Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

Love these pictures! Great update with the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, your pictures make it look less overweight. :P

LOVING the R8 magazine spreads - perfect composition, quality execution on the photography and post-processing, and spot-on text. (By the way, what font is that - I can think of a couple that it looks close to, but I can't quite get the match.)

franz - Haha of course! I remember wondering how you did it back in the day :) Yeah, the top down reflection is pretty tricky, I ended up creating a new reflection using 6 or 7 layers, each part skewed or stretched to look right... it is very tricky though, especially the front corner of that bumper.
:)

Hey Rev, just browsing your gallery and I came across the Ferrari shot, and I noticed you said you used like 6 or 7 layers to get the reflection right. You could do it that way, but you should try using the liquify filter. You can kind of morph and warp the image around and have a minimal amount of detail loss. It kind of takes some getting use to, but if you can figure it out, you can get some really good results. I've been doing some things with it and it's given me the best results. You should give it a shot. I am going to work on a new shot using it.

Later!

Great Update with the 599, but also the M5!
Just one question.... can I use 2 of your photos to make a Avatar/Signature - Combo for another forum? Would be cool! :)

Nice remix, I love what you've done with the colour cast on the car and the red stripe running along the road is a great little touch 👍

ceiling_fan - Haha, thanks! Glad you liked it :)
chromatic_9 - Cheers :dopey:
Nicknamalguem - Hehehe, thanks! I thought I'd mix it up a touch :) Glad you liked the thunderstorm, I thought it was pretty cool :sly:
sems4arsenal - It is a great car, hopefully I emphasised it well!
SVX - Thank you!
GTTurtle - Hehe, it's all in the lighting! It can look a bit chubby from some angles though :P
sixtoes - The font is Audi Sans, I did a bit of a google search for Audi's corporate font and it turned up :)
screenshot20110307at112.png

440 Charger - Aha! I'm familiar with the liquify tool - in fact I did use it a bit in that reflection, mainly curving the reflection around the front point of the nose. I haven't explored it much though, only really tried the default settings! I'll have a more in depth look and see what I can do with it. :)
EmptySoul - Sure thing, go ahead! Just remember where to link people to should anyone ask where they came from :)
GPR - Thanks GPR, I tried to go for something a bit different and unusual. Glad you liked it!
Moglet - Thanks Mog :) It's all in the details! :sly:
Ghertel - Thanks Ghertel :)

New update incoming... I'll put it in the next post so it can head up a fresh page. :P

Chevrolet Camaro SS @ Grand Valley Speedway

Click for full size.

Man that yellow really pops, its so bright and works very well with the blue hue you've got of the road and tunnel. Nice

Revolution, I'm honestly surprised your entry doesn't have as many votes. I love the creativity of the composition and sense of speed mated with the colorful template you put on it.

Excellent work as always.

I don't know why I didn't visit your gallery before, everything is amazing Rev. 👍

Really quality stuff!

Love the Camaro set. I thought it might have been painted in Lime Green or Envy at first and then saw it was yellow...and was slightly disappointed. :lol:

Aston Martin DBR9 @ Circuit de La Sarthe

Original Image

Click for full size (recommended).

It's been too long since I last updated, I know! I blame Uni. :P For all those hanging out for the Quantum of Solace update, don't worry, it's still coming, it is just on the backburner for the moment until I can round up a couple of friends to drive Alfas for me whilst I take photos from the DB9. :)
In the meantime though, my entry for the Photoshop comp this week, unfortunately there are two other DBR9 entries, but hopefully mine will stand out :)

Jason_B - Thanks! Glad you like the set :)
GPR - Cheers! I love the super bright yellow of the Camaro and so tried to emphasise it as much as in these shots.
SVX - Thanks SVX :)
Benmastaw00t - Aah, these things happen I suppose, there were better entries though! Thanks for the comment though, glad you like it!
Nicknamalguem - Thank you! Thanks for the vote also :D
Aleman - Thanks for stopping by! I aim to please ;)
sems4arsenal - Cheers sems!
725 - Thank you 725, had a lot of love for that set :P
Terronium-12 - Aaahaha, it's supposed to be Bumblebee from Transformers! You can't have Bumblebee in green! Thanks for the comment :dopey:

Aston Martin DBR9 @ Circuit de La Sarthe

Original Image

Click for full size (recommended).

It's been too long since I last updated, I know! I blame Uni. :P For all those hanging out for the Quantum of Solace update, don't worry, it's still coming, it is just on the backburner for the moment until I can round up a couple of friends to drive Alfas for me whilst I take photos from the DB9. :)
In the meantime though, my entry for the Photoshop comp this week, unfortunately there are two other DBR9 entries, but hopefully mine will stand out :):

Truly lovely shot, sharp detailed and most of all a really clean and very well excited edit. Count on my vote 👍

Awesome DBR9 👍 Perfect time setting and location. Clearly those editing on the vents are amazing, did you draw them or get them from donor photos? I reckon those texts on the wing are real pain in the butt.

Got My Vote also ,Brilliant Work Rev (Now I wish we had some GT cars in this game ),I really can't describe how much I love this Photo .Great skills 👍

Sprite - Thanks :) When photoshopping I go a bit crazy over detail, adding every last little thing, but in the end that's what makes the image I think :)
franz - Thank you franz! I experimented for a while with different time settings at La Sarthe, midday, night time... ended up settling for a 5am shoot and made it a 5 bracket HDR. Vents are airbrushed from scratch, I overlaid a donor image to get a feel for the location and size of them but then airbrushed them myself. What with the lighting and detail I couldn't get a donor image which would graft on there neatly, there was no solution but to airbrush :) And ah! You noticed the text on the wing! It was tricky to find a good donor image, the one I did find was totally the wrong angle and needed to be transformed a lot to get it to fit. Then the liquify brush was used a bit to warp it to fit some more. And then blurred so it didn't stand out so much!
sems4arsenal - Thanks sems! I'm also sad at the lack of cars like this in GT5, I was disappointed that the DB9 didn't have a racing modification option which turned it into a DBR9. :( Photoshop is the next best thing I suppose :P
Terronium-12 - Thanks! Depends what you mean by 'it'... if you mean gallery updates then yes I shall be trying to do them more frequently! If you mean the Photoshop comp then maybe... it really depends on the theme and how much time I have on a week-by-week basis! I do enjoy it though, and will try and entry a few more comps :)
Grand Prix - Thanks GP :dopey:
Nicknamalguem - Thanks Nick! There's no real trick to it, just use the free transform tool and a bit of the Liquify filter to wrap them to the shape of the body. It's just a case of doing it as you go and stop when it looks right! 👍
SVX - Thank you SVX :)
Cod_Father - Thanks Cod! Glad you like it! By the way, thanks for the car in GT5, I didn't have the Weds Sport Lexus, thanks for sending it :)

Back