GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
Yep, jaw-dropping work as usual. Yes. All of it.

And makes losing my PS3 all the more painful, too.

Just read about that in the current MPC poll. Very sorry to hear mate. :(

Glad you stopped by though, always a pleasure to have a great comment from a respected member and talent. :)

Not sure it's all jaw-dropping worthy but I like to be consistent. 👍

GPR
Just read about that in the current MPC poll. Very sorry to hear mate. :(

Glad you stopped by though, always a pleasure to have a great comment from a respected member and talent. :)

Not sure it's all jaw-dropping worthy but I like to be consistent. 👍

Mm, well just the disc drive has gone on it, but nevertheless I'm not sure what to do next about it. In any case, I'm not going to have a PS3 for a while. Maybe not...ever? I don't know. Oh well. Thank you for your condolences. ^^; I may indeed put some of my new spare time in entering the photo competitions again.

Stopping by is my pleasure, I love your work. I think my favourite...is the McLaren set. However the Citroen rally car is also quite well done. And I love the style of the Enzo shots.

And don't worry. You are consistently awesome. ^^;

Mm, well just the disc drive has gone on it, but nevertheless I'm not sure what to do next about it. In any case, I'm not going to have a PS3 for a while. Maybe not...ever? I don't know. Oh well. Thank you for your condolences. ^^; I may indeed put some of my new spare time in entering the photo competitions again.

Stopping by is my pleasure, I love your work. I think my favourite...is the McLaren set. However the Citroen rally car is also quite well done. And I love the style of the Enzo shots.

And don't worry. You are consistently awesome. ^^;

Well if it's just the drive that should be an easy fix, drives are pretty cheap these days. I guess the biggest loss is the data. :grumpy:

Well I hope you get it going again and perhaps re-ignite some passion for GT5 and Photomode particularly. But totally up to you.

Interesting choice the McLaren Set.

Anyhoo once again thanks for the kind words very much appreciated. 👍

GPR
Well if it's just the drive that should be an easy fix, drives are pretty cheap these days. I guess the biggest loss is the data. :grumpy:

Well I hope you get it going again and perhaps re-ignite some passion for GT5 and Photomode particularly. But totally up to you.

Interesting choice the McLaren Set.

Anyhoo once again thanks for the kind words very much appreciated. 👍

Well. It depends on if Sony will touch it at all, which is looking like a no. Apparently they don't fix out-of-warranty PS3s in Canada (but if I lived 100 odd miles away in the U.S. Totally fine!) And I'm not sure if I trust anyone else (or myself) to touch it to fix that errant Blu-ray drive. I'm beginning to think my only option is to...buy a new one. A none too appealing option for a student. ^^;

I was just planning on starting to do some photo stuff too, of course. So, it'll probably stick around for a while...

Cheers. ^^

Ok so back to a smaller normal size set for me. Nothing too flash but went with some muted tones on some of this set.

TVR Tuscan Speed 6
@ Cape Ring Periphery

Click for larger images

holy moses, you know it's great, so im not gonna bother saying that.

The thing I find interesting is, you really captured the essence of your signature in those photos. The classy delicate curvy white lines, represents the TVR very well. I think it's the first time I've seen a signature stamp actually accentuate the picture. It's better with it!

Clap-Clap-Clap

krakozyabr - Thanks man, it's quite a pictueresque track. I reckon I would have had more nice shots had I more time when I did that shoot, I only got aobut halfway through shooting one lap before I had to go somewhere so all the shots are not very far into the course. But i'm sure I'll do another shoot there later.

Nicknamealguem - Cheers Nicknamealguem, :D

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
- Thanks TVR, you do like your close ups don't ya.

MiniMarco - Thats and interesting observation, and makes perfect sense. I didn't really think of that while doing it but yes you're absolutely right it does marry well with the curves of the car. Thanks for comment. 👍

Cod_Father - Many thanks Cod, I was pretty happy with that shot it pretty needed almost nothing done to it, apart from a bit of noise. So thats always nice when something comes out great as stock. :)

Grand Prix - Thanks GP. :cheers:

Spectacular shots, GPR! All of them are! Really nice presentation with your gallery, as well.

That TVR set is gorgeous. I love that third one, I really like the colours.

Love the last three TVR shots.

Citroen C4 set is very well done. The warm colours and contrast really make them exotic in some way.

Excellent update - the second shot really emphasises the curviness of that car against the contrast of the straight, rigid grandstands. The colour cast suits the set very well too. My other favourite is that closeup of the headlight, the shallow depth of field is lovely. Great stuff :)

SVX - Cheers SVX! Glad you like them. :D

Sprite - Thanks Sprite, I like the colours I got out of that one too. :)

chromatic9 - Ahh yes the black and white trio. I like shooting in black and white really makes you focus on the light. Thanks for nice comment. 👍

Revolution - Mucho's thanks Rev, I really liked the way the back filled the bottom frame when I shot it and contrsted with top, pretty much like you've described. Event though it's similar to shot one I really wanted to include it also. :)

As for the close up, I like doing the occasional close up shot, only thing is trying to avoid any too obvious low poly edges. Anyway thanks again for the comment. 👍

Fantastic, GPR. 👍

And yes, the Tuscan asks for muted tones, so as not to distract from its beautiful forms.

Great work.

Pointguard - Thanks Pointguard. :)

DiabolicalMask - Yeah it does work well with a muted pallet. Thanks for stopping by and for the comment. 👍

So beautiful, they look like really well done art-pencil drawings. I like the last one, it reminds me of an old Monte-Carlo rally type poster for some reason

Absolutely awesome in terms of lighting and composition, the detail of the headlight is my favourite of them all but they all have a special feel to them that is rarely found at that location! I love how you've ignored the obvious bright colours that Cape Ring offers and have instead gone for a toned down, more mature look.

Elstro - Thanks man. :)

grrlpurple - haha mouthwatering huh. Cheers for the coment. 👍

boozybloke - Thanks boozybloke, I suppose they do look a bit like ultra realistic drawings. Glad you like them. :D

Moglet - Actually found it difficult to get the look I was after having the mode on full colour so going with a muted pallet look so much nicer to me. Many thanks for the comment mate. 👍

Thanks to everyone who has commented it's very much appreciated.

It's been a while since my last update, getting harder to find the time to do them so updates are alot more spaced apart. Anyway here's my latest.

I actually did the shoot a couple weeks ago in prep for week 1 of photoshop comp. But only just got around to editing a set from them. I wasn't overly happy with them but they turned out alright I guess. Will be interested to know what you guys think.

Golf GTI

@ High Speed Ring

Click for larger images

Wow! What a great set - my favourites would have to be the first, fourth and fifth shots. Love how you captured the weather and the colours in the sky. 👍

Back