Sprite's Gallery Ferrari - 30.11.2012

• Thread starter Sprite
  • 289 comments
I quite like shot two of the 330 P4, in the rejects lot.

Also the red on the Citroen comes up quite nicely. Good tones on that shot.

I feel the third reject, would of been a better entry. But only if the McLaren logo wasn't in the shot.

How in the h-e-double hockey sticks did I miss this gallery? Stunning work and very inspirational. Outstanding emotion in every shot. I've subscribed to this thread so I don't miss it anymore.

I really like the Jag, McLaren and 330 P4 photos. I think my favourite is the last Jag one. Very good lighting on it.

I can hardly tell those last two are HDR. Looks real. 👍

Thanks, as for the HDR shots I've tried to play around and try and get a more natural tone, sometimes (as with the P4 shots) HDR Ccan be too obvious so I wanted to go another direction.

Brilliant Again ,You haven't over done the HDR on those and it adds that something Extra that makes those Images (So Brilliantley awesome :D )

Cheers 👍

The Suzuky shot looks really alive! Must be because of the noise - it's pretty spot on. Also, I couldn't tell if they where HDR at all - which is great. 👍

Much appreciated, I was torn mid edit on the Suzuki, because Photomatix was giving me the opportunity to boost the yellow allot and I was thinking of going in that direction but eventually decided on dulling down the saturation just a bit.

Funny, I just posted a pic of a Suzuki SX4 at Liege (Gravel) yesterday. Great motion and tilted angle, brings out the body roll. Liking the first Citroen as well, excellent job on the details without overdoing it.

Yeh saw that image it's truly stunning. Thanks 👍

GPR
I quite like shot two of the 330 P4, in the rejects lot.

Also the red on the Citroen comes up quite nicely. Good tones on that shot.

Yeh the red on the Citroen was a hard colour as Photomatix tends to lean heavy towards Red and one or two notches in the wrong direction was giving too much bleed into the red end, so in turn washing out the details and lighting of the paintwork.

Thank you for the comments.

I feel the third reject, would of been a better entry. But only if the McLaren logo wasn't in the shot.

I toyed with the idea of using that shot but alas I settled on the other simply because I though the sparse open black of the image would put allot of people off. I need to be more brave in the shots I choose. Thanks.

How in the h-e-double hockey sticks did I miss this gallery? Stunning work and very inspirational. Outstanding emotion in every shot. I've subscribed to this thread so I don't miss it anymore.

:embarrassed: you made me blush, thanks. I will try not to disappoint.

Love the First Shot, the 2nd is a little weird, don't like the angle to much, but the HDR's are done just about perfectly.

Love the First Shot, the 2nd is a little weird, don't like the angle to much, but the HDR's are done just about perfectly.

I agree about the second, the thing that bothered me wasn't the angle but the front end of the car is slightly out of focus. :scared:

Thanks for the comments on the HDR.

Last edited:
I quite like the third shot. Just the right tone and it isn't overexposed and is hardly noticeable as an HDR edit. Terrific. 👍

The HDR effect is at the perfect balance of being noticeable but not overdone. Very well done on all 3 pics, my favorite is #3 because of the angle.

Change the thread title! Almost missed your update ;)

Cheers guys, my last set of HDR's were a bit too subtle so I did try and show more of the signs of it been HDR this time around. Updated the title CF. LOL

I haven't had much time this week for much GT5 action. so only one shot.

One shot from you can be better than 100s from me! ;)

damn, that looks good! Mostly I don't like the HDR shots, but this one is more like a piece of Art!

I love the mood and composition.

Thanks, the HDR was a bit stronger than normal but i wanted to get feeling of brooding weather with the shot, just before a thunderstorm when the light comes through low and heavy cloud, bit like when there is an eclipse.

One shot from you can be better than 100s from me! ;)

damn, that looks good! Mostly I don't like the HDR shots, but this one is more like a piece of Art!

I'm sure that's not the case, I'm going to head over to your gallery now and have a look-see.

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:
A bit too strong of an HDR in some parts for my likings, but at the same time, I'm really loving the purple tone. Also, angle, composition, and blur contrast are excellent.

Nicely done, certainly brought out the reflections and details. I think the simple angle works great with HDR shots.

A bit too strong of an HDR in some parts for my likings, but at the same time, I'm really loving the purple tone. Also, angle, composition, and blur contrast are excellent.

Amazing how a bit of HDR adds so much realism to GT5 images. Great stuff!

That is bloody lovely, that is...

Awesome work here!

Thanks guys for the comments, sorry for been a bit late to reply.

Hope you enjoy the next batch.

All are HDR, and the Viper shots were inspired by CF's amazing HDR viper shot. I didn't own any of these cars until that shot. Cheers CF.​

I can't believe I inspired your Viper shots! :embarrassed: Unless by CF you mean Cod_Father or chaser_fan :P Yes the ACR Viper is a great car for shots, always seems to turn out really nicely, like the F40. I actually have 2 HDR ACR's in my gallery, was it this one or this one (#5) that made you wanna try it?

Excellent update, the Vipers are quite good but my fave has to be the second to last shot... WOW :drool: :bowdown:

Really good shots Sprite. FT-86 shots are actually quite realistic. I really like the first shot of the Viper.

I can't believe I inspired your Viper shots! :embarrassed: Unless by CF you mean Cod_Father or chaser_fan :P Yes the ACR Viper is a great car for shots, always seems to turn out really nicely, like the F40. I actually have 2 HDR ACR's in my gallery, was it this one or this one (#5) that made you wanna try it?

Excellent update, the Vipers are quite good but my fave has to be the second to last shot... WOW :drool: :bowdown:

I did mean your good self, it was that lovely B&W shot that inspired me, it really suits the stronger HDR look and I just didn't own any type of Viper, I'm now a proud owner of a 1000+ BHP monster.

Thanks guys for all the comments, TVR I will be putting up my shots for the 2.0 comp that you chose the theme for, I had managed to get some shots but no time to do any editing, I'm sorry I missed it.

Latest Posts

Back