Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

So how's the 'Karmann Ghilla' or whatever coming along? And have you given the Jazz a go yet?

I've failed you!! The C4 is too lively, did a 2:06 which wasn't faster than my posted lap!! :ouch: :dunce: :scared: :guilty: :yuck: :nervous: :indiff: :ill: :(

So how's the 'Karmann Ghilla' or whatever coming along? And have you given the Jazz a go yet?

I've failed you!! The C4 is too lively, did a 2:06 which wasn't faster than my posted lap!! :ouch: :dunce: :scared: :guilty: :yuck: :nervous: :indiff: :ill: :(

Sorry just got home so no I haven't given the Jazz a go yet.
I'm doing some last minute laps of Monaco in the Quicksilver (actually this ones currently red though I'll paint it after I finish breaking it in. And yes you read that right it was a 0 miles car that I got someplace:P) to make sure I have the suspension where I want it(and win somemore racing suits...need to eventually get 7 of the same suit for the team you know:crazy:). So I should have both the Kharmann Ghilla and Quicksilver tunes up in about an hour.
Don't worry about the lap times with Kermit. I like Kermit and its a solid tune but not real well suited for this track. Take Kermit adjust the top speed for the transmission up about 3 clicks...186mph/297.6kph...and run him on La Sarthe in the French seasonal with everything else left exactly the same. You should completely destroy the AI.:sly:

Note: The car is what's not real well suited to the track, not the tune since I did all my tuning of it on GVS.

No, I'm doing the french seasonals to help me get used to it, i despise GVS with unbridled hatred, I don't want to even touch its tarmac until the damn thing is over…so I'll take Kermit on a bit of a road trip, and then run it at the blasted place to see if there's any improvements 👍

The Outlaw Motorsport Garage tunes.

Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 "Quicksilver"

This is a car that stuck to the ideals of the early English sports cars and somehow managed to defy the advances of technology and those who declared such cars as obsolete.
Although suffering from a severe lack of HP with a frame and suspension designed in 1962 the car offers a very light weight and uniquely attractive styling. Since the British Lightweight Seasonal races offered a chance to add to our collection of gear Harvey Wallbanger and crew here at the Outlaw Motorsports Garage decided to see if they could bring it to life and allow it to compete with the modern English sports cars such as the Lotus Elise. Who knew that under that stylish fun loving skin lurked a crackling, snarling beast ready to claw its way around other lightweight sportscars as it at last lived up to its name Spitfire. With the engine finally creating the sorts of power needed to be competitive our attention went to its handling. The car wasn't bad stock but then in a car which struggled to reach 100mph there wasn't really a chance to overwork it. Now capable of speeds over 160 mph it became obvious that the original suspension just wasn't up to the task at hand as the car took every opportunity to trade ends repeatedly in a case of totally insane oversteer. The addition of a GTAuto Type B wing and a fully customizable race suspension kit allowed the Wallbanger and his band of outlaws to get things under control. Now with a little attention on the drivers part the car will dart into corners with a gentle flick of the wrist and carve its way through even the tightest hairpin. The last step in our transformation of a classic English sportscar was to send the car over to Praiano's shop for a transmission job giving it the gearing needed to make full use of its power on the track. In a somewhat amusing side note the Wallbanger thought to play a practical joke on his favorite reviewer, and frequent test driver, Onboy123 to get him back for asking that another car be repainted matte black, and took the body panels into the GTAuto paint shop for a quick dip in silver chrome. The joke though seemed to be on the Wallbanger as to his surprise instead of the ridiculous appearance he expected the car came out simply stunning thus earning the name Quicksilver. When Onboy asked Praiano what the car was like Praiano delivered one of the greatest lines in recent memory saying,"Chrome Triumph Spitfire, i tune the gears for our friend. The paint...., it's not the same when you slam a wall with another paint.. :)"
With all work done it was time to set off for the British lightweight seasonal races and see if we had another winner. The answer wasn't long in coming as Quicksilver lived up to its names and showed that it had the moves needed to not only compete but win in convincing fashion.
So now the Outlaw Motorsports Garage is proud to present our latest winning tune, "Quicksilver".
C25C325B4te2520d2527Azur.jpg

BryCivicSi
Parts and modifications made to base vehicle:
GTAuto Aero Kit Wing B
Weight reduction; stage 3, window weight reduction, chassis reinforcement
Engine; stage 3, ECU tuning
Intake System; Sports intake manifold, Racing air filter
Exhaust; Sports exhaust manifold, Catalytic converter:Sports, Titanium Racing exhaust
Turbo Kits; High rpm range turbo kit (stage 3)
Transmission; Fully customizable transmission
Drivetrain; Clutch twin plate, flywheel semi-racing, adjustable LSD, Carbon drive shaft
Suspension; Fully customizable kit
Tires; any tire type from Sport Soft-Racing Soft

Done here is it.

