Cambo's GT Career - Oh look a Platinum car! 29/05/11

• Thread starter G.Cambo
  • 40 comments
I have always enjoyed taking photo's in games so I was thrilled to discover how flexible the new photo mode in GT5 was. Every car I have has, or eventually will, get the photo treatment whether it is Standard or Premium. I made this thread so I can show everyone these photo's and get some advice on how to take better photo's. I'm not the best photographer so I hope you can still appreciate them.

Curent Game Progress 37%
A-Spec Level: 21%
B-Spec Level: 29%
Number of Cars Owned: 122
Total Distance Driven: 18,167.0 km

Manager.pl

Cars in Garage
Audi TT Stealth edition
Autobianchi A112 Abarth ’79 - FF, 198hp, 634kg
Daihatsu Midget II D type ’98 - FR, 111hp, 525kg
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi ’71 – yellow - FR, 776HP, 1389kg
Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due '00 – orange – FF, 297hp, 927kg
Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe ’99 - MR, 304hp, 845kg - Monster oversteer
Honda Civic Type R - will find out specs very soon!
Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car ’87 FF, 283hp, 890kg - Deathwish!
Honda Z ACT - 75hp 469kg - HAHAHAHAHA!
Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence ’99 – FF, 288hp, 1073kg – awesome name!
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 Chromeline ’09 - Haven't tuned yet
Mazda 787B Stealth Race car ’91 - MR, 838hp, 830kg - Money Maker!
Nissan SILVIA spec-S AERO (S15) ’99 – FR, 254hp, 1022kg - Starting car
Nissan SILVIA K’s (S13) ’88 - FR, 395hp, 970kg - Drift Car
Pontiac Vibe GT ’03 - FF! 193hp, 1171kg
Toyota Castrol TOM’S SUPRA (JGTC) ’97 - 500hp - Oz League racer
Toyota FT-86 Concept ’09 - FR, 383hp, 890kg
Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10 - FR Need to get stats
Toyota Yaris RS 1.5 (J) ’00 - FF, 110hp, 940kg

WARNING: These photos are BIG! If you know a way to re-size them but not lose any quality please tell me.

Last edited:
Nissan SILVIA spec-S AERO (S15) ’99

Starting cars for me have been very important and a major part of the GT series.
-back in GT2 I started with a monster 1993 Toyota Supra Turbo eventually outmuscled me as it was tuned, I'm still scared of trying to control that car..
-In GT3 I started with a brand new jet black Corvette Z01. That won me a lot of races and was great to look at when it's brakes were glowing red behind the red rims I gave it.
-In GT4 I bought a gold Toyota Yaris....I loved my Yaris and I defend them to this day..my Nanna now drives one, I cant fit in it but I still love them!
-Now in GT5 I chose not to look up what was a good starter and went with my gut, on paper this Silvia Spec R Aero looked like it had the best power to weight ratio. It also came in a nice yellow color, was either that or a civic so I chose the rear wheel drive car because I find them more fun to drive.

With my starting car I always try and complete as many races as possible with it. Unfortunately this Silvia couldn't enter much so it was my mistake for choosing it. If I had to start again I'd probably pick a different car which could do more events.

These were the photo's which started it all, not in love with my starting car these photo's changed that and also gave me a lot of practice with the photo mode.

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

With this last photo I made sure the car was out of focus and the end of the tunnel was in focus, I think it looks great!

Last edited:
Toyota Yaris RS 1.5 (J) '00

I must of been one of the only people to get excited about seeing another Yaris race in Gran Turismo. It was also my first chance in the game to take a photo of so many cars at the first corner like this..

Manager.pl

In that photo I'm the gold Yaris, not as shiny as the one in Gran Turismo 3 but it did the job and I won the Yaris cup. I tried doing the same in B-Spec but Bob couldn't drive the thing so I gave up and decided to try again later...

Last edited:
Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe ’99

Prize cars in Gran Turismo have always been something to look forward to. When I won this next car I quickly said "Already".

I was surprised they would give out such a fast looking car so early in the game. I wanted to progress slowly in GT5 starting slow and finishing with the faster cars such as the Veyron and X2010.

I bought all the upgrades for the Berlinette and it taught me what it was like to drift on the PS3, So much smoke! The Berlinette won a lot of events for me which made up for my poor choice of a starting car.

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Was excited when I saw this shot, I thought it would make an awesome wallpaper.

Last edited:
Pontiac Vibe GT ’03

This is where my addiction with used cars started. I saw this in the used car lot and could afford it. I remember thinking that it looks pretty good for a used 4WD (was actually an FF!) so I grabbed it.

Manager.pl

Ive been having fun with photoshop lately, this one is obviously photoshopped. It was a dark blurry image but the only view of the Vibe which I liked. I brightened, sharpened and changed the color of the picture, now I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 ’09 Chromeline

I pre-ordered the Signature edition which gave me all the stealth and chrome cars. Finally I activated the chrome and stealth codes and decided to try them in game.

Manager.pl

Obviously wasn't ready for them. Going from a Silvia, Berlinette, Yaris and Vibe to cars like the 787B, Audi R8 and Murcielago gave me an all new respect to supercars.

Manager.pl

I got a friend who saw this and said it looks like a rocket...so true.

Last edited:
Mazda 787B Stealth Race car ’91
I do admit that the Stealth and Chromeline cars did give those who bought the Signature edition a huge advantage early in the game.

