control. Also I'll be sure to practice like you said. And LOL I. Bought the GT Apex the minute I saw it just in case I didn't see it for a while. And I think your right about me starting off with too much power. So I'll check out the Apex cause I haven't even tried it yet LOL.

So thanks again Kinasan. And i'll be back to let you know how I get on.

If no one beats me to it, I'll have my setup posted here within a day or 2. It's an awesome car to drift with.

Looking forward to your setup.. i did your toyota ft86 and your sileighty and they where great!! Tried tuning the 270 myself but im **** at it..

AutumnRingMiniGranTurismoS.jpg

'08 Maserati GranTurismo S
Power: 448hp

1337kg
Parts to buy:

stage 3 weight reduction
window weight reduction
Body reinforcement
Carbon or normal color hood
twin plate clutch
semi racing flywheel
carbon drive shaft
fully adustable suspension (can be skipped in the beginning)
comfort hard tires

Settings: (Can use stock suspension)

Ride height: -20/-20
Spring rate: 8.4/7.4
Shock bound: 4/4
Shock rebound: 4/4
Camber angle: 2.5/1.5
Toe angle: 0.00/0.00
Stabilizers: 4/4

Brake ballance: 5/5

TCS: 0
ASM: 0

The is setup is made for the people like me out there that have just started using a wheel when drifting, it's not perfect,
but it makes the learning easier. When through many car before I found a car and setup that was a good learning car.
As a little not, to start off with, don't upgrade the suspension until you get the feel of the trottle controll, then start
changing the suspension. 2nd gear is your friend ;-)

Good luck trying it, and let me know what you think of it.

Last edited:
'89 Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2Seater (Z32)
Power: 586hp approx

Parts to buy:

All Weight Reduction
Ridgidity Improvement
Stage 3 Engine
Racing Air Filter
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sprots Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Mid Range Turbo
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension
Brake Balance Controller
Comfort Hard tyres all round
Body Kit (no rear wing)

Settings:

Spring rate: 5.3/4.6
Ride height: -25/-25
Dampers (Extention): 5/5
Dampers (Compression): 5/5
Camber angle: 2.3/0.5
Toe angle: 0.0/0.2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/5

LSD Setting:
Initial Torque: 10
LSD Accel: 50
LSD Decel: 20

ASM: Off

Using DS3 for this setup and it drifts like a dream! Still experimenting at the moment though. Tuned at Tsukuba. Colour: Super Red, may change it though to something like Matte Black mabye, I don't have any chrome paint yet!

Nismo 270R '94 "control Pad used"

Power: 459bhp
weight: 1066

Parts to buy
-------------

-Stage 3 weight reduction
-Rigidity improvement
-Sports ECU
-Stage 3 engine tune
-Sports intake manifold
-Sports exhaust manifold
-Racing exhaust
-Mid range turbo
-Full custom transmission
-Twin-plate clutch
-Semi-racing flywheel
-Carbon propeller shaft
-Limited slip differential
-Custom suspension
-Tires comfort Hard

Suspension Settings
--------------------

-ride height : -43/-43
-spring rate : 13.0/12.8
-dampers ext: 7/7
-dampers comp: 7/7
-anti-roll: 2/7
-camber: 3.0/1.0
-toe: 0.00/0.15
-brakes: 5/5

ABS: 1
Recommended Gear ratio: 260

LSD settings
-------------

torque: 10
acceleration: 15
brakes: 20

Brief description
----------------
This was one of my early beginner cars and I found it very easy to drift and I used it as is with my own setup. This setup above has been tweaked to accommodate the stage 3 tune which I recently put on so now its got a bit more balls and can easily do tight corner drifts as well as long corners with ease. Good luck, hope the set-up works for whoever try's it.

I got two tunes to post, here is the first one.

ATTENTION: This tune is for the DS3(PS3 Controller)

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Power: 505 HP

Parts to buy:

Comfort: Soft Tires
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Aero Kit at GT AUTO
Stage 3 Engine Upgrade
ECU Tune
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Mid-RPM Turbo Kit
Custom Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft
Custom Suspension

Settings:

Spring rate: 10.8/8.6
Ride height: -20/-20
Shock bound: 6/6
Shock rebound: 6/6
Camber angle: 2.5/0.8
Toe angle: 0.00/0.20
Stabilizers: 5/5

All Driving Aids turned off except for ABS.

Downforce: 0/15

Little description of handling characteristics: Works great, has no problem holding a drift or initiating one either.

If you feel the need to change anything, send me a PM of what you changed so I can check it out as well! :P

Back