Wallbanger's Ring Masters Challenge (7/21/11, new challenge 10/17/11)

Sport Soft or Sport Medium? If you've been using Sport Soft I need to either change the rule on tires or raise the time.

You should change the tires to Sports Softs and the time to 7:10 (or whatever time he did) and give him the honors. Because just reading all this , I know I have a challenge to defeat tonite and it's going to be tough. But I will still try my best and I will post my time whether or not I nail it.

Hello Buick.

Remember the one you win as a prize car is not eligible for this challenge.

Technically that car is a one off car that would have a model year of '02 or '03. Cars that can be used in the A-Spec Classic Musclecar races are the only ones eligible (minus the race cars. Note: the Shelby GT350R is a road car that could be converted to a race car and not an actual race car. I had to read the description more than once and check aero or in this case lack thereof to make that determination.)

Remember the one you win as a prize car is not eligible for this challenge.

Technically that car is a one off car that would have a model year of '02 or '03. Cars that can be used in the A-Spec Classic Musclecar races are the only ones eligible (minus the race cars. Note: the Shelby GT350R is a road car that could be converted to a race car and not an actual race car. I had to read the description more than once and check aero or in this case lack thereof to make that determination.)

I think CSL doesn´t mean the GNX.

raVer

I think CSL doesn´t mean the GNX.

raVer

I'm referring to the special.
It's an original creation set on a highly modified Art Morrison frame with custom bodywork based on an early Buick built as a show car and displayed in the '03 SEMA show.

If you click on garage in the classic musclecar races next to the tire restrictions it will bring up all the cars in your garage that are eligible for that series...the Buick Special is not one of them. However the premium Shelby Cobra '66 is eligible...:crazy::D

Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 7:52.202
Yeah! Less than a second behind my Copen time.:crazy: now I just have to shave that 0:53.000 and I'm a real driver.:D

It's ok for me, i was 3 seconds under several time but red lap at the end. I'll not try anymore. It was good but it's over for me. Muscle with Sport medium on the ring is a crazy thing. Really.:)

Thanks to everybody.

So 7'10"547 FORD MUSTANG MACH 1 '71.

EDIT: I have ghost and replay.

sany0005y.jpg

It's ok for me, i was 3 seconds under several time but red lap at the end. I'll not try anymore. It was good but it's over for me. Muscle with Sport medium on the ring is a crazy thing. Really.:)

Thanks to everybody.

So 7'10"547 FORD MUSTANG MACH 1 '71.

EDIT: I have ghost and replay.
Special Announcement:
Time for the Classic Musclecar Challenge has been changed to 7:15.000.

Congratulations praiano you become the first Classic Musclecar Ring Master. Your name car and time are posted in the OP. If you have published the tune for your car I will add a link to the tune.:cheers::bowdown::gtpflag:

Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 7:52.202
Yeah! Less than a second behind my Copen time.:crazy: now I just have to shave that 0:53.000 and I'm a real driver.:D

You´re a real driver , you´ve finished the lap with this pig 👍

I didn´t even get to T2.This thing is too wild for me.Car was fully modded but not properly set up.

btw I´ve tried the Stingray too but this car is much more worse.

raVer

Last edited:
Special Announcement:
Time for the Classic Musclecar Challenge has been changed to 7:15.000.

Congratulations praiano you become the first Classic Musclecar Ring Master. Your name car and time are posted in the OP. If you have published the tune for your car I will add a link to the tune.:cheers::bowdown::gtpflag:

Hi, i can't publish my tune ,it's horrible what i've done to this car specialy for this event and like this i can stay on the road +-.
Somebody can have a heart attack. i don't know if i can....???

Hi, i can't publish my tune ,it's horrible what i've done to this car specialy for this event and like this i can stay on the road +-.
Somebody can have a heart attack. i don't know if i can....???
Crazy tune for a crazy challenge!:crazy::lol:
You could always add a disclaimer to your tune saying it was made strictly for this event and to use it at ones own risk.:D

I've tell you it was ugly to see.:ouch::ouch:

Please Adrenaline ,don't considere this as a tune. It was just for this event with this tires. I will never publish this in my garage.

