Cambo's GT Career - Oh look a Platinum car! 29/05/11

• Thread starter G.Cambo
  • 40 comments
Sorry havent been active on this site much. Been so busy I have kind of had to stop playing Gran Turismo.

But the good news is that I had planned for this and I had taken a lot of photos after the time in which I had taken the next few photos but this gallery will keep me playing GT5 for a while even if it's just to jump on and take a few photos of some cars in the garage which I haven't captured yet.

Took this photo on the Eiger Nordwand track just fiddling around with Paintshop again, just tried to make the mountain look more realistic.
Manager.pl

Honda Z ACT

This has got to be one of the worst cars in GT5, 75hp 469kg blehhhhh. Tried to get some good shots of this with others cars in the picture but it's just so dam hard! I gave up and ended up driving the other way..

Manager.pl

Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10
I love this car even more than the standard version FT-86. Im not really sure why it's called the sports version other than coming with a carbon fire bonnet which looks awesome on the green it came in.

Of course I tuned it for drifting and it works great! I need to compare it to an old Trueno but it is very fun, maybe my favorite drifting car I got.

Manager.pl

I tried and tried and tried to get a better picture than this. It just seems like the car needs to be moving! I didn't like this photo to start out with but it's starting to grow on me like another one of those abstract type of photo's I seem to like every now and then.

Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due 2000 – orange – FF, 297hp, 927kg

Havent done a standard car for a while so I found this picture to upload.

297hp, 927kg is a decent power to weight ratio, Looking at the car I thought it was mainly a show car but it really does look its best when turning which is what I wanted to capture in this photo.
Manager.pl

Toyota Castrol TOM’S SUPRA (JGTC) ’97

I joined an online racing league for GT5 a while ago. In that we all had to use the 97 Toyota Castrol Toms Supra. Im a bit of a fan of Supras so I was keen to join. The first race was on Trial mountain with 12 other racers in a 16 lap race. I love trial mountain because of how bumpy and unique it is, tight sections, some large corners, long straights and a fun speed bump at the end!

This was the first time I competed in a race online so I was kind of nervous. I had a good start and got into 2nd by the first corner. We were all being very careful not to bump each other but thanks to the view in GT you really have to be aggressive about positioning because if you aren't someone else will take it and you cant bump them out of the way.

I got into first through the first few corners but somehow managed to spin out in the corner leading into the back straight. I had just bought a Logitech G25 steering wheel so did not know how to recover from oversteering yet! I found myself in last position but I was able to gain a lot of ground through some good driving lines.
Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Really like the pit shot, I haven't seen anyone else do it. It is sometimes hard to get a good view of it but it's reasonable enough.

I chose to pit half way through the race which helped me gain one or two places thanks to the fresh tires. I was able to catch up to 7th and 6th on the back straight and overtake them both on the inside at the same time. I had to drive aggressively to get the line I wanted so I had to go very wide out of the corner so I didn't obstruct them too much.
Manager.pl

On the last lap I was lapped by 1st and 2nd, I tried to keep up but I couldnt. First place was able to get in front by the second last corner and I had a great view of the battle.

After they crossed the line I saw that 6th place was a while away so thought I just go insane in the last lap and see how fast I could go without losing control.
Manager.pl

After the bumps in the first few corners I was going so fast after a small jump I had to turn fast which led to me doing a massive drift around 2nd place who was driving slow. My car was a ghost unfortunately but it still made a good photo I think.
Manager.pl

Last edited:
Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence ’99

I saw this cars name is the used car dealership and thought it would be some new car Ive never seen before. It has such an awesome name meant for a race car so I was a little dissapointed to see it looking a bit like an Excel which have been popular in Australia.

I left it green, put a spoiler on it and tuned it up. Not happy with it's performance but it is pretty unique looking and the name seems to suit it's style.

Manager.pl

Honda Civic Type R

Haven t posted anything for a while, got heaps of photo's but trying to get motivated enough to load up GT5 and get some info. I still got heaps of photo's which I'll be uploading over time.

Not a fan of the Civic's, won this and gave it some red rims. Did fully tune it but nothing really exciting.

Manager.pl

Manager.pl

Back