7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

GTP 7th F1 World Championship - Round 6 - Monaco

06monacoencmyk300dpi.jpg

Weather - Dry

Qualifying Results:

Pole - Shaggy Alonso (Tyrrell) - 1:14.046 (10 pts)

2nd. - DarkPSI (Benetton) - 1:14.739 (8 pts)

3rd. - Pipeslice (Jordan) - 1:15.084 (6 pts)

4th. - Baumi27 (Brawn)- 1:15.114 (5 pts)

5th. - Mutu20 (Tyrrell)- 1:16.434 (4 pts)

6th. - MikeTheHockeyFan (Benetton) - 1:17.414 (3 pts)

7th. - Tombrooks97 (Jordan)-1:18.824 (2 pts)

8th. - kcheeb (Hesketh)- 1:22.715 (1 pts)

9th. - jordy7777 (Hesketh)-1:22.851

10th. - Upuaut (Brabham)-1:24.360

11th. - Ardius (Brawn)-N/A

Race Results:

1st. Shaggy Alonso (Tyrrell) (25 pts) - 49m58.129s
2nd. Mutu20 (Tyrrell) (18 pts) + 1 lap
3rd. Ardius (Brawn) (15 pts) + 2 laps
4th. MikeTheHockeyFan (Benetton) (12 pts) +2 laps
5th. DarkPSI (Benetton) (10 pts) + 4 laps
6th. kcheeb (Hesketh) (8 pts) + 6 laps
DNF. Pipeslice (Jordan)
DNF. Baumi27 (Brawn)
DNF. jordy7777 (Hesketh)
DNF. Upuaut (Brabham)
DNF. Tombrooks97 (Jordan)

Qualifying:

As IRL, qualifying and track position is 90% of the game at Monaco, the other 10% is trying not to total your car in a momentary lapse of concentration - the only f1 circuit which tests this in a driver. As important as qualifying is here, it came with a caveat in that anyone who destroyed their car in the session after setting a time would get a time penalty added onto their race time. Ardius was surprisingly the only driver to get caught out wrecking their car - but since he hadn't set any qualifying time when it happened, he escaped a penalty.

In a bid to get pole position, I set about making 5 timed laps if possible, to ensure that at least one of them would be respectable. On my first 3 lap run, I encountered traffic on the first lap and had to back off, made a mistake in the second and then the final one was just off the pace with 1:15.439. This left me 4th, behind Baumi27 in 3rd, Pipeslice 2nd, and DarkPSI 1st, 6 tenths faster than me.

My next run in clean air was a good one and yielded a 1:14.1 with 2 purple sectors and a cautious final sector. My final run became the pole lap with a 1:14 flat - was actually a couple of tenths down entering the final sector but made a big improvement through Rascasse and Anthony Noghes. The other big 3 challengers failed to improve, Dark by just a tenth. and so pole position was secured.

Race:

Although the race as a whole was chaotic with great duels going on all down the field, it was quite a boring race for me. Starting from pole is just such a gigantic advantage that it almost feels like cheating. I got away from the line well and made sure I didn't brake to late into St Devote and not to spin it as is so easily done if you're too keen on the throttle on exit. This was basically job done, the field behind would squabble with each other which would only slow them down more and allow me to drive carefully and yet still extend the gap.

Backmarkers were very good at moving over as I just kept a steady pace and gave the armco plenty of respect. The race was one of high attrition, with no less than 6 drivers crashing out at different points of the race, including DarkPSI who after resisting Pipeslice breathing down his neck for a dozen laps, crashed shortly after Pipeslice had retired himself! Sometimes it's the driving fast that makes it safe as it heightens your senses and forces you to concentrate. Once you relax, you're treading water.

Because of completing 90% race distance however, Dark was able to be counted in the results.

My team mate Mutu20 came home in a brilliant 2nd place to give Tyrrell Racing its first 1-2 of the season 👍. Congrats also goes to Ardius on his first podium, and MikeTheHockeyFan built on his good start in Catalunya with another good points haul finishing 4th.