Downforce 00/20

LSD Rear 60/60/30:ill:💡👍

Ride Height -20/40:grumpy::ouch::ouch::nervous:

Spring Rate 11.9/3.2
Extension 10/2
Compression 9/2
Anti-roll bars 7/2
Camber 1.7/2.4
Toe -0.16/+0.21

Brake Balance 5/10

tires S2/S2

OP is fully updated with changes to special mini challenges and their status.
Also linked praiano tune for his MACH I.

I've tell you it was ugly to see.:ouch::ouch:

Please Adrenaline ,don't considere this as a tune. It was just for this event with this tires. I will never publish this in my garage.

Downforce 00/20

LSD Rear 60/60/30:ill:💡👍

Ride Height -20/40:grumpy::ouch::ouch::nervous:

Spring Rate 11.9/3.2
Extension 10/2
Compression 9/2
Anti-roll bars 7/2
Camber 1.7/2.4
Toe -0.16/+0.21

Brake Balance 5/10

tires S2/S2
Why is your ride height set for understeer, springs/shocks for oversteer, camber for understeer and your brakes for oversteer?

Why is your ride height set for understeer, springs/shocks for oversteer, camber for understeer and your brakes for oversteer?

I tell you this is crazy. i don't understand too. but like this the car is still agressive but the rear stay inline. I just wanted to finish the lap on track and do something else. It's a torture to drive this cars with sport medium tires on this track. :scared:

I tell you this is crazy. i don't understand too. but like this the car is still agressive but the rear stay inline. I just wanted to finish the lap on track and do something else. It's a torture to drive this cars with sport medium tires on this track. :scared:
Try an Enzo or McLaren on S1's ;)

So who's gonna be crazy enough to try the Shelby? :P

I've now become absorbed with pushing the Cappy as far as I can, but I haven't been able to beat my 7:45 time. I know that there's more time out there... 7:35? Probably not. But a 7:40 and under, absolutely. So I'll share my settings just out of curiosity - I admit to knowing nearly nothing about tuning past the theories behind most of it, I'm more the type that relies on others to give me a good tune to extract the best time from. So pardon what I'm sure is a strange tune:

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
134HP/7400rpm
590kg

Aerodynamics: 5/5
Transmission: First hit Reset to Default, then:
1st Gear: 2.685
2nd Gear 1.760
3rd Gear: 1.315
4th Gear: 1.015
5th Gear: 0.825
Final Gear: 5.250

LSD Initial: 12
LSD Accel: 18
LSD Decel: 14

Suspension:
Ride Height Adjustment: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 10.8/6.5
Dampers (Extension): 6/4
Dampers (Compression): 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/4

Wheel Alignment:
Camber Angle: 1.4/0.8
Toe Angle: 0.10/-0.05

Brake Balance: 1/2

It's a lot of fun to drive in its current form, which is usually all I'm after, but I'm curious what someone else might be able to do in this tune, or what might improve it. I just browsed around and noticed RKM's transmission is incredibly similar - pure coincidence, honest!

So who's gonna be crazy enough to try the Shelby? :P

I've now become absorbed with pushing the Cappy as far as I can, but I haven't been able to beat my 7:45 time. I know that there's more time out there... 7:35? Probably not. But a 7:40 and under, absolutely. So I'll share my settings just out of curiosity - I admit to knowing nearly nothing about tuning past the theories behind most of it, I'm more the type that relies on others to give me a good tune to extract the best time from. So pardon what I'm sure is a strange tune:

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
134HP/7400rpm
590kg

Aerodynamics: 5/5
Transmission: First hit Reset to Default, then:
1st Gear: 2.685
2nd Gear 1.760
3rd Gear: 1.315
4th Gear: 1.015
5th Gear: 0.825
Final Gear: 5.250

LSD Initial: 12
LSD Accel: 18
LSD Decel: 14

Suspension:
Ride Height Adjustment: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 10.8/6.5
Dampers (Extension): 6/4
Dampers (Compression): 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/4

Wheel Alignment:
Camber Angle: 1.4/0.8
Toe Angle: 0.10/-0.05

Brake Balance: 1/2

It's a lot of fun to drive in its current form, which is usually all I'm after, but I'm curious what someone else might be able to do in this tune, or what might improve it. I just browsed around and noticed RKM's transmission is incredibly similar - pure coincidence, honest!
I imagine it's over-steery, if it is, try softening the left side of the suspension to about the same as the right.

