7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Someone please do tell me what time this race is in Jamaican time.

I checked Canadian to Jamaican time and we're one hour apart. I'm 7 hours back of UK time, you should be 6 hours back. The race for me is at 13:00, for you it should be 14:00, wouldn't hurt to have a check an hour early :)

This seems to be a decent calculator, http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc UK/London and Jamaica are in the list to select from.

Should be 3PM according to this. Might be worth asking kcheeb to confirm that because he is in Canada and probably used to this time zone nonsense.

Shaggy, I think you went against GMT time, UK is currently GMT +1 for daylight savings.

Yes the time zone stuff can make my head hurt sometimes, especially in spring and fall! And 24 hr and 12 hr clock messes me everytime!

this should be interesting. Not got that much practice laps under my belt but this is probably the best track in the game so I'm looking forward to the race non the less.

well im half cut for this race been in the pub most of the afternoon and its taught one thing you cant drive on the edge with drink in side you.I did nt enjoy tonights race one bit,i could nt do one single lap that i was happy with,one of the worst drives i ve done.i came second but i really did nt deserve that position.ohh and Darkpsi dont worry about when you hit me off the track i aint bothered about it.congrats shaggy on the win, and see you all next week.

Bit of a diaster for me, no practice and it showed! 9th in Qualifying and 9th in the race! :grumpy: Only have myself to blame really. See You at Hockenheim!

Decent first race for me. finished where I started, 6th. Had setup problems though, and a crash on lap 1, taking away a piece of my front wing, and putting me way back after getting up to 4th in a few corners, meant that that was the best I could manage. This track is not one of my good tracks anyway.

A little disappointed with my race today, was not very consistent, I did have times where I'd put a few laps together but overall not so much.

Started off with another pb in qualifying, felt good about that. I thought I was going to qualify in seventh until Ali dashed those hopes with a nice run around the track.

Race started and I got a reasonable start, but played it pretty conservative in turn one where Tom went by me. There seemed to be a bit of a scuffle ahead and I thought I'd managed to slip up a couple of spots, I turned in to the start of Becketts, right in front of Baumi, sorry about that, hopefully I didn't break anything on you! I spun and had put myself in a hole.

From there I had a long way to catch up, first was Ali, managed to slip past him and then we somehow got tangled up, I got away ok and really never saw him again. Was hoping for a battle with you, but not meant to be I guess.

I started catching Tom and it seemed I wasn't destined to make it past him, I`d get on his wing and then make a mistake, back to catching up. Then a couple of laps later, Tom and Peter had a mini battle going on, Peter slipped past Tom and as Tom said, he got out on the logo and spun across the track, right in front of me, a little heart in throat moment for me, but no harm done (to me).

I managed to catch Peter up once, likely due to an off by him as he had more pace than I. I stuck with him for a lap or so, but eventually his pace and my inconsistency saw him drive off into the sun.

Next moment of note was a really bad decision on my part, I saw someone catching, pretty quickly, suspected Shaggy and I was right. I had an off and thought I had time to get back on the track and almost took Shaggy out. I was so glad he was able to avoid my bad call. Felt like a total a** for putting him in that position, sorry about that. It was a good learning for me, check the mini map before getting back on track!

Always have fun on Sunday afternoon's, thanks for the race all! Looking forward to Hockenheim.

Fun race.

Came into this race yet again with limited practice laps under my belt thanks to beer fueled trip to Germany in the week. But I always liked Silverstone so I was hoping I could wing it, so to speak, and at least be competitive with Baumi.

Quali was OK, did a PB of 1:30.2 (I think). Was frustrating because I was really starting to realise where I was losing the extra second and a half to the leaders. Namely Stowe, Beckets complex and in Abbey. I wish I would of had even one more qualifying session under my belt. Oh well, same old story. Anyway, I was pleased to nip Baumi to get a 4th place and only half a second from Pipeslice (who was of course drunk LOL).

Start of the race was a bit of a disaster. For some strange reason my camera defaulted to the cockpit view (use T cam obv) and I couldn't figure out which button I had to press to switch it back. Got through turn 1 fine but I didn't want to punt anyone off going through becketts so I went off track to figure it all out. this put me plum last of course, about 15 seconds behind the leaders.

Anyway, I surprisingly found my groove and caught and passed people without incident. Took the longest to catch Baumi but with a bunch of laps into my prime stint I caught him and we had a pretty enjoyable back and forth battle for what must have been 10 laps or so. Awesome defensive driving by Baumi. I always find its easier to be the aggressor in this situation so eventualy Baumi made the critical mistake which allowed me to pass and after that I managed to keep him at a 1-3 second gap for the rest of the race. It's definitely harder to try and pull away from someone who is evenly matched to you than it is to follow.

