7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

A little early, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Tom and I are trying to tee up a practice session Saturday morning/afternoon at Montreal. The earliest I can be ready to race is 07:00 MDT, 09:00 EDT and 14:00 UK time.

Hopefully we can get a few people on the track!

I think that'll suit me fine also Ken 👍

Great video of the start Tom.

On the incident, Ken was slow and the move was definitely there for you, but your move forced the contact and therefore should have waited.

Checking your rear view mirror would def be of benefit to Ken, though. Had he known Tom was so close behind he could have just blocked off the inside and stayed ahead.

Starting the race before may work for me as well, but i'll have to check. If we were to do that i'd suggest 4pm.

Im sorry shaggy but starting the race at this time 4pm is always gonna be impossible for me.8pm for all sundays is ok with me,and if you want to go for a later start of 9 pm this week then thats even better for me.But if every one here votes for a early start then unfortunutely you would have to drive with out me,im sorry if this is a pain in the ass.

Ok, we'll throw the 4pm idea out the window. We'll provisionally call it 9pm UK time.

And of course you're not being a pain in the arse Pipe, although you are a pain when you snatch pole position :yuck:

And of course you're not being a pain in the arse Pipe, although you are a pain when you snatch pole position :yuck:

:lol: Apologies if I don't reply to any posts within the next 2 hours, radio shows can be a pain in the arse :lol:

Just came back from seeing Senna. Words cannot describe how incredible that was. Seeing onboard camera shots of Senna going around Monaco with the sound of roaring engines was quite simply the best thing I have ever seen in a cinema.

Go and see this movie.

Just came back from seeing Senna. Words cannot describe how incredible that was. Seeing onboard camera shots of Senna going around Monaco with the sound of roaring engines was quite simply the best thing I have ever seen in a cinema.

Go and see this movie.

agh I'm DYING to see it in a theater but there are no showings here in my city in the US :(

Hi guys,

Unfortunately i cant attend this sunday championship race cause of Whitsun. I'll be with my family at my family :-)
So I hope there will be a good reserve driver ready ;-)

Best regards

DarkPSI

P.S.:Wonderful overtaking from Hamilton, who is the best driver this season from my point of view. nice and fair from schumi. bad massa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQiCe5qhpGE

GTP 7th F1 World Championship - Round 7 - Turkey

07turkeyencmyk300dpi.jpg

Weather - Dry

Qualifying Results:

Pole - Pipeslice (Jordan) - 1:23.885 (10 pts)

2nd. - Shaggy Alonso (Tyrrell) - 1:24.015 (8 pts)

3rd. - Baumi27 (Brawn) - 1:24.948 (6 pts)

4th. - DarkPSI (Benetton)- 1:24.985 (5 pts)

5th. - MikeTheHockeyFan (Benetton)- 1:26.955 (4 pts)

6th. - Tombrooks97 (Jordan) - 1:27.275 (3 pts)

7th. - kcheeb (Hesketh)-1:27.392 (2 pts)

8th. - jordy7777 (Hesketh)- 1:30.187 (1 pts)

9th. - Upuaut (Brabham)-1:34.893

10th. - Mutu20 (Tyrrell)- N/A

Race Results:

1st. Pipeslice (Jordan) (25 pts) - 42m17.314s
2nd. Shaggy Alonso (Tyrrell) (18 pts) + 3.8s
3rd. DarkPSI (Benetton) (15 pts) + 29.7s
4th. Mutu20 (Tyrrell) (12 pts) + 57.8s
5th. Baumi27 (Brawn) (10 pts) + 82.1s
6th. MikeTheHockeyFan (Benetton) (8 pts) + 1 lap
7th. Tombrooks97 (Jordan) (6 pts) + 1 lap
8th. kcheeb (Hesketh) (4 pts) + 1 lap
9th. Upuaut (Brabham) (2 pts) + 2 laps
10th. jordy7777 (Hesketh)(1 pts) + 2 laps

Qualifying:

It's really tough to hook up a good lap at Istanbul Park because there's so many different types of corners, especially the blind downhill ones in the first sector which are hard to nail consistently. Still, it's a track I really enjoy so I was hopeful for a good result. My first two laps were pretty cautious efforts but still put me at the top of the tree. Then out of nowhere Pipeslice who had shown promising pace in previous races that never translated into results, banged in a stunning lap of 1:23.8. I knew I was beaten at that moment. My second low fuel run was only good enough for a 1:24 flat, which I believe is still a PB there under those racing conditions, but not enough to worry Pipe. Interestingly, I was nearly 4 tenths down in the first two sectors, but pulled back almost 3 tenths in the final sector, which was a trend that would carry on into the race.

