F1 Caption Game - Archive ThreadFormula 1 

Status
Not open for further replies.
172274.jpg

DC: Nonsense... a little shpilled shpaghetti doeshn't mean Oim drunk. Now wot's yer name, again, liddle girlie?

172274.jpg

DC: I'm really enjoying being a commentator - I've been getting some excellent feedback...
Microphone: *screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech*
DC: See?

172274.jpg

DC: You Germans may have oktober fest but you can never beat a scotsman.

final entry

Final Entry
172274.jpg

David Coulthard celebrates Sebastian Vettel's victory with Vettel's favourite cocktail - Red Bull, vodka and wasabi.

Final Entry
172274.jpg

David Coulthard can't hide the excitement of having a passed out Vettel in his hotel room as Sebastian inches ever closer to the Rohypnol at the bottom of the glass.

172274.jpg

David: u see thiiiiiissh....ish a face of a champion.
Sebastian: Right... *sip*

FINAL ENTRY

172274.jpg

"Lovely bubbly. Very fruity. I'm getting walnuts and apples, a woody texture with overtones of cake and spongey microphone... oh wait."

172274.jpg

I don't have a caption, but Coulthard's facial expression is enough for me. :grumpy:

172274.jpg

In an effort to stop reporters from blabbering, Adrian Newey, in conjuction with the BBC, has developed a brain device with prevents them from drinking while on the job. Here the "Leggard apparatus" scrambles the journalist's motor skills:

COULTHARD: "MMMNMBFFF!!! MMMMMMBNNMNBBBBFFFFF!!!"

VETTEL: "Yeah, but they usually let me drink apple juice...."

172274.jpg

"David Coulthard's face lights up as he sees the full crate of champagne in the Red Bull garage"

FINAL ENTRY

172274.jpg

David: "Seb, there's something wrong with this champagne. Its repulsive!
Seb: I know, thats what happens when teams try to keep costs down. Just drink it and act like it taste good. Like I'm doing.

Hmm, not too many submissions say 'final entry' ....
That's OK... you only need to mark your entry as "Final Entry" if you submit more than one caption... if you only post one caption, that is automatically considered your final entry... if you submit more than one caption but don't mark any with "Final Entry", then your last entry will be used. 👍

Free Run (with rule infringement)

172274.jpg

David explains how things turned messy while he got caught between...

9275.jpg

...the Cake’s dirty sisters!

172274.jpg

Introducing the Fomula 1 2011 season drinking game!

Preparation ...
- At the start of the race, all contestants must finish their drink as quickly as possible. The fastest player will wear a hat with "Fernando" written on it. The slowest player will wear a "Felipe" hat.
- All contestants must begin sentences with "This reminds me of when I was at Jordan ..." after Eddie Jordan speaks for the first time. Failure to do so will result in a one shot-glass penalty to the offending player.

Take a finger (social sip) of beer when ...
- Martin Brundle panics during the gridwalk and interviews the first person he recognises.
- Martin Brundle makes a disparaging comment about the FOM television director.
- Someone mistakes a replay for live action footage.
- Someone sticks their microphone into the midst of an interview with a driver (finish your drink if the interview is in a language other than English).
- A team radio transmission interrupts the commentary (finish your drink if they can't understand it).
- A driver uses his radio to address Charlie Whiting (finish your drink if they're trying to justify a questionable move).
- A driver is lapped (finish your drink if they are lapped by their team-mate).
- Any shot of a driver's wife/girlfriend/father in the pits.
- Weather forecats from FOM are instantly proven to be wrong.
- Jake Humphrey, Eddie Jordan and David Coulthard go for a walk down pit lane (finish your drink if one of them nearly gets run over).
- Martin Brundle shows up halfway through the post-race forum eating an ice cream.

Take a shot of spirits when ...
- Rob Smedley tells Felipe Massa how to drive.
- Vitaly Petrov crashes.
- Sebastian Vettel raises his finger.
- Jenson Button complains about something.
- Ross Brawn eats a banana.
- Someone fails to qualify.
- There is any obvious time-filling of any kind.
- Jake Humphrey come up with a reason to use his iPad for something other than reading his lines.
- Martin Brundle bumps into Tanya from SKY Deutchland with sexy results.
- David Coulthard addresses a driver by name.
- Ted Kravitz is in the McLaren garage.
- Lee McKenzie appears on-screen.
- Eddie Jordan makes a tortuous metaphor.
- Every time a driver says "for sure" during the post-race press conference.

Dude, it's a caption contest not an essay contest.

172274.jpg

DC: "Did Mark spit in your drink? He spit on my microphone earlier and both of these smell like Fosters."

Final Entry

172274.jpg

David: So let this be a reminder that masturbation doesn't cause blindness of any kind, it does however cross one's eyes. If only someone had told me that beforehand...​

172274.jpg

Limewire's first foray into the wine business goes all wrong as David is the first to fall victim to the face stretching side effects of Lime Wine.

ROUND ONE - RESULTS

ozflag.jpg

1st. DQuaN - 25 pts
2nd=. niky, daan - 16 pts
4th= Touring Mars, Bee - 11 pts
6th. Famine - 8 pts
7th= LewyOs, F1Addict, mafia_boy, BlacqueJacques - 3 pts

Winning Entry

172274.jpg

DQuaN
"Lovely bubbly. Very fruity. I'm getting walnuts and apples, a woody texture with overtones of cake and spongey microphone... oh wait."

Standings (after Round One)

1st. DQuaN - 25 pts
2nd=. niky, daan - 16 pts
4th= Touring Mars, Bee - 11 pts
6th. Famine - 8 pts
7th= LewyOs, F1Addict, mafia_boy, BlacqueJacques - 3 pts

Congratulations to DQuaN for winning Round One of the 2011 competition :cheers:

malaysiaflag.jpg

Round Two: Malaysia - will follow on Monday​

Happy with that, ta very much for whoever voted for mine! (Q)

Pish. I forgot to vote.

*gives DQuaN, niky and daan's captions 1 vote each*

Congrats DQuaN 👍

At least I am on the board for the first caption of the season and with 3 points :); thanks for the votes 👍

What a lovely contrast to my opening round victory last year. Not one vote. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back