CLOSED: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 14

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 154 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this photo. Just messing about doing donuts at Laguna Seca.

5485366875_eb4e993863.jpg

Full size image here

Making this my - Final Entry

Last edited:
We need to change the poll style to H2H2H so that we can include Dodge/Mopar. We need the "Big Three" and not the crappier 2 of the three. :sly:

We need to change the poll style to H2H2H so that we can include Dodge/Mopar. We need the "Big Three" and not the crappier 2 of the three. :sly:

Mopar is famous because they were better at crying to NASCAR officials than building engines. Their hemi isn't even in the same league as Ford's.

Mopar is famous because they were better at crying to NASCAR officials than building engines. Their hemi isn't even in the same league as Ford's.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone! I was just joking! It's all the same in racing. All the restrictions and such, so it really doesn't matter. I was not bashing Ford or Chevy. Mopar just has some nice additions to this Head 2 Head battle, like Vipers and Challengers, so I would like to see them included to.

But in response to your comment, that's why they used the 440. And I think the Hemi was pretty successful for drag racing where the motor is more of a factor.

Thanks!

Since the rules state I can't do an HDR shot, let alone an HDR composite shot, and Dodges aren't part of the theme, when I first submitted an entry last Sunday, I originally settled for a non-HDR version of one of my Ford Mark IV shots.
PREVIOUS ENTRY

But that was my original entry - NOW REPLACED with this new shot. Oh, I might regret this in the end - I've never changed an entry before, and I'm changing from a Premium model to a Standard model (:dopey:), but I really like the shot. And, let's face it, I'm a bow-tie guy at heart, not a blue-oval guy. :)

Worked on it for the Photomode/Photoshop contest (car meet poster entry), and liked it enough to rework it as a single-exposure shot (the one in the other contest used a bit of HDR, so I had to rework this extensively with just curves and h/s layers). Here's hoping that the poll will contain my new...

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Click image to view full size

Original Image Here
Something simple I cobbled together with my limited software and skill. Lots of blurs and other effects has created a look I rather like.
(For the record, this was the first time I've taken this car out in it's fully stock guise... it only likes slideways!)

Struggling with this one again, don't want to enter the Mach 1 because I used it for last weeks comp, the Z28 in RM form doesn't seem to be very Photogenic :(

Final Entry

SlipZ, have you seen my tutorial for putting the big image links in the previews in last week's comp? Maybe you can put it in the read this sticky, because I still see people not doing it, and that costs you more time.

Nice, Aleman. 👍

Changing my final entry. I may have a shot with this one.
Final Entry
"Sibling Rivalry"

SlipZ, have you seen my tutorial for putting the big image links in the previews in last week's comp? Maybe you can put it in the read this sticky, because I still see people not doing it, and that costs you more time.

Sej, do you have options that would work for flickr users? When we upload a photo there, we can choose from multiple sizes (from thumb all the way up to 1024 px wide) when it comes to BB Code or HTML, but if we select a URL/link to the image, it links to the page the image is on, requiring the viewer to click on the image one more time to see it full-size. As far as I can tell, there is no way for flickr users to post a URL link to the full-size version.

Otherwise, you could rest assured I'd be providing direct links to my full-size images - they all look so much better big! :D

sixtoes
Sej, do you have options that would work for flickr users? When we upload a photo there, we can choose from multiple sizes (from thumb all the way up to 1024 px wide) when it comes to BB Code or HTML, but if we select a URL/link to the image, it links to the page the image is on, requiring the viewer to click on the image one more time to see it full-size. As far as I can tell, there is no way for flickr users to post a URL link to the full-size version.

Otherwise, you could rest assured I'd be providing direct links to my full-size images - they all look so much better big! :D

I use Flickr, and I don't have any problems posting a thumbnail. That takes people to the full size shot, but only when they click on the thumbnail.

Since the rules state I can't do an HDR shot, let alone an HDR composite shot, and Dodges aren't part of the theme, I'll have to settle for submitting the following. Though it bears quite a bit of resemblance to a shot I posted in my gallery awhile back, this particular rendition was done with a single exposure, as per the contest regulations. If I get time this week, I might change this to an all-new shot - but, for now, this is my...
FINAL ENTRY

DAMN! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back