Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

Fyshokid - They certainly do :) Thanks for the comment!
kyve - Thanks!
Mr Turismo - Thank you for the comment! I'd be happy to help, what do you want to know? :dopey:
s12ken - Thanks s12ken :)
Nicknamealguem - Thanks for the comment, to each his own :) Actually I feel as though the first shot is the most... unnatural looking HDR, I almost left it out :P The third is my favourite!
Moglet - Hey, thanks! Most have got some degree of HDR applied to them, except the second, that's just a single exposure which would be eligible within 2.0 comp rules :) The first is made from 8 exposures or something... maybe a bit of overkill in retrospect. :P
SVX - Thanks! Glad to be of help!
Bram Turismo - Haha, sounds like you're enjoying it! My tip for some of the best driving I've had in the game: Go to your online lobby, just by yourself, and pick a stock supercar, like a Gallardo, or 458, or even a GT-R or something, pick Nurburgring Change Time, set the time to 3am or 4am and time progression to 15 or so, then drive a lap and watch the sun come up :) Bonus points for turning off the HUD so there are no distractions :D
Spyda- - Thanks Spyda :)

Those are ridiculous. I actually like the slightly overdone HDR. The third is a tad to overdone. But the tones and the compositions are great!

The third has got the halo effect going on... but the rest make the transfer to HDR with the minimal amount of it, and look friggin' awesome. The sky in the second one, specifically - wow. I like it more than the first, but I realize given the theme this week, why you chose the one you did. Track Creator's pretty awesome for Photomode, huh? :D

GT5Photographer - It's really a brilliant car, underappreciated in the wake of the new SLS, I'm afraid. In faux-722 form it's pretty darn nice looking too :D
Swiss Legend - Thanks! I was particularly happy with this set :)
Slip - Thanks Slip! To some degree the halo the third is exhibiting already existed in the original photo due to the wide aperture and short focal length causing a bit of vignetting, but the HDR has exaggerated it a touch. The second one isn't actually a HDR shot, that one is just a single exposure :) I'm surprised the sky in that has come up so well though, usually it washes right out if you're not careful when you take it. Glad you like it though, I almost didn't include the second at all, then I decided I needed a bit more variety in my angles. :) And my yes, the track creator is all kinds of awesome for Photomode. Tuscany is so picturesque.

Pure artwork! Really bold yet you keep a even feel to them all. First and second are my favs with probably the second beating out the first. The sky looks gorgeous!

Truly, truly, truly stunning. You must make KY and PD proud. As I've just said in Mogs gallery it makes me want to stiff for better so please keep it up.

Awesome set Rev, I love numbers 2,3 and 5 the most. And even though Slip pointed out the halo effect being obvious in number 3 I kind of like that one the most. I thinks it's the simplicity and raw focus of the car plus the colours that draw me in to that one most.

But beautiful work all around. 👍

I going to have and have a crack a HDR somtetime, haven't done that before.

RetroGiant - Thanks RG! Glad you like them :)
Ghertel - Thank you! My fav too. 👍
gibki8 - Glad you like them Gibki :)
sems4arsenal - Toscana is absolutely gorgeous by sunset, a lovely place to shoot.
Sprite - Thanks for the kind words :) I was rather pleased with how the SLR set turned out.
GPR - Mmm, the simplicity in the 3rd shot does it for me as well. It's a dramatic looking car, it suits it well I thought. Give HDR a try! It's easier than you think, and can look really stunning.
djskyline - Thanks dj :)
TVR&FF - Thank you TVR!
sejtur - Cheers Sej, came out well didn't it :)
Aost- - Haha, thanks! GT5 has lovely graphics to work with :)

Now a small update, taken from my set for this week's 2.0 comp, the theme being "Moneymakers", as in cars which have earned you lots of money. Now my Stealth R10 may not necessarily have earned me the most money, but the Like the Wind race at Indy certainly has. The R10 was the first car I was able to complete that series with, winning me the Minolta, another seriously fast ride, thus kickstarting a great deal of moneymaking for me! Enjoy!

Like the Wind - Audi R10 TDi Stealth @ Indianapolis Superspeedway

Click for full size.

Amazing the touch some noise can give when you apply it to a GT5 image. I definitely have to try that sometimes!

I just love the overall typical Revolution style on this one! :cheers:

I little too much noise on the car, but I am loving the glowing reflections on it. The tones give me a feeling of postcard from the 80's. Really great stuff. 👍

Like the wind? Nah, more "Like A Poster"!