I used mine to win a few harder races which has earned me a lot of money. Most of my time spent playing GT5 so far would have to be on B-Spec mode in the Extreme Dream Car Championship where I just give one of my drivers this 787B and they usually earn me 108 or 78k while I do other things around the house.

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Last edited:
Autobianchi A112 Abarth ’79

This Autobiachi which can be won from the World Compact Car Race is eligible to join a lot of races. I tune my cars in stages usually, instead of buying everything I first usually buy enough stuff to make a certain race challenging to win and not too easy and boring.

Though judging from these photo's there were a few races where I had to bend some rules..

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

A more serious shot on the Toscana custom track, looks like a lot of cars could get a photo like this and it wouldnt look like they were on a race track!

Manager.pl

Last edited:
My question:

Which tv do you use?
I'm asking, because on the picture of the silver berlinette at Cape Ring i noticed some (i don't know what to call it) "stripes" in the sky (like bad graphics).
Since I've seen this effect on my tv as well, i assumed there was something wrong with it.

Edit: Great pictures!!

I don't think that's the TV's fault. As I put each photo onto my computer I sometimes edit them a bit with Photoshop, then I just click Save and by default that saves it as JPEG which might be the reason for the lines. Lately though Ive been saving them as PNG which should fix it. Ill need to edit some more photos and see how it turns out..

I was asking this, because i see his effect ("lines") ingame as well (brightness fades in the menu, everytime when sun is inolved, headlights when you receive a car from the truck, etc.).
I know this is a bit offtopic, but i like to know if you can see these effects ingame as well.

Toyota FT-86 Concept ’09

When I first saw this car I thought it must be something special to be a Toyota Concept so thought I should give it a test drive to see why. Oh man what a fun car to drive! Watching the replay I could see it was also a great car to watch especially when it started to drift which was surprisingly easy.

Reading the description it said it was inspired by the Trueno AE86. I had too much fun using it as a race car though so I bought all the parts for it tuned it and am very happy with how it competes with other race cars. If this car does drive like this in real life then I'm going to seriously think about buying one if Toyota ever do release it to the public!

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Was lucky to get this shot. I managed to take the photo the moment between the background lighting change and the cars lights turning on.

Manager.pl

Last edited:
Hey thanks Hondafanatic, theres so many galleries with just pictures of cars but nothing really behind them, no history. For 1 person a Daihatsu Cuore could just be a cheap crappy car, for someone else it could be the most fun car in GT5!

Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car ’87

Was surprised when I won this car from the Clubman Cup. I wasn't expecting to win a car covered in stickers so early in the game! It is obviously older than most cars in the game and just by looking at the amount of stickers it has you can tell it was something special back in it's day.

It did have something special but I found something was missing, it was too easy, nothing scary about it. I thought Id tune it so I used VTiRoj's tune from RKM Motorsport which was originally meant for the Civic VTi-R.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136731

Finally it gave the car some guts, I felt it was a lot faster and it was challenging but fun to fight the cars understeer. I did a race with it on Grand Valley reverse and on 1 of the back corners it was scary speeding through using the bumper view camera while trying to get as close to this barrier as possible while fighting the cars obvious deathwish.

Manager.pl

I need your help with this. I like this shot but I cant decide which one is best, What you think?

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Last edited:
Nissan SILVIA K’s (S13) ’88

Ive always enjoyed drifting in driving games so was glad to see how much smoke can be made in GT5. It isnt much but it's a big improvement from GT4!

The green Silvias are very common in Australia, just like the Holden Toranas used to be the Silvia has replaced it as a first cheap car for boy racers everywhere so they are a very common site. Just going to a drift competition I would say 7 out of every 10 cars was a green Silvia...

In GT5 I found a tune which works well
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135527&page=4
It is VERY easy to drift for a long time. I havent tuned an AE86 I got yet but this is my drift car of choice for now.

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Last edited:
Just fixed most of the shots on here with an effect called Clairify which basically brings out some details and make the cars look more real.

Manager.pl

Daihatsu Midget II D type ’98

Yes it's back! Ever since GT2 Ive been laughing at this car and having fun with it. Back when I was in high school I remember the gardener driving around in a Midget, it's funny to think years later that I'm enjoying that same car in GT5 compared to other obviously more powerful cars in the game.

Thankfully in GT5 the truck Race lets the Midget participate which is interesting. Stock it doesnt stand a chance. I could ram all the other cars as much as possible, jump corners and so on to help but the Midget was just too slow...

Manager.pl

But eventually after buying some more upgrades I came back and won the truck championship with the Midget. Some say the Midget was only allowed as a joke car. I disagree it's definitely possible to win races with this thing!

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Last edited:
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi ’71
At the moment this is my most powerful standard car, 776hp! I used this in the Muscle Car cup and dominated them, wasnt used to the back swinging out but it was still fun. Ive always liked the muscle cars so plan to buy a lot more and compare them.

Manager.pl

Audi TT Stealth edition

Not a fan of the Audi's but I wanted to try capture it, don't think I got any good angles but I like the second shot.

Manager.pl

I was playing around with this in Photoshop and found lots of ways to make it look like a painting, pretty happy with this though I'm sure some people will probably hate me for butchering it :nervous:
Manager.pl

Latest Posts

Back