Master List of Cars With Incorrect Specifications

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 211 comments
Opel/Vauxhall Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01
Opel/Vauxhall discontinued the 1.4l Family 1 ECOTec engines in 2000. Impossible that they would have sold the Corsa B in '01, since it was refreshed in '01! :S

From Wikipedia:
The 1.0 L and 1.2 L Ecotec Family 0 engines are carry-overs from the Corsa B; but the 1.4 L Family 1 engine was replaced with a new Family 0 model of the same displacement.

LINK:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Corsa#Opel_Corsa_C_.282000-2006.29

(S) Audi TT 1.8T quattro '00 is 2WD (FF) intstead of 4WD (as the real life quattro should be).

Inaccurate:

Drivetrain: 2WD

Accurate:

Drivetrain: 4WD

(S) Audi TT 1.8T quattro '00 is 2WD (FF) intstead of 4WD (as the real life quattro should be).

Inaccurate:

Drivetrain: 2WD

Accurate:

Drivetrain: 4WD
That was actually like that in GT4 as well, if I remember correctly. Not really surprised that they didn't fix it, though when you equip the VCD to the car it does fix it for whatever it is worth.

I might as well put those 240 specs right for good, MSN Autos still has every value more or less wrong. Sources used? The registration document and owner's manual of my own 240GL '92.

Car: Volvo 240GLT '88.

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1890kg
Engine displacement: 2300cc
Power: 131HP @ 6000rpm
Torque: 145lb/ft @ 3000rpm

Real Life Specifications (European spec 1992 Volvo 240 GL Estate)
Weight: 1340kg
Engine displacement: 2316cc
Power: 116HP @ 5400rpm
Torque: 136lb/ft @ 2700rpm

For more explanation, virtually the only difference between a GL and a GLT is the suspension - the GLT uses the same as the former Turbo versions. All the specs between them are the exact same on these late production models.

This makes me sad.
My parents still have their -88 240 GL and it's awesome :)
I even traded for the 240 GLT cause it's so cool :D

This is interesting info, thanks for finding it guys. Sorta disillusioned now to realize how many typos there are, though. I held the game in somewhat high regard for its authenticity.

This is interesting info, thanks for finding it guys. Sorta disillusioned now to realize how many typos there are, though. I held the game in somewhat high regard for its authenticity.

Well.... yes, you are right. Slip-ups like these, and with such high occurrence, are inexcusable with such high regards and expectations. WORK IT UP PD!

Reading this thread makes me depressed but at the same time I'm glad games can be patched these days. I guess it's a consequence of trying to get more than 1000 cars right.

One thing I noticed is that the description for the premium '07 Suzuki Swift states that it's got a rev limiter 500 rpm higher than the older '05 model (premium car in GT, very minimal differences). However I recently checked that in game they're both identical.

Car: 2008 Viper SRT-10 ACR

GT5 Specifications
Top Speed: 200 + mph

Real Life Specifications
Top Speed: ~180 mph

http://www.insideline.com/dodge/viper/2008/2008-dodge-viper-acr-from-la-to-bonneville-and-back.html. (Direct Comparison)
Could that be because they screwed up the downforce for it so much?

Car: 2003 Saleen S7

GT5 Specifications
weight balance: 54/46

Real Life Specifications
weight balance: 40/60

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0208_saleen_s7/specs_price.html (Estimate using '02 S7)
I noticed that for the Mustang GT as well. In real life its like 53/47 or something to that effect, but in the game its 65/35. I'm not sure how accurate the weight scale in the game actually is, though, because some of the cars in the game with truly horrid weight distribution numbers don't drive like the graphic suggests they should.

Nissan GT-R black mask has a typo in the HP section, it shows 476 HP but makes up for that (in the PP formula it says 550, nonetheless... just the same as in the normal GT-R) with extra weight.... :\

Slip up:
476 hp (blackmask) vs. 467 hp in Nissan Spec V
1870 kg vs. 1780 kg (Spec V)

Last edited:
Could that be because they screwed up the downforce for it so much?
It seems that way. The GT5 ACR is basically just a regular 08 SRT-10 with a tiny bit of downforce added in.
I noticed that for the Mustang GT as well. In real life its like 53/47 or something to that effect, but in the game its 65/35. I'm not sure how accurate the weight scale in the game actually is, though, because some of the cars in the game with truly horrid weight distribution numbers don't drive like the graphic suggests they should.