Seriously, I could see this printed out at a few feet wide and sitting in bedrooms around the world. The serif font was the correct choice, the thin framing bars really tying it all together well too. And the image itself; love that you got a nice golden tone out of what's otherwise a very dreary track. The other cars just out of focus really adds to it as well (and reminds me of the theme too, which I guess is the point). Top work again Rev 👍

That's a stunning photograph, the composition and lighting are just jawdroppingly good. I think the noise is a bit too strong though, a little bit is good but this is too much for my tastes. The rest is sublime, though!

It's stunning shot for sure! I'm not a super fan of the straight black text on it, kinda wish it was a bit more stylized but still keeping its simplicity. Overall though its gets an A+ in my book!

Looking great Rev, the slight angle is nice to give it a bit of dynamic but the standout feature is the colour and lighting. Very sweet warm tones you got out of it. As Slip said it a bit of a dreary track. But this makes it look much more appealing and injects more of a mood or life into it.

I agree the noise may be a little too much but for the most part its only really bothering me on the car as noise always shows up more on darker tones.

Wonderful shot though, made even better in PS. 👍

Bram - It really does lift it, I think it might have been Moglet who mentioned in his own gallery once that the images straight from the game look too clean and 'rendered' and that adding noise is just a tiny thing which adds to the realism so very much. Thanks for the comment!
Nicknamealguem - Mmm, looking back now there is a bit too much on the car itself. I've taken that into consideration when making my actual 2.0 entry and lessened the visible noise over the car. :) The vintage postcard look is something which popped out to me as well, I was thinking a shot like this at Le Mans with the 60s LMP racers (P4, GT40, etc) would look good :D
Slip - Cheers Slip! It is somewhat poster-esque, I suppose. :P I do love that typeface (Walbaum LT Roman for anybody who's interested), glad you think it suits! Indy at first can seem a bit bland, but there are a few little bits and pieces of the track which are great, like the vividly coloured crowd zooming past, as well as the technicolour flags on top of the granstands.
Ghertel - Yup! Like the Wind is.. er, a breeze with the R10 :sly:
SVX - Thank you SVX!
Moglet - Cheers Mog, means a lot coming from you :) You're right about the noise, it is just a touch overdone on the car. I'll keep it in mind for next time. Thanks!
RetroGiant - Thanks RG! I toyed with the idea of typography for a while and eventually settled on it, just to add another point of interest I suppose. Thanks for the comment though!
GPR Thanks GPR :) It has just the slightest touch of HDR to bring out the shadows and prevent the sky from being blown out. Cheers! :dopey:

That picture is simply breathtaking Rev! Love the warm/golden tone you've given to the pic, and the font fits perfectly!
I have to agree with Spliz, It really looks "like a poster". You should definitely print it out and sell in in the GTP store! :)

And by the way, have you ever considered working for PD? You could probably make GT5 the best selling game ever if you made advertisements for it XD

Last edited:
I'm sorry Rev, but I think this is one of your least good pics. The stadium looks nice, and great composition, but the colors are too warm and theres too much noise IMO. And I don't really like the text on the top and bottom. But with least good I don't mean it looks bad ofcourse. ;) Just one of your "lesser" photo's.

EDIT: Yay 3000th post! :D

Yui-san - Ha, you flatter me! I'd love to work for PD, but my complete lack of Japanese would make that somewhat difficult I think. :P
gibki8 - Hmmm, I can't truthfully say I fully understand, but I think I get your gist. Thanks for the comment anyway!
sejtur - Thanks for your honesty! I knew not everybody would like it when I put it up, fair enough :) Hopefully you'll like my new update a bit more!

And on we go!

This is an older set, I shot it a month or so ago and it's been sitting in my GT5 Photos folder gathering dust until I got around to 'shopping them and uploading them today. You may recognise them though, the last image was my (winning ;)) entry in the Week... 4 2.0 comp. (Or was it Week 3? One of the two.) Anywho, it's a set from the Super GT race at Suzuka in the wet, one of the trickier races in that series. Please excuse the poor quality of the spray, sometimes I wish you could export images from the game in RAW. :grumpy: Pumping up the contrast really shows off the average JPEG quality we're stuck with. Also, I have now officially had enough of cleaning up the horrible pixelly outlines of the car when they're silhouetted against spray (or tyre smoke, for that matter). Grr!
Ah well. Enjoy!

Super GT race @ Suzuka (Wet)

Click for full size.

Sweet set Rev, I love the first two and last two shots best. Awesome tones and set mood.

Very much like the brake light motion blur on shot one and the spray/mist in the second last shot, even though image banding is apparent. (damn quality, its frustrating :grumpy:).

Anyway as whole very good stuff. Always look forward to your updates. 👍

Back