DarkPSI had a difficult session. Adopting my set up in order to cure an oversteer problem, he found it to be even more difficult and was pipped for 3rd place by Baumi27, falling 4 tenths shy of his pace set in practice. Mutu20 Wasn't able to make it in time for the session so we took the qualifying results and restarted the race under a random grid.

Race:

Starting from 3rd wasn't the worst place to be, I was ahead of Pipeslice who was stuck back in 7th and could follow DarkPSI and hopefully catch and pass him. I got a better start than Dark and sought to pull up the inside of him but there wasn't a lot of room with MikeTheHockeyFan occupying the inside line, so I had to back out to avoid a certain accident - 3 don't go into one. Braking early and getting a better exit than the other two, I pulled out to the left just as kcheeb who started from 4th, was exiting the corner and his tight angle of approach meant he just tagged the back of me spinning me round and damaging his front wing. He let me through and I set about making my way through the field.

I got past Upuaut on the drag into turn 8, then drove past Jordy7777 and tombrooks97 at turn 2 on the second lap which put me up to 6th. On lap 3 I then got past my team mate Mutu20 going into turn 8, then past MikeTheHockeyFan on the same lap to move up to 4th. I then had a scrap with Baumi27 for a couple of laps trying to get past him, I found it difficult to slipstream him because of the kink of turn 11 so I wasn't usually close enough to outbrake him into 12. Eventually I got past when I seem to remember carrying much more speed into turn one so that I was able to drive past into turn 2, though when you're in race mode it's hard to remember exactly what went on. This put me into third and I was now chasing down DarkPSI, who disliked the option tyres so strongly that he pitted as early as lap 7. Up to second now, and I hoped that my pace on the options would stretch out enough to have a chance of leapfrogging him after my stop.

Before Pipeslice pitted from the lead on lap 10, I was 13 seconds behind him. I pitted a lap later and came out a second closer than I was before which was encouraging, as I was now on marginally fresher tyres than his as well. I had also successfully leaped Dark who must have hit rush hour traffic after his stop as I had expected him to be much closer than he actually was.

I started to catch Pipeslice hand over fist, reeling him in 3-4 seconds a lap as he was clearly in trouble. Turned out he was driving one handed trying to fix his mic. He got it sorted out just in the nick of time though and the gap between us stabilized at 4 seconds. I tried to exert as much pressure as I could in the hope that he would make a mistake but he wasn't obliging. We always seemed to have an answer for each other's pace and it became a stalemate with him having an edge in the second sector, and me having an edge in the final sector. This reminded me of Catalunya where the same pattern occurred when racing Dark there. I don't know if it's something to do with my style or set-up, but I seem to have an advantage in the slower corners but lose out perhaps in some of the faster ones.

In the last few laps I could sense that Pipe was either struggling with his tyres or he was just backing off in the natural way you do when approaching the end of the race in the lead, so I started to push extra hard but unfortunately had a massive oversteer moment on the exit of turn 5 and lost a second and a half to him. Who knows, if I hadn't made that mistake and he was able to hear my engine noise in the background it may have pressured him into making a mistake, although I highly doubt it as he's an accomplished racer. I closed the gap back down to 3.8 seconds by the end of the race, but Pipeslice always had it under control it seemed. Kudos to him, he drove a great race and fully deserved his maximum haul of 35 points 👍

Dark's set-up woes meant he couldn't challenge for the win but salvaged 3rd place ahead of Mutu20 who once again had the upper hand over Baumi in the race, even if he didn't have the one lap pace of him. Onwards and upwards to Montreal where i'll be pushing for the win!

Race Footage
courtesy of tombrooks97 & kcheeb:

kcheeb's race:

Qualifying : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75gGREzwi9I
Race Clip 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdfx4P5OLoY
Race Clip 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgRvlHkx3nU
Race Clip 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP4GHbRWkSc
Race Clip 4 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ1G0UAkX0M

Tombrooks97's race:

Race Clip 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egcFyXTCNQ
Race Clip 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_vwG7Rm8Kk
Race Clip 3 : Coming soon

Here's the tables:

