Sprite's Gallery Ferrari - 30.11.2012

• Thread starter Sprite
  • 289 comments
I love your style of pictures, your gallery as well as other people's galleries inspire me to make my own. Too bad I don't have the patience to take such amazing shots. 👍
P.S. Did you ever find the name of the paint on your Lamborghini? I NEED that paint! :drool:

Thanks 👍 the colour was Premium LeMans Blue (3P) I'm not sure if it's a special colour or not, I'm sure if you check Slips list of colours you will find where to get it in the game. :)

Some Bonus Shots:

5479082829_70536004e7_o.jpg

I wanted to replicate what a magazine image would look like after a long time in the future, cross New Vegas and GT5 :)

I love the first SLR shot and the second DB9 shot. Both are great on subtle light and mood. 👍

Also digging the polaroid style shot of the F40, the tone and rough quick taken feel of it makes look quite authentic.

Cheers GPR 👍

So for this week seeing as I'm currently on holiday I decided to get my 2.0 Advanced shot out of the way and do some other edits I have had in the wings for some time.

Enjoy

First up some Standard cars, I loath some of the quality of the standard cars but love to drive them and seeing as we seem to be seeing all the premiums photographed in various shoots, I thought I would turn my hand to some less chosen cars.

Ipad Sized

Poor Edit on the sky :(

Now up are my rejects for this weeks 2.0 Adv. competition.

I like the third Beamer shot. The tonal balance of having the white car showing on the pretty much black backdrop and the sky contrasting in the top half really works well to me. And the car seems nicely lit showing it's lines off.

The Vette looks pretty sweet in that blue.

It's too bad PD made the Furai a standard, it has such a striking design. My favorite is the second the last Vette. 👍

Amazing work Sprite. I love the F40 testing shot, and I also really like the subtlety of the first Ferrari shot. Spectacular work on the standards as well!

GPR
I like the third Beamer shot. The tonal balance of having the white car showing on the pretty much black backdrop and the sky contrasting in the top half really works well to me. And the car seems nicely lit showing it's lines off.

The Vette looks pretty sweet in that blue.

Where have you been mate :D .Brilliant Update :drool:

It's too bad PD made the Furai a standard, it has such a striking design. My favorite is the second the last Vette. 👍

I like the second to last shot.

love the F40 test run

SVX
Amazing work Sprite. I love the F40 testing shot, and I also really like the subtlety of the first Ferrari shot. Spectacular work on the standards as well!

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Now onto some images

Last edited:
Very cool stuff lately - The 599 GTB in white with black wheels is stunning 👍

I really like your work with standard cars too - I too have avoided shooting them for obvious reasons, but you've done a great job hiding their flaws! The BMW touring car in particular is great :)

Also really liking the last two GT-R shots, very surreal, looks as though it could be silently floating on that black background... nice!

Very cool stuff lately - The 599 GTB in white with black wheels is stunning 👍

I really like your work with standard cars too - I too have avoided shooting them for obvious reasons, but you've done a great job hiding their flaws! The BMW touring car in particular is great :)

Also really liking the last two GT-R shots, very surreal, looks as though it could be silently floating on that black background... nice!

That 599 is actually a very light blue from the Fiat 500, but the editing took most of subtlety away.

GPR
Love the rear shot of the GTR. Nice. Reminds me of something I might do shot wise. 👍

Nice, my favourites are the 3rd and 4th picture, really subtle.

Also, I have to say, post #88 is EPIC!.

Thanks guys, cant believe that GT5 changed the F-stop on me. I have had to do a whole new set of images for this weeks 2.0 Adv competition, but I think I may have some nice shots so just need some time in Photoshop to tweak and I should be ready to rock on Friday.

Well Lets get some images up, these are the small selection from about 40 images taken as part of my re-shoot for the 2.0 Adv, after finding out that GT5 changes settings I had to do a re-shoot.

Enjoy

Well here are the rejects from the B&W theme that Sixtoes chose for the 2.0Adv competition this week. Enjoy :)

Really love the Corvette, DB9, SLR, and WRX sets.

Such a nice blend of color, saturation, and tone; the second DB9 photo has such a great mood and makes me want to emulate it. 👍

Really love the Corvette, DB9, SLR, and WRX sets.

Such a nice blend of color, saturation, and tone; the second DB9 photo has such a great mood and makes me want to emulate it. 👍

Comments like this make me want to spend more time taking image 👍

Two more bonus HDR images.

Last edited:
Terrific sets Sprite, well done - particularly the detail shots on the Maserati and Ferrari Race Car. I wish I had that Stealth GTR, it looks amazing.

The second HDR Image is Brilliantly done

Thanks, just bought Photomatix Pro 4. Was easy when you follow Sixtoes guide.

Terrific sets Sprite, well done - particularly the detail shots on the Maserati and Ferrari Race Car. I wish I had that Stealth GTR, it looks amazing.

Thanks for the comments. The Stealth GTR is a smooth drive, the other JGTC GTR's are not as smooth or balanced as that one.

The third B&W pic (the McLaren) is now my phone's background. Stunning. :drool:
:embarrassed: it's an honour. Thanks for the kind comments.

The P4 shots are brilliant.

Thanks I've got some more 11 bracket HDR shots coming (today hopefully) so hold on to your hats because I'm going to blow this HDR thing wide open.

Edit - HDR Goodness

5 separate images

10 separate images

Iphone 4 Background
5543767356_9b59233351_o.jpg

Ipad Background
5543189185_2c5fc98c99_o.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the Jag, McLaren and 330 P4 photos. I think my favourite is the last Jag one. Very good lighting on it.

I can hardly tell those last two are HDR. Looks real. 👍

Brilliant Again ,You haven't over done the HDR on those and it adds that something Extra that makes those Images (So Brilliantley awesome :D )

The Suzuky shot looks really alive! Must be because of the noise - it's pretty spot on. Also, I couldn't tell if they where HDR at all - which is great. 👍

Funny, I just posted a pic of a Suzuki SX4 at Liege (Gravel) yesterday. Great motion and tilted angle, brings out the body roll. Liking the first Citroen as well, excellent job on the details without overdoing it.

Latest Posts

Back