The Realistic Photo Thread

• Thread starter Omamder5
  • 24,078 comments
5672144264_12202869fe_z.jpg

5671578589_b8940280cb_z.jpg

5672145184_4b697009ec_z.jpg

I was taking a few shots of my Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car earlier and noticed that, even for a standard car, a few of the shots turned out looking fairly realistic. They could probably be improved with Photoshop, but I think they turned out pretty good for coming straight from the game.

grandvalleyspeedway8l.jpg

grandvalleyspeedway16.jpg

grandvalleyspeedway13.jpg

I was taking a few shots of my Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car earlier and noticed that, even for a standard car, a few of the shots turned out looking fairly realistic. They could probably be improved with Photoshop, but I think they turned out pretty good for coming straight from the game.

grandvalleyspeedway8l.jpg

grandvalleyspeedway16.jpg

grandvalleyspeedway13.jpg

:eek: That's a standard car?? Wow nice shots you coulda easily fooled me it's premium 👍

:eek: That's a standard car?? Wow nice shots you coulda easily fooled me it's premium 👍

Thanks :), it was more lucky angles than anything lol. As with most standard cars there are a few suspect areas around the windows and the rear spoiler especially has some jagged lines on the side plates that you can just see in the 3rd image (and looks much worse full side on).

Nice shots! 👍 I just bought an Infiniti for photo mode, I'll post what I gots later :)

Thanks :), it was more lucky angles than anything lol. As with most standard cars there are a few suspect areas around the windows and the rear spoiler especially has some jagged lines on the side plates that you can just see in the 3rd image (and looks much worse full side on).

Ohh well thanks! I'll keep that in mind then. Yeah I have lots of favorite standard cars but I never take pics of them cuz they always come out looking terrible. :(

Edit: Here they are:::
redbullhangar71g.jpg

redbullhangar72l.jpg

redbullhangar7f.jpg

redbullhangar73g.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh well thanks! I'll keep that in mind then. Yeah I have lots of favorite standard cars but I never take pics of them cuz they always come out looking terrible. :(

Edit: Here they are:::

I guess there was a bit more to it than just lucky angles hehe, I've been messing around with Photo Mode quite a bit lately and found that with standard cars it's very much about the angle of shot that makes or breaks them.

With those FTO shots I paid particular attention to where the sun was while watching the replay and then angling the camera to get a decent amount of reflection off the car of both light and scenery, the right focus and exposure settings also helped make the scenery a little less saturated with bright colours (as does choosing the right angle of course).

Ironically I wasn't actually intending on getting realistic results at the time, rather just trying to take decent pics of the car for another thread. I just noticed after the fact that a few looked pretty realistic to me, hence my comment about luck :).

Standard cars are very much like people I think, they seem to have a "best side" when it comes to pictures and once you can find that you good to go.. I've noticed quite a few that look awesome from the front / back and at angles but horribly dire when viewed directly from the side, the Peugeot 307XSi is a great example as it looks really sharp mostly all over except for when viewed directly from the side as the windows have terribly jagged lines.

Nice Infiniti shots too btw, I especially like the first three and in particular the 2nd one, love that bulb glow!

Latest Posts

Back