F1 Caption Game - Archive ThreadFormula 1 

Status
Not open for further replies.
173536.jpg

Gerard Lopez: Listen Vitaly i know it has been 50 years since the first russian went into orbit, but and F1 car is not a space shuttle it won't take you into orbit.

(Final Entry)

173536.jpg

Lopez: Don't look now, but the CEO of aeroflot is coming over here
Petrov: Grrr. I have already told him 3 times that I will not be the posterboy for their frequent flyer program

173536.jpg

Vitaly Petrov: "The next person who submits an 'In Soviet Russia' caption about flying cars is going to find out what it was actually like in Soviet Russia ..."

Final Entry
173536.jpg

Lopez: What is it with you F1 guys and rally racing.
Petrov: *sigh*That wasn't on purpose!!!

173536.jpg

Gerard: Vitaly, you do realize that damage is coming out of your paycheck?

Oksana: Not to worry, dear boy, I've booked you at the "Adonis." They paid in advance to see the "Flying Russian."

173536.jpg

Woman: Stalin had a fear of flying you know. And we are going to COMMUNIST china next.

Just realsied...
173536.jpg

Petrov's mum- I remember he had such a soft bum as a baby, that crash must have coloured it beetroot!

That's not actually Petrov's mother. Her name is Oksana Kossachenko, and she is his manager. Don't quote me on this, but I believe she worked for Petrov's father, Aleksandr, as some kind of manager in his company and helped get Vitaly's career started. She's stuck with him ever since.

Final entry
173536.jpg

Nick Heidfeld: "Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother, you'll be stayin' alive, stayin' alive;
Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin' and we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive;
Uh-uh-uh-uh, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Come on, Vitaly, get up here!
Uh-uh-uh-uh, stayin' ali-i-ive!"

Last edited:
173536.jpg

"I hear Vitaly's hanging out with a GMILF."
"Yes, have you met her? /STARE"

173536.jpg

Petrov's mum: Ah, my little boy is finally flying the nest.

Petrov: I hit a storm drain ma. :grumpy:

Last edited:
173536.jpg

"Vitaly, for the race in Texas next year we're going to replace your car with an orange Dodge Charger with a large "01" painted on the side to please the good ol' boys who watch the race, thinking that they're going to see NASCAR. Furthermore, when you jump, you are contractually obligated to shout "Yee-haw!" in your best redneck voice as well as honk the dixie horn which will be installed on your car."

Last edited:
Just a heads-up, I have corrected the mistake in the thread title - the deadline for Round 2 is 0900 BST Monday 18th April (not the 11th, which would have meant the round had finished 2.5 hours before it started! :dunce: )... sorry for the mistake!

Also, China (Round 3) will begin next weekend (i.e. after the voting for Round 2 is done), not next week as you might have been expecting.

173536.jpg

Manager: Don't worry, you'll always have a place in the Russian Air Force.

173536.jpg

Vitaly hides his face as the sheer shame of his betrayal hits him - how was he supposed to know Red Bull DOES give you wings?

Vitaly realises people in the paddock are comparing him to Mark not because of raw pace, but because of his natural ability to get an F1 car airborne with the aid of Lotus.
FINAL ENTRY

173536.jpg

Petrov: Crap, my manager's coming! I'll hide. You look away and pretend I'm not here!

Manager: Sigh...

I take it we don't allow free practice - ie other photos for fun- while the season is still on here? or is there another thread for that?

I take it we don't allow free practice - ie other photos for fun- while the season is still on here? or is there another thread for that?
Other pics may be posted between rounds i.e. after entries close for the current round and before the next round is posted.

FINAL ENTRY
173536.jpg

Lopez: Hey Vitaly, they're showing the replay of your flight up on the jumbotron.
*Petrov facepalms*
Kosachenko: You keep driving like that and this fan will be the only one you have all year.

173536.jpg

Kosachenko: You break everything Vitaly. That car IS NOT A VODKA BOTTLE.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have to bring the deadline for this round forward from tomorrow morning to tonight.

The vote for Round Two will begin tonight as well, and Round Three will begin a week tomorrow.

ROUND TWO - RESULTS

malaysiaflag.jpg

1st: TopGearFTW - 25 pts
2nd=: ADEuk; LewyOs; Touring Mars; pippin4652 GTP_Ingram - 13 pts
6th=: PeterJB; lukecfc; driftking18594 - 4 pts
9th: TheStig13 - 2 pts

Winning Entry

173536.jpg

TopGearFTW
Vitaly realises people in the paddock are comparing him to Mark not because of raw pace, but because of his natural ability to get an F1 car airborne with the aid of Lotus.

Standings (after Round Two)

1st: DQuaN, TopGearFTW - 25 pts
3rd: Touring Mars - 24 pts
4th=: niky, daan, LewyOs - 16 pts
7th=: GTP_Ingram, ADEuk - 13 pts
9th: Bee - 11 pts
10th: Famine - 8 pts
11th=: PeterJB, lukecfc, driftking18594 - 4 pts
14th=: F1Addict, mafia_boy, BlacqueJacques - 3 pts
17th: TheStig13 - 2 pts

Congratulations to TopGearFTW for winning Round Two of the 2011 competition :cheers:

Round Three - China will follow shortly.

2nd round in a row with no points. Its Batracer all over again :indiff:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back