Great stuff anyway. Pity we can't race Silverstone every week. Even when driving on my own this race was awesome fun.

The most disappointing race for me so far. Hadn't practiced all week so didn't expect much but had my best qualifying session so far in terms of the amount of tidy laps. Managed to squeeze ahead of kcheeb with 4 seconds left too was was pleased with that.

Had the best start ever in the race, usually in my first few laps I make mistakes but I seemed to be doing well and was up into 4th place, even reached 3rd after someone went off but didn't keep it for long as was expected really. Obviously I wasn't expecting to come 4th or stay there for long but I kept pushing and hoped I would end up 6th or something which I would have been more than happy with. Baumi soon caught up with me but not close enough for a proper battle to develop I was more than happy that I seemed to be holding him off for a few laps and was just dreading making any mistake because I knew as soon as I'd make one I'd loose my position for good. This mistake eventually came when I braked a bit late on turn 4 and hit the grass which somehow punctured my tire which was an incredible blow to my race as I then had to slowly do nearly a whole lap which put me in last place by a long shot.

This is where we had our incident kcheeb, sorry about that I stayed off the line to let you pass but when we came to the corner behing a wheel short I just locked up and slid into the side of you, luckly there was no damage and you got away fine.

After my pit I was behind Tom by about 30 seconds so just aimed at getting back into the race which I somehow managed to do so was pleased with that.

This mistake eventually came when I braked a bit late on turn 4 and hit the grass which somehow punctured my tire which was an incredible blow to my race as I then had to slowly do nearly a whole lap which put me in last place by a long shot.

Bad luck that, hearing about a few of those lately :(

This is where we had our incident kcheeb, sorry about that I stayed off the line to let you pass but when we came to the corner behing a wheel short I just locked up and slid into the side of you, luckly there was no damage and you got away fine.

Tough braking short a wheel! I thought perhaps that was what happened, no harm no foul. Maybe at Hockenheim we'll be able to have our long awaited battle 👍

Bad luck that, hearing about a few of those lately :(

Before the race I was thinking that I havent had a puncture in one of our races and then it happened lol

Tough braking short a wheel! I thought perhaps that was what happened, no harm no foul. Maybe at Hockenheim we'll be able to have our long awaited battle 👍

Yea hopefully I love Hockenheim too such a fast track 👍

Just moved appartments gents and have a bit of bad news...

Looks like my internet connection at the place I am subletting for the summer isn't going to hold out too well for online racing. I have to regrettably withdraw for the remainder of this season.

I'll be happy to return to action with all y'alls fine folks in September, though. I'll be in touch, and hopefully one of those F1 2011 16 grid slots can be kept in reserve for me. Should be a blast!

Looks like my internet connection at the place I am subletting for the summer isn't going to hold out too well for online racing. I have to regrettably withdraw for the remainder of this season.

I'll be happy to return to action with all y'alls fine folks in September, though. I'll be in touch, and hopefully one of those F1 2011 16 grid slots can be kept in reserve for me. Should be a blast!

:( Well it was great racing with you Mike, see you in F1 2011! 👍

Bummer dude, hope to see you again in the fall, take care!

Oh s---

Looks like the FIA has re-approved my Super License a.k.a. my internet woes have been solved.

I'll be there for the rest of the season after all :dunce:

See you gents on the track. Even with all the F1 2011 hype, it's great fun to chuck the car around with you all. 👍

Oh s---

Looks like the FIA has re-approved my Super License a.k.a. my internet woes have been solved.

I'll be there for the rest of the season after all :dunce:

See you gents on the track. Even with all the F1 2011 hype, it's great fun to chuck the car around with you all. 👍

Wahoooooooooooooooooo! At least you didn't do a Yuji Ide! :lol:

I probably won't make this race either, just to let everyone know. But I should be back for Hungary as I don't have anything planned yet for that Sunday.

Had a practice with Shaggy earlier, pleased with my pace.

My advice to everyone is to get practicing because the racing is going to be very close. Podium's will be possible because the pack shouldn't be getting to drawn out due to the nature of the track - so if there's a coming together with the leaders etc, you have to be in a position to profit.

Qualifying will be very important!

Indeed it will.

Hockenheim is one of my best tracks in this game. I often win at this track online, contrasting Silverstone, which i've only raced a very little amount online, and never won at. This race should see me finish higher up the order, maybe fool around with the frontrunners and grab a podium.