Race Footage
courtesy of DarkPSI & kcheeb:

kcheeb's race:

Qualifying : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFatJjDg0RU
Race Clip 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowoRDPEaos
Race Clip 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6UfFZsNE4U
Race Clip 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXrBh2tLij0

DarkPSI's race:

Race Clip 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQbr_TvISQY
Race Clip 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSSIsjxwwLI
Race Clip 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4stgLlzsk1U
Race Clip 4 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_6KpEot6U

Here's the tables:

Drivers Championship

1st. Shaggy Alonso - 198 pts
2nd. DarkPSI - 143 pts
3rd. Baumi27 - 102 pts
4th. Mutu20 - 84 pts
5th. Pipeslice - 56 pts
6th. Tombrooks97 - 35 pts
7th. NumbPhase - 34 pts
8th. Upuaut - 34 pts
9th. Ardius - 30 pts
10th. MikeTheHockeyFan - 24 pts
11th. DOUQA - 19 pts
12th. kcheeb - 18 pts
13th. AliT12 - 17 pts
14th Jerry786 - 12 pts
15th. Shark33 - 3 pts
16th. Manios22DC - 2 pts
17th. jordy7777 - 0 pts

Teams Championship

1st. Tyrrell - 282 pts (Shaggy Alonso, Mutu20)
2nd. Benetton - 167 pts (DarkPSI, MikeTheHockeyFan)
3rd. Brawn - 134 pts (Baumi27, Manios22DC, Ardius)
4th. Jordan - 106 pts (Tombrooks97, Pipeslice, Jerry786, Shark33)
5th. Hesketh - 71 pts (kcheeb, NumbPhase, DOUQA, jordy7777)
6th. Brabham - 51 pts (Upuaut, AliT12)

1st. Shaggy Alonso - 198 pts
2nd. DarkPSI - 143 pts
3rd. Baumi27 - 102 pts
4th. Mutu20 - 84 pts
5th. Pipeslice - 56 pts
6th. Tombrooks97 - 35 pts
7th. NumbPhase - 34 pts
8th. Upuaut - 34 pts
9th. Ardius - 30 pts
10th. MikeTheHockeyFan - 24 pts
11th. DOUQA - 19 pts
12th. kcheeb - 18 pts
13th. AliT12 - 17 pts
14th Jerry786 - 12 pts
15th. Shark33 - 3 pts
16th. Manios22DC - 2 pts
17th. jordy7777 - 0 pts

Gotta love the way the top 5 drivers are storming away with the title and then there's me :lol:

Sucks you're not able to make it AliT. Perhaps you'll have your G27 ready to join us the following week, in everyone's favourite, Montreal :)

I'm definitely going to wait to see Senna on the big screen, that's the whole point to me.

Yea my G27's being posted today so should have it ready for next week. Forgot Montreal's the next one, can't wait now, everyone loves that track should be such a good race.

Yea me too, in car footage of Senna cornering one handed around Monaco on the big screen will just be immense.

Looking at the Championship standings and the results of the races I've been inwith me and kcheeb always finishing next to each other I can see a nice battle in the standings coming up 👍

Yea my G27's being posted today so should have it ready for next week. Forgot Montreal's the next one, can't wait now, everyone loves that track should be such a good race.

Yea me too, in car footage of Senna cornering one handed around Monaco on the big screen will just be immense.

You mentioned Ali that your wheel stopped working altogether, is this true? :confused: I suppose if that's the case then you must be relieved that the wheel alignment isn't just off, it's that your wheel was fundamentally broken.

I have a question though, were you able to map the buttons on it so that you could look left and right while in car with the buttons on the wheel? I'm thinking about investing in a G27 for F1 2011, the idea being that with the 6 buttons on the wheel they could be mapped to be rear view, change view, DRS, KERS, look left, look right. I really hope it can do this.

