Wallbanger's Ring Masters Challenge (7/21/11, new challenge 10/17/11)

The Daihatsu Move SR-XX 4WD '97 should have a decent shot at making the time. You can get it up in the 182-187HP range and 142-170ft-lb torque range. Weight wise you can get it down to 719kg. It's 4WD as the name says and takes all the Drivetrain modifications including the torque splitter.

The Move RE '02 can only get up to 150-153hp has less torque and weighs an extra 200kg or thereabouts so its not likely to work.

The Honda Beat Version Z '93 makes 158HP has 92ft-lb torque and weighs 689kg its a MR. Doubtful due to lack of torque but maybe.

A bone stock sub 500PP Camaro SS on SS tires can run 2:02's on GV pretty easily, and I ran a stock one on stock S1's to 7:40 something on the Nurb I believe.

I think the border for FF to compete is about 450PP, maybe 475 for a lucky few.

What's decent car nobody's tried yet? not looking for an attempt, just the name of a new to this comp Kei car I can try. I like the unknown, so please don't tell me it's tuned specs or times, I like the mystery. ;)
Edit: Any Kei car nobody's posted tuned specs or a time for will do.

Sorry about the tuned spec part but as far as I know no one has tried them or published a tune for them.

MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R '97

7'21"803

mira1.jpg

Here is my tune . Check the gears , and the right RPM to shift, very important.

DAIHATSU MIRA TR-XX AVANZATO R ‘97

Ring Master challenge

TURBO 2 ONLY.

Downforce 00/20

VERY IMPORTANT ,SHIFT AT 6200 RPM.
Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- don’t do nothing yet
3- Select top speed at 380 km/h = 236,1 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 1534
2: 1084
3: 0800
4: 0615
5: 0490
After this select a final gear of 4770
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 370 km/h = 229,9 mph

Tracks: Nurburgring Nordschleife / adapt with final gear to each track

power 210 hp
weight 634 kg
perf. Points: 517 pp

LSD FRONT 14/35/05

Ride Height -05/ -25

Spring Rate 8.5/3.2
Extension 8/3
Compression 7/3
Anti-roll bars 5/4

Camber 1.5/0.2
Toe +0.05/+0.10

Brake Balance 5/7

tires R3/R3 For the Ring master challenge.

Enjoy.

Wondered when one of you manual transmission drivers was going to install a mid rpm turbo in a Cuore/Mira for the extra HP and torque. Won't work for us automatic types though. Good job praiano!

Cars and times added/updated praiano and tunes linked.👍👍

Hmm……I've just got an idea…We all should know that US muscle cars aren't the most…delicate, or best handling of cars. So, how's this for a challenge? The fastest muscle car to lap the 'Ring in under 7:00's. Fastest driver shall be unofficially known as the driving god :lol:

Hmm……I've just got an idea…We all should know that US muscle cars aren't the most…delicate, or best handling of cars. So, how's this for a challenge? The fastest muscle car to lap the 'Ring in under 7:00's. Fastest driver shall be unofficially known as the driving god :lol:
Any musclecar? What about Race car and RM variants?
Reason I ask is because of the Corvette and Viper Race Cars and the various RM cars.

How about classic musclecars instead no Race Car or RM?

That was what I was thinking, 70's muscle cars on the 'Ring. And to make things…more interesting, there shall be a tyre restriction. No tyres above sport mediums are allowed :D

That was what I was thinking, 70's muscle cars on the 'Ring. And to make things…more interesting, there shall be a tyre restriction. No tyres above sport mediums are allowed :D

Okay this I have to see a non Race Car or RM pre '80 car on sport mediums doing sub 7 minute times:scared:...talk about masochistic:ouch::eek:...and they call me crazy!:crazy:

You're nothing! Did you see the Ruf Yellowbird on the 'Ring?! :D :bowdown:

Would that be on the ring, on the grass, on the sand, on the trees and for good measure on the walls...as in a thin grease smear and scattering of scrap metal and plastic?:lol:

New challenge posted. Times and restrictions are currently under review for modification so feel free to make suggestions as to the ease or difficulty of this challenge.

Last edited:
A sub 7 minute time with the Yellowbird? Shouldn't be a big problem.

Nope try classic pre '80 musclecars on sports mediums...
Onboy wants to make it stock suspensions as well...and raise time.