I think I have to drive a Shelby now.
Edit: The Shelby's awful. Can't really upgrade speed because it has zero grip on the rear tires, I couldn't gain from increasing horsepower or lowering weight, or raising weight.

Last edited:
Ok so last night I made some crazy tune to keep the Superbird tamed with the Sports Mediums & man it was a lot to handle. I finished somewhere under 8 minutes. It was pure torture :scared: LOL! I guess not too bad really. I probably could keep lowering my times if I spent the whole night there. I think I might try the crazy tune for the Mach 1 tonite or maybe my GT350R inwhich I have the best tune for Racing Softs but I don't know about Sports Mediums. Like stated above that it looses a lot of rear tire grip. You need to feather the throttle. Vintage Tuning garage has their tune posted for this car but has since updated it and gave it to me. The are to soon post the updated tune.

You´re a real driver , you´ve finished the lap with this pig 👍

I didn´t even get to T2.This thing is too wild for me.Car was fully modded but not properly set up.

btw I´ve tried the Stingray too but this car is much more worse.

raVer
Actually after I posted that time I had praiano check it out and after a couple adjustments to my tune praiano pulled a 7:18 with more left in the car since its no where near fully broken in yet. I've not had a chance to try praiano adjustments yet as I had to go to work. Will give it a go again in a couple hours when I finish my route.

Oh and personally I find this to be one of the easier musclecars to tune and drive. Actually preferred it to the '69 Camaro from the NCD that can be RMed.

Will most likely post the tune for it later today for anyone that wants to try it.
Will also put it on share once its fully broken in.

Last edited:
Actually after I posted that time I had CSLACR check it out and after a couple adjustments to my tune CSLACR pulled a 7:18 with more left in the car since its no where near fully broken in yet. I've not had a chance to try CSLACR adjustments yet as I had to go to work. Will give it a go again in a couple hours when I finish my route.

Oh and personally I find this to be one of the easier musclecars to tune and drive. Actually preferred it to the '69 Camaro from the NCD that can be RMed.

Will most likely post the tune for it later today for anyone that wants to try it.
Will also put it on share once its fully broken in.

?? Madame CSLACR Lovato make some adjustments to perform 7'18" too ?? Such a coincidence.... me too...
Your corvette is really good, just need more top speed and power. 👍👍

?? Madame CSLACR Lovato make some adjustments to perform 7'18" too ?? Such a coincidence.... me too...
Your corvette is really good, just need more top speed and power. 👍👍

HeHe you weren't supposed to see that before I corrected it amigo.:drool::dunce:

Fixed it now and will complete breaking the car in today should help the power out considerably.

Was one of these that I first went over 200mph in on my first game save so I know it has the speed.

HeHe you weren't supposed to see that before I corrected it amigo.:drool::dunce:

Fixed it now and will complete breaking the car in today should help the power out considerably.

Was one of these that I first went over 200mph in on my first game save so I know it has the speed.

You know... Demi and I , I and Demi...... i understand you.

Taylor.

taylorlautnerdemilovato.jpg

Apparently Kaz and PD have been watching the Wallbanger and his Ring Masters Challenge because they filled the OCD with all those classic musclecars.:crazy::D
So now you all have no excuse for not giving the lot of them a shot here. Let's see some times and the tunes your trying out with these beasts.

I imagine it's over-steery, if it is, try softening the left side of the suspension to about the same as the right.

Oh, that was intentional - it rotates very nicely now, since I figured 134hp and RS tires won't make it very unruly ;).

Oh, that was intentional - it rotates very nicely now, since I figured 134hp and RS tires won't make it very unruly ;).

My AZ-1 was very tidy running 7:40's, it was when I dropped below I started having to dial over-steer out more and more.

Technically that car is a one off car that would have a model year of '02 or '03.
So what model year is a '69 Challenger if I buy it and modify it today?

Last edited:
Back