You mentioned Ali that your wheel stopped working altogether, is this true? :confused: I suppose if that's the case then you must be relieved that the wheel alignment isn't just off, it's that your wheel was fundamentally broken.

I have a question though, were you able to map the buttons on it so that you could look left and right while in car with the buttons on the wheel? I'm thinking about investing in a G27 for F1 2011, the idea being that with the 6 buttons on the wheel they could be mapped to be rear view, change view, DRS, KERS, look left, look right. I really hope it can do this.

Yea I would have joined your practice session but my wheel totally stopped calibrating itself. I used to have to unplug/replug it every few laps but now it just won't work when I plug it in. Yea I had some suspicions that it wasn't just the alignment too as every now and again they'd be a big crunching sound :S

Yea you can map the buttons on the wheel, first thing I did was map them so I could look behind and change the view. Should be much easier using KERS and DRS on the wheel than on the gear panel 👍

Looking at the Championship standings and the results of the races I've been inwith me and kcheeb always finishing next to each other I can see a nice battle in the standings coming up 👍

Looking forward to some good battles with you, once uni's done! 👍

Just had a fantastic 20% practice race with Ken, god it was close! Ken was on pole and I was second, I led until my pitstop on lap 5 and Ken took the lead, unfortunately I made a mistake on the beginning of my first "flying" lap after my pitstop just as Ken came out of the pits and he took the lead, however at the final chicane Ken made a mistake and it was like an open door for me :) However going into turn 4 I went wide and Ken followed me but he managed to recover better and he led from lap 7, I was catching up with him lap by lap and by the final lap we were separated by less than 2 secs, coming on to the back straight I tried to get in to Ken's toe but it was to no avail I then tried a daring move on the brakes but I went to deep into the corner and I never got close enough to overtake him and the final gap at the line was 1.3 secs with Ken taking the victory, it was an absolutely fantastic race and we are going to be racing again at 4pm GMT if anybody would like to join us :)

Well i've been racing Ken all afternoon and he's beaten me in every single race :grumpy: i've been driving out of my skin and it's barely enough to keep up with him, looks like it's going to be a crap race for me tomorrow 👎

Well i've been racing Ken all afternoon and he's beaten me in every single race :grumpy: i've been driving out of my skin and it's barely enough to keep up with him, looks like it's going to be a crap race for me tomorrow 👎

I've definitely been more consistent.

I think you're faster, you just need a little more consistent session. You'll be fine tomorrow!

Great fun! Just about to start another up I think, anyone?

I've definitely been more consistent.

I think you're faster, you just need a little more consistent session. You'll be fine tomorrow!

Great fun! Just about to start another up I think, anyone?

I'll be available at about 18:30 GMT or 11:30 your time :)

I might pop on if I can 👍. Even though I won't be around tomorrow, its fun to practice anyway, at least get some racing at Istanbul as its a fun track. 👍

That'd be great, except my GT5 buddies do some driving then :(

hmm, quoting myself, lol. Anyway, I'm going late to the GT5 group session. so I am available from 13:00/20:00 to 14:30/21:30. Hope that works!

^GMT+1. The UK/Europe is currently in Daylight Savings which adds an hour onto the ordinary timezones.

Sorry to Shaggy and Dark for bailing out early on tonight but I was not enjoying driving tonight. My brain was elsewhere.

internet is verrrry slow at the moment - Sunday evening is peak time I guess.

Hoping it sorts itself out soon otherwise I doubt I will be able to race this evening.

internet is verrrry slow at the moment - Sunday evening is peak time I guess.

Hoping it sorts itself out soon otherwise I doubt I will be able to race this evening.

Who is your internet provider James?

Oh just a quick heads up for everyone, i'm going to be recording the racing in 720p HD quality :)

good race lads.

kind of surprised with my pace - I just had the pace of Baumi. I was also pleased that once I got clear air and was hooking up good laps I was able to maintain the distance between me and Dark too. I don't think I'm good enough yet to keep this up for an entire race however.

Well done to Pipeslice too who seems insanely quick.

Back