The ZR1 RM Killer - Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II @ Nürburgring

• Thread starter VinceOne
  • 77 comments
LongDong1
What a bad ass car:bowdown:, its so much fun to drive
Of course tested without any driving helps.
Test course: Nürburgring Nordschleife
My Time: 6'06 --> definitely the slowest in the round here!!! look at the other times here in the thread.....

Waiting for feedback and post things you may would optimize.Thanx

-TCS=0
-ABS=1

Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
fordgt1l.jpg

- 809 hp @1130kg

fully modded

aero: 50/70

Max Speed:380kph

RH: -40/-35

SR: 10.6/12.8

EXT: 6/6

COMP: 7/7

ROLL BAR: 5/5

CAMBER: 2.3/2.5

TOE: -0.10/0.10

Edit:
tested a bit online and thanks to Phantom3d changed
EXT front and rear to 6.same goes for the Test Car!!is much more smoother now.
but this is driver preference i guess...

Differential:

Initial: 0/35

Accel: 0/45

Braking: 0/50

Edit: Did almost the same setup on the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car and did a straight 6'00
forgt3.jpg

826 hp(616kw) @1165kg

fully modded

Max Speed: 400kph

height: -30/-25

SR: F 10.5/12.6

EXT: 6/6

COMP: 7/7

Rollbars: 6/6

CAMBER: 2.5/2.5 ----> 1.4/3.2 <----for Online

TOE: -0.10/0.10

BTW, i didn&#8217;t touched the brake balance on both cars.
it would be great if you could post your time you did on the ring with the setup and what changes you made to get this time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
This is a really good tune!
Im a tuner myself (albeit a small one!) Vengence Tuning

I feel this was really balanced, on the ring it was a riot, it felt controlled, poised and didnt make you wary of diving into a turn hard.

I found on flatter, shorter tracks (Top gear) that it was slightly to understeery and oversteery (if there words?! lol) for me to get a good lap time, I was constantly wrestling against the back stepping out.

I made the following adjustments, mainly just LSD, which is mainly driver preference anyway

LSD
I- 15
A- 40
B- 10

Only other adjustments were changing front damper compression to 6, and Changing Toe to- Front: NEG 0.25, Rear: POS 0.10

A great tune you made here mate, saved me alot of time

Cool beans man, like I said your tune is great on the ring, just on flatter ground it catches me out, but again I think 90% of that is driving style/LSD tuning.

After more testing on Suzuka I found these settings better for me:

LSD
I- 30
A- 55
B- 30

Only other adjustments were changing front damper compression to 6, and Changing Toe to- Front: NEG 0.25, Rear: POS 0.10

Hmm, I'm racing the Ring with the Test car using quite similar settings. I also love it. Biggest difference is compression - I set it to 5 or 6. Try with a 5. You need pliant and soft enough settings on the Ring. Otherwise, it becomes too bouncy, hard and easy to lose control.
I also go for not so aggressive deccelaration setting, since I think the car don't need it and I can use some extra turning under braking.

I find the camber settings a little too extreme. Do you have any problems with that?

P.S. Very solid time.

Edit: This tune is for the Ring, rught? For flat tracks, much harder setup is needed.

Just a question. I was going to try the setup for the Test Car (black one). Is the Ride Height not to be touched? I do not see any indication about it on the original post. The Test Car won't go as low as the Race car.

Also, anything about the brake balance would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Just a question. I was going to try the setup for the Test Car (black one). Is the Ride Height not to be touched? I do not see any indication about it on the original post. The Test Car won't go as low as the Race car.

Also, anything about the brake balance would be nice. Thanks in advance.

oh i forgot it. i edited 1st post.
height on test car is F -30 R -25.and brake balance is standard.

. ...Biggest difference is compression - I set it to 5 or 6. Try with a 5. You need pliant and soft enough settings on the Ring. Otherwise, it becomes too bouncy, hard and easy to lose control.

I find the camber settings a little too extreme. Do you have any problems with that?
Edit: This tune is for the Ring, rught? For flat tracks, much harder setup is needed.

I did the setup only for the nürburgring.
and i tried your compression settings
set to 5:
- car chassis moves to much imo
- couldn't corner that fast (was at least 6sec slower)

set to 6:
- it works quite well actually but i think it depends on the individual driving style

I don't mean to sound rude. But, a 6:06 isn't exactly fast enough to beat a ZR1 RM. it makes it a contender against the average driver. Anyways I bought the ford GT and am looking forward to trying this tune out for myself. Thx for posting ur tune.

I don't mean to sound rude. But, a 6:06 isn't exactly fast enough to beat a ZR1 RM. it makes it a contender against the average driver. Anyways I bought the ford GT and am looking forward to trying this tune out for myself. Thx for posting ur tune.

I consider myself to be not the fastest driver since i do some mistakes on track. but in the hands of a pro in can be a beast that can get some better lap times imo.
otherwise you’re right.a fully modded zr1 in the hands of a pro is maybe another story;)

IMAG0218.jpg

Did a few mistakes, guess I can do 5.54 in a perfect run. Was not the same setup, and not fully tweaked either. Will post more later, but have to go to work now!