Fired up F1:CE once again, and I must say, the difference is astronomical. Physics is massively different, damage is so much more fragile in this game, I have to be reminded of it sometimes. And, my goodness, graphics are worlds beyond F1 2010. Plus, I love how you actually can do trials for teams off season, that's something that Codemasters really should implement in the future to make the perfect F1 game. Plus, the career mode is far more difficult in this game, it'd take people who were gods at this game like Shaggy himself to be able to win a championship in a backmarker, but in F1 2010, you can do that rather easily.

Its not that easy to win the championship in a HRT, but its sure easier than it is with Super Aguri in F1:CE.
Certainly some tracks you can take pole and the win easily (Melbourne, Montreal, Bahrain, etc), but I think you will be hard-pressed to win at Catalunya and some of the tracks with some nice long straights as the backmarker cars in F1 2010 have a randomly bad straight line speed (despite the backmarkers showing well in the speed traps in reality..Cosworth isn't a bad engine).

GTP 7th F1 World Championship - Round 10 - Great Britain

10greatbritainencmyk300.jpg

Weather - Dry

Qualifying Results:

Pole - Shaggy Alonso (Tyrrell) - 1:28.331 (10 pts)

2nd. - DarkPSI (Benetton) - 1:28.910 (8 pts)

3rd. - Pipeslice (Jordan) - 1:29.553 (6 pts)

4th. - Mutu20 (Tyrrell)- 1:30.158 (5 pts)

5th. - Baumi27 (Brawn)- 1:30.392 (4 pts)

6th. - pj-gm (?) - 1:31.101 (3 pts)

7th. - AliT12 (Brabham)-1:31.715 (2 pts)

8th. - kcheeb (Hesketh)- 1:32.366 (1 pts)

9th. - Tombrooks97 (Jordan)-1:33.460

Race Results:

1st. Shaggy Alonso (Tyrrell) (25 pts) = 39m55.258s
2nd. Pipeslice (Jordan) (18 pts) + 40.3s
3rd. DarkPSI (Benetton) (15 pts) + 58.7s
4th. Mutu20 (Tyrrell) (12 pts) + 74.0s
5th. Baumi27 (Brawn) (10 pts) +75.4s
6th. pj-gm (Brabham) (8 pts) + 1 lap
7th. kcheeb (Hesketh) (6 pts) + 1 lap
8th. AliT12 (Brabham) (4 pts) + 1 lap
9th. Tombrooks97 (Jordan) (2 pts) + 2 laps

Qualifying:

I love Silverstone so much. The circuit has such a great rhythm and flow to it that was never done justice in any game i've ever played up until now. That section from Maggots, Becketts, Hangar Straight, Stowe, Club and Abbey is just breath-taking.

I knew that set-up would be important here, because it's simply impossible to carry the same speed through these high speed corners without enough front end grip. In the end, I found a set-up compromise that I was really, really happy with - I shared it with my team mate Mutu20 and he seemed to like it too 👍

My first lap unfortunately was invalid for cutting too much of Chapel corner, which was a pity as i'd taken every corner up to that as perfectly as I could. So I headed back to the pits and filled up to do 2 consecutive flying laps. My first lap was scruffy overall with a big oversteer moment through Club and it did a 1:29 dead. My following lap was a good bit better but certainly not perfect with a 1:28.5. My final flying lap was fractionally better with a 1:29.3. I was amazed seeing the sector times that although my first and last sectors were purple, in the middle sector I lost a full half second to DarkPSI! I'm still scratching my head as to how he could have been that much faster through there, as that's probably my favourite sector of the lap too - bravo anyway!

Race:

Amazingly, the British weather held off for qualifying and the race and it stayed bright and sunny. Pole position is a big advantage here because you can take turn 1 flat from there and the first big braking zone isn't until half way through the lap, giving you a chance to build a small gap. This went according to plan and I was able to drop DarkPSI gradually unlike in races like Spain and Valencia where he had the measure of me in race trim. He must have made a mistake however as Pipeslice got past him and they both dropped further back.

I pitted for tyres on lap 10 which was probably a lap too late as they went badly off, probably because of my set-up which was optimised for qualifying.

Although the race carried on without any incidents, it wasn't boring - I just enjoyed driving the track so much. I'd also like to mention a couple of well dones to Ali T who did well to qualify ahead of both tombrooks97 and kcheeb . Also well done to debutant pj-gm who took a solid 6th place.

Only two races till Spa guys, the next great circuit 👍 Hockenheim next, not my best track at all, i'll just be aiming for a podium here.