This chrome paint haha , it hurt myself when i slamed the walls , like real. :)

Gearbox Trimph Spitfire.

Monaco

Transmission how to process:
1- Select .reset to default
2- Select final gear at 3630 (stock)
3- Select top speed at 220 kmh = 136,7 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 2866
2: 1943
3: 1506
4: 1204
5: 0995

Nurburgring just move final gear

Transmission how to process:
1- Select final gear at 2900
2- Set 5 gear ratio at:
5: 0940

Enjoy
Set LSD initial 8, acceleration 18, braking 5
Suspension settings as follows:
Camber angle front 1.5 rear 2.0
Toe angle front -0.10 rear 0.20
Ride height adjustment front -25 rear -20
Spring rate front 8.2 rear 6.2
Dampers (extension) front 4 rear 4
Dampers (compression) front 4 rear 4
Anti roll bars front 3 rear 4
Brakes front 7 rear 8
Add 7kg Ballast in the -50 position
Set Aerodynamic Adjustment to 20 rear

As tuned complete with engine rebuild the car has 500 PP, 234 HP, and 192 ft-lb torque@6400 rpm. Redline is 7800 rpm with some drop off in bhp and torque between peak power and Redline making this an okay car for use with an automatic transmission (the way I drive is with an automatic), but probably better using a manual transmission.

Note: When doing the British lightweight seasonal races use the Monaco transmission settings for all races except for Nürburgring where the longer straight and gentle sweeper curves allow a much higher top speed.

As always drive hard and have fun:cheers::gtpflag:

I love how you can still hear the Triumph engine growling before the turbo kicks in. Its a bit tail happy unless you get every input just right, any mistake swaps the front with the rear. Get it right, and Quicksilver will stick on just about any line you point it along. I must admit that I didn’t install a wing, even though this might fix the issue, I just couldn’t bring myself to ruin the Trumpie’s gorgeous lines. I’m currently using it to embarrass a bunch of Lotuses at Monaco in the lightweight seasonal, even though they are doing their best to smash me off the track at every opportunity (someone should read those suckers the GTP racing rulebook).
:tup:to Quicksilver

Thanks for the borrow of Quicksilver. It's surprisingly more controllable with that plank on the boot. :yuck:

Took it for a quick run round deep forest, and the 1:20ish time looked something like this.

deepforestracewayc.jpg

Last edited:
So, now the FF shootout is nearing the end, I think it's time old Wallbanger started thinking about some newer quirks and games to keep the GTP community entertained :D Kei-car unlimited? Classics shootout?

Seems like I get no Cred for This Shootout. WallBanger Posted it up, but we came up with it together. Not hating or trying to steal any thunder, just real. This event I believe has done good for the board, Cred for it should go where it's due..

The Outlaw Motorsport Garage tunes.

Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 "Quicksilver"

Nice work with this one Desperado. I thought I’d give it a go to re-learn how to drive a FR car, since you and AssassinTuner made me drive all those FF beasties.

I love how you can still hear the Triumph engine growling before the turbo kicks in. Its a bit tail happy unless you get every input just right, any mistake swaps the front with the rear. Get it right, and Quicksilver will stick on just about any line you point it along. I must admit that I didn’t install a wing, even though this might fix the issue, I just couldn’t bring myself to ruin the Trumpie’s gorgeous lines.

I’m currently using it to embarrass a bunch of Lotuses at Monaco in the lightweight seasonal, even though they are doing their best to smash me off the track at every opportunity (someone should read those suckers the GTP racing rulebook).

👍 to Quicksilver

Last edited:
Ah, yes, Wallbanger you ungrateful 🤬, give this man the credit he deserves!! :D Yea, credit him, he thought of this whole thing in the first place.

But on behalf of the testers and tuners, and I think I can speak for everyone, I'd like to thank XDesperado and AssassinTuner for building the shootout from scratch. It's come a long way, and it would have been nothing if it weren't for you two 👍 :bowdown: :gtpflag: :)

So, now the FF shootout is nearing the end, I think it's time old Wallbanger started thinking about some newer quirks and games to keep the GTP community entertained :D Kei-car unlimited? Classics shootout?