Drivers Championship

1st. Shaggy Alonso - 224 pts
2nd. DarkPSI - 163 pts
3rd. Baumi27 - 118 pts
4th. Mutu20 - 96 pts
5th. Pipeslice - 91 pts
6th. Tombrooks97 - 44 pts
7th. MikeTheHockeyFan - 36 pts
8th. Upuaut - 36 pts
9th. NumbPhase - 34 pts
10th. Ardius - 30 pts
11th. kcheeb - 24 pts
12th. DOUQA - 19 pts
13th. AliT12 - 17 pts
14th Jerry786 - 12 pts
15th. Shark33 - 3 pts
16th. Manios22DC - 2 pts
17th. jordy7777 - 2 pts

Teams Championship

1st. Tyrrell - 320 pts (Shaggy Alonso, Mutu20)
2nd. Benetton - 199 pts (DarkPSI, MikeTheHockeyFan)
3rd. Jordan - 150 pts (Tombrooks97, Pipeslice, Jerry786, Shark33)
4rd. Brawn - 150 pts (Baumi27, Manios22DC, Ardius)
5th. Hesketh - 79 pts (kcheeb, NumbPhase, DOUQA, jordy7777)
6th. Brabham - 53 pts (Upuaut, AliT12)

K guys, i'm in a little bit of a pickle as to what time to hold the race at this Sunday. The real Canadian GP will not start till 18:00 UK time. Would 21:00 UK time be ok for everyone (just one hour later than usual)? I may have to forgo watching the race and record it, in which case everyone has to promise not to mention it before our race!

Can you make it this weekend Ardius?

I'll be there this weekend, 👍. I can't miss Montreal! I will also be doing my best to make Valencia, Silverstone and the rest of the European races. I will be missing at Hungary (I will be at Silverstone for the British Grand Prix all weekend) and I might be missing for Hockenheim.
Beyond that, who knows. But I am definitely in for Montreal and Valencia!

another awesome race report shaggy 👍

and thanks to everyone else too, it's cool to hear about your race!

Ok guys thought i would do a little race report from my side of things.

Qualifying
Ok my main objective was to be on the front row,because the first
corner here was a difficult one and i had visions of incidents.I had been
practicing in the week and had shown good pace doing 1:23.4 and 1:23.5,
but this was under no pressure of the race day.
My first lap out it just did nt happen missing apexes and braking
zones,so i abandoned the lap.I saw Shaggy put a 1:24.1 i think on his first
registered lap which was very strong,so i went out again taking the out lap
slow.I got my head together and started my flying lap and things were better hitting most of the points i wanted to hit and managed a 1:23.8 which i was happy with.I pitted and decided not to go out again,so it was a painful wait to see if shaggy or darkpsi had an answer.Shaggy then put in a 1:24 flat which left me in pole and knowing he was going to be strong in the race.

Race

We did a random grid start so someone could join the race,due to internet problems,which i did nt mind as i know full well what its like to have that issue.
I got delt 7th place which i was gutted with because dark and shaggy were in first and third,and i knew how strong there race pace is and thought i was not going to be able to compete this time around.Anyway i got
a good start and stayed up the left side as to avoid coming across anyone on the bend.As i came around i saw shaggy involved in a collision which opened up a gap to second behind darkpsi which i took.I was well happy with
this position,but knowing from experience with darkpsi he defends like Michael
Schumacher and it would be very difficult to overtake him.I was bumper to bumper with darkpsi for the first lap and then going into the first corner of the second lap i managed to carry more corner speed giving me great exit speed and was able to overtake on the inside of the long sweeping next right.
Now i thought ive got to put some decent laps in as i knew shaggy would be making his way back threw the field.Anyway there not much to say about the next 12 laps i was on my own,so i pitted.I noticed shaggy had got to second place and was coming down the straight as i was in the pits.As i exited i was only 3-4 seconds behind him with a pit stop in hand,i was in a strong position.Shaggy then pitted putting me in front.
Two laps later i had a nightmare i made the mistake of putted my mic on the floor at the start,what i did nt realise was my dog had been chewing it and had turned it on.All i could see was my name being highlighted on screen as if i was speaking,this had me very worried as i thought all everyone else could here was my engine noises on their tv,s.So i was driving one handed trying to find the mic which was now under my seat and could i find it NO!!!!.So i let go of the wheel found the mic turned it off and by now i was in the gravel and had done a 180.Shaggy was now only 4 seconds behind,so race on.I managed to maintain this gap for the race me being faster in some parts and shaggy in others,but on the last couple of laps i got a little careless missing braking zones,which i think was down to two reasons pressure from shaggy and the thought of a win and stopping shaggys winning streak.I finally finished 3.8 secs ahead.
I have realised that to compete with shaggy i would have to be consistently fast every lap,he is a very fast driver and will punish you at the slightest mistake.

I hope i did nt bore you all to much with this,and look forward to sunday.