Why Sport Medium? That's very unusual......:confused:

Would have to ask Onboy that but think its because those would be closest to the best tires that were available when these cars were new.

Would have to ask Onboy that but think its because those would be closest to the best tires that were available when these cars were new.

Well, I think it should be possible even with Sport Medium. (I remember that I did a 7:15.??? with Sport Hard tires and a max. tuned Yellowbird. Yes, it was exciting! :D )

I was trying the FF challenge with an SRT4 and with 600 bhp it sounds awful and suffers from terminal understeer. Guess I'm going to have to work on a tune...

I was trying the FF challenge with an SRT4 and with 600 bhp it sounds awful and suffers from terminal understeer. Guess I'm going to have to work on a tune...

Keep us posted on your progress. Also don't be afraid to try the Kei challenge out they are a blast to drive and fairly easy to tune.

XDesperado67
Nope try classic pre '80 musclecars on sports mediums...
Onboy wants to make it stock suspensions as well...and raise time.

I'm not sure if you've ever driven an old porsche or muscle car, pre 70' IRL... they are HORRIBLE. and I mean that very literally. My dad collects cars and in his collection he has a couple 60's and a 70' Porsche as well a few old muscle cars... I've had the displeasure of driving all three of his classic porsches at mid Ohio rave track, ( configuration 2.) and it's damn near impossible to keep the car from swapping ends... Needless to say I'm not permitted to drive them anymore.
And the" muscle" cars? slow heavy boats the won't Rev. Add that up with bench cloth and vinyl seats and you get a ride that's about as exciting as driving a cinderblock around your backyard. Yuck.

I'm not sure if you've ever driven an old porsche or muscle car, pre 70' IRL... they are HORRIBLE. and I mean that very literally. My dad collects cars and in his collection he has a couple 60's and a 70' Porsche as well a few old muscle cars... I've had the displeasure of driving all three of his classic porsches at mid Ohio rave track, ( configuration 2.) and it's damn near impossible to keep the car from swapping ends... Needless to say I'm not permitted to drive them anymore.
And the" muscle" cars? slow heavy boats the won't Rev. Add that up with bench cloth and vinyl seats and you get a ride that's about as exciting as driving a cinderblock around your backyard. Yuck.
Well your in luck now you can update the suspension and add power to those cinderblocks and try to get one around the ring in under 7 minutes.:D:crazy: Of course the tire selection does complicate things a tad bit!:lol:

XDesperado67
Well your in luck now you can update the suspension and add power to those cinderblocks and try to get one around the ring in under 7 minutes.:D:crazy: Of course the tire selection does complicate things a tad bit!:lol:

Yeah.. That'll be tough. Can we use that sema corvette or camaro?

Only classic musclecars that meet the criteria for the A-spec classic musclecar race and are not RMed or race cars.

I don't think the SEMA cars qualify because they are considered "new" cars instead of the year car they are based off of.

Last edited:

i'm 7'10"for the moment with mustang mach 1 '71.
Don't know... very dificult .
But this one is harder than the others contest. The other contest just a few are posting times. just me for the under 6'35 FF till now
It's bad to feel alone like this. Seems that nobody is interested ???....
Where are the drivers. No matter the time ,post them.

i'm 7'10"for the moment with mustang mach 1 '71.
Don't know... very dificult .
But this one is harder than the others contest. The other contest just a few are posting times. just me for the under 6'35 FF till now
It's bad to feel alone like this. Seems that nobody is interested ???....
Where are the drivers. No matter the time ,post them.
I completely agree with you praiano. Would love to get reports on peoples attempts, what cars their trying, how their times look, where they are having difficulty or things that are working well.

I'd hoped with these challenges it might stimulate some sharing of ideas and techniques. Obviously because of different styles not everything works the same for everyone.
But if you look at the threads for the expert seasonal events you see the kind of sharing of information I'm talking about.
I would like to see this as a sort of cross between the straight time trial events and the expert seasonals. Don't know if that's realistic or not but that was my intent.

Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 - 204HP - 732KG - 478PP
7:19.684

I can get a pic up then if anyone wants it.

Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 - 204HP - 732KG - 478PP
7:19.684

I can get a pic up then if anyone wants it.

Congratulations, you win a car from the special challenge under 7'20" it seems.
Morisson corvette?
I'll try again tommorow.

Today i'm done. Have a good night everybody.

Latest Posts

Back