How about an estate race around the shops?:crazy:

Much thanks for taking part!!!! It would of been just another dead post had nobody got involved, it's only become so big because of you guys!!!!!!

I've got some ideas Brewing for when this comes to an end.

Be interesting to pit all these fast FF's that came out of the Shootout against some FR at 500pp ;) wouldn't it :D

Lol, Imagine a Audi RS4 with 681245234108hp blasting through a shopping center :D Nice idea, actually, and we'll peg the power cap at 700~hp to stop everyone using the 900hp RS6 :D

Edit: Assassin, Desperado, take a peek at the dark orange text on my second post, I think you might like it :)

Onboy123
Lol, Imagine a Audi RS4 with 681245234108hp blasting through a shopping center :D Nice idea, actually, and we'll peg the power cap at 700~hp to stop everyone using the 900hp RS6 :D

At 900hp it's probably blowing away 500pp. So far I've tested a Miata (I know, I know, I take it out because I don't fit in real world Miatas. ) it was right on Par with the FF boys. However that was at GVS might not be as close elsewhere, I'll do some Test before anything gets put up.

Have an idea I want to run by Adrenaline. If he goes for it I think it will keep people entertained for a bit.:sly:
Would sort of like to see another tuner step up and host the next TC. I've seen a couple mention doing so.👍
Think I'll probably need close to a month to clear up the payouts for this one, so don't want to run a major TC like this one immediately. That said I'm thinking of something along the lines of a classic sportscar showdown. Pre '80 cars that can at least loosely be classified as sports cars. Thinking 450 PP with a 460-465 PP hardcap, meaning that a car can't have over the hardcap before being restricted down to the target. Allows people to still play with some ballast and power limiter but keeps the cars closer in abilities. For a track thinking either Monaco or Laguna Seca tracks with a history in keeping with vintage sports car racing. Thought about making it a European tour using the 4 city courses but would probably be tough to get drivers to commit to that much driving of all the cars if we get anything close to the kind of tuner turnout we had for this one.

Nice work with this one Desperado. I thought I’d give it a go to re-learn how to drive a FR car, since you and AssassinTuner made me drive all those FF beasties.

I love how you can still hear the Triumph engine growling before the turbo kicks in. Its a bit tail happy unless you get every input just right, any mistake swaps the front with the rear. Get it right, and Quicksilver will stick on just about any line you point it along. I must admit that I didn’t install a wing, even though this might fix the issue, I just couldn’t bring myself to ruin the Trumpie’s gorgeous lines.

I’m currently using it to embarrass a bunch of Lotuses at Monaco in the lightweight seasonal, even though they are doing their best to smash me off the track at every opportunity (someone should read those suckers the GTP racing rulebook).

👍 to Quicksilver

Two questions for you Tris what kind of tires are you using and did you see the Quicksilver I have shared?

I'm generally not a fan of the generic wing selection either but like the Chrome paint job it seems to work on the Spitfire and yes it really does help keep the tail planted a little better. As for the engine sound I agree hearing that throaty burbling of the carborated engine on start up and at lower revs and the way it blends into the turbo/transmission whine is just awesome. Let's me know the car isn't just a fun top down cruiser anymore but a car that means business on the track.

@Assassin never tried to take all the credit for the FF shootout and planning on giving you more props soon.👍👍

Two questions for you Tris what kind of tires are you using and did you see the Quicksilver I have shared?

I started with SS tyres and had just a little difficulty, swapped to RS for that extra ‘on rails’ you get so I could go at it. Really thumped them. Went back to the SS after a bit, and almost got to the point of catching the bolter Elise. Haven’t seen your shared one, I’ll FR you tomorrow, my net connection is really flaky this evening. I’m having to reconnect to PSN every time I finish a race, and I’m typing in this by way of Pages and cut and paste.

I started with SS tyres and had just a little difficulty, swapped to RS for that extra ‘on rails’ you get so I could go at it. Really thumped them. Went back to the SS after a bit, and almost got to the point of catching the bolter Elise. Haven’t seen your shared one, I’ll FR you tomorrow, my net connection is really flaky this evening. I’m having to reconnect to PSN every time I finish a race, and I’m typing in this by way of Pages and cut and paste.