Race Footage
Courtesy of kcheeb:

kcheeb's race:

Silverstone Qualifying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvoTpIuXywI
Silverstone Race Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_or5DMafhCM
Silverstone Race Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoDUBIFb_ko

And here are the tables:

The Championship Tables (As of round 10):

Drivers Championship

1st. Shaggy Alonso - 287 pts
2nd. DarkPSI - 242 pts
3rd. Baumi27 - 169 pts
4th. Pipeslice - 168 pts
5th. Mutu20 - 151 pts
6th. Tombrooks97 - 64 pts
7th. Ardius - 44 pts
8th. kcheeb - 44 pts
9th. MikeTheHockeyFan - 43 pts
10th. Upuaut - 36 pts
11th. AliT12 - 35 pts
12th. NumbPhase - 34 pts
13th. DOUQA - 19 pts
14th. Jerry786 - 12 pts
15th. pj-gm - 11 pts
16th. Shark33 - 3 pts
17th. Manios22DC - 2 pts
18th. jordy7777 - 2 pts

Teams Championship

1st. Tyrrell - 438 pts - Shaggy Alonso, Mutu20
2nd. Benetton - 285 pts - DarkPSI, MikeTheHockeyFan
3rd. Jordan - 247 pts - Tombrooks97, Pipeslice, Jerry786, Shark33
4rd. Brawn - 215 pts - Baumi27, Manios22DC, Ardius
5th. Hesketh - 99 pts - kcheeb, NumbPhase, DOUQA, jordy7777
6th. Brabham - 82 pts - Upuaut, AliT12, pj-gm

Last edited:
Im an honest guy so I'd like to say to Shaggy Im sure I came 8th in Silverstone and kcheeb was 7th.

Still thanks for the well done though I was pleased with my result after my puncture which dropped me so far behind everyone. :)

Its not that easy to win the championship in a HRT, but its sure easier than it is with Super Aguri in F1:CE.
Certainly some tracks you can take pole and the win easily (Melbourne, Montreal, Bahrain, etc), but I think you will be hard-pressed to win at Catalunya and some of the tracks with some nice long straights as the backmarker cars in F1 2010 have a randomly bad straight line speed (despite the backmarkers showing well in the speed traps in reality..Cosworth isn't a bad engine).

It's supposed to simulate less aerodynamic efficiency, Studio Liverpool did that as well, and it's a good way to simulate the speed difference. Meaning, to run the same amount of downforce as the guys at the front, you will be creating more drag, thereby having slower straigtline speed.

And trust me man, with the exception of Silverstone, Catalunya and Korea, you can win at any other track, though Malaysia and China may prove difficult, but especially when you get the "Fast" engine map, straightline speed stops being a problem, and with HRT, a big upgrade around mid season that puts on around 20-25% more downforce, alond with a number of small ones throughout the season, by the end of the season, the HRT actually becomes a good car.

Thats not how it works, the HRT will have less downforce than a Red Bull, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has a worse aerodynamic effeciencey. Codemasters are supposed to research this properly, but clearly they haven't - the HRT actually showed quite well in the speed traps in 2010, and without the blue flags it was sometimes quite difficult for the top cars to pass them on the straights. Its just when they got to a bend it was game over for the HRTs as not only can they not carry anywhere near the same speed but they also suffer on corner exits and general high speed stability.

For example:
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2010/827/6719/speed_trap.html
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2010/827/6720/speed_trap.html
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2010/830/6737/speed_trap.html
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2010/830/6738/speed_trap.html

Despite producing more downforce than HRT, the Williams were clearly the slowest in a straight line. Whether this was due to poor aero effeciencey or simply that Williams were running far more wing we don't know. But over the season, the HRT was pretty good in a straight line except at Monza and Canada due to running the same aerodynamic package the entire season when others were bringing unique packages for those races.

Anyway, the point is, the straight-line speed of all the cars in F1 2010 should be fairly equal. But Codemasters seem to have taken a shortcut in making the performance more "realistic" in terms of overall laptime by simply giving different straight-line speeds...rather than focusing on their relative handling and downforce.

This is why its quite easy to run at the front in a backmarker car in F1 2010 because they appear to have far more handling performance than they really should and this is only balanced by a poor straight-line speed. So as long as you nail the corners with a decent setup, you can get very high up the grid in the slowest cars.

Last edited:
Im an honest guy so I'd like to say to Shaggy Im sure I came 8th in Silverstone and kcheeb was 7th.

Still thanks for the well done though I was pleased with my result after my puncture which dropped me so far behind everyone. :)

Just saw the updates to the thread, emails not working for some reason.

Thanks Ali 👍

Back