Two laps later i had a nightmare i made the mistake of putted my mic on the floor at the start,what i did nt realise was my dog had been chewing it and had turned it on.All i could see was my name being highlighted on screen as if i was speaking,this had me very worried as i thought all everyone else could here was my engine noises on their tv,s.So i was driving one handed trying to find the mic which was now under my seat and could i find it NO!!!!.So i let go of the wheel found the mic turned it off and by now i was in the gravel and had done a 180.

lol, I remember seeing your name and sound. Didn't hear too much, but then again, dogs can't talk, right?

not bored at all, thanks for sharing!

Montreal is such a fun track. I love attacking those chicanes with a really extreme entry angle and flying over the kerbs.

For those looking to gain some time, you can actually take the first part of the last chicane (Wall of Champions) with your car halfway over the giant kerb on the right (3rd or 4th gear). Just have to figure out the right positioning. Focus on bouncing over the first part of the chicane, but don't use the kerbs on the second part at all on the left. You get a lot more speed down the start finish straight this way. You should be exiting the turn on the front straight almost in the middle of the track rather than kissing the wall.

Well because of this exchange thing, i'm not going to be in until 19:00 on Sunday, one hour after the race starts :grumpy: and i've had next-to no practice, literally 4-5 laps 🤬 but i'll try and get some on sunday after the race :)

Well because of this exchange thing, i'm not going to be in until 19:00 on Sunday, one hour after the race starts :grumpy: and i've had next-to no practice, literally 4-5 laps 🤬 but i'll try and get some on sunday after the race :)

Is there going to be that many girls there, that you're willing to risk Montreal :sly:

Go and see this movie.

Can't believe I still havent seen it, only because the only place showing is 40 mins away.

Anyway Im back in action with my new G27 which hopefully won't break againand good timing too as I love Montreal. I wonder if me and kcheeb will be battling it out on his home turf haha 👍

I found it amusing just reading over the posts and reading the last race nearly produced a scandal haha gutted I missed it.

I found it amusing just reading over the posts and reading the last race nearly produced a scandal haha gutted I missed it.

It was a fun race with some good discussion after ;)

ALL, we still on for practice tomorrow, 07:00MDT/09:00EDT/14:00UK? Qualy & Race or just Race?

Shaggy, if you want to do the invites feel free, if not I can.

I think I have added everyone in the group. If not, let me know so I can get it sorted tonight.

Hi guys,

Unfortunately i cant attend this sunday championship race cause of Whitsun. I'll be with my family at my family :-)
So I hope there will be a good reserve driver ready ;-)

Best regards

DarkPSI

P.S.:Wonderful overtaking from Hamilton, who is the best driver this season from my point of view. nice and fair from schumi. bad massa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQiCe5qhpGE

That sucks Dark, though with your frugal fuel usage I suspect you'll be favourite for Valencia the following week ;)

Akmuq is your reserve driver so i'll message him if you like about this week...........

Hey guys. I can stand in as a reserve if someone cant make it to this weekends race
Let us know :)

............However if he doesn't respond, perhaps Jerry could fill in? Jerry you should come online anyway if you're free on sunday because the likelihood is that someone won't be able to make it that you can stand in for.

It was a fun race with some good discussion after ;)

ALL, we still on for practice tomorrow, 07:00MDT/09:00EDT/14:00UK? Qualy & Race or just Race?

Shaggy, if you want to do the invites feel free, if not I can.

I think I have added everyone in the group. If not, let me know so I can get it sorted tonight.

I'm afraid I can no longer make i tomorrow as my plans have changed, unless you guys are able for a really early start like tomorrow morning, 11:00 am UK time (I highly doubt anyone will be interested)

I had been practicing in the week and had shown good pace doing 1:23.4 and 1:23.5,
but this was under no pressure of the race day.

I have realised that to compete with shaggy i would have to be consistently fast every lap,he is a very fast driver and will punish you at the slightest mistake.

Thanks for the kind words Pipe, but quite how you managed a 1:23.4 around Istanbul is simply beyond me. My only hope is that you're using some trick set-up and not the defaults that me and James use because we've no answer to that type of pace! I knew it was simply a matter of time before it was translated into a race win.

............However if he doesn't respond, perhaps Jerry could fill in? Jerry you should come online anyway if you're free on sunday because the likelihood is that someone won't be able to make it that you can stand in for.

Yeah I could fill in this week definitely but im not sure about the week after. Let us know what time you're racing this Sunday [I hope it doesn't clash with the real life Montreal race] and ill be there :)

Back