It could be that the scale is inaccurate, but I'd also suspect overly simplified physics as a possible cause. Even when you do insane things with the ballast, like put it at +/- 50, cars are still driveable.

Please provide a reference for such a statement.
To buy a "new", frame-off restoration Delorean S2 directly from DMC in Texas costs around a tenth what it costs in GT5.

Honestly, though, since you can probably count on your hands the cars in the UCD that aren't stupidly overpriced, it isn't really worth mentioning; and it's not really in the purview of this thread anyways.

the Shelby GT350R has incorrect weight and power ratings, the ratings in game is based on a normal GT350 as opposed to the racing type GT350R. let me dig up some sources in a bit.

To buy a "new", frame-off restoration Delorean S2 directly from DMC in Texas costs around a tenth what it costs in GT5.

I'm sorry, but what is the USD to Cr. exchange rate?

I see several things in this thread that bother me. An '88 Volvo 240 GLT compared to a '92 240 GL Estate? A JDM car compared to a USDM car?

I think this thread needs much more in the way of research. I think there are some valid discrepancies, but I'm not sure some of the ones mentioned here are valid.

Honestly, though, since you can probably count on your hands the cars in the UCD that aren't stupidly overpriced, it isn't really worth mentioning; and it's not really in the purview of this thread anyways.

PD didn't take the time to make all the prices right. Besides, some cars aren't even for sale, so they have to guesstimate the price.

I might as well put those 240 specs right for good, MSN Autos still has every value more or less wrong. Sources used? The registration document and owner's manual of my own 240GL '92.

Car: Volvo 240GLT '88.

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1890kg
Engine displacement: 2300cc
Power: 131HP @ 6000rpm
Torque: 145lb/ft @ 3000rpm

Real Life Specifications (European spec 1992 Volvo 240 GL Estate)
Weight: 1340kg
Engine displacement: 2316cc
Power: 116HP @ 5400rpm
Torque: 136lb/ft @ 2700rpm

For more explanation, virtually the only difference between a GL and a GLT is the suspension - the GLT uses the same as the former Turbo versions. All the specs between them are the exact same on these late production models.

In sweden you could get it whith 129hp in -88 but it was the last year with more than 116hp, except the 240 Classic -92 that had 136hp. The maximum weight of a 245 is around 1500kg.
But the spec in the game is still wrong.

Sorry if the English isn't so good.

Last edited:
PD didn't take the time to make all the prices right. Besides, some cars aren't even for sale, so they have to guesstimate the price.
They didn't even try. They also inflated the prices of almost all of the cars from GT4 to be basically twice what they were, if not more.

I'm sorry, but what is the USD to Cr. exchange rate?
Generally fairly close to 1:1.

I see several things in this thread that bother me. An '88 Volvo 240 GLT compared to a '92 240 GL Estate?
Probably why it is labeled as being an estimation. I take it you didn't bother to actually read the post where the information came from.

A JDM car compared to a USDM car?
Wanna tell me why any of the USDM models listed in the OP shouldn't be there?

I think this thread needs much more in the way of research.
I think your criticisms need much more in the way of explanations.

The maximum weight of a 245 is around 1500kg.

Is that the curb weight or GVWR?

Toronado
Is that the curb weight or GVWR?

It's the curb weight. And its around 1500kg whith the heaviest engine and transmission and all equipment like AC, Power windows and stuff like that.
And the lowest weight on a 240(think it is the 242) is 1290Kg.

Last edited:
Not sure if it was mentioned already but the 2005 and 2007 Mustang GT's have the gear ratio's for the automatic transmission instead of the manual.

I'll have to properly look it up, but I think the reason the American muscle cars have such short gear ratios is because the manufacturers geared the cars to be fast in a 1/4 mile, not top speed.

Back