Did a few mistakes, guess I can do 5.54 in a perfect run. Was not the same setup, and not fully tweaked either. Will post more later, but have to go to work now!

wow!!!thats fast.i knew that i am not the fastest driver but 12 seconds faster :eek: so what did you changed or is it a complete different setup?

826 hp(616kw) @1165kg -I only had 790.

fully modded

aero: 50/70 -Yes

Max Speed: 400kph No 390

height: F -30 R -25 - No F-40 R -40

SR F 10.5 R 12.6 No F 15,4 R 17,8

CAMBER F 2.2 R 2.5 No F 1,5 R 1,5

TOE F -0.10 R 0.10 No F -0,09 R 0,15

All dampers 7
Rollbars 6

LSD standard values.

Did it a bit quick. Would love to test your setup fully, hopefully have time tonight!

@ phantom3d you compared the setup with the test car ;)
but i just try yours ATM

Edit:
so finally tested yours in a private lobby and i don’t really get warm with it.
feels like i have no 100% control of the car.has less grip imo... but i think it depends on the individual driver.but i will test it in training mode soon!

Last edited:
VinceOne I tried your setup and it is great!
It is true that the setup I had was a bit to hard. You must have a steering wheel to not spin out in each corner.

Your setup is much smoother and easier to drive with, and if you go wrong with a bit to much over steer, you actually have a chance of saving it!

A bit on each setup:
Yes, I feel the same. Many high-speed corners on the ring. Keep the downforce maxed, but maybe lowering it a bit on the front could give a bit less under-steer? We can test it out.

Max Speed: 380kph
Yep, then it is maxed out on the straight, but if you are slipstreaming to pass someone 390 would be better. Depends on if you are alone or not.

RH F -40 R-35
Not sure exactly what this difference between F and R do, I usually keep mine all the way to the ground, but I did not feel any big difference, so it is good.

SR F 10.6 R 12.8
Not as stiff as mine, and that was a good thing. Depends on your driving style though. This feels smooth and you can hit the curbs without driving on two wheels for the next 100 meters.

Personally I have it 5 points stiffer F and R 11.1 and 13.3 now. Not sure if that is perfect either.

EXT F7 R7
It is good, but it feels better to have this on 6, the car sticks more to the road I think. Hard to explain, you'l have to feel it. Less bouncy.

COMP F7 R7
Yeah, feels perfect for the ring and my style of driving!

ROLL BAR F5 R5
Also feels good, have not tried anything else yet.

CAMBER F 2.3 R 2.5
Much higher than I usually go, but seems to work fine. A high camber will affect the grip in straight braking and acceleration, so it depends on what you are willing to sacrifice for better grip in the corner itself. Reducing the R camber a bit might lower the chance of a spin out? Need experimenting.

TOE F -0.10 R 0.10
A negative F toe gives a more precise feel when cornering, and -10 feels great for this car. But then again it depends on driving styles.
The rear I would have higher in such a high power RWD car, it gives u generally more stability. I'l keep mine at 0.22 at the moment.

Differential:

Initial: 0/35

Accel: 0/45

Braking: 0/50
The initial part I think is a bit to high, I spin out easily, but again this is to do with driving style. I think initial is how fast the LSD kicks in, and Accel is how hard. Correct me if I am wrong. Braking I did fine with.

Brake balance I usually go F 7 R 6. It feels like I get more stopping power and not having to press the brake all the way in.

All that said, a great base setup, and we can all do our own versions of it.

Edit:
I feel lap time wise I will not gain a lot from my way to hard setup. I still believe I can do 5.56 with this one maybe ever 5.54. Have not tried yet. But this setup is so much more controllable and that makes the lap-times more stable. I did 6.07's to 6.10's each time ONLINE. (Cold tires that get wear and not rolling start)

Last edited:
@Phantom3d its great to have some detailed feedback.👍
i just tried your Extension settings at 6 on the Test Car and i like it.
have to test it on the LM Race Car too.
i edited it on the 1st post.
i will try to set the rear toe to yours (0.22) and see how it works.
especially the Test Car has a big tendency for oversteering after accelerating after corners in 3rd and 4th gear.
so i will try to fix that!
the rest of the setup depends on our personal driving style as you already said.

thanks again:dopey:

Last edited:
Guys...Thanks a million for theese tunes. I just changed the lsd settings a little bit to my belongings an now this car rains down hell on the streets! Impressive how fast it is while sticking to the track like glue. Even under really high g forces.

I first didnt like this car but this tune changed it all. Now its definately one of my favourites... Would not have thought that tuning can change so much.

I am driving the GT LM Spec II Test Car btw.

Great Setup 👍
I´ve never driven a Ford GT which is so easy to drive at the limit.
It´s definitly a ZR1-Killer, after warming up several minutes i got a 5.48,608 arround the Nordschleife :scared:

Great Setup 👍
I´ve never driven a Ford GT which is so easy to drive at the limit.
It´s definitly a ZR1-Killer, after warming up several minutes i got a 5.48,608 arround the Nordschleife :scared:

NO COMMENT...........................................:bowdown:

Back