Ouch! Know how that goes although my connection is generally much better lately since the cell phone company upgraded to 4G. Thinking I might even try for a friendly online cruise lobby or race. Still haven't actually ran anything online...so have no idea how good or bad my tunes are there.:irked:

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '68 "Gila Monster"

Okay so we all know about the VW Beetle at one time it was the most widely manufactured and marketed car in the world. Even today its not uncommon to see one sputtering around. Cheap and easy to maintain, they provided a basic mode of transportation to much of the world. The fact that their "styling" was dated and led to the nickname Bug, only seemed to be part of their charm. A surprisingly rugged nature and the ease with which the car could be modified helped to keep them chugging along the worlds roads. Sad to say but the designers at Volkswagen seemed to have spent what little creativity they had on the Bug as the cars they replaced it with were little more than boxes on wheels.
However in the mid 50s Volkswagen did try and break out of its mold as a cheap people mover. Volkswagen went to the Italian designer Carrozzeria Ghia to design them a sports car body. Then had German coach-builder Karmann produce it. Sweeping graceful lines with everything a smooth curve the Karmann Ghia looked ready to compete with the Italian sports coupes and English sports cars. Sadly under that beautiful skin what one found was the heart of a beetle. While far more successful than Volkswagen expected it never really became a major part of their corporate success, hampered as it was by much higher production costs and an overall lack of any real performance. And so it has languished over the years all but forgotten by many car enthusiasts. Harvey Wallbanger found several of these cars quietly gathering dust and captivated by their looks decided to see what his merry band of outlaws could do with it. The result is what we've dubbed the "Gila Monster" or German Lizard. First you need to forget about high performance racing. That beetle heart means such endeavors are forever out of reach. So with extensive consultation from our favorite reviewer and independent test driver the Outlaw Motorsports Garage has produced a cruiser that is sure to grab attention with its looks and smooth handling. With a switch to a larger turbo and racing exhaust the car can also become a fairly respectable low speed drifter. Like its graceful body lines you can enjoy a very smooth cruise that flows around corners effortlessly. So here is Harvey Wallbanger's first non racing tune. We hope you enjoy this unique car as much as we do.
BryCivicSi
IMAG0082.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from the Used Car Dealership
Paintjob Matte Black
Weight reduction Stage 3
Window weight reduction
Chassis reinforcement
ECU tuning
Engine Tuning stage 3
Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sports Exhaust manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Sports Exhaust
Low RPM Range Turbo kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch twin-plate
Flywheel semi-racing
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Fully Customizable kit
Sports tires soft

The Tune
Set max speed on transmission to 118 mph.
LSD initial 10, acceleration 50, braking 5
Suspension
Camber angle front 0.6 rear 0.8
Toe angle front 0.08 rear 0.12
Ride height front -30, rear -30
Spring rate front 10.8 rear 11.2
Dampers (Extension) front 4 rear 4
Dampers (Compression) front 4 rear 4
Anti-roll bars front 4 rear 4
Brakes front 7 rear 7
1Kg Ballast in the -50 position.

The car has 385 PP,weighs 747 Kg with a 45/55 front/rear weight distribution, has 102 HP and produces 170 ft-lb torque@2700 rpm with a 5700 rpm redline.

Note: For those interested in drifting with this car you will probably want to switch to a Mid RPM Turbo Kit, Titanium Racing Exhaust and Comfort Hard tires. For best drifting results Shmogt suggests a stiffer front suspension along with higher front toe and Camber. My recommendation to someone interested in drifting or help fine tuning this car for drift is to visit Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage)

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Should Assassin know of our grand finale? He helped imagine this FF thing, so I guess he should have some clue of it…

You'll see later :D Anyways……what's OMG's (:lol: :D :dopey:) next project car? Is it french? A hatchback? Or a classic car?

You'll see later :D Anyways……what's OMG's (:lol: :D :dopey:) next project car? Is it french? A hatchback? Or a classic car?
Running a few laps of Nürburgring with Quicksilver for some added capital and new suits.:) Then I'll probably pay a quick visit to my sadly neglected Copen and give it a couple.laps of the ring to see if I can get under 8 minutes. If I'm under or closer than my last go round I'll publish its tune.
After that I'm looking at the 110A and 110B wankers I have and will probably make one of them my next project for around 500PP. See if they can run with Quicksilver.:D

@Tris just got home from work and accepted your FR. Hope you find something interesting!:sly:

Back