Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

It actually took me a minute to realize this car isn't even in the game. :bowdown: I guess it is now :dopey:

PD should hire you to make more racing modifications! I'd buy that as DLC :D

:drool: Looks like I missed out on a alot of amazing shots while I was gone.

And that DBR9 looks superb ... are you sure that isn't a secret DLC you dowloaded from somewhere? Because that does not look photoshopped :indiff:... it's too real to be photoshopped. XD And congrats on winning last week's Photoshop Comp! :)

Last edited:
Great to hear how you go thru these difficulties. Airbrushing would be my choice as well, maybe a bit of vectoring too. I am still not very good at liquify effect, kudos to you!

Pushing the boundaries yet again, as we're used to with Revolution.

Phenomenal stuff Rev, I could only wish to produce as good stuff as this! :cheers:

Aaah, busy uni life, doesn't leave me with heaps of time for GT5 photos unfortunately! :( I managed to find the time to get an entry into the Tournament Qualifier though, and it did rather well, finishing up in Second place, behind SlipZtrEm's awesome helmets shot :)

Also included is a bonus from that shoot at the 'Ring, a photo which I really like and considered entering in last week's "Dark" 2.0 Comp, but decided against it because I thought it might reveal myself in the (anonymous!) tournament!

Enjoy!

Nissan GT-R at Nürburgring GP

Click for full size.

Ceiling_fan - Thank you kindly! Glad you like it :) Haha, doing race mods for PD would be a dream job! If only :D
Yui-San - Thanks! I'm happy all the work paid off, I put quite a few hours into that one!
Dolp - Thanks for the visit :)
Leicht - Thanks Leicht :dopey:
franz - Thank you! Yeah, there's always a bit of experimentation on the best way to accomplish a certain task... liquify is a bit iffy, sometimes it works really well and other times you have to muck around with it lots!
MK2golflover - Hehe, thank you!
Bram Turismo - Thanks Bram :D Practice makes perfect! Glad you like it.

I love your tournament entry for a mix of reasons, with the main one being:

*Composition

Last edited:
Your entry was great, it has brilliant... everything really. :bowdown: I could never pull off a shot with those wild colors without it looking tacky and overdone, bravo to you sir! :D

I've NOO idea why I havn't posted a comment earlier here!
Because this gallery is on a totally other level than the most I've seen so far.

Especially compared to my pictures.:nervous: I thought I'm doing quit well with my pics, but compared to your skills and quality in the pictures, I feel like the biggest noob ever!

OUTSTANDING WORK REVOLUTION. :bowdown:

Great tone on the recent posted pics. Shame you don't have time to do more. I can fully understand though

I could actually tell which photo was yours in the tournament qualifier :) Very few here can make that kind of composition and photoshopping... Good luck in the tournament - I'm pretty sure you could end up in the final 👍

Time for a new update! This car is bags of fun, I chose it purely to shoot the headlights for my "Lights" theme of the Tournament. I was either going to go for a modern, high tech, LED-flooded set of headlights, or go the opposite direction and go for the retro feel with a set of pop-ups, and you can all see which one I chose! A dreary, wet La Sarthe provides the backdrop, a wet road and a lively mid-engine chassis providing the sliding action! Enjoy, leave feedback! :dopey:

Lotus Esprit @ Circuit de La Sarthe

Click for full size.

TVR&FF - Thanks TVR! Glad you liked it :)
ceiling_fan - Thanks cf :) I tried to do something pretty cool with the bright colours and the warm cast etc... great to hear it worked :D
bmxmitch - Thank you! Always great to see new visitors etc... stop by again soon!
FishyJuice - Thanks :)
725 - Aah yes indeed, only going to get busier too, I'm afraid! I'll try and update when I can, and I'm definitely going to get my entries in for the Tourney! Thanks :)
zambuca - Haha, I didn't realise my style was so distinctive :P Thanks for putting up such a good match in the tourney - great shot, I thought you would win when I first saw it! Not sure if I'll end up in the final, I've got to get past Slip first! :S

Very realistic shots, I love the rear take on the yellow Esprit.

Top notch art around here, will subscribe to your gallery as well. Congrats. 👍

Amazing work, as usual.

Can't help but to say it, I like the tournament entry the most. Great job on a great car. :)👍

Wow Rev Love your Entry Shot .Fantastic Tones and Nice clean up on the Jaggies from the rain.Tough Compettition next round :D

Not fan of the last Esprit update, but that second Skyline shot is elite class. Color is very well chosen too. If there was less contrast, and a bit of a blue filter, I would seriously think this is a screenshot from TopGear's series.

I really like, well, all of them! I agree with Dan, that last one is stunning. 👍

I have not visited your gallery for a long while, Rev. Your pictures just keep on inspiring, right from the Masarati's from the early days of GT5 PMC, to the recent tourny's Esprit. Please continue to inspire and amuse, if you can. Good luck to the rest of the tournament.

I like shots 1 and 3 best, the light trail in shot 4 is pretty interesting too. Not the biggest fan of the headlight 'sparklies' in shot 2 but the composition is solid. The best part about this set is the yellow/purple color toning. Great combo.

Dan_ - Thanks for stopping by! Glad you like the gallery, and the new update!
FishyJuice - Thanks! Glad to know I made the right choice - there were a couple of similar shots to my entry which I was tossing up between, mostly just slightly different angles to that original shot. Thanks again :)
sems4arsenal - Thanks! Actually I got fairly lucky with this shot, the rain-jaggies weren't too bad! Just a few around the rear view mirrors which needed cleaning. I'll need the luck next round, Slip is a tough opponent! :nervous: Thanks :dopey:
Grand Prix - Thank you :D
ashes 619 - Thanks! Glad you like them :)
RcWr - Thanks! The GT-R is the classic Midnight Purple, suits it rather well don't you think? That part of the Nurburgring has absolutely brilliant lighting as well, glad you like the shot!
SVX - Thanks :) Glad you like that shot, I'm quite partial to it as well :) The light streaks are kinda experimental (and don't *really* make much sense from a technical standpoint), but they do look pretty cool I think. :P
kanisama - Aww, thanks! It's always nice to hear praise like that, thanks for the well wishes in the tourney!
TVR&FF - Thank you TVR :)
ceiling_fan - Cheers! I see you remember your basic graphic design theory, complementary colours ftw 👍 Thanks :D

I really really like these, the colours are perfectly balanced and the sense of action is just right in every image. I like the subtle light trails in the last image too.

Great session with the Lotus! I've tried to shoot the Esprit but it didn't really come out the way I wanted it - these make me want to give it another go. What kind of noise/filter did you apply to the pics? They really have a nice softness.

I'm not a great fan of the headlight 'sparklies' as well but thought they were kind of inevitable...so when I saw your entry I went "Damn" :ouch:

Always great work from you 👍

:drool: Those Lotus shots are simply beatiful! Picture 1 has got to be my favorite... love how you were able to capture the small details on the headlights! :)

And Rev, how are those Quantum of Solace pics going? I'm really eager to see them XD I tried doing them myself, but they didn't come out well. They're on my photothread, just in case you want to see them ;)

Back